Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Most Classic Straight Egyptian?
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Pages: 1, 2
carolmaginn
Just for fun I thought it might be fun to pose the question - "What is your idea of the Most Classic Straight Egyptian Horse Now living and why? " Post photos!

Carol
carolmaginn
Here is my ideal Simeon Sharav
Eternalstrangers
Carol

He is lovely - but you didn't say why. Could it be Asfour? He is very classic because he came from one of the most classic breeding programmes and his foals are always correct and he is one of those rare creatures full of charisma, grace and joie de vivre.

Another classic horse, in our part of the world (Oz) would have to be MB Mayal. Also I like Simeon Safsal, although he is apparently not "pure" (yeah right) wink.gif

cheers

Eternal Strangers Mum biggrin.gif

Kaz gbfahne.gif
carolmaginn
Kaz!!!

You are right!!! I didn't abide by my own rules!!! Well - I believe that Simeon Sharav is an Asfour son? I think he is just incredible and so classic... What I love about him is that he has these huge big black eyes, and little curvy ears. He has nice substance - and just looks very well built to me - and masculine - he looks like a stallion should look to me - powerful and yet still agile and graceful. I also love his neck... they way it sits on his body and the shape of it. And most of all - I love his spirit and charisma which you can see even in just a photo... To me he is truly a "classic"... Here's another photo...

Eternalstrangers
Wish he was my baby. <_<

He is one like Simeon Sadik who is making a life for himself far from the shores of home (but like all of us he would still call Australia Home) (Sorry Aussie joke) and carrying the joy of us all on his withers as he makes a name for himself in pedigrees. biggrin.gif

Eternal Strangers Mum blink.gif

Kaz smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
No one said Safsal wasn't pure Kaz......

I make no secret I adore Asfour wub.gif i will also say that every time I visit Simeon my admiration of Imperial Madaar grows too, both of them are truly clasic in my eyes.
HartzArabians
Sorry the above was from me...
carolmaginn
Well heck - what is there NOT to love about Asfour??!?!? smile.gif
Dave
I like Simeon Sadik and Laheeb for most classic SE's.

I think that one of the most classic Arabians I ever saw was the *Bask daughter Fame. She was totally awesome and a great mover. Does anyone remember her, she was the first US national champion mare for *Bask.

Dave
Nancy PGuest
I remember Fame, Dave. She was a really lovely bay mare and one of the best of the *Bask/Raffles cross. I was never lucky enough to see her in person, but I've seen several photos and read about her. smile.gif Out of 7 foals, she only had one filly, a bay by *El Paso. She had a couple of nice colts by *El Paso too. One of them, True Fame, went out of the country somewhere and it seems like he didn't live long after that. Her other *El Paso son, Fames Fortune, was a pretty good sire if I remember right - may have even sired a national winner or two. Fame's last foal, a colt by *Aladdinn, went on to become a fairly successful race horse!

Yes, I agree that Fame was a classic mare. smile.gif

Nancy P.
Dave
Nancy,

I'm glad to know that on a SE website that someone remembers a very classic Polish cross mare. I saw her at Del Mar first in halter and later in English and western pleasure. Fame and Kathy La Croix were quite a picture in western pleasure - a beautiful mare ridden by a beautiful woman. Those were the days when versitility was a big deal. I'd like to see us get back to that.

Dave
Dave
Another real classic I just remembered was Ansata Ibn Sudan. I saw him when he was leased by Kathy Downing. I think that was back in the 1970's. As I remember, he wasn't a young horse then but he was a real classic.

Dave
TomGuest
One of the most classic Egyptian Arabian I ever saw was CLASSIC SHADWAN - photo can be seen on the website of his owners.

He is all you need - classic from head to tail. Everybody who saw him will understand me!
JMO
Ansata Ibn Sudan is a good choice Dave & I would like to add Ansata Hejazi for his smoothness & proud "war" horse look & R Ali for the same reason as well as breeding this on still seen 3-4 generations along the line. With Ail that classic look has not changed in his g-get or great g-get. Ansata Halim Shah comes to mind for his distinct look he passes on .He sure redefined " type " in his day. On all these stallions I have to rely on photo's & videos etc. for I am sorry to say I have not seen one of them in the flesh.
Carol.. Simeon Sharav is a great choice for not only is he by a most beautiful stallion by out of an even just as lovely mare. They say behind every good man stands a good woman & in thes case it is S Sharav's dam & it is no wonder he is breeding on so well . At least I have been able to see Asfour & he is as every bit as beautiful as his photos.I hope this is as true for the other stallions I had mentioned.
Eternalstrangers
Yes, the old horses were good, and have passed on their genes well. But the stallions still living now and what they appear to be contributing.

I know Saf is pure, just not straight. Talk about splitting hairs, semantics and bs. He takes my breath away. Well ES takes my breath away, but he isn't classified Arabian. He has tippy tippy ears, large eyes, tiny muzzle, talk about a short back, etc., sorry raving on on the "dark side". wink.gif

cheers

Kaz rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
Partean
Hi Carol,

I think once or twice on this forum we have shared similar taste in horese. I also love Sharav. For me he strikes the balance between the athlete that a stallion should be without compromising true arabian type. Definately a "CLASSIC" arabian.

To give you an idea of the prepotency of these lines attached is a photo of Simeon Shimah (rising 3yr odl colt) who's dam Simeon Shiraz is a full sister to S.Sharav. The photo was take 2 weeks ago.

Regards,

Tim
Tim
He is looking very lovely.
I can also see alot of his sire in him shareing the same beautiful colour right down to the same four white socks .
How cute.He must make you real proud. Tnks for letting us see him again

regards
Chris
usamah ezzain
MY ALMURTAJIZ wub.gif FOR ME IS THE BEST cool.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
JMO
Usamah your stallion is very beautiful... wub.gif Can you tell me what his name means biggrin.gif
@ Tim , again a wonderful horse from a wonderful family. smile.gif Have you used him on any mares yet? . I know he is young but it must be hard to wait & see his babies. I would be chewing my nails down to the bone looking at 11 months on the calendar tongue.gif
Partean
Usamah...I always love your contributions to this forum. You seem to have an enless source of beautifull photo's. ALMURTAJIZ is a picture of type. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

JMO....Shimah has several mares booked to him and you are right I am very interest to see what he produces.

Back on topic the most CLASSIC SE stallions I have seen in Australia are Asfour & Thaqib Al Nasser. Mares are S.Sehavi and S.Shiraz. The common feature in all of these horses is not just their dry pretty heads but amazing fronts. Shoulder and neck set to me are so important.

Warm Regards,

Tim
Yes, Yes, Yes & Yes to all four Tim....gee you have a good eye wink.gif
tiawarra
Hello Tim,

Shimah is maturing out well, you must be so very happy with him. Would like you to see the pics I took of him back in December. Hope all is well with you both.

All the best.....Debbie Comini.
paola marinangeli
A very classic beauty, Usamah!!!! A wonderful stallion who proved to be also, an
excellent sire.

Carol,
I take the opportunity to attach to this comment for Usamah, my comment to your
choice about Simeon Sharaf, I agree with your choice......and not only because
Dr Marei is Sharaf ''proud'' owner (the whole world know that I am Albadeia's fan
nr. one biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif )
Sharaf is a beautiful stallion, with a lot of type and elegance,
to my (artist and modhest) opinion, he embodies very well the ideal of Straight Egyptian Arabian horse beauty. One adding to this list of Classic SE.....the one at the very top of my preferences, and.....absolutely my first source of inspiration and dream..... is FARID AL BADEIA and...if we want to include in this ''classic'' list ''our beloved mares'' I have no other name at the top of my list than.....GELGELAH ALBADEIA.

Paola
(Albadeia's fan nr. 1......for ever!!!!!)
carolmaginn
QUOTE (TomGuest @ Sep 9 2005, 06:07 AM)
One of the most classic Egyptian Arabian I ever saw was CLASSIC SHADWAN - photo can be seen on the website of his owners.

He is all you need - classic from head to tail. Everybody who saw him will understand me!

Oh my Gosh - yes he is a classic and just gorgeous!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Suellen Taylor
To Tom Guest...thank you for including Classic Shadwan in this post....I adore him also, but now, I ask you what you think of GR Shadow and his get?

I am currently raising a Classic Shadwan grandson..by Shadow..out of a very nice SE mare..Bint Deena lines...and am hoping for the best!

Thanks for your imput!

TOP Of The Hill Arabians
Chatsworth, Georgia USA
sidjesidi
Some of my favorites are - and were - Al Adeed, Laheeb, Crusader and *Sakr......

There are some beauties out there!

Terry Polk
Los Acres
Stockton, California
sidjesidi
I forgot one! Thee Desperado

Terry Polk
Los Acres
Stockton, California
windamere
We mustn't overlook the extremely exotic El Hadiyyah and what he did as a breeding stallion for the Egyptian Arabian around the world. We at Windamere have a son of his out of an AK Elzahra Moniet daughter who has done more for our breeding program than all the big name stallions we have ever used. He gave us the first filly of our breeding that made top ten at the Egyptian Event and also did well at class A halter. His foals are amazing, born broke! From the first days of their lives they are people loving and one can do anything with then, no struggles. He is not tall and stretchy as is currently admired in the showring but is very correct, beautifully balanced and has excellent substance. He has the fabulous, exotic El Hadiyyah head and, unfortunately, the AK Elzahra Moniet ears! Well, no one's perfect!

Another stallion that I admire hugely is Imperial Saturn. The above mentioned filly will be bred to him next spring. (an EBC breeding) Saturn has proven himself in the showring at the highest levels. His get are very beautiful, have his size, athletic ability and lovely disposition. It's hard for me to understand why he is not much more heavily used. To me, he is everything that an Egyptian breeding stallion should be.

I know there are dozens more stallions that could be listed here. I look forward to reading about them and hope to see the small breeder well represented in their ranks.

All the best to each of you,
Sharon
Sharabia
Imperial Saturn for me too! wub.gif Along with Imperial Baarez! wub.gif

For non-famous stallions, my very own V Rashah, pictured here, amature photo by me!
Sharabia
Here is my Imperial Saturn grand daughter, sired by my V Rashah... Great athletic ability, movement and beauty...

I just love this line! And have to contact Jane about buying some breedings to attain more out crosses for my herd!

Small breeder,
Sheila Bautz
Sharabia
Okay, one more of Rashah!

Sheila
Hoogie
Great subject. My idea of "classic" is a horse who resembles the old paintings of yesteryear. A "classic" is a horse that is not only beautiful today, but would have been admired decades or even centuries ago.
Thaqib Al Nasser - his overall refinement and quality reminds me of the paintings of the legendary desertbred Bairactar.
Simeon Shemini (interestingly a full brother to Sharav and Shiraz mentioned above - there's something about this family!) with his dark coat, balance of substance and refinement plus his peacock attitude reminds me of the paintings and photos of Ibn Rabdan.
Asfour with his dancing and prancing and flashing eyes resembles some of the De Dreux lithographs.

If I start on mares I will never stop so will leave it there for now. wink.gif biggrin.gif
usamah ezzain
WITH THE CONCENTRATION OF BREEDINGS THAT IS DONE SINCE THE LAST CENTURY,WE ARE BOUND TO HAVE MUCH MORE EXAMPLES OF SUPER HORSES,IF ONLY FOR THE SAKE OF NUMBER ALONE wink.gif .PAINTINGS COULD BE THE RESULT OF ARTIST EXAGERATIONS <_< BUT MOST OF IT WAS THERE biggrin.gif
THE BREED STANDARD,ASIDE FROM PREJUDICES,IS WELL OUTLINED BY MANY EQUINE EXPERTS AND EASILY CAN BE UNDERSTOOD.NOW ohmy.gif TO BE ABLE TO GET AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE TO THEM,IS EVERYBODIES DREAMS laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
OUR PROBLEM IS WHEN SOME CLEVER SALESMEN OR WOMAN TRIES TO CONVINCE US THAT WHATEVER THEY ARE OFFERING US IS THE BEST AND MOST CLASSICAL laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Nancy P
Yes, Dave! I still have an old triple *Bask mare in foal to a double *Bask stallion. wink.gif

And I totally agree with you about Ibn Sudan. I saw him at Ansata a year or two before he passed on, and he was just amazing! Even at his advanced age, he came out dancing and prancing and just gorgeous - talk about charisma! Yep, Ansata Ibn Sudan was definitely a classic.

Nancy P.
carolmaginn
Hey - I have FOUND the property we need to all buy together to house all our "classic" horses!!!! What do you think? Its only about 45 minutes from my house!!! http://www.texas-landman.com/rm/listings/l0024.html
Mohammed
What you think about this Champion?
AL RAYYAN

Suellen Taylor
Hey Carol...you, me Nancy, Lisa, and well..let's see who else!!!!

Nice Place!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

TOP Of The Hill Arabians
Chatsworth, Georgia, USA
carolmaginn
Suellen,

Would that not be "The Bomb" having a place like that!!! Gosh... Well I'm sure they have lots of stalls we could bring in some additional horses for training and that would pay for part of the mortgage - it sure is beautiful. I love the covered arena!!! I wish it were a little closer to Austin though!!!

Carol
sidjesidi
Mohammed - AL RAYYAN in the photo is a true Classic! Are there other photos of him?

Another two favorites are RUMINAJA BAHJAT and RUMINAJA ALI

Terry Polk
Los Acres
Stockton, California
Frank
So many "classics" here. I'm in ave!
Mohammed
Hi Terry,

yes you can see many photos for him on this link:
http://www.straightegyptians.com/forum2/in...t=ST&f=2&t=1379
Partean
Hi Debbie,

Sorry I missed you post earlier...

I would be very interested to see the photo's you took of Shimah earlier this year. Are you coming to the Diamond Showcase next Sat? If you can make it I would love to catch up. Just look for the very proud owner of a beautiful SE colt and you will find me laugh.gif

Regards,

Tim
sidjesidi
Hello Mohammed,

Your Al Rayyan is BEAUTIFUL! I love his short back and his true classic look. What a beauty. Thank you for sending me to the photos. He is so wonderful.

Terry Polk
Los Acres
www.losacres.com
chaswyckcaliph
I have a yearling by Simeon Sochain (Simeon Sadik x Simeon Simona) and from Simeon Shakhaf (Asfour x Simeon Safanad). I am also a big fan of Simeon Sharav.
chaswyckcaliph
Thaqib Al Nasser is a beauty as well. I have a DVD of him. I look forward to seeing how his babies turn out.
segol
HI ALL
IM GOING TO BE VERY SELFISH AND PUT TWO IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER AS I LOVE BOTH.ALMURTAJIZ AND MAYMOON.
I HAVE THE MOST CLASSIC STRAIGHT EGYPTIAN WIFE FOR EITHER OF THEM SIMEON SEGOL wub.gif

REGARDS
ANN
Mohammed
do you mean this Maymoon?

Mohammed
What about his famous mother?
Here she is:

sidjesidi
Segol - I don't blame you for "being selfish"! Your idea of Maymoon is correct! He is so classic. Do you or Mohammed have a photo that shows more of him? He is BEAUTIFUL! And his dam is such a beauty too. I love her eyes. I have always been attracted to the black greys - since growing up with the wonderful Ibn Fadjur. He died when he was 7, and I always could not wait for him to turn white.

Terry Polk
Los Acres
Stockton, California
SEGOLGuest
HI MOHAMMED
THATS THE ONE AND ONLY MAYMOON I HAVE A PICTURE OF HIM GIVEN TO ME BY A FRIEND THAT WAS OVER IN YOUR NECK OF
THE WOODS NOT THAT LONG AGO. IF YOU SEE MAYMOON GIVE HIM A BIG BIG HUG FOR ME wub.gif

REGARDS
ANN
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.