Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Glorieta Gazaal
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
SimplyArabians
I just got an email informing me that the veyr beautiful Glorieta Gazal has passed away. What a beautiful animal he was! Thank you for gracing us with your presence and you stunning beauty!
carolmaginn
I am extremely sorry to hear this.... This was a beautiful stallion who I admired and heard so much about.... He will certainly be missed.

My condolances to Jon Michael, Kimberly Nelson, Glorieta Gazaal's owners and everyone who loved this beautiful stallion...

Carol
Melissa Raulerson
This is so sad to hear. Matt and I were just talking about this stallion this morning. Our thoughts go out to his owners and all his fans.
Melissa & Matt Raulerson
Carol Cooper-Hall
My deepest sympathy is extended to the owners and breeders of their beloved "Glorieta Gazal" who recently passed away, and for all those that were touched by his love and life. sad.gif
Carol

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.

Author unknown
Kimberli Nelson
Our Gazaal is gone. One of the last direct Ansata sired stallions left in Sheykh Obeyd breeding, his loss is devastating in more ways than one. His sire was the beautiful Ansata Abu Nazeer bred by Ansata and owned by Mike and Kiki Case of Glorieta Ranch. His dam was one of the few Char Echo daughters and of course she was out of the supreme broodmare Anchor Hill Hamla. Rare and fabulous breeding.

Glorieta Gazaal was a wonderful horse and a beautiful stallion. He mesmerized all who met him with his regal presence. He was a magical stallion with more charisma than ten other stallions combined. He was King and knew he was THE most special creature in which God ever blessed this earth. It was hard to see any other horse if he was around.

He was a bright light, a star that shined in the night. He glistened like he had a metallic glaze on his brilliant white coat. A Hadban trait which most of the grey Anchor Hill Hamla horses seem to have. His face was that of an angel with breathtakingly beautiful big black eyes glistening on a stark white coat. His head was held high at the end of a long slinky neck that he used to entice you for treats or a scratch on his forehead. He wanted to be with you as he knew that he was the only reason you were around. He loved to tell all the other stallions that he was here and he was the beautiful one, that they were ugly and also-rans. (they are also beautiful but you would never convince Gazaal of that) He was a super high energy stallion that was constantly moving, always fit and ready to go. He was very vocal , calling the mares and foals, talking to his bachelor buddies and arguing with them. A squeal and a kick at the fence and they would back down letting the old one have his way, out of respect.

I was the lucky one. I was entrusted with his care for the last two years of his life. I was able to breed several Hadban Sheykh Obeyd, Straight Egyptian mares to him for replacements within the Hadban strain and also within the Anchor Hill Hamla tail female line with one filly already born with two more on the way.

Jody Cruz and Lisa Busch were able to buy Gazaal out of a bad situation, saving his life. Then he went to his current owner, Marty Ryals who loved him as even more than I did if that is possible. I thank her with all my heart for allowing me to enjoy him and breed his last few mares. Jon Michael was a huge fan, funding all the beautiful ads for Gazaal over the last two years. Many people were going to breed to him this coming spring with 6 or 8 mares lined up already. Now his life is over. He lived every day as if it were his last. He enjoyed everything around him, full of zest and always a smile on his face.

Losing Glorieta Gazaal was a devastating blow for so many people. We know that the end is always just around the corner for all our horses but when you have a stallion that is spunky and healthy you just don't expect it. It was a shock and one that we will not get over in any short time.

He was buried next to his sister, Glorieta Dalima. It is my hope that the two of them are running the green fields of horse heaven along with their famous sire and dams.
Cyglenda Miller
I am so sorry to hear about Gazaal. I thought he was one of the most beautiful stallions on earth from the photos I saw. I could gaze at his photos all day long. He is one that I would have loved to have seen in person.

Kimberly, your tribute was so touching and so well written. You are very lucky to have been chosen to be a care taker for this gorgeous boy.

May God bless you and all who loved him.

Cyglenda
HLM
Also we are so sory to hear about his passing.
He now has joined many grat ones in greener pasture.

My condolences to the owners. Kimberly you were fortunate to have him for a little while. Hopefully there wil be some of his foals born this year.

Warm regards biggrin.gif
Hansi and Bill
Serenity Arabian Farms
jillerisman
Dear Kim,

My sincerest condolences. He was a magnificent horse
and is a great loss to us all.

Please accept some long distance hugs from Monte and I.

Warmest Regards,

Jill
Clothilde
So sorry to hear his loss...
I was very fortunate to see him this summer and hope his foals will have a great future among SE breeders.
here is a picture i took in july.
ElNisr88
What a loss!! Kimberli, I am so sorry that you had to go through this and am so happy that you were able to give him a loving home the last few years. He truly was a magnificent horse. My heartfelt sympathy is with everyone whom was touched by Gazaal.

David L. Myers
Renaissance Arabians
Ladypurr
Dear Kimerli,

Your eulogy for this great stallion is lovely!

Look to the Heavens and you will find a particularly bright star twinkling in the indigo sky--it is Gazaal!

May God grant you peace and understanding. May you treasure his memories for as long as you live.

With deep sympathy,

--Susan sad.gif
Robert 1
KImberli,
The impact that your stallion made will last for a very long time, as his foals live on, so sorry, he was a beautiful treasure.
Robert,
Echo Hill Arabians
Marilee
Kimberli--are you coming to Vegas in April? Would love to see footage of your 2 horses recently lost. I have great video of Glorieta Monhalim to share. I heard he passed on this year too. Marilee in Las Vegas (My Macho REA and Hishah REA came from Julie & Gary @ Rainbows End in Arizona. I would like to see your horses. ) We especially miss those who are so rare and hard if not impossible to replace. sad.gif
chaswyck stud
Dear Kimberly,
My sincerest condolences on the tragic loss of your beautiful 'boy'.
It is not only a terrible personal loss, but one also to the arabian breed.
Better days ahead, you are lucky to have some descendants.
Best Wishes,
Lorraine
Australia
Heirloom Arabian Stud
Kim,
I,m so sorry to hear this news, may you be blessed with his foals this year!
not to take away from this subject, but how is Waheeb doing? I havnt talked to you in so long, actually to long!!

kindest regards
Mike
ArabianFancy(GinaD)
I am so sorry, I know you and Marty both loved him!! ((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))
Gina
Lisa
Hello my fellow forum members and hello my dear friend Kimberli!You are one of the finest people I have had ever step into my life and looking back,had we just crossed paths a few years earlier,this magnificent stallion may have been able to provide more offspring for your valuable and important breeding program,but alas,destiny brought us to one another when I guess it felt it should.I am not happy with the choice destiny made,but we have no choice but to live with it...

I am so saddened at the loss of my old friend.He captivated me the first time I saw him with Mosry,Raadin Inshalla,Ibn El Hilal and the recent loss of Prince Ibn Shaikh in the background.Here was this little stallion,with the most perfect legs,tiny tippy ears and the large,kind,dark eyes being playful in his pasture-I couldn't believe the movement I saw or the attitude of "look at me!", "I am the biggest,baddest,and most amazing stallion here!"...And he was..I fell in love....we had somewhat of an "affair' for several years,in which,I ended up with my first foal of Gazaal's-EA Masquerade out of my copper colored Rasmoniet daughter,Merata.He was fabulous-I lost this amazing horse in a show accident several years ago and the only real regret I have in my life is that I never bred him.I chose for him to have a show career and to be trained and that choice proved to be a costly one.

I decided,I needed more of Gazaal's blood when Masquerade was just two,I aquired an Ibn El Hilal daughter,that most advised me against breeding to Gazaal.I chose to ignore and got my second foal,EA Istanna.She has since proved to be my "baby" and I love her dearly.She is a wonderful mare,full of love,life and joy.I hope someday she will allow us to have a baby in order to ensure we have a chance to breed her lovely way and disposition on....she is so much like her father...

Soon,I was to come across very bad things happening to Gazaal and his pasture mates.I tried for a very long time to help them and to try and change the things that were happening to them.I remember going up to the farm where they were and having not seen them for a month or so,here he was,150 pounds underweight and the great imported mare *Masria,dead in a pasture.I had exercised every avenue I could to try and help them.Finally,I called Dr.Jody Cruz and he agreed to help me....and boy,did he ever....I couldn't believe not only how fast he came to the aid of these animals,but how much he did for them.We obtained EA El Ibn Masria(x *Masria) whom turned out to be the "little train that could".He was on his way to the "canners" to be turned into dog food.I had him for 2 years and sold him to a new owner that promised to never let the horse endure what he had already been through,and then after 18 months,disappeared off the face of the Earth...I am still looking for this stallion to this day....I hope he is alive,well and happy-I miss him dearly and I know he would have made his parents very proud...

During this same time,we acquired a young Gazaal daughter that Ed and Sharon Litizzette would help me not only save,but they took her for some time,then knowing how much I loved this sweet,caring and loving mare that has her father's zest for life,they allowed me to purchase her back-this was to be Laziz Hurriyyah,or "Sweet Freedom" as Sharon so aptly named-We now call her Sweetie,and maybe someday,she too,along with Istanna will bless us with a foal.

All I know is that Gazaal brought some of the finest people I have ever met in the world together-Jody Cruz found that Marty Ryals had always had a love for the stallion and allowed her to lease him.Marty was instrumental in his later years and provided him with the home that was wonderful,loving and caring-the little stallion that had at one time several years earlier,been almost starved to death,that hadn't had a foot trimmed in years,nor a wormer or a vaccination had been administered,was having the time of his life in Louisiana.He looked wonderful,happy,and full of life!With the love and care of Dr.Cruz and Marty,Gazaal finally had the life he deserved.... smile.gif

After Marty experienced some life altering changes,Jon Michael and Kimberli enter the horse's life and once again,he is offered new chances and experiences and he rises to the occasion-he sires more foals and is now the King of the Hadbans at Kimberli's farm-I loved seeing this happen for him,especially since I felt that he had never been given a real chance at ensuring the exsistence of his rare SOF lineage up to this point.I was so happy that he was now where he could do so.Kimberli had worked so hard for her SOF horses and in my opinion,to this day,has not been recognized for the work and effort she has done.I am so saddened to see the turn that has occured within the SOFI now,it was meant to help preserve these amazing horses,not become a tool of destruction to members,nor an advertising instrument,but that is another post.I just wish we would have gotten 20 more SOF foals from this beautiful horse in order to ensure the Hadban for future generations.....

If you look at just these individuals and what they have done for the Arabian breed,let alone the Straight Egyptian and the Sheykh Obeyd horses,you will see some of the best people in this industry and I think this stallion,may have,in his own little way,been a representitive of the breeding he encompassed and what these horses are all about-I have a huge poster of Gazaal I made back in 1997 that hangs in my computer room.I pass it every morning and every evening and I always look up to it and think about how much the horse meant to me,how lucky I was to be a part of his life and how blessed I am to have some of his children...

I will miss my dear friend that taught me so many things and how wonderful the Arabian horse is and always will be....
Lisa
Here is Masquerade...he is also my avitar and always will be.....
Ralph
WOW. Lisa. I kind of knw the story but not aware of all the little details. It's great to know that there are people like you, still in this world. You lift my spiritis and encourage me. Thanks a lot for that.
Lisa
Thank you Ralph!!You always have been very good to me-remember,you still are my best hope to someday find his son out of *Masria!
You should here the story about Gazaal and Eternity at Brigham Young University and how he won them over with his spirit and kindness and made a wonderful name for the SE here in Utah... smile.gif
How have you been-I have mised our chats!.... cool.gif
Kimberli Nelson
Thank you everyone for your thoughts. Losing Gazaal was very hard and I still mourn for him. I had to put his son in is run as I could not stand to see it empty. He was a great horse and a good friend. I treasure the time I was allowed with him and will treasure his foals.

Last year at our open barn I asked everyone which stallion they thought I should breed to one of my mares, everyone agreed that I should breed Gazaal to Zurhara Dalima. We covered her one time, live cover (as always) she settled and is due in about 15 days. SO, when you are here for the farm visit next month, you will get to see the result of a breeding by committee... I am so thrilled with the coming of this foal I don't know if I would rather have a Bint Gazaal or a Ibn Gazaal.
Larry M.
So sorry to hear about the loss of Gazaal.Judy just stopped by the house a day or so ago and told us of his passing, We visited with Marty and Judy a couple of month's ago and saw the horses they have here in TN with them. Marty spoke then of how Gazaal was in AZ with you and how she felt this was part of his destiny. I am sorry that we missed seeing him in person. He was undeniably a true representative of the Arabian breed and will not soon be forgotten...an amazing eulogy for any horse to have touched the hearts of so many people.
Pat and Larry M.
Kimberli Nelson
It is with the greatest pleasure that I announce the birth of the much loved Glorieta Gazaal foal. Here is Hadba Bint Gazaal born yesterday. Her dam is the Masada Shahwan and Glorieta Dalima daughter Zurhara Dalima.
calicoarab
Hey, Kimberli! A big CONGRATS on you new girl! Looks like she will be well cared for by your 'ranch hands'!

Sandy Wilt
Clothilde
So here is Bint Gazaal, so happy for you Kim!
Zuhara is a lovely mare now.
jillerisman
Kim,

Congratulations on Bint Gazaal --she is absolutely lovely!

Kind Regards,

Jill
ArabianFancy(GinaD)
GORGEOUS! What a joy she must be! I am happy for you all!!
Gina
Carol Cooper-Hall
CONGRAULATIONS, Kimberli, on your BEAUTIFUL new filly, "Hadba Bint Gazaal"!! wub.gif wub.gif
Cheers,
Carol
Kimberli Nelson
Thank you all, She is a blessing and a reminder of the beautiful Gazaal and also the beautiful Dalima. If you have a chance to come see her, we will be having an open house 2/18/07 at noon until we leave for the Johnsons and dinner just down the road.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.