Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UKIAHS Towerlands 2006
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - Übersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Guest_Louisa_*
Hi C MA,

Do you happen to have any pictures of my boys the winner of the young geldings Ffinalai? Also the gelding Fferzan in the older section?

Many thanks in advance

Louisa
falling down
Did anyone get any pictures of the stables they would look like a horror film mad.gif
horseranch
QUOTE (falling down @ Aug 29 2006, 08:48 PM)
Did anyone get any pictures of the stables they would look like a horror film mad.gif

??? huh.gif
Sal
You get what you pay for. The permanant stables where alright.

Great show, Beautiful horses, and the best ones did win.
overcharged
Sorry but i have to agree about the stabling,whilst the permanents were fine,the fiasco with the temporaries were appalling,the company that supplied the stabling were late putting them up,so that when people arrived they had nowhere to put their horses,some had travelled to the show for six hours,then still had to wait anything upto two hours for there stables to be erected before being able to unload their horses.
The cost of the permanent stabling was £80.00,this was supplied with ONE bale of shavings,another 3 had to be purchased at a cost of £6.50 each,bringing the total cost of stabling for two days to £99.50 ohmy.gif ,i could keep my horse on full livery somewhere for this.
Whilst i am aware of the huge expense of running and organising a Fantastic show such as this, i do think the cost of the stabling is atrocious.

Yours Sincerely

OUT OF POCKET sad.gif
C_Ma
Imperial Baaraah (Imperial Baarez x Imperial Phandala)

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
C_Ma
Emma and Karat (Aromat x Kaluga) in the Championship smile.gif

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
C_Ma
Hi Louisa,

A big congratulations with the victory!!! biggrin.gif
Both of your boys looked great!

I will see if I got some pics! Unfortunally I didnt get many pictures from the first Gelding class sad.gif
Sigrid
These pictures of Emma and Karat are AGAIN the perfect example to show that one can show in two ways : with a whip and shanking on a lead, or perfect trust and kindness, so away with the whip and forget about the leadline . Wonderfull !
amanda
anyone got any pics of sandhiran and his scores please smile.gif
Oh Really
ph34r.gif

well the show was a farce !!!!!!!!

No really it was

how ever some of the best won there class and the championships

BUT

AS SOON AS A SHEIHK HORSE CAME IN THE RING , THE SHEIHKS STOOD UP AND CLAPPED THE JUDGES ALL LOOKED OVER AND SCORED ACCORDINGLY . WINK WINK wink.gif

THERE HORSES ARE GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN WITH OUT THEN TELLING THE JUDGE " MY HORSE I SPONSORED THE SHOW SO I WIN OK "

THE STABLES WERE A DISGRACE THE DC'S WERE APPALLING AND LET TOO MUCH RUBBISH GO ON WITH ALLOWING THE EUROPEAN GROOMS SHAKE HORSES UP WHILE OTHER PEOPLE WERE STILL SHOW OR TRYING TO SHOW THERE HORSES,

WELL RANT OVER AND YES THE BEST HORSES DID WIN MOST OF THE TIME.
Guest_Tim Feurig_*
When the best horses won, what is your problem then? sad.gif Let the sheikhs clap their hands if they have fun and support their horses it is their good right. Everyone of us has favourites and supports them accordingly. So what? The judges did a good job, you said it: The best horses won! biggrin.gif
what fun
No Sorry

in alot of case the judge marks were so different some giving 15 and in the same 17 1/2

and type marks veried by as much a 2 points so no the judges did not give a good account of them selves.
K8E
RE - Stabling

I think providing one bale of shavings was outrageous and the 'permanent' boxes in the courtyard area had no lighting which resulted in an accident with my mare on returning from the libery class on saturday evening, thankfully only a minor injury but still everything was of a totally different standard when the BBC were there a few weeks earlier filming!!

I know alot of hard work goes in to organising this show and we are grateful but minor let downs spoil it for so many people!

As for the standard of horses this year it was breathtaking to watch! So many beautiful animals that I wanted to smuggle into our lorry!!

Hope everyone got home safely !

Katie G gbfahne.gif
C_Ma
Sandhiran (Sanadik El Shaklan x China Moon)

Type: 19,5 - 19 - 19 - 19,5 - 19
H&N: 19,5 - 19,5 - 19 - 19 - 19
Body: 18,5 - 18 - 19 - 18,5 - 18
Legs: 16,5 - 16 - 16 - 16 - 16,6
Mov: 20 - 20 - 19,5 - 20 - 20

Total: 92,7
Sabrina
Christina, do you have some pictures of Sandhiran and Al Lahab?
Well the thing about the judges making very diffrent points can be a duscussion on every show.... i think its many times like that.

I had a horse on a show that recieved 15 - 18 - 17 for legs blink.gif
Liz Salmon
I have to say that an 18 for legs is often a bit suspect. I don't think I've ever given an 18. It also has to be remembered that judges have different views on leg faults. I severely penalise club feet/high/low heel, calf knees or short steep pasterns, other judges may penalise slightly off set cannons more, but IMO the leg marks should not be more than 1.5 marks apart particularly when there are glaring faults. There are varying degrees of faults too.
joycehbrand
I'm over the moon. My home bred mare 'Shamila Amira' was reserve ridden champion. She seems to be ever the bridesmaid and never the bride as she was also Reserve BNC Ridden Mare at Malvern.

This only having been my 2nd trip to Towerlands, it has been a great show for me. My filly 'Psynammon', daughter of the above mare won her class last year.

Thanks go to Clare Fitch and Stephen McCormick for producing both horses so expertly.
Oliver
All further remarks about "bad judging" by any anonymous poster will be deleted.
It's the same after every big show - poor judging, poor horses, poor show. sad.gif
ajh
HI

I thought that overall it was a fantastic show, with great horses and it is excellent that the horses from Europe and the Middle East come over and enjoy the show!

However, the stabling was a bit of a farce, especially the temporary boxes - they were £20/£30 less than the permanent boxes and not even up by 4pm on friday!! And to not have lights on at all, as Katie G says it was very interesting getting back to stables after the liberty.

Still, rant over, and I was over the moon with my horses, how they showed and the quality present was fantastic! I was mostly pleased with the yearling colt I train and show, AV Montoya, he came second with 91 points, first time I have shown in an International show, first time he has been in an indoor arena! Now we are going to Aachen! biggrin.gif

See you all there
Amanda smile.gif gbfahne.gif
barbara.gregory
Bad show, bad judging, bad horse blah, blah.

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH.

Great show, good judging and lovely horses. I was SOOOOO pleased to see horses from the middle east and if they want to clap when their horses come into the ring so what, I am sure it made no difference whatsoever to the scores the judges gave them. I heard a lot of cheering/clapping for some of our horses when they came into the ring, what is the difference or is it that we are allowed to do it and "foreigneres" aren't. It is lovely to see them at Towerlands (not many years ago it was an international show in name only as no horses outside UK made the journey) so a huge THANK YOU to all those made the long journey to show us their beautiful horses. Please ignore the moaners and come again, we love to see you and your beautiful horses and congratulations on some well deserved wins.

Many years ago I would have gelded half (or more) of the colts and stallions at the show, now the classes are filled with really great horses from many different countries.

To the person who wanted to know about Al Lahab. His stud fee this year was 3000 euros, not set for next year, probably more! He does not at present have frozen semen (may have for Germany but certainly not for UK) as I saw him in his stable and spoke to the owners.

Barbara
gbfahne.gif
Well said Barbara!
barbara.gregory
Dear Guest (the nice one)

It had to be said. What on earth must people think when they go to the expense and trouble of bringing their horses here only to be told that their horses won because of who they are and not on their merits.

Their horses won because of what they are, beautiful horses who were the best in the ring on the day according to the judges and many others around the ring. We all have our own favourites but I agreed with the judges on most of their decisions but where I didn't they are judges, I am not, and I am sure their choice was better than mine!

Again PLEEEEEASE bring your horses back next year, we are very pleased to see you and your lovely horse, would especially love to see Bess Fa'Izah and Magora again, two very special young ladies.

Barbara
gbfahne.gif
C_Ma
Eagleridge Passionata
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
C_Ma
And for those who wasnt there:

Al Lahab

LVA Maximus
horseranch
Thanks Christina for the movies rolleyes.gif
Al Lahab.... rolleyes.gif
kansas sam
Hi has anyone got the movememnt scores for keyser Soze?
ck
Hi,

I am looking for some very good pictures of Al Lahab from Towerlands to use in Ariela Arabians website. Can someone please let me know who took pictures in Towerlands?

Regards,
Chen
amanda
thanks for the scores for sandhiran do you have any photos?? smile.gif thanks
barbara.gregory
The movement scores for Keyser Soze were

19.5 19.5 18.5 20 19

Barbara
C_Ma
Hi Chen,

Sweet Photography was the official photograhers at the show smile.gif
Guest_Fan_*
QUOTE (C_Ma @ Aug 29 2006, 06:26 PM)
The points for Al Lahab are:

Type: 20 - 20 - 20 - 20 - 20
H&N: 20 - 20 - 19,5 - 20 - 20
Body: 18,5 - 19 - 19 - 18 - 19
Legs: 16 - 16 - 17 -16 -16
Mov: 20 - 19,5 - 18,5 - 19,5 - 19,5  blink.gif
Total: 94,2p

I don't get it, please help me out here. This somehow doesn't fit with the video footage someone posted ( - thanks, btw!) - these scores were given for that particular showing, right?

If so, then what kind of movement scores did Karat - or Vody! didn't he show too? - get as comparison? 28? 30? laugh.gif

18,5 seems more reasonable to me. Very pretty horse though.
I totally agree, not that I don´t like Al Lahab...but a 20 for movements...I don´t get it! Neither the 19.5...
Would also like to know the scores for Karat and Vodolej for movements to compare with.
barbara.gregory
Karat's movement scores were
19.5 19.5 19 19.5 19.5

and Vody
20 20 19 20 20.5 (which counted as a 20)

I too thought the marks for movement were a bit high for Al Lahab although he did move well. However, he moved from the shoulder which a lot of horses don't so maybe that is why the marks were higher.

Barbara
Guest_Fan_*
QUOTE (barbara.gregory @ Sep 3 2006, 12:07 PM)
Karat's movement scores were
19.5  19.5  19  19.5    19.5

and Vody
20  20  19  20  20.5 (which counted as a 20)

I too thought the marks for movement were a bit high for Al Lahab although he did move well.  However, he moved from the shoulder which a lot of horses don't so maybe that is why the marks were higher.

Barbara

Thanks Barbara.

I am not surprised by the scores, but disappointed. I think this looks like a case where type "enhances" movement scores in a way that is not just. JMHO.

Moving from the shoulder is good, but the hock action and propulsion from behind is less than impressive to me. And something scoring 20 or 19.5 should look impressive.

All this goes to show that you have to see for yourself, and not rely on showresults and points. They can be deceptive.

Who were the judges, in the order given here?
LVA
QUOTE (C_Ma @ Sep 2 2006, 11:04 PM)
And for those who wasnt there:

Al Lahab

LVA Maximus

Thank you for the video of Maximus that was a nice surprise.

Virginia Brown.
PetraB
In regard to the notes given, we should keep in mind that these marks are no absolute marks. They are given to compare the horses in the classes with each other and to get a winner. And in order to make sure a given horse will win the class the judges give him very high marks. That doesn't mean that you can say Al Lahab has movements that count for a twenty at any show. They wanted him to win the class and in the championship because they thought he was the best stallion at the show and they judged him accordingly. This is the way the judges do it at most shows.
I don't think it's good because these marks are in most cases very much away from the truth but its the way they do it.
That doesn't mean that "type won over movement"! They liked Al Lahab, hos overall appearance and balance and his type, combined with balance, body and his appearance made him the better horse than one that just has impressive movements and no really good body.

Excuse my bad english, it is rosty. smile.gif
Maybe somebody has pictures of the black stallion AH Kuda,
who was in the same class with Al Lahab? Thanks. smile.gif
jane holloway
Hi,
just wondered if anyone took video of AV Montoya in yearling class?
Thank you jane biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif gbfahne.gif
Do you have video of Karat and Vodolej ? Love that Vodolej receieved a 20.5 tongue.gif
Guest_Fan_*
QUOTE (PetraB @ Sep 3 2006, 07:11 PM)
In regard to the notes given, we should keep in mind that these marks are no absolute marks. They are given to compare the horses in the classes with each other and to get a winner. And in order to make sure a given horse will win the class the judges give him very high marks. That doesn't mean that you can say Al Lahab has movements that count for a twenty at any show. They wanted him to win the class and in the championship because they thought he was the best stallion at the show and they judged him accordingly. This is the way the judges do it at most shows.
I don't think it's good because these marks are in most cases very much away from the truth but its the way they do it.
That doesn't mean that "type won over movement"! They liked Al Lahab, hos overall appearance and balance and his type, combined with balance, body and his appearance made him the better horse than one that just has impressive movements and no really good body.

Excuse my bad english, it is rosty.  smile.gif

I never said that type "won over movement", that is not what I meant (if it is me you are referring to.)
I was just making the observation that top type scores often automatically seems to be followed by movement scores that are a little higher than they should be. And I think this was a typical case. Again, I like the horse in question, he probably was a very worthy winner on the day. That is beside the point.

I don't like the comparative use of scores either.

Perhaps ECAHO should have a look at the newly proposed scorecard from the AHA (read more about it on a US forum). If they pull it off it will be fantastic....
kansas sam
Barbara
Thanks for the scores for Keyser Soze.
May I ask if you attended the show?
If so, is it correct that this young colt moves well and is real crowd pleasing, I'm told he has a neck to die for and is real pretty. Marwan offspring are so hard to get hold of here and the noise from Great Britain regarding this colt is awesome
I would appreciate any comments from yourself or any other connoisseur who has seen this horse in show or the other Marwan colt who is over there (casanova i think!)
Guest_michael byatt_*
Several years ago I bought, and imported to America, the El Shaklan daughter Magic Star. While at my farm she had many wonderful offspring. Sadly for me, and happily for all concerned that own her now, she left America for Great Britain with her colt by Marwan - Keyser Soze. What is very important here is the vision of Mark and Jenine -- they saw and they knew what they wanted for the Hartley's - and they wanted Magic Star. They already purchased her daughter Marieta B by Besson - who herself is an incredible mare. Keyser Soze is a wonderful colt -- full of type and charisma. He deserves all the accolades that he is receiving! Good job to all. Michael Byatt
Hotspur
Firstly, a big thank you to Michael not only for your kind words regarding Magic Star,her daughter Marieta B and her son Keyser Soze but also allowing us to purchase such great horses for Dawn and Danny Hartley.

Magic Star has already proved herself as an incredible broodmare and we are sure Marieta will follow in Magic Star's hoofprints as she is expecting her first foal by Marwan next year, As for Keyser he is sure to become a head sire here at Hotspur Arabians.
Once again thankyou Michael for your encouragment and help!!!

Kansas Sam,
Keyser really is a great mover and well deserved his trot marks. As for being a crowd pleaser you very rarely hear such noise from the crowd that keyser got especially so early on in the show!!! He is incredibly typey colt with a long hooky neck. Here at Hotspur we do have another Marwan son Marwan's Kasaneuv who is out of a Padron's Psyche daughter, he is also a great colt with an incredible body and neck but just needs a little time to mature.

Mark and janine
Hotspur Arabians gbfahne.gif
Michelle Salmon
Here is a picture of the very beautiful Keyser Soze
Sal
Doesn't Malthouse Arabians in UK have a Marwan colt?
Guest_lisa_*
Hi Sal, we don,t have a Marwan colt here at Malthouse but do have the 3 year old colt by Ghazal Al Shaqab owned by Glenys Allen. At the moment he is away from the farm on a breeding lease and has 10 mares due to foal to him next year. He will be coming back to Malthouse in 2007. gbfahne.gif
Lisa
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.