This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sirecho / Exochorda
Guest_anika_*
post Jan 13 2005, 09:15 AM
Post #1

Guests

gbfahne.gif Hello everybody!

I' ve got a question about SE Pedigrees, cause I'm still learning...
Is (was) "Sirecho" out of "Exochorda" SE or "only " asil? blink.gif
A friend of mine told me that the SE-Status isn' t really clear and often hardly discussed. Now I try to understand. It would be great if anybody could explain ..

And please, forgive me... my written english may be not the best. wink.gif
Thanks.

Anika

deutschfahne.gif Guten Morgen!

Ich habe eine Frage zu rein ägyptischen Abstammungen, da ich noch viel zu lernen habe...
Ist (war) "Sirecho" a.d. "Exorchorda" rein ägyptisch oder "nur" asil? blink.gif
Ein Bekannter erklärte mir, dass der SE-Status umstritten und nicht ganz eindeutig sei. Vielleicht kann mir jemand das genauer erklären, es gibt hier so viele nette Menschen, die sich mit Pedigrees wesentlich besser auskennen, als ich...

Vielen lieben Dank für eure Hilfe. rolleyes.gif

Anika
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_JuttaGuest_*
post Jan 13 2005, 09:26 AM
Post #2

Guests

Der Status ist nicht umstritten. Lesen Sie doch mal in Arabische Notizen nach (Ausgabe weiß ich nicht genau, war vor ca. 2 Jahren). Da hat Caryn Rogosky einen sehr ausführlichen Bericht geschrieben! Kontakt: arabischenotizen@web.de.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Jan 13 2005, 09:38 AM
Post #3

Gold Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2

Obwohl es immer wieder zu Diskussionen kommt, ist und war der Status
von Exochorda von Seiten der Pyramid Society immer klar: Sie gilt als
rein ägyptisch - ohne wenn und aber.

Eine dieser vielen Diskussionen mit den typischen "Für-und-Wider"-
Argumenten über sie finden Sie HIER!

+Quote Post
Guest_anika_*
post Jan 13 2005, 09:54 AM
Post #4

Guests

Uuuups!!!
Bin immer wieder von der Geschwindigkeit überrascht, in der ihr antwortet.... vielen, vielen Dank!!!! biggrin.gif

Ich habe nicht gewußt, dass das Thema hier schon so ausführlich diskutiert wurde...
Leider besitze ich die Ausgabe der Arabischen Notizen nicht, ich werde sie mir aber besorgen....

Oliver: Vielen lieben Dank für den Link. Ist sehr hilfreich. rolleyes.gif

Lieben Gruß

Anika

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Jan 13 2005, 10:19 AM
Post #5

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

+Quote Post
bintecho
post Jan 14 2005, 11:57 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1826

Anika,

I have a mare who is a decendant of Sirecho. While i was searching for information on her pedigree I came across this website and it has the story of Exochorda on it, you may want to take a look:

http://www.egyptian-arabian.com/papyrus/ex...exhchorda.shtml

She was born in Eqypt in 1924 and was originally named Leila. Her name was changed when she was exported to the US.

What is your interest? Do you own any of his desendants? I would like to see a picture if you do!!

Bintecho.

+Quote Post
Guest_Caryn RogoskyGuest_*
post Jan 15 2005, 04:59 AM
Post #7

Guests

Hi Bintecho,
Actually, Leila II (*Exochorda) was born in 1922 as the Jockey Club records have properly documented the date. My research found that the 1924 birthdate was a clerical error made by the AHA agent who transcribed it incorrectly upon receipt of her import papers when the mare arrived in America from Cairo. If you go to Part II of the article for which you provided a link, you will find this explained in detail. This sort of clerical error was not at all uncommon in cases of the earlier imports, as is evident when comparing early AHA records with the original Egyptian records. At the time, not only was all this record keeping done manually but language translations were not always the best. Errors in birthdates can even be found on some of the more recent imports from Egypt (circa 1950s forward, etc.). I personally love the Sirecho blood, have used it myself with great delight over the years and have had an opportunity to see it expressed in a number of outstanding breeding programs. For as rare a line as it is, this line has produced quite a high number of champions both in Halter and in various types of Performance in countries all around the world. Simeon Shai is one an example of a modern Sirecho descendant, and yes Anika...Sirecho is most definitely 100% Straight Egyptian -- always was. smile.gif Sirecho is also Al Khamsa, Blue List, Blue Star, Sheykh Obeyd and Asil Club qualified. If you would like more information, please don't hesitate to contact me at CRogosky@aol.com.
Best Regards,
Caryn Rogosky

+Quote Post
HLM
post Jan 15 2005, 01:33 PM
Post #8

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

Dear Anika

If you wish to know the real research datas, please contact me
under Khofo@worldnet.att.net

Hansi biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_EricGuest_*
post Jan 15 2005, 03:29 PM
Post #9

Guests

Sirecho is without any doubt Straight Egyptian. If you want to confirm this just email the Pyramid Society which is the only final word on Straight Egyptian:
info@pyramidsociety.org

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd September 2014 - 04:41
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.