Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2007 Foals
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - Übersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
PGD
Yes, Horseranch, two grey parents can have a bay, chestnut, black or grey. However, two bay parents (or two "solid" color parents of any color) cannot have a grey.

My filly, whose color is in question, has a bay sire and a grey dam. I was hoping someone on the forum might have some idea of which color the filly is, based on the photos I've posted. smile.gif She looks bay at the moment, but there are tell-tale signs USUALLY that will indicate whether a foal will eventually turn grey or not. My filly does not have white hairs around her eyes (YET), but she does have dark hair around her eyes and tufts of black hair at the backs of two fetlocks.

Anyone have a clue??

Thanks!

Nancy
waritsch
Hallo Nirwan.....

tolle Fotos, vor allem das auf dem Stoppelfeld. Lebensfreude. pur. Sehr schöne Fohlen.....

Gruß Tom
Paolita and Farida
Wonderful foals everyone......All of them are so beautiful, there is such a grace and elegance in all of them. One of my clients asked me to paint some ''Mare and Foals'' watecolors and so, not having (unfortunaly) a real foal of mine to show you, I am posting here one of these very very recent watercolors , perhaps my favourite

Please continue to share your foals, they are SO INSPIRING....

Paola
Echo1
Hi Nancy,
She looks like a bay to me. I don't see any grey around her eyes. I think a nice bay filly from Kenz Noor is great! You lucky girl . biggrin.gif
nirwan
biggrin.gif danke sehr, freu freu
TBen
Nancy,

Your KENZ NOOR filly is gorgeous.
Please tell me you will be keeping her!
JMO
Nancy I also know a friend who's filly was bay out of a grey mare by a grey stallion. I remember at the time telling her I thought this filly would be grey but they kept telling me she was bay, at weanling when I finnaly got to see her she was indeed bay. Look above the eyes and if you find a couple of grey hairs she will be grey but from what you are saying and by the photos you post she looks bay like her sire. BTW this filly is divine you must be thrilled and I do hope you repeated that mating. smile.gif Below is the bay filly I thought was going to turn grey.
BaileyArabians
Is this based at all on a JK Soraya photo?

Kathy

QUOTE (Paolita and Farida @ Jul 31 2007, 06:37 AM)
Wonderful foals everyone......All of them  are so beautiful, there is such a grace and elegance in all of them. One of my clients asked me to paint some ''Mare and Foals'' watecolors and so, not having (unfortunaly) a real foal of mine to show you, I am posting here one of these very very recent watercolors , perhaps my favourite

Please continue to share your foals, they are SO INSPIRING....

Paola
Paolita and Farida
QUOTE (BaileyArabians @ Aug 1 2007, 07:57 PM)
Is this based at all on a JK Soraya photo?

Kathy

No, it is not, the horses belong to an italian breeder who is my friend and client
I like this very tender pose, very maternal attitude of the mare, this pose suits perfectly with the watercolor technique to my opinion.

Tks
Paola
BaileyArabians
Yes I like it very much too. It reminded me of the JK Soraya picture, very sweet.

Kathy
PGD
Many thanks to those of you who so kindly commented on my *Kenz Noor filly, Bella Noorah - and I think she may actually be bay. smile.gif

This is a terrible photograph (it was taken long after the sun had drifted down almost behind the hil, and I was shooting into what was left of the sun), but I love how it shows Bella Noorah's personality -it's sooooo "her". smile.gif And yes, I am keeping her, but no, we weren't able to repeat the breeding.

Click to view attachment

And one more from today....
Click to view attachment

So many beautiful babies - and Paola, your art is lovely - just magical! Thanks for sharing that!

Nancy
Ellerhof Arabians
Click to view attachmentHallo !

Here is our first colt sired by ESPINHO(Espano Estopa x Mayana) out of
Focus Jaleesa.

His name is NADALL,dark bay and both parents are grey !!

Greetings from Ellerhof
PGD
QUOTE (Ellerhof Arabians @ Aug 3 2007, 12:17 PM)
Click to view attachmentHallo !

Here is our first colt sired by ESPINHO(Espano Estopa x Mayana) out of
Focus Jaleesa.

His name is NADALL,dark bay and both parents are grey !!

Greetings from Ellerhof

Nadall is beautiful! Very nice and, yes, obviously bright bay. smile.gif

Congratulations!

Nancy
Polar Arabians
Another foal at Polar Arabians:

P.A. Naizah (P.A. Shah Nigra x El Aszud)

A GIRL - AND SHE´S BLACK !
PGD
Beautiful black filly, Polar Arabians!

Here's one of my favorite black foals - the 2007 colt, AA Black Onyx (*Ashtar Dark Ali x Bluribbonbobbysox):

Nancy
Polar Arabians
More photos of our NK Hafid Jamil - colt P.A. HATANI JAMIL (out of ANSATA HAMAMA)

Greetings
Manuela
Robert 1
Hi Manuela,
I love your colt P A Hatani Jamil, who is Ansata Hamama parents, please. biggrin.gif
Robert,
Echo Hill Arabians, USA
TBen
Nancy,

A terrible photography?
I think you're too modest..

Have you given any thought to who
you'll be breeding to in the future? (I'm guessing next year?)
Polar Arabians
Hi Robert,

thank you for your kind words! Hatani is a little sweetheart and has a very nice character.

Ansata Hamama is by PRINCE FA MONIET out of HASBAH (by Messaoud out of Hadibah by Al Metrabbi).
You can find more photos and photos of her offspring at our website.

Here are some photos of Ansata Hamama especially for you wink.gif two of them with her Salaa El Dine - daughter Habiba Bint Hamama.
Polar Arabians
And one more photo for you.

Hatani Jamil at the age of 4 days.

Greetings
Manuela
Robert 1
QUOTE (Polar Arabians @ Aug 3 2007, 09:19 PM)
And one more photo for you.

Hatani Jamil at the age of 4 days.

Greetings
Manuela

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
THANK YOU, I MUST GO TO YOUR WEB-SITE, YOUR CHOICES OF HORSES AND BREEDINGS ARE TO BE COMMENDED.
ROBERT,
ECHO HILL ARABIANS, USA
Polar Arabians
For Robert: P.A. Habiba Bint Hamama (Ansata Hamama x Salaa El Dine) enjoying the sun laugh.gif
PGD
QUOTE (TBen @ Aug 3 2007, 08:32 PM)
Nancy,

A terrible photography?
I think you're too modest..

Have you given any thought to who
you'll be breeding to in the future? (I'm guessing next year?)

You are very kind, TBen. smile.gif

Yes, I have given much thought to future breedings. lol The mother of my filly is leased to someone else for this breeding season, but I am delighted with their choice of stallions for her and will make an announcement soon. Sorry to be so coy, but I'm pretty sure I know who I will breed her to next year myself! wink.gif Right now, I can only say that the stallion is an ultra-typey, fancey moving, bay Imperial Baarez son whom I will be photographing very shortly.

Thanks for asking. smile.gif

Nancy
Robert 1
QUOTE (Polar Arabians @ Aug 3 2007, 10:36 PM)
For Robert:  P.A. Habiba Bint Hamama (Ansata Hamama x Salaa El Dine) enjoying the sun  laugh.gif

Hi Manuela,
I young Salaa El Dine daughter, they certainly are few and far between these days and she is gorgeous on top of that, I guess I need to e-mail you tomorrow after I finsih digesting the pedigrees and the beauty of your horses. You have made my day seeing these foals. biggrin.gif
Robert,
Echo Hill Arabians, USA
Robert 1
QUOTE (Polar Arabians @ Aug 3 2007, 06:58 PM)
Another foal at Polar Arabians:

P.A. Naizah (P.A. Shah Nigra x El Aszud)

A GIRL - AND SHE´S BLACK !

Hi Manuela,
It seems the black foals are a bit rare and to be a fily this deserves a congratulations to you and your filly. wink.gif
After over forty years of having arabians horses we had our first black foal this year and she is a filly also, wink.gif she is what we call all (Pritzlaff ) breeding back in the states.
She is about three months old and a very nice moving filly with charm and beauty, when we get some pic's I will share them, once again good luck with your beautiful black filly P. A. Naizah. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Robert,
Echo Hill Arabians, USA
Washington
Nancy!
She is stunning. Absolutely adorable!

Linda
GlennVC
my colt was born 21-05-2007 a bay son of A.F.Barabay (kubay-khan) mother kupol doughter
Heirloom Arabian Stud
FILLY, born 3 days ago!

NOIRAM X HMT Sarah Sharafa

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Mike
Heirloom Arabian Stud
Sumerlan
Greetings from Sumerlan Egyptian Arabians!

Congratulations to all for their beautiful 2007 foals ... we proudly announce that yesterday, at approximately 4:30 p.m., our farm was indeed blessed with the birth of a beautiful bay filly by Farid Nile Moon (Anaza El Farid x GA Moon Tajhalima) out of Imperial Maatalah (Imperial Mahzeer x Imperial Nadrah).

Thank you to Karen Henwood and Ron Shimer, Sandybrook Arabians, for dedicating yourselves to the Egyptian Arabian horse and, for sharing the blood of this wonderful stallion.

Both mom and foal are doing very well ... will post photos soon!

Kindest regards,
Sumerlan
Etaya
Big congrats Susan!!!

I am sure this filly will be just as beautiful as her big sister. We wish you the very best and will look forward to seeing the photographs.

Kind regards,

Jennifer & Chris
carolmaginn
Congratulations Susan! Dying to see her photos!!!

Carol

QUOTE (Sumerlan @ Aug 4 2007, 11:02 PM)
Greetings from Sumerlan Egyptian Arabians!

Congratulations to all for their beautiful 2007 foals ... we proudly announce that yesterday, at approximately 4:30 p.m., our farm was indeed blessed with the birth of a beautiful bay filly by Farid Nile Moon (Anaza El Farid x GA Moon Tajhalima) out of Imperial Maatalah (Imperial Mahzeer x Imperial Nadrah).

Thank you to Karen Henwood and Ron Shimer, Sandybrook Arabians, for dedicating yourselves to the Egyptian Arabian horse and, for sharing the blood of this wonderful stallion. 

Both mom and foal are doing very well ... will post photos soon!

Kindest regards,
Sumerlan
Sumerlan
Thanks Jennifer, Chris and Carol!

We are still pinching ourselves this afternoon ... tomorrow I am planning to start taking some photos to post. This was a super blessing for the program ... Imperial Maatalah did not have a filly to carry on her bloodlines until yesterday. And, I have never had a bay filly and always wanted one ... have been wishing for years ... God is good and the sun is shining in Magnolia, Texas this evening.

Carol, I sure wish you didn't live to darn far away ... I would love for you to capture our little girl tomorrow!

Sumerlan
puregoldarab
I really enjoy this part of SE - so I thought I would take the opportunity to post some photos of our 2007 colts by Ansata Nile Emir (Ansata Halim Shah x Ansata Nile Charm)Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Bridgette
Jutta Kools
some new pictures of our Valerio colt

PGD
QUOTE (puregoldarab @ Aug 5 2007, 07:35 PM)
I really enjoy this part of SE - so I thought I would take the opportunity to post some photos of our 2007 colts by Ansata Nile Emir (Ansata Halim Shah x Ansata Nile Charm)Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Bridgette

Wow, Bridgette, those are really nice colts! Do you have a web site where I could see more?

Linda (Washington), thanks for your kind words about my filly. D

Susan - big congratulations on your wonderful new filly - please don't make us wait too long to see her!! smile.gif I LOOOOOVE bay fillies. wink.gif What a priceless pedigree, too!

Cute filly, MIke! She's sooo dainty!

Nancy
Sumerlan
Nancy:

Thank you so much! Am letting her unfold a bit and will post soon ... she's driving her Mom crazy at the moment. She was born about 2.5 weeks early but you would never know ... heard that the last 7-8 foals born by Farid Nile Moon have been fillies!

Sumerlan
PGD
Susan, I'm so glad your filly is healthy and hope she continues to keep her mother on her toes. wink.gif That is interesting that FNM semen is resulting in so many fillies, though I sure wouldn't mind seeing a beautiful colt by him out of a mare like your Imperial Maatalah. lol Glad you got your filly, though, to carry on her dam's line. Will you be breeding her back to FNM semen? Oh, and hey! Are you going to Paris with us?? Sure hope so!

Looking forward to seeing those filly pictures! biggrin.gif

Nancy
Sumerlan
Nancy:

You know, if this had been a colt I would have been very happy as well! But, I have always wanted a bay filly so I feel blessed indeed. Don't know about Paris yet ... still working hard to get mares bred this fall! Believe Maatalah will go to JabbaarElHalimaar this next breeding ... I just fell in love with him.

Hope all is well with you and your horses ... hope to see you in Paris!

Sumerlan
equaalba
What Nasser was saying is that " to have a grey foal, one of the parents has to be grey." That is a correct statement.

This does not mean that the reverse is true, that you have to have a bay parent to have a bay foal, you don't. Two (heterozygous) grey parents have bay (or chestnut) foals all the time, and it is not unusual. When this happens, it means you have 2 heterozygous grey parents, and neither one passed on their grey gene. With 2 heterozygous grey parents, you have a 25% chance of getting a non-grey foal.

With 2 bay parents, you have 0 chance of getting a grey foal.

-Laurie

Re:

Dear Nancy,
To have a grey foal, one of the parents has to be grey. Since you said the filly does not have any grey parent (I know Kenz is bay) so there is no way the filly could be or turn grey and she will stay a bay.

Regards,
Nasser
horseranch
Some new pictures of our Nur ad Dine (Salaa el Dine) filly (out of Aziza by Ansata Sinan) AR Majidah S

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

born 28-05-2007
Anne-Louise
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for sharing your baby photos - this is my favourite part of SE.com! Beautiful foals! Congratulations!
Anne-Louise
PGD
What Nasser was saying is that " to have a grey foal, one of the parents has to be grey." That is a correct statement.

This does not mean that the reverse is true, that you have to have a bay parent to have a bay foal, you don't. Two (heterozygous) grey parents have bay (or chestnut) foals all the time, and it is not unusual. When this happens, it means you have 2 heterozygous grey parents, and neither one passed on their grey gene. With 2 heterozygous grey parents, you have a 25% chance of getting a non-grey foal.

With 2 bay parents, you have 0 chance of getting a grey foal.

-Laurie

Thank you, Laurie, for taking the time to post that very interesting information, but I think people have misunderstood my post asking about my filly's color. lol I know that two grey parents can produce any color, depending on their genetics. I also know that one parent has to be grey in order to produce a grey foal and that two "solid" colored horses will never produce a grey, as well as the fact that two chestnuts will always produce chestnut (unless one of them is actually a "silver bay" which may appear chestnut, but will be genetically bay and thus, can produce a bay foal).

My filly has one GREY parent and one BAY parent. She appears to be bay, but of course, she could just be bay turning grey. I guess I should have asked the question, "What tips can you all offer to figure out (by just looking at the foal) whether a foal born bay - with at least one grey parent - will turn grey or stay bay?" biggrin.gif

I have always gone by these rules when figuring out the color of foals born to at least one grey parent:

1) A foal with white hairs around the eyes, nose, or around the tail will be grey;
2) A bay foal born with black legs will be grey;
3) A bay foal with black around the eyes will likely be grey.

My filly does NOT have black legs. Her legs are, in fact, fawn colored except for the very back of the fetlock where there is a tuft of dark hair.

My filly does not have white hairs around the eyes, muzzle or tail - YET. smile.gif

My filly does have dark hair around her eyes and down her back.

What are some tips some of you have for telling whether such a foal will stay bay or turn grey (other than waiting it out! lol)?

Thanks for the input from all of you who have posted so far. smile.gif

Susan, I sure hope you make the Paris trip this year - it will be FUN! biggrin.gif

Nancy
K2A
2007 Marhaabah babies are here!

Click to view attachment
owned by Chuck and Nancy Janosik out of a Dakar el Jamal daughter
Click to view attachment
owned by Mary Morrison-Bundy out of a Magnum Psyche daughter
Click to view attachment
owned by Jerry and Ann Riles out of a Dakharo daughter
Suellen Taylor
Looooking good!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to all on some fine 2007 foals!

Susan, would love for you to be in Paris with us! As for Jabbaar ElHalimaar MH..whew! We will be related, as Jallorah is in foal to him for an EBC 2009!

Nancy, I am certainly the worse person to ask about color.. tongue.gif ...last year a nice chestnut colt I had aptly nicknamed "Rusty" and registered at birth as chestnut, was gelded, sold and appeared at the Event this year..sporting a lovely shade of GREY...LOL rolleyes.gif

TOP Of The Hill Arabians
PGD
ha ha Suellen, you are so funny! Still think Georgia's 07 filly is going to be black? biggrin.gif

Yes, Susan - Suellen and I already have our airline tickets for Paris. Hope you can get all those mares bred in time to go too!

Nancy
Suellen Taylor
Hey Nancy..No, I think she will be the darkest of bays...but she is still very nice! LOL

Just came in from checking on them all..it is about 98 degrees in the barn, with overhead fans and each stall has other box fans hanging..the outside stalls have overheads as well..but checking on them nonetheless.

Lots of water, and watching their respiration..never been this HOT! sad.gif

Susan, have the hotel rooms reserved as well..you better get on the stick..and prepare! Now, how do I pack again? LOL rolleyes.gif tongue.gif rolleyes.gif

TOP Of The Hill Arabians
Sonrisa
Babies by Donatello KA born this year! They are gorgeous, IMHO!!

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Aish Osiris (xRuala Fa Daalima)

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Aish Ramses (x Imperial Baasimah)

Click to view attachment
Aishah Cleopatra (x Ruala Fa Daalima)
geertO
new pictures of Hawanem Al Safi (ansata safeer x hayat) at 2,5months
Sabrina
Here are some new pictures of AR Majidah S. biggrin.gif
stutteri svanemosen
QUOTE (geertO @ Aug 12 2007, 11:32 AM)
new pictures of Hawanem Al Safi (ansata safeer x hayat) at 2,5months

Oh, she is beatiful ! All the best of luck with her in the future ! biggrin.gif

Best wishes
Helle
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.