Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gucci Horses
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - Übersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Billy W
I was hoping to find out more about what ever became of the Gucci horses(especially the ones from the farm in the U.S.)
I had read back in the mid 90's that the farm in up state New York the horses were near starving and legal matters took over.....Gucci had bought the mare Ansata Damietta and I was wondering what ever became of her and all he other beautiful horses he had at this farm????????

Billy
Sadika
Can't help much about the USA horses but there are quite alot still over here in the UK - doing well in the show ring and breeding having put the awful past behind them... if you want to know about particular ones over here just say and I'll see what I know or can find out!
Billy W
Not sure if Perla DAHS was located on the Britian farm or not...but she is one I d like to know hwta ever happened to??? She was amazingly beautiful....I wasnt that familiar with the horses on the other side of the "Pond"??? I believe that there were several U.S. bred horses though??????

Thanks Billy

P.S. Really interested in Ansata Damietta she is my horses Paternal Grandmother so curious to know if she went on to have anymore foals..along with Ansata Aya Halima...where is she??????
Majid
Billy,

Regarding Ansata Damietta, she did live her last years at a nice farm in Kentucky, where she was loved and appreciated. Hopefully, someone from the farm will see this message and add more to it. I don't recall the person's name right now.

Also, Cynthia Cultberson knows Damietta well, and owns 2 granddaughters, I believe, one being Ansata Starletta. Cynthia, please add to the thread!

I also had a mare, Dorian Samia, who was a granddaughter of Damietta. I do like that line. Damietta was an aristocrat!

Majid
Meg
Is Perla (by Etat?) the mare bread by Jorgen Fredriksen (Denmark)? Indeed a beatiful horse. I´m sorry to say I have no idea what has happened to her.
Cheryl L
As of 1994 Perla is owned by Francisco Carresco in Brazil. Info came from DataSource.
Billy W
Majid,

Thanks for that Info......Ive been wondering about her for a very long time,hopefully someone with a bit more info can ad to this thread.....my guy is 75% Ansata bred and have been doing searches on the horses that I want to know what happened to.

Ansata Aya Halima was a half sister...gorgeous bay (*Ansata Ibn Halima x *Ansata Bint Misr) according to Authentic Bloodstock..both mares were purchased by Gucci....that was in the late 80's??????

Billy
majestik1
some horses like shahteyna were re imported intto US some like g shahmaal by ali jamaal out of shahteyna are in the moiddle east shaqab stud i think has the 2 full siblings by jamaal /shahteyna

i was trying to find out info about amber satin ( Muscat / silver satin ) full sister to satin mist awhile ago what happened to her after Gucci died and how many offspring she had data source is not always complete
Aimbri
I had heard that Ana Gayah (*Morafic x *Fawkia) was also one of the many horses that were starving at the Gucci's. I heard about this in 1995. Does anyone know what happened to her after that, or was she starved to death there? mad.gif
Cheryl L
Dal Noir died of colic there, with no treatment what so ever.
wpsa
We have Dhariba (Dalul x *Nafei by Gharib). She was part of the Gucci herd and had a colt and filly sired by Ansata Halim Shah while there. She also had a colt by AK Sirhalima which is deceased now. I have done a little research on the Straights that were there during the take over of the horses and most of them went on to countries outside the U.S. Others were placed in homes and have since died. I do not remember the details on all of them. Ana Gayah did get placed in a nice home and was sold to her final owner and I think did produce again before she died.

take care,
Sonja
Gari
I was involved with the acquisition of some of the US Gucci horses and a group of us acquired various mares that went to separate homes. *Draperia (PASB) was a mare I'd loved for years and had tried to purchase repeatedly, that finally came home to me. In Poland she was a legend for her beauty and for breeding on tremendous racing ability and perhaps most importantly, she was renowned as the dam of Dalida- http://www.prideofpoland.pl/en/index.php?d=araby05

A descendent (Druid?)sold last year or two for a record some to Turkey, I believe. Sadly she had very bad COPD and we were able to keep her going only 2 1/2 years. But she was dearly loved and the joy was knowing that she died peacefully and naturally surrounded by old friends that loved her. She was a wonderful, endearing mare and seemed so grateful for the care she received, and it was truly an honor to have her the last few years of her life.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/draperia

Someone asked about Amber Satin. She passed away while in training to resume her show career at a facility in Holland before Gucci's problems became public and he was still alive, I think. (Think Jane Kadri might be able to shed some light on this should she see the thread).
Hi,

I believe Ansata Aya Halima was exported to Germany / Italy. She might still be alive. We have Ansata Aya Nadira, a beautiful daughter out of her by Jamilll, that in turn produced the most magnificent Ashhal Al Rayyan colt imaginable.

G Shahmaal was imported by Al Shaqab Stud. She was later exported again to the US. If I'm right she should be together with her mother at Michael Byatt's.

Best regards,
Glenn
Meg
Thanks for the info. Good to hear.
Billy W
Thank s all for the informative thread......

If I remember right...didnt Gucci also have Endel at one time??? Who is now at Halsdon ? I saw him when he was at Lasma East in the early 90's he is beautiful....also there was *Aladdin and *Mag (breathtaking) * El Gazi and the magnificent *Nariadni!!! So glad I had a face to face with these amazing legends.

Does anyone know what ever became of Lasma East in LaGrange Kentucky???? That is one amazing facility.

Billy W
aanuket2001
I think that Lasma East is now a racing and throughbred farm. I know it was sold back in the early 90's. I do know that the beautiful facility that Karho had in Scottsdale was bulldozed and is now hundreds of houses and Tom Chauncy's place with the beautiful stained glass was also bulldozed and the entire ranch is a huge car dealership selling BMWs and sport cars. And I heard that Glennloch is now a cow barn.
Does anybody know what happend to the Messiah Stud, the home of VP Kahluah? What a beautiful mare. Is she still alive? She was absolutely gorgeous.
Marie
Ralph
Does anybody know what happend to the Messiah Stud, the home of VP Kahluah?

Hey Marie, I haven't thought of this place in a long, long time. Remember the stallion that was advertised from this farm: Damascus Messiah? I LOVED VP Kahlua. At the time, I was so crazy about this mare. I think she was bred to this stallion but somehow, a beautiful mare like this managed to disappear from sight. Do you know that she is an Egyptian influenced mare?Her sire was Jora Honey Ku, whose sire was the straight Egyptian stallion, Joramir (a son of Sirecho-check the *Nasr thread).

Ralph
Ralph
In 1968, the talented Sirecho son, Joramir, out of Fad Roufa, won a National Top Ten in English Pleasure and Native Costume, the crowning achievements to a career that included 20 Class A championships in halter and performance.
We purchased in 1991 two Ansata Halim Shah daughters from Gucci.'
One is G Dendera out of Ansata Damietta. We have excellent offspring and she is a wonderful mare.
The other Halim Shah daughter is Ansata Athena out of Ansata Raquessa by Ansata Ibn Halima.
Meanwhile she gave us 8 babies .All are simply endearing (if I can say so).

Wolfgang F. Bindl, Vollblutaraberstuterei-Isental, Germany ,wfbindl@gmx.net
corbinmk
And I heard that Glennloch is now a cow barn.

In Barksdale? Perhaps.

But not the one in Spring, Texas. It's now a subdivision.
aanuket2001
You're right. It is in Barksdale. They have a website:
www.gleannlochpieds.com. They raise Piedmontese cattle.
Thanks
Marie
majestik1
QUOTE (corbinmk @ Oct 27 2005, 06:23 PM)
And I heard that Glennloch is now a cow barn.

In Barksdale? Perhaps.

But not the one in Spring, Texas. It's now a subdivision.

not perhaps it is the topic has been discussed prieviously in the pinned section
CCallegari
Marilyn Lang bought AK Sir Halima from the Gucci sale. It was quite a dilema buying him but in the end he came home to Texas. It is funny that he went half way around the World only to return.

Marilyn said that there were alot of horses that died from what happened at the farm. Because a horse had to die before anyone could step in. So many were in poor shape. Unfortunately it was a very bad snowy winter. So conditions did not help. And people who were trying to get feed in to the horses had a very hard time of it. Ak Sir Halima survived only because some of the x-grooms liked him alot and brought him in feed.

His back had kinda fallen due to the lack of nutrition but he was still a gorgeous horse. We bred a mare to him the year he died at 19 I beleive.... After hearing about the stories I just could never bring it upon myself to ever buy anything Gucci again.

Candace Callegari
Aimbri
I guess I just can't understand why someone with the means that the Gucci's must have, would starve their horses! Why anyone would do this is shameful, but I have seen and heard of people who have little money or get ill, and their horses get down in condition, but why someone with means would starve their horses that they must have spent a fortune buying is beyond me. I had heard that this was because of a marital dispute. Does anyone know about this?
Gari
Jeannette,

Heard that the judge in his divorce case, ordered that whatever amounts he spent on the horses should be paid to the wife and child in spousal support and child care. Gucci took umbrage and refused to pay but the barest minimums, was the story we heard bandied about at the time. I've no idea what the real truth was. The 'odd' thing was that most who knew him, liked him enormously. Don't think we will ever know the full story.

In re VP Kahlua-she is still shown to be in the ownership of JZ Knight and had her last foal in '88. Presumably she and all the horses are still in the Pacific Northwest.
majestik1
It's just sad that animals have to suffer because of human affairs.
Gari
Unimaginable that a decent human being would do such...
inge
I own also a Gucci bred mare : G.Poduszka ( Pilot x Poznan ) , she is in foal now to BF Coco Junior (by Psytadel)
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/g+poduszka
majestik1
QUOTE (inge @ Oct 28 2005, 03:29 PM)
I own also a Gucci bred mare : G.Poduszka ( Pilot x Poznan ) , she is in foal now to BF Coco Junior (by Psytadel)
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/g+poduszka

any pictures ?
elsbetha
Hallo Billy,

I don't think Gucci had Endel.
Endel 1981 was leased to the Blommeröd Stud in Sweden for 2 years in 1996 and was sold at the auction in 1998 to Halsdon Arabians.
Endel sired 40 foals registered in the Polish Stud book.
One of his beautifull mares G ASHALIMA is standing in northern Germany . She is a very feminin black mare . She had a son by Imperial Mashaar , who is standing at our farm . This year G Ashalima had a beautifull foal by Teymur B .
She is by AK Sirhalima out of Asham Sharafa , born in 1991
Carolyn Shelton
Michael Byatt and Fran and Gene Haskins bought 113 of the US Gucci horses.

You can visit Michael's web site at: www.michaelbyatt.com under "Marketing" and read the story where many of those horses went.
Hope this helps in your search.

Regards,

Carolyn Shelton
Twelve Oaks Arabians
Richmond, Tx.
Valinor
The chestnut mare G Enchantress is now living in the Netherlands, having been imported from the United Kingdom several years ago.
She is by Ibn Estopa (El Shaklan´s full brother) out of Oml Camila Estopa (Carmargue x Bint Estopa - El Shaklan x Estopa).
This very sweet and loving mare really moves for fun, tail up and with a lot of snort and blow!
She currently has a 3 1/2 months old son (sired by Khidar) by foot, Valinor Enchidar - look for him in the classifieds.
For more information on both of them, see our website or contact us by info@valinor.nl.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.