This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best Crosses For Al Matrabbi Line?
Sharabia
post Feb 17 2005, 11:01 PM
Post #1

Gold Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2096

Hi All,

Each one of you, whether seasoned, in the middle, or young ones, are a great source of differing opinions that stimulate me into thought provoking analysis on my horses...

So, I would love to hear what your opinions on Al Matrabbi and his get/grand get are. I know some did well, and I want to hear opinions from everyone! biggrin.gif

What lines do you feel are a great match for this particular line and why?

What problems do you see come into play if it is too closely line bred? I have noticed that some offspring's hind quarters are not as powerful as I like, but some are, is this also your finding? Could you post a picture to illustrate this?

I do have a colt with this line, so thanks so much in advance for your valuable opinions! I will take them into consideration when determining his future...

Sincerely,
Sheila Bautz
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nancy Bourque/Ib...
post Feb 19 2005, 02:39 AM
Post #2

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 425

I believe that I posted this picture elsewhere on this site, but here is a picture of the Al Metrabbi grandaughter Mi Daani (Makour x Daaliverance). I think this picture shows why I like her so well. She moves like a dream and she is just beautiful. When I got this mare I was a little uncertain about how these lines would cross with my stallion but the foal just blew me away. We are expecting another one in June. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Nancy Bourque/Ib...
post Feb 19 2005, 02:40 AM
Post #3

Advanced Senior Member

Sorry, forgot to attach the picture!
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
ALF
post Feb 19 2005, 04:23 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 1457

I used to show a neat Rofann son out of a Al Metrabbi daughter who was really neat. I'd say that is a good cross.

+Quote Post
Sharabia
post Feb 19 2005, 05:18 AM
Post #5

Gold Member
Group Icon

Alf, I don't have access to a pedigree search yet. Would you be so kind as to expand on Rofann's lineage? Forgive my ignorance, please! Also, what did you like about the horse most? What would you consider where her/his strong points? Thanks in advance!

Nancy, who is your stud, his lines, that you bred to this mare? What do you like most about the resulting foal? Thanks so much!

A huge thanks also to Dale, who has given me much guidance and invaluable suggestions for me to consider in a non-invasive way regarding my breeding program! His humble knowledge is allowing me to re-evaluate and deeply think about this years breeding season...

I do know that an Al Matrabbi son out of Egyptian Belle received a legion of honor in performance at the 2002 EE. However, I can not recall the geldings name, nor the owner, off the top of my head. I thought this was a good cross, and I do have Egyptian Belle lines...

My colt, Al Matrabbi grandson, is out of my Ibn Safinaz daughter. I was hoping to get some height and more of an english look from his sire, and I am not disappointed so far, coupled with my mare's lovely head and hind quarters. His legs are very correct, and his dam's dishy head has come through! However, I am still waiting to see what his hind quarter will develop into, as he is currently going through his awkward, gankly stage.

I have been told that many of the Al Matrabbi lines have been exported overseas as well? And, they seem to do very well in english? Any further thoughts on this?

Thank you for taking the time to reply! I greatly appreciate it!
Sheila Bautz

+Quote Post
Sharabia
post Feb 19 2005, 05:22 AM
Post #6

Gold Member
Group Icon

By the way, Nancy, lovely!

Sincerely,
Sheila Bautz

+Quote Post
ALF
post Feb 19 2005, 05:40 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 1457

Sharabia, Rofann was by *Soufian (Alaa El Din x Moniet El Nefous) and out of Bint Romanaa (*Morafic x Romanna II by Sameh).

As for his strong points (not Rofann, but the son that I handled), he had an excellent topline and great hindlegs. He was a pleasant mover and had a wonderful disposition. I started him under saddle at over ten years of age and he was easy to start and loved it. He had country english type motion or could have been a nice hunter.

+Quote Post
Sharabia
post Feb 19 2005, 06:26 AM
Post #8

Gold Member
Group Icon

Ah yes! Soufian, Alaa El Din influence with Moniet El Nefous! Egyptian Belle is by Shamruk out of Moniet Il Mandil (by Soufian) also... Thanks for the reply, Alf! biggrin.gif

I too have noticed that the legs are very correct...

With Warm Regards,
Sheila

+Quote Post
Nancy Bourque/Ib...
post Feb 19 2005, 12:11 PM
Post #9

Advanced Senior Member

Hi Sheila:

I seem to remember that you are from western Canada. I wondered if your stallion is sired by Jeanette Jardine's El Matrabb? I have never seen him but Jeanette thought he was wonderful and his pictures were beautiful. I was also with her when she talked to Tom McNair about him and Tom had only wonderful comments on him and his ability as a sire. We bred Mi Daani to our own stallion who is by Ansata Halim Shah. The filly got a wonderful head and neck. That's what you notice first, but she also got a short strong top line and long correct legs. She has a very bold trot as well. I am very anxious to see if the next foal also has these qualities. You never know about these things!

+Quote Post
Sharabia
post Feb 19 2005, 03:42 PM
Post #10

Gold Member
Group Icon

Hi Nancy!

Yes, El Matrabb is the sire of my colt!

El Matrabb was very impressive in my eyes. He was quite tall to begin with, and his presence made him enormous! It was out of this world! I don't believe I ever seen him walk, until undersaddle, instead, he had a jig or prance to him that literally brought tears to my eyes. I also watched as Jeanette's daughter, a tiny 13 year old girl at the time, presented him to me! He was all horse, but very respectful of his young handler. She also rode him english, I believe, and Native Costume.

I loved El Matrabb! However, with no offense meant by my next statement, his head was a little plain but in no way unattractive, and his hind quarter wasn't as large as I like, though it was not terrible. This is not to take away from this stallion, as we all know that horses have what we personally consider their weak points, including in our own herds!!! I felt - and prayed - that he and my mare would contribute to the foal their strongest points.

Also, El Matrabb's legs were perfection in my eyes, and they had length to them which lacks in my mare I bred him to. That was one of the reasons for breeding to him, as I wanted him to influence the length of leg and imprint the correctness, as Ramza's legs are very correct as well. El Matrabb also truly looked like an Olympic athlete.

I haven't talked to Jeanette in quite a while, as we lost contact, perhaps partly due to our very busy schedules. However, I recently heard El Matrabb unfortunately passed away...

Sincerely,
Sheila Bautz

+Quote Post
Sharabia
post Feb 19 2005, 03:44 PM
Post #11

Gold Member
Group Icon

PS Nancy, could you send me some pictures of your filly's? What are your plans for them?

Sheila

+Quote Post
Nancy Bourque/Ib...
post Feb 19 2005, 05:12 PM
Post #12

Advanced Senior Member

Hi Sheila:

I also heard that El Matrabb passed away from colic. I have heard that Jeanette also has an El Hilal son. Have you by any chance seen him?

This evening I'll look through my photo box and see if I can find any pictures of the filly. Thanks for asking about her. Do you have pictures of your colt you can post? I'd love to see them.

+Quote Post
Sharabia
post Feb 19 2005, 05:39 PM
Post #13

Gold Member
Group Icon

Hi Nancy,

I too will dig up some pictures to post. My scanner is on the blink, so I do have photos I need to have scanned for various reasons. I will go to my sister's today to get them scanned!

I have not yet seen the stallion Jeanette has now, though I have been asked by a few people if I have... So, I can't place an opinion on him, as I have only seen photos.

Also Nancy, where exactly are you located?

Sincerely,
Sheila Bautz
sbautz@sasktel.net

+Quote Post
bettyk
post Feb 19 2005, 06:06 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 274

Sharabia,

The gelding you're thinking of is El Gohara, owned by Amy Vulmer-Vogel.

+Quote Post
michele013
post Feb 19 2005, 06:14 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1308

Hi,

I own an Al Matrabbi daughter in fact a full sister to El Matrabb. She had foals from different stallions and they were all quite nice, the one that I prefer are from my El Halimaar son Hal Amir MA. She just foaled a chestnut filly this week with a lot of white, so I think she carries a lot of white in her background as it is not the first time that her foal have white. She has been bred to an Ibn Safinaz son, a Serr Maariner son, an El Halimaar son and the last one from a AK Halif son.
She is a stong mare typical of her family not as refine as her brother. She is a good mother and very calm. She is my best broodmare.

Hope I've been of little help.
Michele
www.buveursdevent.com

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 21:04
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.