Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tollard Park Stud Uk..
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
amanda
hi i was looking for info on this stud and/or micheal pitt-riviers i belive he owned the stud here in the uk? i was hoping someone would have info on their foundation horses? i belive that at there close in????? they owned relvon ellijah? did they breed only crabbett lines?? thanks for any info amanda.
Jane Kadri
Mr Pitt Rivers stud some closed years ago due to his ill health but Ronnie Booth was stud manager there for many years before she came to us at Al waha at its closure. Ronnie has retired from Al Waha but iIf you would like to email me through this site, i will pass on your message and questions to her.

Ronnie is not on email but if you include your fax and telephone number, she will reply.
aliaalhussein
It was a very prominent Stud with super horses! Makes one feel very nostalgic to remember it!
Hi, I remember visiting there in the 80's. Does anyone know what happened to the chestnut stallion Ring of Gold? I still think of him, even now, and have never seen any of his stock for sale? He was a real face puller, but the kindest horse really!
Ring of Gold (born 1983 by Rheingolde out of Shades of Autumn) was bred by Mr & Mrs Theobald, not by Mr. Pitt-Rivers. He had 3 foals in UK, all filliles and all for Michael Harris.
Meadow Flower out of Meadow Brown
Orange Gardenia out of Orange Blossom
Saffron Ring out of Samiha Bint Samhan

Ring of Gold himself was exported to the United Arab Emirates in 1991. Maybe Jane would know what foals he might have had there?
Razgold
My Junior stallion is out of a mare bred at the Pitt-Rivers stud. His name is Griffin's Nazrak.

Sue
amanda
thanks !! jane i will mail you if thats ok with my number! a friend of mine also worked for tollard royal her name is joy steele she the mare dyala (darjeel x dancing diamond) i think? this mare had a broken leg but joy doesnt have any photos of tollards horses i was hoping someone would know what foundation horses he had? and photos if possible?
bidbod
QUOTE (amanda @ Apr 24 2006, 08:50 PM) *
thanks !! jane i will mail you if thats ok with my number! a friend of mine also worked for tollard royal her name is joy steele she the mare dyala (darjeel x dancing diamond) i think? this mare had a broken leg but joy doesnt have any photos of tollards horses i was hoping someone would know what foundation horses he had? and photos if possible?

My brother Carl Skelton worked at Tollard Royal Stud in the late 70's to early 80's
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.