This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.
straightegyptians

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Keep Us In The South Us In Your Thoughts /prayers!
Guest_ArabianFancy(GinaD)_*
post Aug 28 2005, 01:31 AM
Post #1

Guests

There are a few of us that visit this board who are in the path of a major hurricane right now. Depending on how it turns it could affect those of us in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi( me ) , Louisiana, or Texas very strongly as well as those in the rest of the South East as well!
Keep us in your thoughts and prayers as the winds and rain come. We are personally 2 hours from the coast but will get some very serious rain and wind. We have 100+ cattle and 133,000 chickens as well as the horses and our families . We are not in a position to leave the area.
unsure.gif
Thank you,
Gina
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Regality
post Aug 28 2005, 01:34 AM
Post #2

Advanced Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2424

Mercury and I wish you all the best!

+Quote Post
usamah ezzain
post Aug 28 2005, 03:05 AM
Post #3

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 748

DEAR GINA D,
WE ALWAYS PRAY TO THE ALMIGHTY THE MOST GRACIOUS TO HELP ALL HIS PEOPLE IN DISTRESS AND RELIEVE THEM OF HARM AND DISTRESS,AMEEN RABB3ALAMEEN rolleyes.gif MAY GOD AS WELL TAKES SPECIAL CARE OF YOU,YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR LOVED ONES wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_ArabianFancy(GinaD)_*
post Aug 28 2005, 11:44 AM
Post #4

Guests

Thanks to you all. At this point it is looking VERY bad for all in the affected area. The winds are over 160 miles and hour and should increase more before landfall . Please pray for all in the way of this storm. This is the one we have been dreading for years.
Gina

+Quote Post
Liz Salmon
post Aug 28 2005, 12:26 PM
Post #5

Gold Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 94

I've several friends that have already evacuated the area. I do hope everyone keeps safe. We probably won't feel anything in the Dallas area, although we do need rain.

+Quote Post
CarolCH
post Aug 28 2005, 01:00 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2368

Dear Gina,

You are in my thoughts and prayers during this time! I know how scary it is for you (and the worry you have for your animals) and will pray for the best.

Even though I'm still here in Virginia, my husband is living in New Orleans (he's on the faculty at the University of New Orleans). He decided to evacuate yesterday morning to Tyler, Texas and because he left early, he had no traffic to deal with, thank goodness.

We were in New Orleans during a Category 2 hurricane and it was awful. The winds were so strong, our apartment building shook. Although the pumps in the New Orleans area handle the flow of storm water well, I just don't know what will happen during a Category 5.

I will be keeping you, and everyone, in the path of Hurricane Katrina, that are not able to leave their homes, in my thoughts and prayers.

Carol

+Quote Post
windamere
post Aug 28 2005, 01:19 PM
Post #7

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 1464

May the Good Lord hold you in the palm of His hand and see you, your family and animals all safely through the tempest.
With concern,
Sharon

+Quote Post
Suellen Taylor
post Aug 28 2005, 01:21 PM
Post #8

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 902

Gina and all...I just heard the report on this hurricane and it sounds fearful. sad.gif

We are in Northern Georgia, but our daughter is in Panama City Beach and we have close friends in New Orleans.

Everyone is being thought of and prayed for..be safe!

TOP Of the Hill Arabians
Chatsworth, Georgia USA

+Quote Post
HLM
post Aug 28 2005, 02:18 PM
Post #9

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 192

Dear Friends

this time we are Not in a hurican problem area.

If you or anyone you know needs shelter for their horses,dogs ,please call us under 352-481-4254- e-mail Khofo@worldnet.att.net

and advise your arrival. THERE IS NO stall/kennel charge.

yOU NEED A COGGINS TEST and if you dont have one, we are able to quarantine such horses until it is taken here.

Bill and Hansi
Serenity Arabaian Farms
Hawthorne, Fl,

PS we are about 500-700 miles from the area
20 miles east of Gainesville, Florida.

Go straight east on I-10- to US I 75. turn south on I-75 and call us for directions.

+Quote Post
Bakr
post Aug 28 2005, 02:29 PM
Post #10

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 1818

Dear Gina
All my best wishes and prayers that you and all other people in the hurican area will be safe and it will pass with no harm or damage.

Bakr

+Quote Post
Guest_OxaraGuest_*
post Aug 28 2005, 02:36 PM
Post #11

Guests

Yes its really terrible.... its actually also on the news here in Denmark, so a lot og people all over the world is thinking about all of you over there.

I hope everyone will come safely through the storm.

You are all in our thoughts. unsure.gif

To: HLM - what you are here offering is really a very nice and warm thing to do, its so nice to hear that people can care for each other and work together when its really needed.
Well done wink.gif

+Quote Post
Majid
post Aug 28 2005, 02:37 PM
Post #12

Advanced Senior Member

Member No.: 234

Dear Gina,

May you all be kept safe from the storm. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Majid

+Quote Post
CarolCH
post Aug 28 2005, 02:53 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2368

I hope Oliver and Aleksi won't mind, but I thought I'd post a link to one of our local TV news stations in New Orleans. This way those people that are not familiar with New Orleans (and the surrounding areas) can keep track of what's going on "in" the city of New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina.

Channel 4 News in New Orleans

+Quote Post
hawksflight
post Aug 28 2005, 03:08 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2692

Gina, you are definitely in our prayers here. We live on the Gulf coast in Florida and the back-toback hurricanes here still affect us. What are you going to do with your horses? From all of the disaster animal response meetings I have been to here, the advice is to put the horses out of the barn where they are not in danger of collapsing structure. We put waterproof ID tags with our contact/address on the halters and put duct tape around the tag and they were out for all four storms. Thanks be to God, we had no injuries and they seemed to know where and how to stand in the storms. Instinct was very noticeable as we had several tornadoes and they woudl shift to another area just before the dervish came through. When Hurricane Andrew devastated the Miami area. pregnant horses actually broke through pool cages to jump into the water and normalize their internal pressure - pretty amazing how they are equipped. God be with you and you are in our prayers and thoughts.

Karin
Sarasota, Florida

+Quote Post
Becca
post Aug 28 2005, 05:32 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 47

Hang in there, Gina. We'll make it. The waiting and worrying is getting to me too.

Keep safe, and I'll pm you my phone numbers (hopefully the towers will hold)

Becca

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 04:51
This site requires the Adobe Flash Player.