This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where R The Best In Oz
Guest_Daz_*
post Sep 2 2004, 04:19 AM
Post #1

Guests

Goodday

There are always talk about Straight Egyptians around the world

Who has the best straight egyptians in Australia?

Pictures and opinions please

Daz
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dennis
post Sep 2 2004, 08:47 AM
Post #2

Advanced Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 74

A tough question that could lead to some irritation. wink.gif Why not ask: Where are the sE horses in Australia - who breeds them, which bloodlines are maintained, which horses are "hot", which horses are your personal favourites and why, how many sE horses and breeders of sEs are "down under", do they have recently imports, which horses won chmapionships, are they used in performance........ biggrin.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jonas S.
post Sep 2 2004, 08:51 AM
Post #3

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 974

In australia the best straight egyptians are at the SIMEON STUD , mrs Richmond but an other great farm is Redwoodlodge where a lot of international champions were born like RL Romantic , RL Antiguaa.........
greetings JONAS

+Quote Post
Andante1
post Sep 2 2004, 09:43 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 257

I agree with the second poster, there are a great many more se breeding programs in Australia than 'simeon', breeding several different types and all valuable.

The 'pioneers' of SE breeding in Australia were people like Paul James of Arabian Park (Sydney) and Peter Pond (Maitland) without these two and their foresight a great many fabulous horses wouldn't have been bought into the country. Then studs such as Dunwingeri (home of Sirhalima and Imperial Maakir), Tarong (Serreefa) and Bostocks (Al Karim Jabal Ibn Moniet) just to name a few, from there it has blossomed and so many great studs with so many great breeding programs breeding Straight Egyptians and combining the Egyptian horses with the domestic english line horses.

There are dozens of studs around the country breeding with straight egyptian and egyptian related horses, and the competition is fierce, so to say, this is the best is a little narrow minded.

+Quote Post
HartzArabians
post Sep 2 2004, 12:03 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 49

My personal fave SE's come from Simeon, Pearsons View, Sabtah and the Shareefa family from the late Tarong Stud.

I think all the above mentioned have been breeding quality SE horses true to arabian type and despite being pretty they are functional as well.

Most of the older SE imports to Oz have done great things for the breed and time will tell if the newies can contribute to our programs in a positive way.

+Quote Post
Guest_Liz_*
post Sep 3 2004, 03:27 AM
Post #6

Guests

Yes, there is more than Simeon. But Simeon woul dprobably be the best known.
As far as I know Redwood Lodge never bred any straights, they concentrate on golden crosses, as they are very much into the blood of Estopa.
They have a lot of very good Arabians, but our now in Europe.

What about Joda near Sydney, they have been breeding straights for a while and have an imported stallion who is a paternal half brother to Anazah Bay Shahh. His name is Desert Shaikh.
And they have the very succesful Joda Aly Dahr (x The Fugitve imp & DEC xThee Desperado). They also have some lovely mares, some of which are from the USA.

Saba have a small group of high quality straights and Egyptian related.
Including Thaqib Al Naaser (impQatar) (x Ansata Halim Shah), they also have several imported mares too like Halima's Tiara and a black daughter of Imperial Madheen.

Chaswyck in QLD have Simeon Sochain and several Simeon mares, and they have just imported a black colt from Germany.

Rick Cummins has several straight egyptians and leased Aki Geshan for a few seasons from the USA. His colt will be arriving soon from Kehilan Inc.

And Janharm in QLD are standing MB Mayal (imp) for the first half of the season.

Eastwinds bred some straights, but don't not sure if they are still around.

Hawley arabians in VIC have an excellent xcollection however they aren't straaight but are diamond crosses.

Cheers

Liz

+Quote Post
Guest_Daz_*
post Sep 3 2004, 04:18 AM
Post #7

Guests

Thanks for that wonderful story Liz

There might be a lot of straight Egyptians around But I think I agree with Dennis
Maybe I should have asked what he said

""Where are the sE horses in Australia - who breeds them, which bloodlines are maintained, which horses are "hot", which horses are your personal favourites and why, how many sE horses and breeders of sEs are "down under", do they have recently imports, which horses won chmapionships, are they used in performance........ ""

I often think about horses, where they are, what are they doing, what ones are being wasted. If some of these people with the big studs and successful horses, Who are the most recognised and successful stallions and mares. Who has been influential?

Sometimes people dont appreciate what they have in their paddocks and are always threatened by others. Maybe some just need a better stallion selection then using one that just is not working on that mare.

I dont know, we all like different stuff which is good but maybe we need to look out more then just a little circle.

Hope we get some of the people from their studs in Australia commenting.

I would love to hear more about new studs and what they want to acheive

Cheers

Daz

+Quote Post
diane
post Sep 3 2004, 05:51 AM
Post #8

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 117

Hiya Daz - this question has been asked before, a couple of times. The first time I answered listing most of the studs/bloodlines I could remember I got a few emails from "locals" saying I hadn't listed their stud or horses! My invite is for all to name what bloodlines they are breeding in sE to answer your question.

My stud is Agecroft and my sE bloodlines are Talika based ie their base mare lines are the imported in utero Janidah (Ibn Moniet El Nefous x Al Nahr Janie) (dec'd) and Shahmira (Ansata El Shahwan x Omayma) (dec'd). These mares bred to imported stallions in the first instance. Please refer to the website for further details.

My stallion, Talika Farad, is by Talika Fazir Ibn Shahmira (dec'd) (Arabian Prk Faraz x Shahmira) from Talika Siridah (dec'd) (AK Sirhalima x Janidah). Later purchasing a sE mare - Talika Neshinah by Neshan imp/exp Germ from Talika Fazarah (Arabian Prk Faraz x Talika Siridah), and with greatest of regret she was euthanaised well before her time. However, the bonus was her only foal - Talika Sirina bint Sirdahn (x Talika Sirdahn Halima (dec'd) (AK Sirhalima x Janidah)), Neshinah was bred to Sirdahn at Agecroft's request during purchase. Sirina is shortly due to foal to Farad smile.gif

Farad is working under saddle nicely and having the winter off, we're just coming back into light work ~ it'll get purposeful after he's moulted his "winter coat". Harness is a possibility - I like driving the viceroy rather than a sulky though we need to start slowly first, after training, with the sulky.

Sirina? I'm happy to await her foal by Farad and savour the time I have with her and their foal smile.gif her dam is greatly missed.

What I like about these lines - they are compact, balanced, sound, have good temperaments and can move a treat and still have ooodles in reserve biggrin.gif A mare line I would love to see mated with Farad and/or introduced to the stud is Shareefa's (imp Germ) deceased (Kaisoon x Sahla) - with my ER bloodlines having the Shareefa link and seeing what Farad is producing with the ERs of this bloodline, a sE mating would be interesting. Shareefa's influential females have the AK Sirhalima connection. Shareefa along with other Tarong sE Arabians - Mashour imp Austria, Tarong Bint Shareefa (her daughter by AK Sirhalima), Tarong Mahrus (her son by AK Jabal Ibn Moniet), Tarong Sugaa (her daughter by Mashour) before she left for the US, Sugaa's full brother - Tarong Ramsar (dec'd, leaving no sE stock), Tarong Sharaf (bint's full sister) and Tarong Shahgar (bint's full brother) were my first introduction to AK, sE Arabian Horses. This family, Shareefa's is becoming a dynasty of its own smile.gif Judy would be so proud of. Tarong is now no more, with the death of Judy and Herman Vink, the stud more or less folded. Shareefa being sold to Dunwingeri where she had a number of colts and a filly by AK Sirhalima (Sylvia's stallion at the time) and Imperial Maakir).

Time - it all takes time and patience.

I like to breed a sound, balanced individual with a pleasant temperament plus attitude who has movement to spare within the frame set by the nomadic Bedouin of the deserts of Arabia via their pedigree.

+Quote Post
Andante1
post Sep 3 2004, 05:57 AM
Post #9

only the tip of the iceberg, in queensland, Talika, Kai Hai (stood Ansata el Shahwan for a while), there's the Mosry son, Meadow Magic imp USA standing at Moondarra?, there are quite a few people who may only own one or two straight egyptian mares and are happily breeding them to outside stallions,

bloodlines include Ansata el Hakim, Ansata el Shahwan, Omamya, Kirrong Park in New South Wales had a good collection but have recently been dispersing, and many breeders who have been breeding egyptian related horses have now acquired mares to start their own SE programs.

SE breeding in Australia is quite large and diverse, with new exciting stallions and mares coming into the country quite regularly.

A better way to go may be to contact the Australian Arabian Society directly and ask about studs that are breeding se lines, or to join a couple of the australian arabian yahoo groups and ask there.

+Quote Post
tiawarra
post Sep 3 2004, 06:43 AM
Post #10

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 1113

Hello,

Just a few of the smaller breeders in southern parts of Oz (in Victoria)are myself "Tiawarra Arabians" . I have owned, bred or leased almost 20 SE's so perhaps I'm not as small as some may think.

My cousin Kathy Taylor of "Taywoona Arabians" & owner of the 22 year old Black son of AK Sirhalima imp, Dynasty Qatama.

Meg Moyle of "Dowling Park", who owned Tarong Shagig.

Gai Johnstone of "Nurelee Arabians", owner of the mare "Onara imp", & several others.

Barbara Vogler of "Sweetmeadows" owner of "Simeon Sandek".

Donna Sadler formerly of "Wildon Park" & now of "Jamuna", owner of "PVA Sonbali impusa"

Belinda Sharples of "Ellesmere Park", with her fledgling herd of 3 SE & a number of Egyptian related.

One of the largest in numbers is "Rothlynne" owned by Lynne Matthews with a large herd of SE mares & owner of "WH Kadeen impusa".

There are many others in Victoria but can't remember everyone just off the top of my head, sorry everyone!!

In South Australia.

There is Dawn Brown with her little group of SE's.

Peta Dickson owner of the black "Taywoona Qariim", who's grandsire was the mighty "AK Sirhalima". This beautiful young black stallion is breeding black progeny with excellent quality.

Now long gone was "Maricol Arabians" who owned the milk white fairy tale stallion "Ibn Mahran", who will never die while I am still alive, as I will always remember his beauty.

I know there are other's in SA who have SE's but can't remember names.

Just some of the SE owners & breeders in Australia.

All the best from Down Under
Debbie Comini
Tiawarra Arabians
Australia
tiawarra@bigpond.com

+Quote Post
HartzArabians
post Sep 3 2004, 10:28 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 49

I hear that PVA Sonbali now calls Saba Arabians home.

Ruth Newman in Vic stands Simeon Solomon and also now has two SE Asfour daughters and Undurra Stud also in Vic stand Simeon Shoah and now own a Simeon Sadik daughter. Greg Egan who sometimes posts here has Myth Haven In NSW and owns 3 SE colts and one pure egyptian... all are gorgeous boys and will no doubt breed well with his SE mares.

I think generally SE's have a better reputation now than they used to have which is a great thing!!

+Quote Post
Al Shama
post Sep 4 2004, 03:01 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 76

QUOTE (Daz @ Sep 2 2004, 05:19 AM)
Goodday

There are always talk about Straight Egyptians around the world

Who has the best straight egyptians in Australia?

Pictures and opinions please

Daz

Hi Daz,

Without a doubt.........Pearsons View Arabians in Queensland........take a look at Pearsons View Arabians and you'll be able to see for yourself.

+Quote Post
Andante1
post Sep 4 2004, 10:11 AM
Post #13

oooh, another 'pioneer' of SE breeding in Australia would have to be Lady Massey-Greene of Belbowrie Arabians - she bought the lovely El Moongi into the country, and still is running a SE program today.

+Quote Post
Guest_Daz_*
post Sep 5 2004, 09:55 PM
Post #14

Guests

HI Kirsty

What about your own horses? I see you own a few too, what do you do with them, where are your photos? Do you breed many foals? Would love to see them
Or are they not worth mentioning.
Pearsons horses on their web site are beautiful, real arabians

Cheers

Daz

+Quote Post
Al Shama
post Sep 5 2004, 11:26 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 76

Hi Daz,

We've bred a few foals, nothing SE yet though. Our first SE filly is only a yearling so it will be a little while yet. We have an SE stallion Stavs Kin Shahsa that we bought from Pearsons View Arabians. One of the "famous three" full siblings by Simeon Stav out of Simeon Shaina, the others being his older brother Stavs Kru Sayd and the hauntingly beautiful mare Stavs Sorsha.

Why don't you take a little holiday to sunny Queensland and visit a few of the local studs?

Oh and by the way, everyone has been nice enough to use their real names, so how about yours?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 03:43
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.