Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arabic Name Question
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Helga
I hope someone will be able to help me, as I have a question from a good friend of me.
She would like to call her horses "Al Akifa" as a last name, for example "Saif Al Akifa" - does that have a meaning (the last name) and if so, what does it mean? Will it be suitable? Akifa is the name of ths studfarm.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best wishes,
Helga
Majid
Helga,

I am trying to think of different ways that Akifa might be pronounced with Arabic sounds, and cannot come up with a meaningful Arabic word that is close to this word. Maybe others can help.

Of course, Saif means "sword."

Majid
Helga
Dear Majid,

Thanks a lot for your time - as I understand it my friend has found the name Akifa in one of the Arabian name books...?? As far as I remember she said that it meant "devoted to" or something like that - is it the wrong word then?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best wishes,
Helga
majestik1
I'm also looking for arabic names for east wind south wind north wind and west wind i know theres scirocco and zephyr i think el marees refers to a wind as well

if any one could help it would be appreciated .. BARB
bterlaan
I heard that the sourth wind does not mean something good in Arabic. It is associated with the nasty hot, dry desert wind that may blow and people do not find it a nice wind, contrary to Europeans, where the south wind is associated with friendly, warm weather. Different surroundings, different perceptions.
Hi
Akif is a mans name and Akifa is a female name.
It means dedicated or similar meaning.
Best Regards,
Jamal
Wahag
Akifa or 3akifa or A'akifa means the female who is setting a long time doing some task. or the one who is dedicating a lot of time and efforts to perform some task.

for example:

Ex-1:
She is Aakifa on teaching her kids English ---> means this lady has a strong intend to teach her kids English and she is really doing this and dedicating a lot of her time for this perpose, so she is Aakifa on this task.

Ex-2:
Mohamed is Aakif to train his horse -----> means Mohamed is seriously training his horse and dedicating a lot of time to do this.

Mohamed Awad Khaled
Kuwait
majestik1
QUOTE (bterlaan @ Nov 8 2005, 07:58 AM)
I heard that the sourth wind does not mean something good in Arabic. It is associated with the nasty hot, dry desert wind that may blow and people do not find it a nice wind, contrary to Europeans, where the south wind is associated with friendly, warm weather. Different surroundings, different perceptions.

thanx bterlaan for the insite.
Wahag
QUOTE (majestik1 @ Nov 8 2005, 12:48 PM)

North Wind is always welcomed on this area of world smile.gif

South wind always assocaited with a lot of humid weather.

Mohamed Awad Khaled
Helga
Thanks a lot, Mohamed and Jamal.
smile.gif
So would it make sense to call a horse Al Akifa as a "last name"?
Wahag
QUOTE (Helga @ Nov 8 2005, 03:07 PM)
So would it make sense to call a horse Al Akifa as a "last name"?

If she can think about other last name, that will be better. and we are here to help.

Mohamed Awad Khaled
Kuwait
Helga
Okay, thanks a lot, Mohamed smile.gif I'll tell her that.
majestik1
QUOTE (Wahag @ Nov 8 2005, 01:05 PM)
QUOTE (majestik1 @ Nov 8 2005, 12:48 PM)

North Wind is always welcomed on this area of world smile.gif

South wind always assocaited with a lot of humid weather.

Mohamed Awad Khaled

so what would north wind and west and east wind be called it's funny the name for south wind is so beautiful yet in middle east it's associated with such hot humid conditions. i suppose if you had a hot headed stallion with absolutely irriplaceable bloodlines you could call him El Marees

ty for the insite as well i love learning about different languages and customs.
tiawarra
Hello Everyone,

Just wondered if someone could give me an arabic term for flame? A friend has a black colt with a small white marking on his forehead that looks just like a flame. She has been calling him "flame" but would like to know an arabic term.

Thanks for any help. Kind regards........Debbie.
Majid
Debbie,

The word for "flame" is "Lahab."

Majid
Cheryl L
Hi everyone, Northwind is Shamal. Cheryl
tiawarra
Thanks Majid,

Much appreciated smile.gif.

All the best............Debbie.
majestik1
QUOTE (cmlshamal @ Nov 9 2005, 01:22 AM)
Hi everyone,  Northwind is Shamal.  Cheryl

ty Cheryl
Hi Helga,
Akifa Al Saif on the other hand is ok - Akifa the Sord
Just like Richard the Lion Heart.
Regards,
Jamal
AL MOUSSAMI
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Dear Mohamed and Dear Majid
I join the many members on this forum to thank you for all your help with the Arabic language and its many forms ..Now that this medium is available to comunicate with many horse owners/lovers ,your contribution is to be comended ..I hope that the Arabian Horse Associations around the world will take note and ask for help from great people like you two...
Shoukran Jazilan Min al Alb..
Akhoukoum
AL-Moussami/Bachir
Rebekah
Does anyone know the arabic term for honour or integrity?
I have searched for it but I have only found ikraam? It said it was the feminine meaning .... But that was off a internet names & meaning site....hahaha
Wahag
QUOTE (Rebekah @ Nov 15 2005, 01:26 PM)
Does anyone know the arabic term for honour or integrity?
I have searched for it but I have only found ikraam? It said it was the feminine meaning .... But that was off a internet names & meaning site....hahaha

The correct translation is : Sharaf , which means honesty and integrity.

For Example: John is shareef man, he will never accept bribe.

Ikraam means doing your best to welcome some one.

Mohamed Awad Khaled
Kuwait
SHOgrl97
Wow! Such great help on this forum!!! I am curious as well..... the name of my farm is Simply Arabians...what is the arabic word for "simply" and do you have a suggestion to add that into the names of my upcoming foals? Thanks so much in advance! biggrin.gif
Majid
Showgrl97,

The word "simple" in Arabic is "baseet."

Simply would be interpreted, "Beebasaata."

I am not sure how that sounds as a name?!

Majid
Wahag
QUOTE (SHOgrl97 @ Nov 15 2005, 02:22 PM)
Wow! Such great help on this forum!!! I am curious as well..... the name of my farm is Simply Arabians...what is the arabic word for "simply" and do you have a suggestion to add that into the names of my upcoming foals? Thanks so much in advance!  biggrin.gif

what u mean by "Simply"?

are u mean in a simple manner? or absolutely? or clear?

Mohamed
SHOgrl97
Thank you Majid! I think you are right, it will be too much for a name!!! When I use the word "simply"...I would use it to mean absolutely. That is a good way to put it. Any suggestions?
samiGuest
Could someone please be so kind to give me the arabic word for "star"?

Thanks
Sami
Majid
Sami,

Star in Arabic is ................... "Nejma", or "Negma."

Showgrl97, I will think about "absolutely" and try to come back with another meaning. Maybe Wahag can help with this.

Majid
Rebekah
Thank you so much laugh.gif
So much for the internet name site having correct names..... ohmy.gif

You have made my day biggrin.gif
Wahag
QUOTE (Rebekah @ Nov 16 2005, 05:22 AM)
Thank you so much laugh.gif
So much for the internet name site having correct names..... ohmy.gif

You have made my day biggrin.gif

Most welcome Rebekah smile.gif
Wahag
QUOTE (SHOgrl97 @ Nov 15 2005, 05:41 PM)
I would use it to mean absolutely. That is a good way to put it. Any suggestions?

absolutely ---means---> Tamaman , which can be a good name if its combined will with another name.

for Example: u can name a colt with: Safi Tamamn, or Helo Tamamn, or White Tamamn, or Pure Tamamn, or Asil Tamaman., ext...

it sound good names, what other Arabs friend here think about this??

Mohamed Awad Khaled
Kuwait
SHOgrl97
Wow! I just purchased a stallion with a name very similar...that would be a good way to use his name on my foals and still keep the meaning! Thank you!!!!!
AL MOUSSAMI
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Dear Shogrl97
What my friend Mohamed gave you for "ABSOLUTLY"is correct "TAMMAM"but i will use it with a combination of arabic words and not a cocktail of English and Arabic..
Exp:Safi Tammam ==SAH- FEE TAH- MAM is OK to Use==Absolutly Clear or pure
Helo Tammam ====Not desirable
Asil Tammam ====AH-SEEL TAH-MAM is ok to use ==Absolutly pure
HeLou Tammam ==HEH-LOU TAH-Mam ==Absolutly Beautiful
Ma3 Iznak Yah Khayee Mohamed....

Al Moussami/Bachir
Wahag
very nice Mr.Bachir, smile.gif I made mistake by mixing arabic with english, thx for correcting me smile.gif

but Tamam is better to be one m, not double m, so it can be : Tamamn or Tamam

so it will be:

Asil Tamamn -------> absolutely pure
Abyad Tamamn -----> absolutely White
Helo Tamamn ------> absolutely beatiful

Mohamed
AL MOUSSAMI
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Mohamed
You Are correct "Tamam "should be one M and not two ....Shoukran for your answer ..
and great job helping our friends on this forum ...Allah Ma3k
Bachir
Waafaqah Shanon Tabaqah
majestik1
i already asked but no one was able to answer

what is nnorth , west and east wind in arabic thank you
Riverside Arabians
Hello,

A question/clarification... funny that the story is that Mohammed (spelling?) took the south wind and from it, created the mare.

Pardon my coarseness with the story, but I can't help but wonder- why then, is the south wind not something to be reverred? If that is what the blessed horse came from, I would think it should have a beautiful name to go with its deep seeded meaning.

Kristen
Wahag
QUOTE (majestik1 @ Nov 18 2005, 10:13 PM)
i already asked but no one      was able to answer 

what is  nnorth , west and east wind  in arabic thank you

Sorry, I thought some one else has answered you.

North ----- > Shamaal
South -----> Janoub , or janoob
West ------> Gharb , or Garb, or Grb , or Ghrb
East -------> Sharq , or Shrq

Wind -----> Reeh

Sorry again for being late

Mohamed Awad Khaled
Kuwait
AL MOUSSAMI
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
akh mohamed

Shou hal Soura el Helweh ..Allah yee khalee al farass we ashabou...
Al Moussami
majestik1
QUOTE (Wahag @ Nov 19 2005, 12:50 PM)
i already asked but no one    was able to answer

what is nnorth , west and east wind  in arabic thank you

North ----- > Shamaal

Wind -----> Reeh

Mohamed Awad Khaled
Kuwait

thank you very much
majestik1
QUOTE (Wahag @ Nov 19 2005, 12:50 PM)
i already asked but no one    was able to answer

what is nnorth , west and east wind  in arabic thank you

North ----- > Shamaal

Wind -----> Reeh

Mohamed Awad Khaled
Kuwait

so to name your horse north wind would be Shamaal Reeh ? i want to understand how to write the name properly as to not to offend any one

what about feminine version of this or would a filly also be named that way?
thanks to all for imput. BARB

by the way no need to apologize as i noticed you got bombarded with the different people's needs so I understand the need to wait.
Wahag
QUOTE (majestik1 @ Nov 21 2005, 11:04 PM)
so to name your horse north wind would be    Shamaal Reeh ?  i  want to understand how to write the name properly as to not to offend any one

what about  feminine      version of this        or would a filly also be named  that way?

by the way no need to apologize as i noticed you got bombarded  with the  different        people's needs  so  I understand the need to wait.

Your horse name can be : Reeh Al Shamal / Reah Al-Shamal

By the way I just think of a golden name, it maybe good for the filly as well: Rehat Al Ward ----> means the smell of rose.

u r most welcome at any time.

Mohamed
Wahag
QUOTE (AL MOUSSAMI @ Nov 21 2005, 09:15 PM)
biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
akh mohamed

Shou hal Soura el Helweh ..Allah yee khalee al farass we ashabou...
Al Moussami

smile.gif

inta ahla

Mohamed
majestik1
QUOTE (Wahag @ Nov 22 2005, 06:28 AM)
QUOTE (majestik1 @ Nov 21 2005, 11:04 PM)
so to name your horse north wind would be    Shamaal Reeh ?  i  want to understand how to write the name properly as to not to offend any one

what about  feminine      version of this        or would a filly also be named  that way?

by the way no need to apologize as i noticed you got bombarded with the  different        people's needs  so I understand the need to wait.

Your horse name can be : Reeh Al Shamal / Reah Al-Shamal

By the way I just think of a golden name, it maybe good for the filly as well: Rehat Al Ward ----> means the smell of rose.

u r most welcome at any time.

Mohamed

i like that i may use it when i register my 3 year old filly seen below. her name is ali saritta but she's unregistered so we'll see.. what about el marees for south wind i've noticed that that is sometimes given as a word for south wind? that is such a pretty sounding name for such a hot humid sandy wind. lol BARB
majestik1
here's the other pic of Sari
Wahag
Dear Majestik1,

Nice filly, I like the bay color.

I hope you can easily register her, any information about the pedigree?

Mohamed
majestik1
QUOTE (Wahag @ Nov 23 2005, 02:10 PM)
Dear Majestik1,

Nice filly, I like the bay color.

I hope you can easily register her, any information about the pedigree?

Mohamed

HI MOHAMED

SHE'S EGYPTIAN RELATED WITH 2 CROSSES TO RUMINAJA ALI

GOOD NEWS IS HER CURRENT OWNER HAS STARTED THE REGISTRATION PROCESS HER REGISTERED NAME WILL BE

ALI EL SARRITTA

SIRE IS :
ALI EL DIN ( RUMINAJA ALI X HERITAGE MEMORY BY EL MAGATO ) YES HE IS A FULL BROTHER TO THE ONE AND ONLY *ALI JAMAAL

HER DAM IS :

TONNI ( LBA LODESTAR ( FAME VF) X ALIAANCE BY RUMINAJA ALI)

BOTH SIRE AND DAM WERE BRED BY THE BERGEN FAMILY ARABIANS IN MICHIGAN AS WAS SARI

THANK YOU FOR THE COMPLIMENT SHE IS BEAUTIFUL AND MY DREAM COME TRUE..... SHE'S COMING TO ME BRED TO THE STRAIGHT RUSSIAN STALLION NEFISON ( MAG X NEFISA) FOR 2007 FOAL

I'M SO EXTATIC AT THE PROSPECT OF OWNING SARI AND HER UNBORN FOAL HERE'S HOPING FOR A FILLY... barb
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.