Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shykh Obeyed
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Sha3lan
Dear all :
i've been searching for a month for a map which may show where is the Shikh obayed stud was
all i know it was near Cairo in Heliopolic and this is where i live i asked all around me and got nothing serched in maps about Egypt and got nothing too
it is very important for me to know where it was exactly
ok i did a lot of search and i know every thing about it and the pink house story and so on
but still i couldn't reach the answer i need , and dose any one have a pic of the place - i saw the one Lady Anne drew - and any one have pic of Lady Anne but a rare pic i mean not the pic we have on the net they are all the same ,
i would be very thankfull and if u have any personal information about her ,,..

im really would be thankful if u help me
Yassmin
Connyi
Here is a link to a page were you can order a biography of Lady Anne Blunt.
Sha3lan
Dear Connyi;
does the book have the map of the place ?
thanx any way
but no other info sad.gif
Nadj al Nur
Hi Yassmin
I'll bet that if you contacted Nasr Marei, he would know exactly where it was located.
Best
Cathy
Connyi
Didn't you ask for personal information about Lady Anne? I thought a biography might help...
Al Fawara
Sabah al kheir Yassmin, as far as I know, the exact location was in/near Heliopolis but I have been told it is non existing anymore...

You better ask around in Cairo as there are many people who know where it was exactly located, starting with Dr.Nasr, I am sure he can tell you.

By the way, are you progressing with your studies? Are you going to be a (equine?) dentist soon, Insha'Allah?
Wishing you well, take care of your Sha3lan (he IS a fast runner!) and other horses,
hope to meet you in the near future, Sven
Connyi
Judith Forbis describes what is left of Sheykh Obeyed in her book The Classic Arabian Horse. It sounds like she has been there, so she must know where it is. Here is a contact address.
Sha3lan
Dear Cathy biggrin.gif thank u SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much u know why also , been hours cheaking the book smile.gif

Connyi : thank u but i tried the Ansata site and found nothing there sad.gif and about the personal info , well i found everything on the net i meant much more than this ..
but really thank u smile.gif
Yassmin
Sha3lan
sbah el 7'er sven :
kefak biggrin.gif enshallah tkon tamam smile.gif
well yes i think i should search for it throgh people
Studies well i never gonna satle down on a spesific thing well now the races reserches and History LOL i can't stop loveing every thing about them , Equien Dentist is still on the Top
shalan have a race next saturday with very good horses this time VERY good so all im asking God is that he get back safe ....
best Regards
Yassmin smile.gif
PGD
Yassmin,

The web address Connyi gave you takes you to a page that has Judi Forbis's email address - so that you could WRITE Judi and ask her about the Shekyh Obeyd. smile.gif

Good luck!

Nancy P.
Connyi
QUOTE (PGD @ Jul 27 2006, 06:31 AM)
Yassmin,

The web address Connyi gave you takes you to a page that has Judi Forbis's email address - so that you could WRITE Judi and ask her about the Shekyh Obeyd.  smile.gif

Good luck!

Nancy P.

Exactly, that's what I meant and why I didn't give the ansata.com-address smile.gif
Sha3lan
well sometimes im acting Strange these days
well yes i should get it straight laugh.gif
anyway it is a lovely idea i will mail her and ask her for sure
im sure she might help me
Thank u all smile.gif
Nadj al Nur
Hi Yassmin
Lady Anne Blunt says in her journals that it was at Ayn Shems close to Matariah.
Does that help?
Cathy
Sha3lan
all are in the same area but u know it was know that it was the biggest garden at this time so we are not sure maybe it is a part of helioplic and ain shames and matariah and kafr farouk
well if it is like this the it was SO big
but can u send me the site u sae this word on .. smile.gif
left 2 days to the race smile.gif unsure.gif ur prayers plz
Guest_Regality_*
Good luck to you both, my friend! smile.gif
Nadj al Nur
Hi Yassmin
I found some more info in another book by Rosemary Archer. She says : " In1882 the Blunts bought Sheykh Obeyd Garden, named after a saint, who, according to local tradition, had been one or the Prophet's companions, and who's tomb stood on the grounds. It consisted of 37 acres of rich soil which, in the 1830's had been planted with fruit trees."

So, it really wasn't so big as maybe you thought?
And lady Anne definately says it was at Ain Shems.
Hope this helps you with your search.
Saying a little prayer for Sha3lan.
Best
Cathy
tiawarra
Hello Yassmin,

I had also searched when I have been in Egypt. But had only been told that it was covered over by the evergrowing Cairo.

Hope you had more luck than I did. Kindest wishes for Shalan!!

All the best........Debbie.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.