Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: U.s. Nationals
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3
BaileyArabians
Unfortunately I won't be able to go to the whole thing.

Does anyone know if it's being streamed, and if so could provide the url so I can catch the first days of it?

Kathy
Liz Salmon
I leave on Tuesday. I'll be doing a report for The Arabian Magazine.
BaileyArabians
I'll be there next Friday and Saturday but I don't want to miss anything ph34r.gif

Kathy
Mesadagirl
I'm coming from Canada and will be there Thursday Friday and Saturday. I am thrilled to be able to come. I hope to see and learn alot. wink.gif

Liz can you tell me besides the Press will I be able to bring and use my camera? My daughter is miffed cause I won't let her take the time off school to come too. I told her I would take some pictures but I am not sure at an event like this if it is permitted? blink.gif

I realize I probably won't be allowed to snap pictures during the Black Stallion show dry.gif but I guess shee'll have to be happy with whatever I get. wink.gif

There is nothing anywhere I have looked for an on line strwam but if I find one I will certainly post it here...

Sheri
Liz Salmon
Hi Sheri, I take photos from the side of the ring or outsideóthat's no problem.
BaileyArabians
I'll be there Friday and Saturday with camera in tow, I should also get that magazine in time hopefully to catch your article.
Cyglenda Miller
You can go to Arabhorse.com for live feed. First two days are free and after that there is a charge.

Cyglenda
Here a link to see the show : http://www.arabhorse.com/us-nationals/

But you need to register and pay to see the shows online.
One day FREE, and $10.00 fee per day for other days, excluding finals. Finals are on October 20 and 21st and its $20.00 per day.

For all 10 days => $60.00.
Razgold
The first 3 days are free after that you have to pay. Today is the last day for a freeby.

Sue
Hi everybody

Any results??

Greetz
arabhorse
Just wanted everyone to know that we are doing a live feed of the show, www.arabhorse.com

Have fun
BaileyArabians
THANKS!! I was hoping they would!! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif
Cheryl L
Cyglenda beat me to it. I got up at around 4 a.m. and could not go to sleep. I looked at my email and I got the link to watch Nationals. Well I just bought the week pass and it was only $60. Well worth it. They are just getting back from lunch break now. So off I go.
Cheryl
Anjuli Bai
Enjoy the wonderful pictures taken by Dick Reed Toskhara Arabians ("Kordelas")
at
http://www.ablackhorse.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12738

Thank you so much Dick!
biggrin.gif cool.gif biggrin.gif
Cheryl L
Dick has some very good photos indeed. Very candid and beautiful

For results go to the Arabian Horse Association's website. On the top they have competitions, that is where the results are.
Cheryl
Cheryl L
There is also some footage on youtube.
Connyi
QUOTE (cmlshamal @ Oct 15 2006, 12:11 PM)
There is also some footage on youtube.

Where exactly?
Anjuli Bai
marvelous wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
Drama Queen
picture by Dick Reed
sorry but I dont find that horse very pretty, lovely head though, but the rest not so lovely...
Cheryl L
Connyi,
Google youtube.com and when you get there, type in U.S. Nationals or go to the other forum and it is under Dream Makers Thread.
Cheryl
Guest_Alex_*
As much as 60$ for the livestream on arabhorse.com! Isn't somebody very greedy?
QUOTE (Anjuli Bai @ Oct 16 2006, 07:05 PM)
marvelous wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif
Drama Queen
picture by Dick Reed

Is this horse male or female by the picture it seems it is a male but by name a female??? blink.gif rolleyes.gif
Cheryl L
She is a female.
Cheryl
Cheryl L
She is a 2 year old filly named Drama Queen. Her sire is Dakharo and her dam is Daytona S by Ibn El Farid, who is by Anaza El Farid.
Cheryl
QUOTE (cmlshamal @ Oct 17 2006, 12:52 AM)
She is a 2 year old filly named Drama Queen. Her sire is Dakharo and her dam is Daytona S by Ibn El Farid, who is by Anaza El Farid.
Cheryl

Hi Cheryl
Thanks for yur information, do you think it is the conditioning that makes her look so masculine, I would have sworn she was a male, I prefer my mares to look feminine. Is this mare or her type, what the American judges are looking for? Was she a winner in her class?
Cheryl L
I believe that she made the cut to go to the finals, am not sure on that though.
She is quite beautiful and I had some questions on her hindquarters and was told in the photo she was a bit camped out, but, that she is going to make a lovely saddle horse. I don't know how she was conditioned and with judges..................they could like something one day and hate it the next.
Cheryl
oh boy here we go...........somebody is going to start saying us halter horses are all backwards, the males look too feminine and the femailes look too masculine ohmy.gif
mckulley1
Drama Queen's breeding posted here is incorrect.

She is by FIRST CYTE and out of the aristocrat dam KLASSIC.

2004 UNANIMOUS REGION VI
YEARLING SWEEPSTAKES FILLY

2004 MN BREEDERS CHAMPION
MEDALLION YEARLING FILLY

We think this is just about as good as it gets! She won every competition on which she was entered in 2004, culminating with a U.S. National Championship.

This filly IS First Cyte! Her dam is Klassic. "DQ" is a dark bay, with a smooth top line, beautiful hip and gorgeous face! She moves just like her sire, and has his neck. She can "hook a look" that has you swearing you are looking at First Cyte. Show attitude to spare earned her the name Drama Qyeen!

Watch for Drama Qyeen in 2006 at the U.S. and Canadian National Futurity classes with Steve Heathcott. Plans at this time are to retire her to our broodmare band in 2007.

Allison of Talaria
Actually, her name is DRAMA QYEEN--spelled with a "Y" and she is a show queen par excellence!

McKulley 1 is correct--she is not by Dakharo, but by First Cyte, a Cytosk son. I bred one of my Botswana daughters to Fads First Cyte this year (a First Cyte son) after seeing this filly as a yearling.

And yes, she is very conditioned in the US manner, but I think she is gorgeous!

Allison of Talaria biggrin.gif
I do not think that all US Stallions are feminine and visa versa at all. Some certainly fit this description though, but not all.

This mare just does not look feminine to me, how could you compare her to the horses in Europe, she might be a lovely horse, of this I am sure, but she certainly lacks feminitity and this is only judging from Photos and a hard stand I admit, she may look completely different in the flesh.

Please could anyone definitely say to me, that by looking at this photo that you would automatically know she was female, she could easily be a male, this is what I mean, I hope you understand, I am not trying to knock anyones horses here. huh.gif
Almearas
Thanks for the 2nd photo, she looks lovely in this one!!

Good luck at the US Nationals!!

Regards

Menna Hornsby

Can anyone tell me if you can purchase a video of the open stallion class from somewhere?

Thanks again
Menna
Eagleridge Arabian Farm
I would love to see a natural photo of this mare, I think the stand up tends to make the horses look less feminine:
Allison of Talaria
Dear Guest,

I understand what you mean about Drama Qyeen looking "masculine." But I think it is not the natural shape of the mare we are seeing here. The underlying format is there (strong hip, good shoulder, short cannons, fabulous neck set and long scopey clean throat--plus high tail carriage and a very pretty face.

But she has been sooooo conditioned that she looks like so many of the lady "weight lifters" one sees occasionally. A female form on which have been laid very developed muscles.

Drama Qyeen has been in conditioning since very early in her yearling year--and it shows.

What I like is the balance, the neck set, the pretty face--the wonderful throat latch (and, most of all, this filly has "presence" when you see her shown live in the ring).

I guess "feminine" or "masculine" doesn't mean as much to me as basic good conformation and phenotypical beauty.

Allison of Talaria
Eagleridge Arabian Farm
Hi Allison

I think you are right for sure, when woman body build many do seem to lose that feminine soft womanly appearance, I suppose the same would go for mares and fillies when conditioned hard.

I still would like to see a natural photo of her, as I completely understand what the guest is saying.

Some mares can be conditioned to the max and still look very feminine though dont you think.

All this aside I am sure she is a super filly.

Cheers
Jenni
mckulley1
Guest too
QUOTE (Guest @ Oct 17 2006, 02:04 AM)
oh boy here we go...........somebody is going to start saying us halter horses are all backwards, the males look too feminine and the femailes look too masculine ohmy.gif

Awww, you Americans...

So people look for different qualities in halter horses. So what?

If I see a horse I like or dislike I couldn't care less if it was from the US or Europe or China. And this particular horse may not be my cup of tea, and she wouldn't be if she was European either. Big deal.

Loosen up. We're just exchanging opinions here.
Anjuli Bai
QUOTE (Guest @ Oct 17 2006, 02:45 AM)
Please could anyone definitely say to me, that by looking at this photo that you would automatically know she was female.

Yes, I did.
From first sight at her face. cool.gif
She's just a 2 years old cutie, watch for her female looking when she became a mare.

@ Mckully 1
Will you please tell her owner he should pack Drama Qyeen in an aeroplane and send her to me? wub.gif unsure.gif wub.gif

Good luck at the finals.
Cheryl L
Thanks Guys for the correction. I was looking up a different spelling on DataSource. After a question that I asked about the awkward angle of her hindquarters, I was told that she would make a good performance horse.
Cheryl
lynnbrook
Drama Qyeen is a 3 year old filly.

Here is Abha Myha (Marwan Al Shaqab X ZT Ludjkalba)

She will be in the Finals for the Junior Mares 3 - 5

photo by Dick Reed

UK Guest
Enjoyed looking at Dick Reed's photos but - is it just me or is anyone else (maybe only outside USA as I guess you guys are used to this) shocked by the strange and very long feet - some of which look as if they have huge heavy shoes and even added 'false feet' strapped on with iron bands - on some of the ridden horses, both half-Arabians and purebreds? And what are those straps that look like weird martingales acting as some kind of tie-down mechanism? I think these are in the specialst American saddleseat classes. Poor poor horses.
LoLoXLC
QUOTE (lynnbrook @ Oct 17 2006, 09:02 PM)
Drama Qyeen is a 3 year old filly.
Here is Abha Myha (Marwan Al Shaqab X ZT Ludjkalba)

She will be in the Finals for the Junior Mares 3 - 5

photo by Dick Reed

Oh my god! Can someone experienced please comment on those legs?
Tyger Pines
I'm confused. Are the photos of the horse facing to the right in the arena and the horse facing to the left on the grass supposed to be of the same horse? The reason I ask is because the front legs seem dramatically different to me. Perhaps it's just the way the photos were taken.
BaileyArabians
yes but the photo on the grass is a couple of years older I think.
mckulley1
Is it just me or is that grey mares fore legs placed wayyyy forward? And upright shoulder?
Cheryl L
I am watching the live feed for the Nationals (I love it by the way) and the most positive thing that I have noticed is the way Halter horses are being shown. There is very little shanking and the horses are TROTTING and not bouncing around. I believe that the new proposed resolutions are being prepared for already.
Cheryl
lynnbrook
PIANISSIMA (Gazal Al Shaqab X Pianosa)

lynnbrook
Ok I will answer some questions.

The metal bands are on the horses feet to help keep the shoes and pads on the horses feet. In case they overreach. Also, yes those are Martingales on the some of the horses in the classes that Dick posted photos of. But martingales are only allowed on the PB and H/A English Pleasure Futurity horses. And that class is only for three year olds and the horses MUST be shown in a snaffle bit with only one set of reins. Some it may be there first show.

As for the photos you must blow them up to see them better!!! It will make them look clearer than the same ones.
Cheryl L
National Champion Senior Mare-Unanimous El Dorada PASB
Reserve Champion Senior Mare- unanimous GAA Millenia.
Cheryl
K2A
Photos by Robert Burbeck
El Dorada
shown beautifully by Greg Gallun.
Well deserved redemption for Scottsdale.
wizzy
Yaaayyy!!! congratualtions to El Dorada's connections!

Congratualtions to Michalow and Congratulations to Sanadik El Shaklan! smile.gif smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.