This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Please Let Us Hear Of Your Performance Ses
HLM
post Apr 15 2005, 06:22 PM
Post #31

Advanced Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 192

Dear Sheri

I was waiting and hoping that also you come forward and report the wonderful things your SE Arabians did and do under saddle.

If only I could get back in the saddle again, I be right in there with you and the others, using even our oldtimers.

Good luck with Hehtif and best wishes
Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Nancy Pierce_*
post Apr 15 2005, 08:34 PM
Post #32

Guests

Dear Hansi,

I just read the official posted results yesterday, and YES, Colleen did win a number of classes with her Serenity horse, and she, in fact, did have the highest scores of any of the sport horse classes - 4 points higher than any other horse - that deserves considerable congratulations! smile.gif

And you're right, the only class I saw Colleen compete in was the one in which she took the spill, and I didn't even realize that the horse she was riding there was Serenity Shahr. I sat with Colleen's mom and Nancy Gates for much of the performance classes - both very nice ladies. smile.gif

For anyone who is keeping records:

Serenity Shahr competed in
161 ARABIAN SPORT HORSE IN HAND GELDINGS 3 YEARS OLDS & OVER - 1st with the show high score of 75!! biggrin.gif
177 ARABIAN SPORT HORSE UNDERSADDLE OPEN - 3rd
049 ARABIAN HUNTER PLEASURE AATR SELECT RIDER - 1st
061 ARABIAN HUNTER PLEASURE ATR GELDINGS - 1st
075 ARABIAN HUNTER PLEASURE AATR 18-39 - 3rd
209 ARABIAN HUNTER PLEASURE AATR CHAMPIONSHIP - 4th (first place went to a multi-champion hunter horse bred by Sheila Varian)

Ansata Nile Comet competed in (and won the Show's High-Point Award) -
022 ARABIAN IN-HAND GELDINGS 5 & OVER - 2nd
047 ARABIAN COUNTRY ENGLISH PLEASURE JUNIOR HORSE - 2nd (1st was a mare by many times U.S. National Champion Park horse, Apollapalooza, and out of a Mi Tosk daughter)
077 ARABIAN SHOW HACK OPEN - 1st
137 ARABIAN HUNTER PLEASURE JUNIOR HORSE - 2nd (beaten by a multi-champion Varian-bred hunter horse)
143 ARABIAN COUNTRY ENGLISH PLEASURE NOVICE HORSE - 1st
082 ARABIAN HUNTER PLEASURE GENTLEMEN TO RIDE - 1st
176 ARABIAN NATIVE COSTUME OPEN - 1st
198 ARABIAN ENGLISH SHOW HACK OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP - 1st
205 ARABIAN HUNTER PLEASURE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP - 4th
207 ARABIAN HUNTER PLEASURE JUNIOR HORSE CHAMPIONSHIP - 2nd (again 2nd to the Varian bred hunter champion)
221 ARABIAN COUNTRY ENGLISH PLEASURE JUNIOR HORSE CHAMPIONSHIP - 2nd again to Mi Palooza by U.S. National Ch. Park horse, Apollapalooza
225 ARABIAN COUNTRY ENGLISH PLEASURE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP - 1st
243 ARABIAN NATIVE COSTUME OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP - 1st

Both very nice geldings!

Another nice SE gelding competed in what I believe was his first show as well (forgive me if I'm repeating myself - I know I posted this somewhere else!).

Bataal RMA, owned by Gene and Laura Graves, did as follows:

161 ARABIAN SPORT HORSE IN HAND GELDINGS 3 YEARS OLDS & OVER - 3rd
D01 USDF INTRODUCTORY TEST A -1st
D02 USDF INTRODUCTORY TEST B - 1st

We were proud of ALL of our straight Egyptians! smile.gif

Best regards,

Nancy Pierce

+Quote Post
HLM
post Apr 16 2005, 01:25 AM
Post #33

Advanced Senior Member

Dear Nancy

Please let us not go this road. All I said was, that it was nice that again a Serenity Horse competed in a show or class Ansata horses were entered in. If they competed in the same classes, I dont know. but it is so good to hear, that both did their best and well.
Thanks for the reports but you did not mention Colleens three wins in the dressage classes.

And that dear Nancy, is exactly what I am driving at, THE MAJOR BREEDERS having their breeding COMPETE, ANd possibly against the best in the world. IT IS SUCH BREEDING PROGRAMS, WHICH can be a guideline, give information and should be followed. These are NOT the only Serenity Horses, nor, I feel certain, the ONLY Ansata horses which have or are doing well. Just the same, when ever they show up in competition, they are FORMIDABLE ONES. and I like to think with regard to 'DOING HORSES", who can also hold their own in halter classes.

It is the "Straight Egyptian Arabian" regardlss who bred or owned them, which must be given credit, their accomplishment brought forward and those major breeders, who feel they live on another plant, not TO have to show their horses under saddle, PUT to
SHAME.!

Anyway, it's just my opinion

Take care
Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms

Important is, that anybody, any SE horse, bred or owned by whoever, should be given credit.

+Quote Post
Nancy P
post Apr 16 2005, 03:25 AM
Post #34

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 653

Hansi,

I assure you, you are looking for trouble where there is none. I was just elaborating on the point you made - I agree with you wholeheartedly that it is wonderful to see SEs competing in performance and doing so well. I have tried to speak up for and cheer on all the Egyptian horses that competed at that show - and I love it that our Egyptians successfully competed in all manner of performance classes, including sport horse, country English pleasure, show hack, native costume, dressage, hunter pleasure, and even working cow horse!

I didn't mention Colleen's 3 placements in dressage because, according to the show secretary's records, (and I have just looked through every single one of them again) Colleen and her horse didn't compete in any of the dressage classes.

Maybe you are thinking of another show?

Colleen and her gelding did compete in several sport horse classes, and they did very well - as I DID make sure to point out.

Oddly enough, though the Ansata horse and the Serenity horse competed in quite a few classes at this show, they never once competed against each other - and THAT I think is actually a beautiful thing. They competed TOGETHER to show everyone watching that Straight Egyptian horses are much more than just crazy lawn ornaments. Isn't that the better way to look at this picture?

Best regards,

Nancy Pierce

+Quote Post
HLM
post Apr 17 2005, 01:58 AM
Post #35

Advanced Senior Member

No, dear Nancy, I am never looking for trouble.

Colleen never did mention to me in which show she won 5 of the six classes she entered, out of six. In any case, it does not matter anymore. I am just so happy that the Straight Egyptians did so well, that is important.

Thanks again and have a nice evening
Hansi biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ALF
post Apr 17 2005, 05:09 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 1457

Bump for Craig and Sherry Nelson

+Quote Post
ShannonC
post Apr 18 2005, 07:34 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 1745

Just love seeing this thread. biggrin.gif Now the best Performance for us is our mare Persiaa. She is our first Arabian we bought (for my daugther). They have been together for 18 years now. Competing in the Special Olympics every year in Western, English, and Trail. They have won 20 Golds, 18 Slivers, and 3 Bronze. They are now training for Driving. Now that is PERFORMANCE and why we got into Arabians.
Then Persiaa comes homes.and the kids ride and learn.
Persiaa smile.gif
RAMSES PHAROAH X FINISHA
AHA# 0272628 1983 14.3
Egyptian Bred. American Foundation Bred at 25%.
Sire Line: Saklawi I (Egypt)
Tail Female: Rodania (England)
Family Strain: Kehilan Ajuz of Ibn Rodan
Her sire, Ramses Pharoah, was exported to Germany. He is a paternal brother to US National Champion Stallion Amurath Bandolero+, US National Champion Fillies Amurath Balz & Amurath Beguzie.
Also Persiaa is the only double *FOL YASMEEN mare today in the US and breeding.

+Quote Post
ShannonC
post Apr 18 2005, 07:44 AM
Post #38

Member No.: 1745

Can someone help me send a PIC of Persiaa. I tried but it keeps saying Can't load this type of file.
I have in jpg. at 72, What am I doing wrong??? blink.gif

+Quote Post
HLM
post Apr 18 2005, 12:18 PM
Post #39

Advanced Senior Member

Dear Shannon

this is remarkable and my congratulationss. No wonder, the mare has a super pedigree too.

Have a grand day
Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms

+Quote Post
nasheeta2
post Apr 18 2005, 12:47 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 2243

She does not have a real sport record (yet) but it's worth mentioning:

Manara Samira completed a 25kms tough course in the Ardennes (mountains, mountains, and lots of rocks) in 2003 with Yvonne van der Velde, an international top level competitor in endurance. Then Samira needed more time to mature. Now she is trained for a charity project: we're riding the horse trails here with children that live in children's shelters. Samira will be perfect for this since she has the famous Babson disposition.

Yvonne trains her again for conditiion and trail experience at 25kms routes near her stable Dutch Joy (Gouvy, Ardennes, Belgium) and she reports that Samira does it really well. Samira has solid black hooves which are of excellent horn quality, the rocks and many many stones over there do not cause her pain at all because of this solid quality.

Manara Samira was bred by Manara Classic Arabians, Ireland who have a herd of such pretty and sweet, reliable riding horses.

Manara Samira is sired by Masada Massoud (Fa Asar x Masada Adiva) and out of the late Matara Saafana (KH Seral Sireff x Masada Jasada) making her a Babson/Sirecho/Halima Sheykh Obeyd straight Egyptian.

She was born in 1998 and we sent her to Dutch Joy to get strong and pretty because the mare pasture is so large and has a big, steep hill in it (and a rocky soil of course).

We can't wait to bring her home and let the kids here ride on her. We also will continue to compete her limited distance. You can see her pictures here at the photo and pedigree section, at www.sheykhobeyd.org/ at www.wolffphotography.nl and in our book Impressions which will be released at April, 30th.

+Quote Post
susar
post Apr 18 2005, 01:29 PM
Post #41

Member No.: 2366

Our new SBE stallion Mah SAbbah Bedu (Ibn Sabbah Bedu x Bint Roulette) has just turned four. He has only been shown in four classes (in hand) and has won first in all four. At the recent Cowtown Classic show he won both Amature and Open Sporthorse stallions and was the high scoring purbred of the show.

J. Jodena shown by Elizabeth Powell won year end High Point Awards (Open Shows) in 2004 and won a yearly trophy for high scoring in trail classes. This is a perpetual trophy that has been given every year for twenty six years.

Susar Sareela was Reserve Sporthorse Mare Amature and Top five Sport Horse Mare Open at the Region 9 show with her amature owner Keith Kosel showing her. Corky (pet name) is getting ready to compete in Sporthorse under saddle and in dressage with Keith.

Susar El Khamore (Masada El Rabdan x Om Khamsa) won firsts and seconds at class A shows in Region 9 in Sporthorse in Hand and dressage (Training and First Level).

Susan Masladan (Masada El Rabdan x AL Maslaha) is winning class A blues in Sporthorse in hand (both amature and open) for his amature owner. He is going to be competing in his first endurance ride this summer. His owner Mary FIelds has another Susar bred gelding (Christiansen) Nite Haawk x Zadarra (98% Egyptian) who has been in the top ten nationally in endurance for the past several years. Pippy has successfully completed the Tevis and represented the US at the Pan AM games in Canada.

Keith Kosel has shown his gelding Susar J'El Rabdan successfully in Open shows winning year end high point awards that include performances in Western, English, Trail, Jumping and halter. Keith and Jedi also show in the A shows successfully.

Susan Mayo
Susar Farm

+Quote Post
HLM
post Apr 18 2005, 02:29 PM
Post #42

Advanced Senior Member

Dear Susanm

thank you for this incredible report. It is just super and so outstanding.
Most of all you must be saluted for enducing your clients to work with their horses and that you teach so well your students too.

If everybody would do this, heaven help other non-SEs.

I am so proud to know you Susan.

Have a grand day
Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms

+Quote Post
Guest_SaraGuest_*
post Apr 18 2005, 05:56 PM
Post #43

Guests

My 5 year old SE mare just completed her 4th organized pleasure ride yesterday! That was after we rode for over 2 and half hours marking trails the day before. She marked trails for the first time with plastic ribbons hitting her in the face and she didn't even flinch. She can go alone or in company on the trail and doesn't mind horses pulling away from her. She doesn't speed up coming home either. We crossed three bridges and numerous streams and she was so brave! Plus, it was "Earth Day Ride" so we had to pick up trash as we went along the trail. She had two big plastic bags tied to either side of the saddle filled with cans, bottles, etc and was so ho-hum about it! I plan on competing her in competitive trail and endurance.

In terms of showing, she is a Region Reserve Champion Sport Horse In-Hand Mare ATH, a class A Purebred Champion Sport Horse with a high score of 88% (competed against all ages and genders), and has won multiple class A sport Horse classes (no championships offered).

Lastly, last winter we achieved our Parelli Natural Horsemanship Level One certification and she had only been under saddle six months!

I would also like to mention she has never worn shoes or boots and does everything barefoot (including riding on our rocky/ledge/gravel trails here in New England! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
HLM
post Apr 18 2005, 07:14 PM
Post #44

Advanced Senior Member

Dear Sara

Congratuilatins this is outstanding.

But my dear young friend, what is this excellent mares's

NAME????? We all like to honor her.

Have a nice day
Hansi biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Nancy P
post Apr 18 2005, 09:08 PM
Post #45

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 653

ShannonC, I would be happy to post your photo for you. Just email it to me at info@piercegraphicdesign.com, and I'll get it right up. I would love to see Persiaa - she sounds like a wonderful mare. smile.gif

In the meantime, here are a couple more straight Egyptians with recent accomplishments we can all be proud of:

Double Deuce (Ansata Shah Zahir X AJ Raquimona by Raquin RA ) is a 1992 straight Egyptian gelding bred by Hope Farm and owned by the Chapmans in Kansas. Double Deuce received his 1000 mile certificate last fall and has a very long endurance record on the Arabdatasource. He has logged 1320 miles so far! His races are all on the datasource, so they are easy to look up.

Also, the straight Egyptian mare HF Aset (Ansata Shah Zahir x Bint Bint Pasha by Moniet El Sharaf), is the reigning Israili triple crown race champion (in addition to being a halter champion there as well).

Seems to me that there is PLENTY of evidence right here on this thread to show that SEs are extremely capable athletes - even today! biggrin.gif

Congratulations to all of you who are out there making us proud!

Best regards,

Nancy P.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 18:19
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.