This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Re Ba Pysche Bey
Guest_guestGuest_*
post Jun 10 2005, 07:20 PM
Post #1

Guests

I have just read BA PSYCHE BEY is sold to UNITED KINGDOM, does anyone know who has got him and if he will be standing at public stud.

regards
sharon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Psycho Bird_*
post Jun 10 2005, 09:20 PM
Post #2

Guests

Hi Sharon,

yes this is true. BA Psyche Bey (double Padron and Double Bey Shah) has been sold to the UK. He will be standing at public stud in 2006 to a few outside mares and will making his debut in the UK showring. biggrin.gif gbfahne.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Gudrun_*
post Jun 10 2005, 09:46 PM
Post #3

Guests

Is it you that has bought Psyche Bey, and are you going to let us know your true identity.
would be interested to know who has got him as he has got great bloodlines. I saw him at a show when he was younger and he was stunning.
I wish the new owners the best of luck.

Gudrun
deutschfahne.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Psycho Bird_*
post Jun 10 2005, 09:59 PM
Post #4

Guests

Hi Gudrun

No I am not the new owner sad.gif I wish I was !!

I have to respect the new owners privacy so unfortunately I cannot say any more or I will get my wrist slapped !

Fiona

+Quote Post
Guest_Gudrun_*
post Jun 11 2005, 08:55 AM
Post #5

Guests

Hello Fiona

well we will have to waite and then we see who has him. He has a very good bloodlines, i have looked on the website of the seller and he is well bred.
goodluck to his new owners in uk

Gudrun

+Quote Post
Japanadi
post Jun 11 2005, 12:41 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1529

They are very much peole was interesting in BA Psyche Bey.
But he has now a very nice home.

king regards
Jacqueline Krystynek

+Quote Post
bintecho
post Jun 11 2005, 12:45 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1826

I hope we will see him out and about the showring this year and all will become clear to us.....

It may become confusing with 2 Psyche Beys in the UK!!!

Cant wait to see him in the flesh, he looks stunning in the photos.

Please can you give us some clues???? (Or ask the new owner to make an announcement on here??)

Bintecho gbfahne.gif

+Quote Post
Japanadi
post Jun 11 2005, 02:11 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1529

I know about the 2. Psyche Bey.
But our is BA Psyche Bey.
The other (I think) is chestnut and one year older?
I see him last year in Wels.

regards
Jacqueline Krystynek

+Quote Post
Guest_sharonGuest_*
post Jun 11 2005, 02:36 PM
Post #9

Guests

It must be a big stud that has bought him perhaps. He is double padron and double bey shah. I hope the new owner puts something on here as would like to see him in the flesh and interested to see what his stud fee is. Japandi Arabians website says that he has been shown and he was champion.

Is he going out this year?

when does he arrive in UK? someone must be able to give us a clue?

Sharon

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Jun 13 2005, 01:20 PM
Post #10

Guests

I think he only was Champion at a little show in austria....and i think he was the only horse in his class... huh.gif

+Quote Post
bintecho
post Jun 13 2005, 07:22 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1826

Any clues, anyone???

Come on, we are all dying to know!

Bintecho gbfahne.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_V Meldrew_*
post Jun 14 2005, 12:13 AM
Post #12

Guests

Congratulations to the sellers and buyers of BA Psyche Bey, it's always exciting to buy a new horse and to sell a horse abroad!

However, may I be permitted to place a few words of caution:

Firstly, it does take more than pedigree for a stallion to be a successful. I, for one, am not a fan of Bey Shah bloodlines for many reasons and therefore being double Bey Shah does not necessarily indicate good things to me. There are so many colts in the US with these bloodlines, in fact people seem to have gone quite barmy over this cross! Secondly, the individual must be of exceptional quality and, lastly but certainly not least, must have the prepotency to pass his best qualities on.

Let's have an end to hype over young colts/foals being promoted as stallions, and worse still (whilst not necessarily so applicable here), stallions advertised with only pictures taken of them as a foal. Youngsters change hugely for better or for worse. Let's look forward to them proving their stuff in the showring and/or, most importantly of course, in the breeding barn!

I wish everyone involved all the best in this endeavour.

+Quote Post
cate
post Jun 14 2005, 02:49 PM
Post #13

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 1271

Hi V Meldrew

I find your comments on Bey Shah interesting. As I am a complete novice on bloodlines, and what different horses are noted for producing I would be greatful if you could please enlighten me regarding these bloodlines. I happen to have a 3 year old with Bey Shah lines through his sire R Ali Bey.

I have been told that regarding El Shaklan to watch out for necks and legs! I just wondered what it is with Bey Shah.

Regarding El Shaklan, I was told he could throw short thick necks, but never sure what he throws regarding legs unsure.gif as the person did not elaborate. What are bad legs apart from the obvious faults like back at the knee, weak cannons etc., which presumably means long cannons.

Personally, as this is such a good forum, wink.gif and I feel about the best there is with so many knowledgeable people contributing biggrin.gif , I feel a list of what different bloodlines are known to throw would be so informative and enable little nobodys like me to learn about the different breeding lines.

I have both the above bloodlines in my stock.

If you feel unable to answer on here then please feel free to email me on
champ@buchanan26.freeserve.co.uk

Many thanks smile.gif gbfahne.gif
Cate

+Quote Post
Guest_V Meldrew_*
post Jun 14 2005, 11:51 PM
Post #14

Guests

Dear Cate

Whilst perhaps this thread is not necessarily the most appropriate time and place to discuss these issues, I thank you for your intelligent response. Certainly all horses and thus bloodlines have their good points and bad points, and as a breeder it is your choice about your priorities and your compromises. You are quite right in saying that with El Shaklan there are some issues with short necks and dodgy front legs. However, this stallion certainly has something to offer, has been highly influential and it is any good breeder's responsibility to ensure that when including these bloodlines they pick those with the least of these faults. Specifically with Bey Shah, my problems are legs (to expand a little, upright hoof/pastern conformation, long cannons and it goes on...) and some general conformational issues. IMO, in the US we have seen his bloodlines highly overused (as is the trend with all fashionable stallions in the US) and with many of these Bey Shah crosses, at best they are flashy with somewhat suspect conformation, and at worst they can be just plain horsey. I don't want to denigrate Bey Shah as an individual, he had some lovely things to offer but I merely think he was overused and perhaps on the wrong horses.

As a breeder you have to evaluate all horses for their attributes and faults, of which all have both. It is just my opinion that this cross (Padron/Bey Shah) is not optimal. Bey Shah had many nice qualities: charisma, the look and neck sets being just a few. My preferred crosses with him are with Gainey/Old English/Egyptian lines where I feel a different genome was created through a couple of his sons.

On the whole the American look is off type and not in line with the rest of the world, however, crossed with the right bloodlines, Bey Shah has had a superb effect.

This just expands some of my thoughts: I hope it is of some interest.

Kind Regards

Victor

+Quote Post
cate
post Jun 15 2005, 07:40 AM
Post #15

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 1271

Dear Victor,

Many thanks for your indepth reply. It is very helpful to have these points regarding different horses, and as you say all horses have good and bad points. Each individual needs to be assessed separately, but it does help greatly to be aware.

I do feel very strongly that a chart regarding different bloodlines with their good points and their bad points should be available to new breeders. Although, some people do seem to like certain traits swept under the carpet and hidden! It would make life so much easier if experienced breeders shared their knowledge and put it down on paper. At least with this sort of information people could make their own decisions regarding certain bloodlines, and try to counteract certain traits by making sure the breeding partner was free from them. Anyhow, this is not likely to happen. I would say it is certainly something breeders should think about, after all, what's the use of all the big breeders knowing these things and 'little people' sad.gif like me 'in the dark.'

Many thanks for your help.

Cate

I

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 10:10
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.