Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Se Stallion - Hlayyil Ramadan
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Liz Allen
Hi there

I was just wondering if any of you out there know much about the above stallion.
All I know is that je is by Kamar El Zaman out of Haboub and is owned in the middle east ( I think). The reason I ask is some breeders in Australia have imported some frozen semen of his and I am intrigued as I have seen a few photos of him and he looks beautiful. Plus I think he is double Hanan?

Cheers

Liz Allen
Canberra, Australia
Guest_Maria_*
He is indeed wonderful and was discussed often on this board.
However, just for the record he is not straight Egyptian according to the rules of the Pyramid Society but one of the most impressive stallions I saw anywhere.
Here is a link to some of his progeny: Click here.
Here is a link to another discussion about him: Click here.
aliaalhussein
Dear Liz, I m glad Maria posted those links, they are self-explanatory-thanks Maria! Hlayyil has just returned home after a few years in Europe. There is a daughter of his bred by Mrs Anita Tolley of Cintra Stud in Australia, and another colt on his way over to Australia soon, God Willing. There is also frozen semen available there. Best wishes, Alia
Dr Daniel Wigger
Dear Princess Alia,

... there is a very old German Arab Horse book by Erika Schiele with a picture of HR's grandpa Bahar of original Jordan desert bred lines of your Royal Stables in Amman. He looks like the epitome of an Arabian stallion to me: typey, strong, upright with large eyes and the tiniest ears I ever noticed on a horse. Do you happen to have some further pictures of Bahar to share with us? rolleyes.gif
And if I may add another request - does anyone have a photo of his sire, Kamar El Zaman? Thank you.
Silvio Galea
HI All,
Does anyone know how I can get in touch with Anita Tolley. Our mare was in foal last season to HR but unfortunatly reabsorbed and we are hoping to put her in foal to him again this season, would really like to see his progeny in Aus.

Regards
Silvio
Lancefield Victoria.
aliaalhussein
Regarding Anita, I don't have her telephone number offhand but perhaps in the directory? She lives in Melbourne.
I will try to find a photo of Kamar El Zaman- he had a lovely fine head rather like his dam Amar (bred by Dr Nagel), but died rather young before really maturing fully I think. Rather tall, with good legs, and good movement too, but not really filled out in the body-he still looked a bit like a teenager . Dr Nagel feels that some of his Egyptian lines mature later in life , as do our horses here on the whole. Our two year olds look like two year olds, not mature horses, for example!
Dr Wigger, I am glad you liked the photo of Bahar. I will find some and post them InShaAllah. He WAS as you say a real old fashioned Arab stallion and very much a HORSE! one of those who one feels even more privileged than usual to have known rolleyes.gif . BEST WISHES, alia
Al Fawara
Dear Ameera Alia,

I will save you the trouble of looking for the picture of Kamar El Zaman if you don't mind wink.gif , if I remember correctly it's the ONLY one of him around! Hope that Lyle is happy to be back and look forward to seeing him (and you!) again in hopefully near future.
Best wishes to you both, Sven

Picture taken by Van Lent
Al Fawara
Dear Daniel, not a picture of Bahar but the grey mare in the top picture is Sabal 1, she was his dam, and when bred to Ushaahe (Ifni x Duquesa) gave birth to Bahar in 1952.
Isn't the grey mare in the snow Samiha, great-grand-dam of Hlayyil Ramadan?
I think Sabal I was chestnut - maybe it is her in the lower 2 photos?
Al Fawara
@Guest: I thought the grey mare in the picture was Samiha also when I first saw it, but later on was told it was Sabal the first.
The chestnut mare in the lower pictures is Kerima, a maternal sister of Samiha. Kerima is by Al Dhabi out of Farha, while Samiha is by Ushaahe (Almozabor) and also out of Farha.
Thanks Al Fawara. But I just checked RJSB Volume I and Sabal I is shown as a chestnut mare with star conjoined stripe, left fore white to 2/3 cannon, both hind legs white to 2/3 cannon.

Sabal II was grey, with fleshmark on muzzle, white on both hind legs. Samiha was grey, right fore and both hinds white to pasterns.
aliaalhussein
Dear Sven, Thanks, that IS the only photo of Kamar that I have in mind! The mare is indeed SAMIHA, not sabal. Sabal II was a grey, but Sabal I a chestnut, and there is a photo of King AbdAllah I riding her in a military parade which I will try to get posted too. I hope it was not I who said it was her in the photo as a slip of the tongue?! It is definitely Samiha, Haboub's granddam.
i have found a couple of tiny photos of bahar under saddle, but not being efficient with the computer will have to get someone else to post them. Also a photo of Hlayyil as a young stallion before he went to europe.
Al Fawara
Ameera Alia: Doesn't matter, I am glad that now we all know the correct name of that beautiful mare in the picture, you can see quite some resemblance between her and Hlayyil, I think!

Well, I will again add a picture you were mentioning, biggrin.gif it is Sabal I, and the rider is King AbdAllah I. I believe it was taken in the 1930`s. Best regards, Sven
aliaalhussein
Yes THAT's Sabal, and thank you so much, having mentioned it I then -AGAIN_ couldn't find it! sad.gif Some others are on the way, hopefully, to my computer literate friend to post InShaAllah! blink.gif
ArabianFancy(GinaD)
There is a gorgeous photo of Hlayyil Ramadan on the Tom McNair auction site!!
Go see him and BID! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Thank you so much ,Princess Alia ,for all of your donations!!!

Gina
Dr Daniel Wigger
This is Bahar, age 20, from the Schiele-book.
aliaalhussein
Thanks Dr Wigger, It's a nice photo of him. I do have two more somewhere which I will look for InShaAllah. There used to be an Australian horse magazine which had a galloping stallion as their logo,up near the title at the top of the cover page,back in the 1970s which was actually Bahar. A Peter Upton sketch of him is also the logo for one of the shows, either the British or Qatar National one I think, will have to refresh my memory!
Gina, it's a pleasure, as you say, I hope many people bid, there are some great things on the site, and more important it's for a REALLY good cause!
Liz Allen
Thank you all for the information on this lovely stallion.
Special thanks to you too, Princess Alia, I hope to visit your country one day and see the magnificent horses there.

Kind regards

Liz Allen
Canberra, Australia
Doinja Karmelk
Goodmorning everyone,I to am a big fan off Lyle.He is one of the most Charismatic horses i have seen in Europe.My dear friend Aurid Muskee has bred his mare Aisha to HR 4 jears ago.That resulted in a beautifull young stallion named Bishr.He is by all means a true son of his father now 3 years old and going trough his own first breeding season.I will try to place pictures but am not very "handy" with that kind of thing so if anyone else wants to place some that would be nice to.Princes Alia,i hope that Lyle is having a good time back home and that he may produce some more lovely Youngsters for your breeding programm.Insh Alah
QUOTE (Doinja Karmelk @ Apr 26 2006, 07:41 AM)
Goodmorning everyone,I to am a big fan off Lyle.He is one of the most Charismatic horses i have seen in Europe.My dear friend Aurid Muskee has bred his mare Aisha to HR 4 jears ago.That resulted in a beautifull young stallion named Bishr.He is by all means a true son of his father now 3 years old and going trough his own first breeding season.I will try to place pictures but am not very "handy" with that kind of thing so if anyone else wants to place some that would be nice to.Princes Alia,i hope that Lyle is having a good time back home and that he may produce some more lovely Youngsters for your breeding programm.Insh Allah
Al Fawara
No thanks required at all, Ameera Alia, it's my pleasure.
The following pictures were already posted some time ago in another discussion, they show Haboub, born in 1979, the dam of Hlayyil and the daughter of Bahar out of Haala. Haala is a daughter of Samiha; the grey mare shown been ridden in the snow on the first page of this thread.

The pictures were taken in Jerash, Jordan in the 1980`s. The picture with the two mares shows Haboub on the right and her paternal sister Mahbuba on the left; they are both sired by Bahar. The riders are Ameer Ali Al Hussein on the left and Ameera Haya Al Hussein on the right.

Pictures taken by Van Lent
wbishouty
Dear Princess Alia,

I am attaching three photos as follows:

1. Hlayyil Ramadan as a Young Stallion in Jordan

2. Two on Horseback

L. to R.

Baharein by Bahar out of Samiha
Bahadur by Al Dhabi out Mashalla II (also X Farha who was Dam of Samiha)

3. Royal Stables Stallions Circa 1972

L. to R.

Nimmer, Mehrez, Cavacade (not Registered) and on extreme right, Bahar

Regards,

Waleed Bishouty
aliaalhussein
Thank you , everyone, for the input and kind comments. I am glad that Bishr is growing up so well, MaShaAllah. He was a very handsome yearling when I saw him at the Tulip Cup. It's always extra nice when other people are happy with their offspring by one's horses!
Hlayyil does seem to be enjoying being home, AlHamdulIllah! He did not appear at all surprised , just settled back into his old surroundings with if anything an extra gleam of humour in his eyes. wink.gif
Angel Arabians
QUOTE (Doinja Karmelk @ Apr 26 2006, 07:41 AM)
Goodmorning everyone,I to am a big fan off Lyle.He is one of the most Charismatic horses i have seen in Europe.My dear friend Aurid Muskee has bred his mare Aisha to HR 4 jears ago.That resulted in a beautifull young stallion named Bishr.He is by all means a true son of his father now 3 years old and going trough his own first breeding season.I will try to place pictures but am not very "handy" with that kind of thing so if anyone else wants to place some that would be nice to.Princes Alia,i hope that Lyle is having a good time back home and that he may produce some more lovely Youngsters for your breeding programm.Insh Alah

Hi,

Let me help you with pictures of Bishr.
We are breeding 2 of our mares to him this year (our Ansata Nile pasha and Maysoun daughter).

Greetings

Jeanine
Liz Allen
Could anyone expand on his pedigree please?
I love that photo of him as a young horses, very impressive.
aliaalhussein
I don't know about Bishr's dam,
but if you mean Hlayyil :his sire was Kamar El Zaman by Salaa el Dine out of Amar, bred by Dr Nagel and imported with his dam to Qatar as a foal at foot, where I was privileged to first see him atthe Stud of Sheikh AbdElAziz who kindly remembered how much my husband and I liked him, and gave him as a gift as a young stallion. He is considered straight egyptian but in fact traces (via Hanan) to Jordan as recently as 1946 through horses presented to King Farouq by Bisharat Bey. He has Ansata Halim Shah twice in his pedigree.
Haboub is a Kehilah Ajuz (strain) mare of largely local lines, with two outside lines,one through Selman (originally named El Fagr in Egypt, A Nazeer 1/2 brother) and the other through Ushaahe (originally named Almozabor In Spain, who traced to the stud of the Duke of Veragua).
Hope that helps! Alia

Bishr again, pictured by Reindert Jansen during the stallionlicensing in Holland.
C_Ma
I found some pictures of a few Hlayyil Ramadan and Kamar El Zaman offsprings in Jordan, that was shown at the Middle East Championship last year smile.gif

Jawaahir (Hlayyil Ramadan x Goleh Gola)
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
C_Ma
Lamees (Kamar El Zaman x Layaaly)
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.