Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adobe Photoshop & The Arabian...
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
tracey_c
Hi! I was just having a play about with the images I got from the Centerfold section on here from the past couple of months and Photoshop - which I didn't even know exsisted til a few weeks ago I love it now!!! (Hope nobody minds). Just thought I'd see if anyone else uses it? Heres one I made earlier...... wink.gif

Will get better with practice - I hope.... tee hee biggrin.gif
Nancy Pierce
Tracey,

It's fun all right. smile.gif Almost all my work is done in Photoshop, and I started out just like you - just practice, practice, practice. biggrin.gif

Best regards,

Nancy P.
tkr9
I can't work out whether the beauty of arabian horses was made for photoshop, or photoshop for arabian horses! biggrin.gif

My edit of Michael Byatt's Parys El Jamaal...

here's a picture of Al Lahab.. I like it =)

hope it's ok to post it..
bterlaan
I love Photoshopand use it all the time, but I do not come near what you guys did with those beautiful pictures. WOW!
TheJenners
I've used to to make things, but for practical uses it is a godsend. For my stallion's pictures, I used photoshop to remove my mare's nose in several takes. Works wonders!!
Riverside Arabians
Wow all!
Gorgeous pics and editing! That's fantastic!
I love what photo programs can do for us, I love it when you can enhance the natural beauty of your horse by simply editing the "mare's nose", those unwanted red-eyes in the flash, etc.
The only problem is when people start abusing the programs to change the physical nature of their horses- enhance colors, create a dishier head or larger eye, etc.
Let's keep the alterations out of the picture- no pun intended! laugh.gif
Using the programs to create beautiful, representative collages and promotional materials is what it's all about!
Well done!
Kristen Holmgren
Riverside Arabians
Riverside Arabians
Wow all!
Gorgeous pics and editing! That's fantastic!
I love what photo programs can do for us, I love it when you can enhance the natural beauty of your horse by simply editing the "mare's nose", those unwanted red-eyes in the flash, etc.
The only problem is when people start abusing the programs to change the physical nature of their horses- enhance colors, create a dishier head or larger eye, etc.
Let's keep the alterations out of the picture- no pun intended! laugh.gif
Using the programs to create beautiful, representative collages and promotional materials is what it's all about!
Well done!
Kristen Holmgren
Riverside Arabians
hlsmaripa
I loved Corel Photo Paint, is very easy! Here one of my works wub.gif " beauty imperial"

Best Regards,

Marianella wink.gif
Bakr
Wonderful works, i do love them all rolleyes.gif here is mine "Gelgelah Albadeia" smile.gif

Photo credit: Dr.Nasr Marie

bakr
Michelle Salmon
where can you get photo shop?
bterlaan
Everywhere. I ordered mine from my local online shop through the internet. Go to www.adobe.com and indicate your country. But it is veeeery expensive! There are much cheaper programsn, but I just love Photoshop. I am sure I do not use half of all the possibilities it has, but I can work so easily with it and it does all the tricks I need (like removal of an unwanted hand on a horse's nose ;-))

It is possible to download a trial, which will work for about 30 days. Try it. And try demos of other programs as well (Ulead Impact or Corel or so) and see if you want to spend the money. You may start by checking google on reviews of photoprograms.

Be aware that having a very good photo editor does not guarantee you make beautiful work with it. It is like having a good camera, it is no guarantee for good photos. That depends on your personal talents.

I LOVE the picture of Gelgelah. So beautifully done wub.gif
Dunja
what a beautifull pictures!!
post some more please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
suhalaarabians
Here are some interesting ones off a website that i designed.

The actual horses are photographed by myself with the backgrounds added.
suhalaarabians
another
suhalaarabians
and another
Emmely
QUOTE (suhalaarabians @ Oct 6 2005, 11:49 AM)
Here are some interesting ones off a website that i designed.

The actual horses are photographed by myself with the backgrounds added.

That's just what I wanted to do this morning!
I have some nice pictures, but the background... sad.gif

I've been trying to work with paint shop pro... but looks like I'm not that good!
Maybe somebody can give me some advice on how to cut a horse, and paste it to another background?!

To all posters here... wished I could do what you did with these photographs! Very beautiful!!!
Agersten
I'm a huuuge fan of PS as well, I have the newestversion CS2, It has som very nice features! Teh pictures are my own and then I added a background picture or colour.

Al Aliha at All Nations Cup:

My frontpage image for my website:

suhalaarabians
Here is another page of a different website that i have done all on Photoshop.

I might add, if anyone is wanting a website designed let me know, my rates are very reasonable.

Regards Lachlan
Emancy
These are great! I find Photoshop so frustrating though - maybe I'm not using it correctly. How long did you guys have to 'practise' to get this good? sad.gif
Which photoshop? these are beautiful
bterlaan
Emancy, I can recommend that you buy the Classroom book. It has chapters dedicated to specific actions. It is a very useful addition to the normal handbook which is not bad either. Just start with Chapter one and follow the chapters as they go along. There may be some features that you'll perhaps not use (vector design) but it is good to know it is there, so you can look up how it works when yo need it. ADOBE also has a great forum full of helpful people who also criticize the ADOBE products if need be. And... Adobe listens to their customers and try to repair bugs or improve their programs along to the crtitcism. No, I do not work fror Adobe biggrin.gif
Bakr
Dear Emancy
There is no reason for your frustration , it just need you to spend more time using the diffrent tools and try many things and i'm quite sure you will come up with lovely works
here is one i have just done for our dearest online magazine wink.gif

smile.gif

Bakr
Oliver
This looks amazingly beautiful! biggrin.gif
guestGuest
You guys are so clever more please. smile.gif
tracey_c
wow!! those are so cool, i'm off ill this week so will have a practice!!! biggrin.gif
Lezah
Yes I agree. MORE PLEASE!!:)

Would love the hear tips on using the photomerge in PS.

Keep the pictures coming.

Christy
tracey_c
i use the merge when i want to combine two images. i wanted two letters joined together to make a logo, and i also wanted to emboss them, before i merged them they were embossed sereately but after they were treated as one image.
BEFORE MERGE

AFTER MERGE

Can you see the difference? It's very slight but works better
Lezah
Yes I see it!
The C blends with the T instead of crossing over it.smile.gif

Christy
tracey_c
I got the idea for this from Bakr

I like it - there are so many different tools...
Bakr
That's it Tracey keep trying and you will have many ideas coming up , i do like this one and looking forward more ideas wink.gif,
here is another one , i hope you like smile.gif

Bakr
Bakr
That's it Tracey keep trying and you will have many ideas coming up , i do like this one and looking forward more ideas wink.gif,
here is another one , i hope you like smile.gif

Bakr
Bakr
i do apologize for the double post , i really had very hard time attaching the image still missing part though , i might try to attach it again but this won't be at the moment i had enough and i'm off to sleep now sad.gif mad.gif

Bakr
Aztec Arabians
I use Adobe Photoshop 7 on Apple Mac and PC.
allyndah
HI Everyone,

What a surprise to see some of our pages from our website being shown on the group... Lachlan has designed our website
and we are really happy with the result.. his artwork is brilliant and very creative.. Have enjoyed veiwing other pages from websites in this topic.. there are some lovely designs... If you would like to view Lachlan's work our website addy is below..

Lynda :-)

Allyndah Arabians
Australia

tkr9
The effect tools on Photoshop like dry brush are good for getting art effects, but not entirely convincing, so a friend told me how to use the smudge tool to make them look like paintings! It really works... My edit of Echao... Apols if I've posted it before, I've a ghastly memory...

tracey_c
Bakr, How did you put the pics in the film reel? Thanks
cate
Wow! ohmy.gif You are all so clever wink.gif Love the pics posted so far. I suppose it is a matter of practice makes perfect. <_< I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0, but never seem to get the hang of it, so have left it. Think I shall have to read the instructions, which might help. smile.gif If I can get the hang of APE 2.0 then it will be worth upgrading smile.gif
Bakr
The film reel is a ready made brush , you can get free extra brushes ,shapes and styels just try google , if you need this one particular e-mail me and i will send it and other ones wink.gif

you can create your own brushes it's not too hard here is the steps for making ur own brush :
1- select the shape whatever it's with any of the selection tools.
2- go to edit menu and choose define brush and it will set up the shape you have selected as a Brush.

here an example for this tutorial a portrait of "Farid Albadeia" done by our wonderful Italian Artist Paola

Bakr
Bakr
and this is how i used it as a brush , adding outer glow with Farid Albadeia title biggrin.gif

Bakr smile.gif
Sphinx
Unbelievable what everybody creates, real pieces of art.!

As from now I request a seperate subject, besides the photogallery on SE also an "Artgallery" to the moderators tongue.gif
cate
Wow Bakr.....you are so creative!

This is such a wonderful thread as interesting and informative as the photography one! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif Cate
Undefined

(hoffe is ok wenn ich in deutsch schreib und das es mal kein araber ist wink.gif )
das bild ist schon super alt.. dachte ich mach ein paar brushes rein, die ich mir neu runtergeladen hatte, sind zwar sehr viele aber sieht alles so knuffig aus =)
Taylor
I have to agree very talented people on this site! and thankyou tracey for starting this thread! I have also been learning how to use cs2 it really is a fascinating program and im really enjoying learning how to use it! I bought the cs2 book by Scott Kelby which is really good its easy to read and takes you through step by step but i have only learnt a tiny bit compared to what this program is capable of! here is a couple of my practise pieces!
Taylor
heres another
tkr9
Taylor, that background (the purplyblue one) is absolutely gorgeous! How did you make it? I'm always stuck for backgrounds on mine!
Taylor
Hi tkr9 whats your email address I will send it to you!
tracey_c
I downloaded some new brushes and made my own!!! yey! Thanks Bakr!

Here's my final creation....still need to practice....

tkr9
I love those hearts! Is it one of the brushes?

Because we all secretly know arabians are unicorns... smile.gif

Billy
WOW Tayler could you pleace send the brushes to mr biggrin.gif

Tracey the hearts is beautifill could you mail it to me biggrin.gif

My mail is arabian@mail.dk

I try to scerch after brushes but can find any, can you help with some link tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.