This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Did You Get For Christmas?
mckulley1
post Dec 26 2004, 11:48 PM
Post #1

Gold Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 249

Ok, so what did everyone get for Christmas?

I got:
An engagement ring from my Husband! When we got married 6 years ago I never got an engagment ring. I just had a teeny tiny diamond that was a promise ring from two years earlier. I never had a wedding either so....needless to say I can get rather "sour" when discussing the topic. SUPRISE! I have a 3/4 karret diamond with amazing clarity and sparkle! I guess this means I need to start wearing rings again! wink.gif I also got a cd I wanted. This was WAYYYYYYYY over our agreed budget!!!!!!!! tongue.gif
OK, I am NOT complaining!! laugh.gif
I also got a new pair of Dr. Martins (shoes) from my grandparents, money, a shirt, and candies from my parents. Bath stuff, a gift cert. and new pots from my mother in law.
My husband got a new pair of Dr. Martins and gift certs to Dunkin Donuts from me (boy don't I feel like a schmuck!), money, a shirt, and candies from my parents, gift cert, ski stuff, police stuff from his mother/brother.

Of course the dogs and cats got their stockings filled! And all of the horses/ponies had nice crisp apples!

Lets here from YOU! cool.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cindymac
post Dec 27 2004, 12:04 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 16

Hi

Ya know yer getting old when.....

ya get a rocking chair and a heating pad from Santa....and...it is just what you wanted. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Actually the greatest gift that I got was not for Christmas but is in my barn. She is the lovely Tahara El Risaana. To me, a treasure and everyday is like Christmas when I go to tend to her or just to spend time. I have Lisa Busch of Eclipse Arabians to thank for this great gift. Thank You Lisa!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and that Santa was good to you. smile.gif

Cindy

+Quote Post
diane
post Dec 27 2004, 12:24 AM
Post #3

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 117

smile.gif our new house plans are finally in with council (after a 2yr wait) with a promise of "around Christmas start" so this coming year we'll have our new home "soon"!! smile.gif future years will see the up grading of barns etc!

Personally - some very thoughtful gifts from family and friends including a lovely English leather double bridle smile.gif Farad's and my ride on Christmas morning was wonderful trying it out smile.gif

wishing all well during the festive season biggrin.gif and many thanks for the lovely greeting from Aleksi and Oliver - it was lovely smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Zajaddi Egyptians_*
post Dec 27 2004, 01:36 AM
Post #4

Guests

I got a tack room that I have been wanting for 4 years! It will really come in handy! The trip to Paris to watch the Salon De Chaval was also part of my Christmas present - I think I will ask for that again in '05!
Thanks Santa!!!
Happy Holidays!
D

+Quote Post
lynnbrook
post Dec 27 2004, 03:03 AM
Post #5

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 1468

For christmas we mainly got clothes & things that the whole family can use. Coffee pot ,dvd player ,electric blanket, electric skillet & etc.
Danny & I must have been really bad this past year we both came down with a nasty case of Strep Throat

unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif
donna

+Quote Post
Sliver
post Dec 27 2004, 05:19 AM
Post #6

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 924

Well I got the normal sweater, horse stuff and now baby stuff but the thing I liked most was my insulated rubber boots! lol You know your a horse person when.............lol

I also got the Reference Book of Egypts SE Arabians that I am poring over all the time and it's one of my favorites as well! Thanks Lisa! tongue.gif If I lived over there, boy would I be hounding alot of breeders for foals and such!

Merry Christmas!

+Quote Post
Gari
post Dec 27 2004, 11:18 AM
Post #7

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 325

Mine hasn 't come yet sad.gif but it is supposed to be this:
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
brentwoodarab
post Dec 27 2004, 11:31 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1259

I got 14 Lefton Poodle Figurines, expanding my growing collection, nicely!! Also a new TV for my bedroom, clothes, soft navajo blanket, Ariat Boots( from a VERY SPECIAL FRIEND!!!), fragrances, wall plaque, mask, and best of all; A NEW GRANDDAUGHTER!!!

Please welcome Diana Mae Gray( Chris and Debbie Gray) of Michael Byatt Arabians. biggrin.gif

Darcy Gray

PS... Gorgeous, Gari!!!

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Dec 27 2004, 03:16 PM
Post #9

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 548

I received my Christmas present a little early this year...in November. And she is the kindest, most loving present I could have ever received. Her name is "Janey" and she is a 2 year-old Bernese Mountain Dog. smile.gif

+Quote Post
ALF
post Dec 27 2004, 04:19 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 1457

I got hot rollers, for those days when I feel like looking like a girl (lol) and some nice Lucky jeans. I also got a new brush set, a longe whip (which really looked funny under the tree), and a copy of the new "A Comprehensive Study of the Horse's Gaits in Motion" which I can't wait to read!!

BTW mckulley, a horse ate the diamond out of my engagement ring when I was helping the vet float his teeth. So BE CAREFUL with your new ring! I still haven't gotten mine replaced!

+Quote Post
Gari
post Dec 27 2004, 08:26 PM
Post #11

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 325

Darcy,

Thanks! When do we get to see picts of the new Granddaughter??? Can't wait to see.!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

Gari

+Quote Post
Guest_guestGuest_*
post Dec 27 2004, 09:45 PM
Post #12

Guests

i got love from my dear best friends. and i´m happy with my friends.
what do you want more? what do you want with all these commercial things, when there are so much cries in this world?

+Quote Post
mckulley1
post Dec 27 2004, 11:43 PM
Post #13

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 249

Such a thought....

Thank you for the advice on the ring! I can't stop looking at it...but I have to put it away! I wore it to work today and that will be that because of my profession (vet tech) I will end up hurting it....

+Quote Post
Guest_Another guest_*
post Dec 28 2004, 12:12 AM
Post #14

Guests

QUOTE (guestGuest @ Dec 27 2004, 10:45 PM)
i got love from my dear best friends. and i´m happy with my friends.
what do you want more? what do you want with all these commercial things, when there are so much cries in this world?

Dear Guest guest,

Who are you to judge? Most of the people posting here devote themselves to many causes that ensures better lives for both people and animals, if not environment -giving not just time but a lot of money too. That they have received gifts may be, in some measure, thank you's for their support. Maybe you don't deserve any and that is why you have such a sour attitude? Ever read, "....he who is without sin-cast the first stone."? Why not simply share the joy?

Another guest

+Quote Post
brentwoodarab
post Dec 28 2004, 12:15 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1259

Gari, Chris and Debbie swear they will be in the mail asap!! biggrin.gif (They just moved to Michaels last Sunday!! They might be a little busy with the unpacking!!)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 00:41
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.