This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fol Yasmeen
Guest_Klimke_*
post Jan 11 2005, 09:22 PM
Post #1

Guests

Is the stallion Fol Yasmeen straight egyptian?
He is a son of Hamdan(straight egyptian-i know)out of Muneera(Sid Abouhom x Mahasin)Mahasin is by Sheikh el Arab x Kasbana=Registan(Skowronek x Riz) x Rasala(Rustem x Serra)
i think he isn`t,but?... unsure.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jan 11 2005, 10:04 PM
Post #2

Guests

Because of his Skowronek (Polish) bloodlines, Fol Yasmeen cannot be accepted into organizations like the Pyramid Society, etc. He is registered in the Egyptian stud book so technically can be called an Egyptian, but he is not considered straight Egyptian.

I think it was Mr. Trouncer, anyway the Scotsman who came to Crabbet looking to import Arabian horses for Egypt. Lady Wentworth disliked him right away. Hiding her best stallions, she brought out those whe wished to sell. After the deal was made, her ladyship triumphantly had Skowronek, Rasim, and the others brought out in front of Mr. Trouncer's disbelieving eyes. "Why didn't you show me these stallions? I would have bought them instead."

Can you imagine Skowronek going to Egypt? What would the Arabian horse of today be like if he had. (Skowronek was offered for sale to W.K. Kellogg, but he was advised against purchasing an old broken down horse)

+Quote Post
HLM
post Jan 12 2005, 12:43 AM
Post #3

Advanced Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 192

Dear Klimke

No, Fol Yasmeen is not a straight egyptian. He has a georgeous pedigree, raced himself with eight wins to his credit.
He was in my quarantine in Canada in 1969, imported by Martin Loeber/Plumgrove Farms,USA and bred by the renowned breeder Ahmad Hamza, Hamdan stables, who as of todate breed excellent SE's too.

the stallion was outstanding, tall, powerful with a golden dispostion. He had par-excllent gaits. Of course, Martin knew a good horsee, when he saw one. Martin rode to the last day of his life and quickly recognized this stallions potentials, who was also very type.He made no mistake.
In the importation was also his daughter "Ramses Judi" out of the georgeous mare "Foze", again an excellent filly. Martin told me that she was named after "Judi" (Forbis") and Judi said to me, "I hope she lives up to my name jokenly". the filly did.
Fol Yasmeen is of the Saqlawi Jidran Strain.

Of course the Skowronek son Registan (Muhagir Es Sham) (1927) appeared to be no slouch either. His dam was Riz (1916) carrying the precious blood of Jerboa and Kars, a Sheykh Obeyd mare,
going into Rodania.All super athletic genes.

One day, we had to take temperatures of all imports every day with our Canadian Gov.veterinarians, we all were talking, while the thermometer was in his rearend. The door was left a bit open, so he pushed it more open and than walked off, with the thermometer still in him and my student hanging on, so both walked around and then back into the stall. The veterinarians were amazed. But this is the kind of dispostion Fol Yasmeen had. I really liked him, worked with him daily and enjoyed every moment of it.

some great horses came from egypt at that time.

Hansi biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ShannonC
post Jan 12 2005, 01:15 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 1745

My daugher's mare is 21 this year. Persiaa is a Double *Fol Yasmeen mare . She is in foal to my stallion for this year. They have been together for 17 years and still competing in the Special Olympics, in English, Western Pleasure, Trail.
Here is a pic of them last year. From what I understand her sire Ramses Pharoh was exported to Germany, in the early 80's.
Persiaa (Ramses Pharoah X Fainsha)
Ramses Pharoah ( *Ramses Fayek x *Ramses Judi)
Finisha ( *Fol Yasmeen X Khalaska)
Do ya'll have any pics of *Fol Yasmeen?

+Quote Post
ShannonC
post Jan 12 2005, 01:50 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1745

Been trying to get pics information of her sire for years now, still no luck. Does anyone know anything about Ramses Pharoah ( *Ramses Fayek X Ramses Judi)?

Shannon

+Quote Post
diane
post Dec 18 2006, 10:46 PM
Post #6

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 117

smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nadj al Nur
post Dec 19 2006, 12:15 AM
Post #7

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3074

Fol Yasmeen spent the last bit of his life in the ownership of Don and Sheila Burroughs, here in Prince George,BC.. If you have any old issues of AHW, there is an excellent article, written by Sheila in the Feb, 1980 issue including many pics of him, his ancestors and his offspring.He was an amazing horse.
Best
Cathy

+Quote Post
peter
post Dec 19 2006, 11:37 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 618

I absolutely agree with Hansi about her statements towards Fol Yasmeen. I have deep respect for the horses the late Mr Hamza bred. The mare *Bint Rahma imported by Mrs Hayek/CH comes from the same tailfemale Saklawi line. Furthermore it is interesting to know that Fol Yasmeen traces to the same tail female line as the imported mare *Bint Serra, one of the 5 imported horses of the Babson Farm and very elemental in the Babson programme.

I do wish, like Hansi, there were more horses of the same bloodlines like Fol Yasmeen and others of the "old days" like Fol Gamil. I really wander if there are still horses these days tracing to the same lines as Fol Yasmeen in tailfemale to carry on...The old Hamdan book shows lovely pictures of other Hamdan offspring like Bint Muneera, a most beautiful mare and full sister to Fol Yasmeen. I would have cared less for their Skowronek-blood knowing these horses are desert type from top to toe.

Good-luck on your quest for Fol Yasmeen info !

Cheers

Peter

+Quote Post
TinaK
post Dec 19 2006, 11:53 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4384

For those who don't know Fol Yasmeen

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
HLM
post Dec 19 2006, 01:56 PM
Post #10

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

Dear tina

thanks for the photos, yes this is Fol Yasmeen

to all others, take a serious look at his movements. Take a stick from point of hock to the knee and it is a STRAIGHT LINE. this is what you want to see, the tremendous stifle/hock action, which I call "The horse is foalding up well behind". this is "power" from the rearend, most valuable I think.

I did not know he went to British Columbia, Canada.

And as Peter says in his way, a good horse is a good horse and this stallion was a very good horse. He raced 8times in Egypt successfully because he came to my quarantine in sound condition with glass clear clean legs too.

Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms

+Quote Post
Nadj al Nur
post Dec 19 2006, 05:06 PM
Post #11

Gold Member
Group Icon

Hi Hansi
Don and Sheila only had him for a few months before he died of a severe colic. They never did actually get him to their place, but they did breed several mares to him. One of his sons, Fol Zahraht, was R-17 champ and sired several very good horses, but unfortunately he also died fairly young.
Cathy

+Quote Post
galdar
post Jul 13 2008, 11:19 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 17566

Dear Cathy,

You are wrong about *Fol Yasmeen dying of colic...he was in the hands of Peggy & Don White of Carrousel Arabians in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho when he died from a cancer that had effected a major blood vessel in his neck. Peggy loved that horse VERY much and she was alone at the time of his death. She was out in the garden when she heard something happening in the barn. She went to *Fol's stall and saw him cast and running with his legs moving on the side of the stall...he was already gone at that point and they had him buried up on their hillside. Peggy lost 30 pounds from losing him in that way. He had been fine and it came as quite a shock to them. We were good friends as they also stood the stallions, The Egyptian Prince and El Hadiyi. I knew *Fol very well and I never saw a more impressive stallion in my life to date...he really knew he was something special and never took a wrong step...I felt very fortunate to see *Fol Yasmeen and wanted to breed my mare to him. That never happened, but he had a good son who bred on well here in the northwest, Fol Legacy. I never understood why a perfect and regal stallion like *Fol Yasmeen and his legacy was not taken better advantage of just because Registran was in his bloodlines...you all missed out of a fantastic stallion and opportunity, but because of that we in the pacific northwest got the best of *Fol Yasmeen, a real KING!

Thanks for listening,
Jenny

+Quote Post
Nadj al Nur
post Jul 15 2008, 07:39 AM
Post #13

Gold Member
Group Icon

Sorry Jenny, you are right, it was Zahraht that died from the colic. Sorry for the confusion. I only saw Fol Yasmeen once, but he was unforgetable. Sheila had a painting done of him after his death, but in my opinion, it in no way did him justice.
Cathy

+Quote Post
galdar
post Jul 16 2008, 09:03 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 17566

That's okay Cathy...I wish I could see the painting. Probably nobody could really capture the tru essience of *Fol. Thanks for all the pictures and all the nice things everyone said about him, I am sure it would please Peggy and Don, bless their souls. I don't think the White's were given enough credit for all the beautiful animals they bred, and I am sure many people didn't know that they stood The Egyptian Prince and El Hadiyi for many, many years either. They had the most beautiful, but small place tucked away against a hillside along Coeur d'Alene Lake. Very nice and kind folks..I miss them!

Jenny

+Quote Post
Gari
post Jul 16 2008, 11:13 PM
Post #15

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 325

"Because of his Skowronek (Polish) bloodlines, Fol Yasmeen cannot be accepted into organizations like the Pyramid Society, etc. He is registered in the Egyptian stud book so technically can be called an Egyptian, but he is not considered straight Egyptian.

I think it was Mr. Trouncer, anyway the Scotsman who came to Crabbet looking to import Arabian horses for Egypt. Lady Wentworth disliked him right away. Hiding her best stallions, she brought out those whe wished to sell. After the deal was made, her ladyship triumphantly had Skowronek, Rasim, and the others brought out in front of Mr. Trouncer's disbelieving eyes. "Why didn't you show me these stallions? I would have bought them instead."

Can you imagine Skowronek going to Egypt? What would the Arabian horse of today be like if he had. (Skowronek was offered for sale to W.K. Kellogg, but he was advised against purchasing an old broken down horse) "

The 'Guest' who wrote this lied and changed facts.
It was not Trouncer who visited Crabbet and whom Lady W disliked but Dr. Branch and the incident described is verbatim from the CRABBET ARABIAN STUD by Archer, Covey and Pearson, pg 167.

Dr. Branch, had he shown Lady W more courtesy would have gotten Nasik and at least the promise of a Skowronek son, but he certainly couldn't have afforded to purchase either whatever the case.

Dr. Kellogg offered to purchase Skowronek but Lady W would not sell under any circumstances.

This kind of lying that eminates from some in the Egyptian community who gutlessly sign themselves as 'guest' is why so many will not buy sE's.

Many Egyptian breeders in Egypt call Fol Yasmeen pure or straight for a simple reason...His parents were bred there for 5 generations in Egypt with only one line an outcross introduced 5 generations back, e.g., Skowronek.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 03:27
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.