Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Texas Bred Filly On Her Way To Israel!
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
AllieP
I'm happy to announce the sale of LF Amber Star (Insignia DeSha x FM Khaleen by Tammen) by Lyday Farms to Rafi Refaeli in Hod-Hasharon, Israel

This filly, our first-bred, was sold to a client of Lyday Farms in utero along with her mother the Tammen daughter, FM Khaleen. We're proud that Bryan and Melinda of Lyday Farms very recently successfully sold this filly for export to her new home in Israel.

I'll gladly correspond with anyone at her new stud who wishes to know more about this filly's beautiful dam. Though I'm not acquainted with you I'm proud to be "related" to you now by our mutual love for this sparkling chestnut filly whom I've kept a keen eye on since she was born. (I was very close to selling her recently to another client and realize this match must have been made in heaven; for it took place almost immediately after my visiting and showing her off to this client as "proud first mama.")

Congratulations to all!

Allison
PGD
Allison, are you "proud as a Peacock?" lol I couldn't resist! If you aren't, you should be!

Congratulations to all on this sale! smile.gif

Nancy P.
Cheryl L
That is great news! She should do well there, with the nice bloodlines that she carries. That "darn" Nancy beat me to the peacock comment though.
Cheryl
BaileyArabians
Congratulations Allison, that's wonderful news!!!
Dave
Allison,

That was fast. I looked at her less than a month ago. Congrats.

Dave
HLM
Dear Allison

Congrats. It is wonderful when other countries import some fine Straight Egyptians. I wish the new owners the very best.

Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms
Abbasiyah
smile.gif Congratulations Allison AND the new owners!!! smile.gif

Do you have a picture you can share?

Judi
Carol Cooper-Hall
CONGRATULATIONS Allison and Lyday Farms on the purchase of LF Amber Star (Insignia DeSha x FM Khaleen by Tammen) to Rafi Refaeli in Hod-Hasharon, Israel!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Cheers,
Carol
AllieP
Nancy, he he he...aren't you hilarious? (See you could have thought something like "pretty as a" or "as beautiful as a" but you didn't!!)

Dave, I was very happy that you liked her so much and would have been thrilled for you to have chosen her. And I was very happy that you found a filly that made your heart sing the next day at Dick's! And can you believe this also happened THE VERY NEXT DAY!? Like I said...Divine Order.

Here are photos of Amber Star's dam, KM Khaleen by Tammen and of course, Insignia DeSha. I'll pull out something of Amber when I can find it. My server crashed this year and three years worth of archives is gone.

Perhaps her new owners will provide us with a photo. She's coming two years old and everything I had of her was weanling photos anyway. She's truly growing into a beauty.

Thanks for all the congrats. I'm so happy for the folks at Lyday Farms as you know they are dear, dear to my heart.

Allison
AllieP
Thanks for asking, Judi. Here is a lovely headshot taken by Mr. Fernandes. Thanks to dear Carol M's recent photography workshop I know he's really enjoying taking photos of his horses himself.

I do regret that I don't have anything to share which shows her equally lovely topline, feet and legs -which pleased even a die hard leg man like Dave. I've never seen such insight into legs and movement in one man such as our Dave!

Happy Holidays to all!
Dave
Allison,

I think Amber will have a good home in Israel. Maybe they'll breed her to *Laheeb when he returns there. Israel has bred some really great SEs - Laheeb, AL Lahab, Shahir, and several others. I'm a huge fan of Laheeb. Amber will make her contribution there.

I do pay lots of attention to legs and hooves. They're really important for long term soundness. I've had my problems with legs and hooves in my own horses and I've learned in the school of very hard knocks about the importance of good legs and hooves.

I have a thought about Israel and Arabian horses. The Israelis really seem to like SEs; so much so that two years ago, an Israeli guy bought a SE mare that I was very interested in before I could see her. I wonder if there's a chance for some peace making here. Do the Israeli breeders talk with their counterparts in the Arab world?

Dave
AllieP
Dave,

There are several wonderful active posters in this forum from Israel. Do some searching and I'm sure you'll find some old threads. Or start one on the topic!

What I've come to find here is that we're really like one large global family. It really is a small world.

Give Frauke my best. I'm sorry that I haven't had a chance to meet her yet. Maybe at the Event this year!?

Happy Holidays! We're looking forward to popping the cork tomorrow on some of that wine that arrived this week.

Hugs,
Allison
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.