Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vegas Show
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - Übersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
carolmaginn
I just booked my flight and am so excited!!! I am looking forward to the show, for cheering for all the great horses, to cheer for my mare's grandson, for Susan Gilbert's stallion and for all my friends horses.

And I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and celebrating - "the big 40" together. :-) YEA...

And if anyone cares to purchase a beautiful filly for me for the big 40 at the show - don't hold back!!!!

Is there any kind of Photography registration fee does anyone know?

Looking forward to seeing some awesome horses!!
K2A
Go to the prize list and rules. I think it is $100 for anyone who does photography.
Just watch out for the poop in the ring! smile.gif
Liz Salmon
I too have booked my flight and hotel. I looked at Susan Gilbert's colt yesterday—he's looking great and is being shown next week at a class A show in Halter and Sport Horse in Hand. I'll try and get photos. He's huge too.
carolmaginn
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! We are going to have SUCH a great time!!!! So cool.

I'm going with a friend who has NEVER been to Vegas before so she is totally psyched. I have not had a vacation for 5 days in about 3 years so I am just soooo happy!

Carol
Suellen Taylor
See you all there!

Had my hotel room, and plane ticket....and just got my seat there taken care of.. rolleyes.gif

and Boy, am I excited! biggrin.gif

TOP Of The HIll Arabians
PGD
Kenna and Robert, are you guys going to be sitting with Chris A.? If so, we (Chris, Robin Rye, Kathy Wilson, Suellen Taylor and I) will all be sitting together! Do you know if Paula or Anne Riles is going? By the way, Robert, your wallet is safe (at least you shouldn't be tempted to purchase any sculptures... lol) because Andy is not coming! ha ha

I"m really excited about seeing Michael show Marhaabah! Is he also showing *Dakharo??

It's going to be so much fun - I've never been to Vegas before!

Edited to add: Suellen! Just saw your post - glad you are excited - we will have a blast!! biggrin.gif

See you there!

Nancy P.
Tous crins
I might see you there too. Any Idea how many SE are going?

Christine
Suellen Taylor
Hi again...have spoken to Marsha..she is also going!!

She and I have the 2006 Dakharo fillies..and we are BOTH excited about seeing Dakharo in person..or should I say HORSE! LOL tongue.gif

What a terrific time will we all have!! Someone from the World Cup office called today about my seat..I wonder if they realize what a lovely bunch of nuts are coming? LOL

Nancy, I will be gambling a little...haven't been since I took on these beauties, and not too sure how I am going to feel about dropping my dollars? sad.gif

Can't wait!!!!!

TOP Of The Hill Arabians
PGD
ha ha Well, Suellen, I will sit at your side and try to keep you from losing the farm! lol How nice it would be if you have the same luck you had the last time you were there!! biggrin.gif That's great that Marsha is coming too! ha ha I don't know how Chris will put up with all of us! lol

Christine, I wish we knew how many SEs were coming to the show. Maybe we could start a list...hope to see you there!

If you have a straight Egyptian showing at the World Cup, post it here. smile.gif

I'm pretty sure that Steve Dady is taking Kehilan's chestnut colt, Royal Spirit KA, and no doubt, he will have other SEs there. Who else?

Nancy
PGD
Ohhhh I just thought of another SE going to the World Cup. I'm pretty sure Leslie Nord is taking her new Gatsby filly, Gatsbys Heiress, to Vegas.

Click to view attachment

Don't know who will show her yet.

Nancy
Suellen Taylor
Thanks Nancy..I surely would like that also!!

But it is very unlikely...about as unlikely as me sending Dewey out with a five dollar bill for the Mega Millions tonight...LOL $385 million is just tooo much not to spend 5 bucks on..he can forgo his Latte' tomorrow. LOL tongue.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

As for Chris A..I pity the man..he will surely get up, I would suspect...all us women! rolleyes.gif

As for sitting next to me so I won't "lose the farm"...not to worry, but I surely appreciate your thoughtfulness! You more than likely would get totally bored, especially if I sit and play the 25 cents Keno machine....LOL...VERY boring!

As for SE's attending, I will check out a few people..and try to get back.

TOP Of The Hill Arabians
Marilee
What night is best for most of you for the Egyptian Arabian Owners' Meeting? After the last class of the night??????

We'll go with what is best for the most------Friday or Saturday. (Thursday is the gala and Sunday is go home night). Please let me know so we can get an idea.
K2A
QUOTE (PGD @ Mar 6 2007, 11:57 PM)
Kenna and Robert, are you guys going to be sitting with Chris A.?  If so, we (Chris, Robin Rye, Kathy Wilson, Suellen Taylor and I) will all be sitting together!  Do you know if Paula or Anne Riles is going?  By the way, Robert, your wallet is safe (at least you shouldn't be tempted to purchase any sculptures... lol) because Andy is not coming!  ha ha

I"m really excited about seeing Michael show Marhaabah!  Is he also showing *Dakharo??

It's going to be so much fun - I've never been to Vegas before!

Edited to add:  Suellen!  Just saw your post - glad you are excited - we will have a blast!!  biggrin.gif

See you there!

Nancy P.

We are going to be there! Almost all the Marhaabah owners will be there. We are bringing Denni Mack-Koweta Arabians to help cheer Marhaabah on! Yes, Michael will be showing Marhaabah and Dakharo. We are so excited about seeing Dakharo again!
Robert's wallet is safe for now...We are also going to Michael's open house with Denni.
We are getting ready to campaign our other Marwan colt, Mahjiiq, and our 2 yr old filly, Duette. We have premium seats which are open and directly behind the VIP seating.
Premium is first come first served for those with premium tickets. I think the whole Marhaabah gang will be sitting together. Look forward to seeing everyone and enjoying the celebration!

Robert and Kenna

PS
I love my Judy Norquist sculpture! Happy Mother's Day and Birthday to ME!

Ya Know, it's that time again smile.gif
PGD
Kenna, just thinking about you and your beautiful bronze brings a smile to my face - that was really nice of your hubby, wasn't it? lol

I think a lot of people are looking forward to this show! Chris bought us our tickets, so we will probably all be one big, LOUD bunch - of course, we will have to cheer for Marhaabaha and *Dakharo!!

Happy upcoming birthday and Mother's Day! See you guys soon!

Oh, and I saw new pictures of your babies -they are growing up BEAUTIFULLY!!!

Nancy
K2A
Since we're all related by Dakharo...
Cheers (lots of them)
In Las Vegas!
ambassadorarabians
I look very much forward in meeting many of you. And I cannot wait to see Marhaabaha. I have not seen him since he was a yearling.. I knew he would get better and better and GREAT! Safe travels to all... Tina Torry/Ambassador Arabians
PGD
Tina, it will be great to finally meet you in person! smile.gif I think you're right about Marhaabah - Robin and I saw him last July at Chapel - my first time to see him - and he just made me think of a tall, elegant, fire-breathing dragon! I haven't seen any of his pictures that actually capture his fire and charisma. Chris says he looks way better now than he did in July. I hope he does well at the show!

Sounds like it's shaping up to be a very exciting show.

Nancy
Dick
We are excited about Vegas because it will be KORDELAS's return to the halter ring.

We haven't shown him in halter because we don't like what is done to US halter horses to produce the hard standup.

The Vegas show is ideal. It has a veteran stallion class for 12 and older, he is 13 this year. In addition Johanna Ulstrom is coming to show horses and will be showing him.

He still gets excited in the show ring as he demonstrated at the Signature Stallion presentation 10 days ago in Scottsdale. If I could run he would have put on a big time show.

I hope people will cheer him on, he loves the applause.
carolmaginn
Dick,

I will be ROARING for KORDELAS!!! And you know I have an Irish whisper - so my YELL will be really loud!!!

Can't wait!!!

Carol

QUOTE (Dick @ Mar 7 2007, 10:27 PM)
We are excited about Vegas because it will be KORDELAS's return to the halter ring.

We haven't shown him in halter because we don't like what is done to US halter horses to produce the hard standup.

The Vegas show is ideal.  It has a veteran stallion class for 12 and older, he is 13 this year.  In addition Johanna Ulstrom is coming to show horses and will be showing him.

He still gets excited in the show ring as he demonstrated at the Signature Stallion presentation 10 days ago in Scottsdale.  If I could run he would have put on a big time show.

I hope people will cheer him on, he loves the applause.
ambassadorarabians
Dick it will be exciting to see Kordelas under this Judging system. The best of luck to you and Christine. And Nancy and Robin I look forward in meeting you FINALLY! Maybe a night on the the town with all us girls in VEGAS?? And remember, what happens in Vegas, STAYS IN VEGAS! smile.gif
PGD
I agree! It will be great to see Kordelas showing off at halter - and that is what I anticipate he will do - show off! smile.gif Dick, better practice running! lol That is the part of this show I am really looking forward to - seeing beautiful horses showing their beauty and spirit!

Tina, absolutely we will have a girls' night on the town!! Looking forward to it! biggrin.gif

And remember, what happens in Vegas, STAYS IN VEGAS!

AMEN, sister! laugh.gif

See you soon!

Nancy
carolmaginn
I'm looking forward to meeting you Tina - I've heard such nice things about you from Amanda and others.

Its always a pleasure to hang out with Dick and Christine - thats for sure.

Yea!!!!

Carol
Suellen Taylor
Yes, Tina...just realized who you were! LOL Thanks for writing about VERY Versace!

Looking forward to all of it..especially meeting everyone! tongue.gif

Carol..hope you are louder than I am ...LOL...whew!

Great talking with you the other night!

TOP Of The Hill Arabians
carolmaginn
Suellen,

We are going to have a wonderful time. It will be nice to see you at a time when I can actually sit down and talk as opposed to running around constantly. I don't know who is going to be louder - but we will get the crowd going for sure!

We are also looking forward to going to some shows in Vegas, and riding a roller coaster (there is a really neat one there), and also going to see the Hoover dam... Maybe we will even get some SUN!!! Yea!!! And I'd love to go dancing somewhere...

I only wish that Elvis was there. I was visiting with Carolyn yesterday, and she said the last time she went to Vegas - Elvis was there and he split his pants! Can you imagine! Geez..... But he was quite a mover of course :-)

Carol

QUOTE (Suellen Taylor @ Mar 8 2007, 01:17 PM)
Yes, Tina...just realized who you were!  LOL  Thanks for writing about VERY Versace!

Looking forward to all of it..especially meeting everyone!   tongue.gif

Carol..hope you are louder than I am ...LOL...whew!

Great talking with you the other night!

TOP Of The Hill Arabians
Liz Salmon
Don't forget Sumerlan will be there too—she has good voice volume and will be cheering for her colt !! He's looking great, I saw him this week.
carolmaginn
Yes - I will bring a bull horn to yell for Hassan!!! Ha Ha !!! Just kidding... He did really look amazing the last time I saw him.... I can't wait to see him now!!! Love those big huge eyes and tiny little muzzle... He really is stunning! Here is a photo I took of him the last time I was at Susan's. What a heartbreaker!

Carol

QUOTE (Liz Salmon @ Mar 8 2007, 03:41 PM)
Don't forget Sumerlan will be there too—she has good voice volume and will be cheering for her colt !! He's looking great, I saw him this week.
carolmaginn
Here is a photo of Royal Spirit KA - A 2004 Makhnificent KA SE Stallion who will be competing at Vegas as well.... Cheer for him too!!
Suellen Taylor
Wow...I was afraid I wouldn't know many of the horses or their owners...that is turning out not to be true..I am so excited!

I am truly looking forward to this! Susan, your colt looks super!

The VERY best of luck!

TOP Of The Hll Arabians
Marilee
Lots of interest. Any answers to my post of yesterday at 1:14-------day for meeting in Las Vegas?????????

Please read US Breeders again; my last 2 posts of today are relevant here to this topic as well. Thank you.
ambassadorarabians
Las Vegas Show Schedule

www.arabians.com
Gari
See you there!
Sumerlan
Suellen, Carol and Liz:

We are soooo excited about Vegas! Have been stocking up my change for the quarter/penny slots as I absolutely fell in love with the computerized little games and stories each one tells last year when visiting on vacation!!! My husband thought I was nuts sitting for hours at machines with little bells and music ...

We can't wait to see everyone and cheer for all of the beautiful horses! Good luck to each one competing! Thank you all for your compliments of Hassan SA ... can't wait to see him again. It has been amazing how much I've missed his sweet personality on the farm. The love of a stallion is so different than that of my mares ...

Will try to get my bull horn in my suitcase that has shrunk to purse size since Liz has taught me how to pack appropriately on these trips ...I swear she is a quick change artist ... puts me completely to shame. Ha!!

Sumerlan
Suellen Taylor
Susan..Can't wait..I think I may be as tickled watching you all, than playing myself..LOL

Liz, any tips on packing would be much appreciated..I haven't flown since 1998...and I was planning on comfortable/easy..LOL

TOP Of The Hill Arabians
Liz Salmon
Travel tips !!! Don't take large bottles/tubes of shampoo/lotions/creams/perfume etc. Put enough into small 3 oz containers or enough for the number of days. I usually take them in a quart size ziplock bag as well as prescription medicines (because of carry on regulations, nothing over 3 ozs) in case you checked bag gets lost. Visit the travel size section in the super markets such as Kroger, Walmart etc.

I co-ordinate colour for clothes—in the summer mostly blues and coral—slacks & skirts, one outfit per day with a change for evening (if necessary) and a couple of spare tops. I don't like to take numerous pairs of shoes or handbags, so I choose carefully. In the winter everything has to go with black shoes & handbag. I made Susan travel to Paris with carry on only—was that a laugh !!
Sumerlan
Suellen and Liz:

Running to appointments BUT just HAD to see if Liz responded to my teasing ... and I almost spewed my coffee because she DID!!! Being from Texas ... land of the big hair and gaudy makeup ... my hair spray and lipstick need bags of their own. Watching Liz happily walk around with the tiny suitcase while I was lugging my HUGE suitcase (for my clothes ... pack like Gilligan's Island is going to happen) and my medium large suitcase for shampoo, hairspray, makeup, etc... was just too funny! I would wake up, shower, get ready ... takes at least an hour without coffee ... and Liz, well she was done in 10 minutes. Swear her clothes have velcrow tape ... little does she know that I HAVE stopped with the eyelashes, nails and hairdoo which takes 30 minutes more!!!

Love you Liz!!

Sumerlan
Suellen Taylor
Too funny...both of you!

Susan, I USED to travel like you..but no more..getting less concerned in old age..LOL

I will probably have a pair of jeans and a pair of slacks with a couple of tops..and if you see me in same thing..be kind and do not say anything..LOL tongue.gif

Liz, thanks for the "little" ideas..LOL blink.gif

TOP Of the Hill Arabians
Meralee
Airfair-set! Room-Set-! Car-set! See Ya all on that friday!!! Mer
Marilee
Please see my post #12 on "Signs of Spring"----reference to our current Las Vegas heat wave if you are coming to the show with or without horses.
carolmaginn
You can order you se.com caps and other attire here:

http://www.cafepress.com/fotosbycarol
Farah
Hi, Nancy and Carol Maginn,

Johanna Ullstrom is showing our SE 2-year-old filly, Cedars Amirat Al Alwan at the Vegas Breeders World Cup.

I'll see you there.
Merrie Aiken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.