Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kuhaylan'ajuz Of Ibn Rodan
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Pages: 1, 2
Gabe
Hi all,
I was just wondering if anyone had any info on this strain/ wondering what everyone thought of this strain? If anyone has any photos they would like to share please do.
Gabe
HLM
Dear Gabe

Never heard of "Kuhaylan Ajuz Ibn Rodan". It is used when the line leads into Rodania i.e. "Kuhaylan'ajuz (Rodan).

Super horses come from this lines, supber athletes and beautiful, up todate.

Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms
2mntn
Hey Gabe - pull up the Bint Bint Riyala thread and check it out again. She was of the strain you mention - assuming that you do mean Kuhaylan'ajuz (Rodan).

Happy days! biggrin.gif
Ray
Gabe
QUOTE (HLM @ May 17 2007, 05:07 PM)
Dear Gabe

Never heard of "Kuhaylan Ajuz Ibn Rodan". It is used when the line leads into Rodania i.e. "Kuhaylan'ajuz (Rodan).

Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms

Yes the mare traces to Rodania. The way it was used was "Of Ibn Rodan" I assume it means the same thing. The mare is a supreme athlete and one of the most lovely mares I have had the pleasure of seeing.
Gabe
QUOTE (2mntn @ May 17 2007, 05:33 PM)
Hey Gabe - pull up the Bint Bint Riyala thread and check it out again.  She was of the strain you mention - assuming that you do mean Kuhaylan'ajuz (Rodan).

Happy days!  biggrin.gif
Ray

Will do thanks!
gabe
Allison of Talaria
QUOTE (HLM @ May 17 2007, 05:07 PM)
Dear Gabe

Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms

Hansi,

The other day I discovered a VERY interesting fact. We have quite a few Botswana foals going to the Egyptian Event this year, and I always print out (by hand) pedigrees for their stall doors--and add the strain.

You know we at Talaria are very committed to having good movement in our program, and I have searched diligently over the last seven to eight years for mares with excellent movement (more even than beauty).

Well, when I finished the pedigrees I realized that all but two of my Botswana foals were Kuhaylan ajuz (Rodania) plus one of the others was Kuhaylan ajuz (Dajania). And we are talking about over 20 Botswana get here.

Interesting--no? I just chose the mares for their movement,--never looking at their strains until last week when I did the pedigrees. Thus, I would agree most sincerely with your statement about the "super athletes" coming from the Kuhaylan strain lines. cool.gif

Allison of Talaria
HLM
Der Gabe"

there is no "Ibn rodan" as a horse, and certainly not a breeder. Indeed it refers to "Rodania".

Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms
Gabe
Hmmm, I wonder how I managed to find that then... Oh Hansi I thought I might add that this mare has some of your breeding. SERENITY SHAHRABI is her great grand dam.
Gabe
Gabe
QUOTE (Allison of Talaria @ May 17 2007, 06:28 PM)
Hansi,

The other day I discovered a VERY interesting fact.  We have quite a few Botswana foals going to the Egyptian Event this year, and I always print out (by hand) pedigrees for their stall doors--and add the strain.

You know we at Talaria are very committed to having good movement in our program, and I have searched diligently over the last seven to eight years for mares with excellent movement (more even than beauty).

Well, when I finished the pedigrees I realized that all but two of my Botswana foals were Kuhaylan ajuz (Rodania) plus one of the others was Kuhaylan ajuz (Dajania).  And we are talking about over 20 Botswana get here. 

Interesting--no?  I just chose the mares for their movement,--never looking at their strains until last week when I did the pedigrees.  Thus, I would agree most sincerely with your statement about the "super athletes" coming from the Kuhaylan strain lines. cool.gif
Allison of Talaria

I thought I relpied to your post yesterday but I guess something went wrong...
It is extemely intresting about your Botswana foals. First and foremost I want the movement in a horse to be nice. It turns me off if I see a Stunningly beautiful horse that as soon as it trots looks like its about to fall apart. I have always felt that movemnt is a BIG part of a horses beauty. I'd love to see a few pic's of your foals!
Gabe
Allison of Talaria
Gabe,

Are you coming to the Egyptian Event in Lexington? We will be there all week with a number of Botswana foals.

I've posted below just a few photos of some of his foals...

Allison
Allison of Talaria
And another
Gabe
QUOTE (Allison of Talaria @ May 18 2007, 10:34 PM)
Gabe,

Are you coming to the Egyptian Event in Lexington?  We will be there all week with a number of Botswana foals.

I've posted below just a few photos of some of his foals...

Allison

Beautiful foals!!
No unfortunanly I wont be able to go this year. I'm planning for next year wheither or not I bring a horse.
Gabe
Gabe
I knew I had seen the "Of Ibn Rodan" some where this the were I saw the info and also what it says:
http://www.datadubai.com/about-dubai/wildl...tory-continues/
In 1881 the Blunts imported the Kuhaylan Ajuz of Ibn Rodan mare, RODANIA to England. They had gotten her from the Roala.

and this was on all breed pedigree:
Rodania was a Kohejlan-Adzus of Ibn Rodan, bred by the Ruala about 1869 She was purchased by Wilfrid and Lady Anne ... Died in 1889

I even found it on a how to read a pedigree site:
Our sample horse, Huckleberry Bey, is of the Kehilan Ajuz of Ibn Rodan strain. ...
It is on several farm pages as well
Your thoughts are apperciated smile.gif
Gabe
SKM
Sorry Hansi, must take issue with you on this one. There was most certainly a strain (female spelling) which in full is correctly written as Keheilet Ajuz of Ibn Rodan. And there most certainly was a breeder named Ibn Rodan. This is very well documented. Over the years, as with many strain names, the full strain name has been shortened to Keheileh Rodanieh (male: Keheilan Rodan). The most famous mare of this strain was Rodania (named for her breeder/strain, she was bred by the Bedouin tribesman named Ibn Rodan of the Roala tribe who 'owned' this strain which is named after his family). There are other horses of this strain in other early western stud books (eg French) but I believe Rodania's is the only tail female line that has bred on to modern times. It is a very large family world-wide as Rodania had 3 famous daughters - Rose of Jericho later exported to Australia, Rose of Sharon later exported to USA & Rosemary who stayed in GB- who between them had many daughters and the family has spread all over the world over the centuries.

To quote from Peter Upton: Rodania was born circa 1869, she was bred by Ibn Rodan of the Roala tribe and taken in war from their Sheihk Sotamm Ibn Shaalan, in 1880, by Tais Ibn Sharban of the Gomussa. An old and celebrated mare, formerly the property of Beneyeh Ibn Shaalan, and the cause of a feud between him and his kinsman Sotamm. Purchased by the Blunts from her owner Tais Ibn Sharban on 12 April 1881, in the desert, near the wells of Abu Fayal, for £124. Chestnut, with near hind foot white to above fetlock, blaze to mouth, pink on upper lip, deep jowl, eyes showing white like human eyes, splendid shoulder, extraordinary strength. Wounded on the quarter, belly and chest, probably sustained in a ghazu. A somewhat uncertain temper. 14.2 hh. Imported to GB in 1881. She became sick and was put down in the winter of 1889/90.
To quote from Lady Anne Blunt: 'We had heard of this mare 2 years before we saw her on our journey through Nefud to Nejd beyond Joff in January 1879 at the well of Shaqig, where we met a son of Beneyeh Ibn Shaalan. We were told about the quarrel between Beneyeh and his cousin Sotamm Ibn Shaalan, on account of this chestnut mare which Sotamm insisted on having and managed to take by force, failing to get her by fair means. Beneyeh then had left Sotamm to fight his own battles with the Sebaa, in the course of which, last summer, Sotamm lost the mare for whose possession he had sacrificed a valuable alliance, who was taken from him by Ta'is Ibn Sharban of the Gomussa in 1880. She strikes with her forefeet and kicks too. Her strange temper may possibly be the result of having been knocked about and especially the severe firing she had undergone.'

I hope this clarifies things a little.
Gabe
Thanks
I was wondering how in the world so many sites could have the same info and all be wrong. If anyone else has any imput it is welcome! smile.gif
By the by does anyone know of winning show horses of this strain?
My mares dam and grand dam were awsome show horses.
I'm sure the Botswana get are doing well in the ring... smile.gif
Gabe
SKM
Hello Gabe
Because the Rodania family is one of the biggest in the breed, there are literally hundreds & hundreds of champions - show, race and endurance - worldwide from this family.
Just do an internet search with the words Rodania + Arabian and you will find man good articles about her and her history and influence.
Gabe
thanks again!
Gabe
Timur Can
Hello,I Have a Chestnut Mare out the Origin Strain of Kuhaylah-Rodaniah...Her Ancestor is Yashmak.Here a Picture of her!!..And Her Mother ...and directly Mares of Rodania -Strain
Gabe
lovely mare here's my pretty girl..
Gabe
Timur Can
Thanky,but you Grey Mare is beauty too,She have nice Eyes.From what Strain She are?Here is a Profile-Pic from my Sweety.Yes I knowh She dosen"t heave the beauty typicall classic Head.But Her Ancestsors ,if you can see have the same Long Head,whitout Dish...
HLM
Thanks SKM, you are right, I am wrong, dont know what I was thinking.
Hansi
Shamalee
QUOTE (Timur Can @ Jun 23 2007, 10:30 PM)
Hello,I Have a Chestnut Mare out the Origin Strain of Kuhaylah-Rodaniah...Her Ancestor is Yashmak.Here a Picture of her!!..And Her Mother ...and directly Mares of Rodania -Strain

Hi.
Our Makhsous daughter, Sousanna KA, is of the same strain with the same tail female line to Yashmak as your mare.
MM
Timur Can
Hi..Wow She had a big Reseplance with Rodania...Yes This Dam-Line is very dominant about others Strains...
Chiron
I've a dandy little reference book: Arab Horses and the Crabbet Stud which contains the Crabbet Arabian Stud Catalog of 1926. The decendents of Rodania are listed as "Kehilan Ajuz of the Ibn Rodan" by Lady Wentworth, herself. smile.gif

Here is a young stallion who is1st generation pure in the strain "Kehilan Ajuz of the Ibn Rodan"

Click to view attachment

The incredible motion machine SAKR was also of this strain biggrin.gif
HLM
Dear Shamali and Timor

Now I am seeing some substance and pretty good conformation , decent legs in that mare. she is a bit fat, but looks like a ver good broodmare prospect.

Timor.
Again, I am seeing decent legs etc, good hock action and substance,.
Could have a bit more pronounced whithers, but it could be the photo.

Now if you could find a stallion equal or better,.you both might just get something real good. Just dont lose what you got now.

Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms
Timur Can
Dear Hansi,well i would like a Foal from the Stallion Shah Tamor...but next year..I love this Stallion....just nexth Month My Mare will be breeding from Shaheer el nile
Wendy B
Here is Katera Jabaskk, Rodania tail female. I bred her three times to Magic Dream who is also Rodania tail female. Katie's first three foals have won regional Top 5 or better. One more show ring winning foal and she will be an Arabian Horse World Aristocrat. This line really rocks!!
Timur Can
Dear Wendy..Your Mare is very Beauty,...I hope my sweety Hafza,futuring this Line..But we all can see...Rodania is one of the biggerst Damlines...
HLM
WOW Wendy now this is a real good mare judging by the photo. Please dont lose that good conformation and elegance. Never saw one like that at the EE, ha
Some wanted $ 40,000 and up for some sales mares, and if such price would have been correct, which I dont think it is, yours should be a 100,000, eh biggrin.gif .

As I so often state, our smaller breeders have often better horses in their stables than one sees at the Ee or even Nationals.

Best of luck, give her a hug from me. What a treasure.

Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms
Wendy B
Thank you Timur and Hansi. You are both very sweet!

This is my foundation mare. She is mostly domestic breeding, a little Polish, some great old Egyptian and a cross to El Hilal.

Here is her daughter, Sweet Semblance, who is a Ruminaja Ali granddaughter. Her sire is Ali El Din (full brother to Ali Jamaal). This is 'Sophie's' yearling photo where she went Top Ten with an ammy to handle against the pros. We took her back out this year to Sport Horse Region V where she earned Top 4 in SHIH Open Mares (very good for her as she is just a three year old and the youngest in the class). She got a score of 80 in her qualifying class.
Wendy B
Here is another picture of Sophie, winter coat and all, as a 2 year old.
Wendy B
Oh, and if you have your June issue of the Arabian Horse World please turn to page 63 and see Katera Jabaskk's 2007 Gazal Al Shaqab filly, Gabreanna. We are really thrilled with that cross as well. Heck, we haven't found a cross with her we don't like yet. This mare always outproduces herself!!
Gabe
QUOTE (Timur Can @ Jun 24 2007, 11:54 AM)
Thanky,but you Grey Mare is beauty too,She have nice Eyes.From what Strain She are?Here is a Profile-Pic from my Sweety.Yes I knowh She dosen"t heave the beauty typicall classic Head.But Her Ancestsors ,if you can see have the same Long Head,whitout Dish...

She is a Kuhalyan Ajuz tail female and a Saqlawi Jerdan on her sires tail female.
by the way the classic head doesnt always mean dished... a stright refined profile is jsut as classic and beautiful as the dish...smile.gif you'll notice the black mares head is striaght but very fine and beautiful.... beauty doesnt always mean extreme..smile.gif

I have another mare who is Abbeyan Sharrak tail female but the rest of her breeding is mostly kuhalyan and from that mostly the Ajuz substrain. She seems to me to be a blending of Kuhlayan and the more refined Abbeyan in look.
heres a pic of her....(shes the black mare)
and the only half decent body shot I have of my Kuhalyan Ajuz mare (the grey)
Gabe
Georgia
She is a Kuhalyan Ajuz tail female and a Saqlawi Jerdan on her sires tail female.

I would always pic this strain to cross with my Saqlawi mares, I love it and my favorite cross.

Georgia
Wendy B
Georgia,

I have heard that before, crossing Seglawi Jedran with Kuhaylan Ajuz. In fact, I have done it with good success.

Gabe your black mare is very pretty!!

Wendy
HLM
Dear Georgia do you know how many different types in looks and body there are in Saqlawias? as in other strains? Please be most careful, look at the stud, the mare,then decide. Dont just only go by strains. We had tremendous success by using the Hadban Enzahis over our Kuhaylans and visa versa.But they all matched in conformation and looks.It is often said that the Hadban Enzahis are blender,s meaning they put on and bring out of each other the best. I can agree with what we have in results.

Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Aabian Farms
Gabe
QUOTE (Georgia @ Jun 24 2007, 09:06 PM)

I would always pic this strain to cross with my Saqlawi mares, I love it and my favorite cross.

Georgia

QUOTE (Wendy B @ Jun 24 2007, 09:14 PM)
Georgia,

I have heard that before, crossing Seglawi Jedran with Kuhaylan Ajuz.  In fact, I have done it with good success.

Gabe your black mare is very pretty!!

Wendy

The cross has had some wonderful sucess. Of course as Hansi has mentioned the stallion must always be taken into consideration. Both mares are in foal to a Hadban Inizihi with a lot of Ansata breeding so he is mostly Dahman through out his pedigree. I expect the crosses to result with some wonderful foals. Both mares were carefully picked to start my program and the stallion was hand picked to nick well with the mares good traits. Also where the mares are faulty the stallion can improve and where the stallion is faulty the mares can improve.

I'm terribly sorry that I dont have better pic's of my grey... she's one of those stunningly beautiful mares that doesnt photo well. No single pic I have of her does her justice.
Tanks! The black mare is my pride and joy she's been with me since 2001 just waiting for the chance to prove herself... smile.gif

by the by beautiful horses everyone... keep posting pic's! I love seeing everyones beauties!
Gabe
Wendy B
So sorry, I didn't mean the grey wasn't a beauty.

I have blacks (accidental breeder of blacks here) and I know first hand how truly and awefully hard it is to get one (1) good picture of a black horse.

Both your girls are very nice, Gabe.

Take Care,
Wendy
Gabe
lol I didnt mean to imply that you thought the grey was ugly! haha
I just know how breathtaking she is in person, it doesnt translate well into the photos or maybe I'm a crappy photographer. smile.gif

I know what you mean about a good pic on a black. Cant tell you how many I took before I got a presentable one! smile.gif
Gabe
Timur Can
Here are Pic from Rodania
Mike
Whilst breeding is a little more complex than simply crossing horses of particular strains .... biggrin.gif I have K Rodan stallions and Saklawi Jedran mares ... it works for me, though the stallions are very different despite being from the same strain. tongue.gif

Mike
Timur Can
well,im a beginner as breeder so i didnt have any foals before... i like the stallion-line of ansata stud... halim shah was sooo beautiful!!!! he had very handsome offsprings with different mares... when i was a little boy whit 9 years i get to rituel-circumcised and i was sitting of Arabian Grey Stallion...
Gabe
Timur Can
same here. My stallions first foals will be hitting the ground next year. They will also be the first foals I have bred...smile.gif
You might like to know that the stallion is largely Ansata bred with several lines to AHS. smile.gif
Gabe
Gabe
Wendy B
hey there forgot to ask the other day but do you happen to have a web page? I'd love to see more photos of your 2 year old. She's quite lovely. smile.gif
Gabe
Timur Can
Well,Ansata is for me the biggerst breeder about super Horses.. if you knowh,how many Fullsisters Halim shah had?..i knowhs only Omar Halim...he was beauty too,but it was sad his dead in germany 1994 before he have offsprings here.
Wendy B
Hey, Gabe,

Thank you, this is my favorite horse!! I love Sweet Semblance (Sophie).

I am not so savy that I have a website, yet. It is on my to do list. I just started a new job last fall (back to Boeing) and I am working 50+ hours a week. I love my job and the people, I just don't have any personal time. Waaa.

Can you e-mail me at summerhillsfarm@verizon.net ? I do have interesting photos and clips of the horses.

Thanks again!!

Wendy
iluvmyarab
This is an interesting thread.My domestic bred mare is also of the Kuhaylan Rodania strain. A few years ago when I first bought her I asked on another forum about the strain particulars and was informed that this strain is considered highly intelligent and can be somewhat head strong at times. Someone also told me that this strain is known for testing handlers as well. I had put this info out of my mind until recently.

So on last Sunday morning as I stood in my riding clothes waiting for my mare who usually self loads w/o issue (and has for a while) was adamantly refusing to get into the trailer. She isn't the best traveler but has never had anything traumatic happen. After a long while I'm feeling really frustrated and decide to take a break and go back into the house for some iced tea. When I come back out there is my little horse is standing in the trailer gobbling her hay as if nothing happened. I could almost see her halo glinting in the sunlight. dry.gif
I get her off the trailer and try to reload her w/o the halter or rope, just tugging her mane and she hops right in. This is after a couple of hours of trying to load the brat. So I try with the halter and she stops dead and refuses to get in the darned trailer again. I take off the halter and use only the lead rope and she hops right in. This horse has figured out that with the halter on she gets clipped into the trailer and so wouldn't get in while wearing it. I thought that was awfully smart of her although not even remotely cute. She is now back to self loading when asked now, with the halter on. I think we've got it all worked out.

When I saw this thread I started thinking about "warning" biggrin.gif I received a few years ago. Is the general personality/intelligence of this strain really any different than others? Any comments on this idea?

Oh, and if you happen to see an old gray Chevy pickup going down the road with a little bay mare behind the wheel and a very ticked off looking human back in the horse trailer- that'll likely be us blink.gif . God help me.

Take care,
Stacey

Mike
Oh, and if you happen to see an old gray Chevy pickup going down the road with a little bay mare behind the wheel and a very ticked off looking human back in the horse trailer- that'll likely be us  blink.gif . God help me.

Having stood looking out of my kitchen window, watching a K Rodan colt I had left 20 minutes previously safely in his stable with the "horse proof" catch firmly bolted, open the car door , tilt the front seat and then climb into the back of my 2 door BMW before making himself comfy on the back seat. ohmy.gif I am quite willing to believe that anything is possible! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Mike
Gabe
lol I jsut had to remak. My mare is the sweetest doll... when she wants to be. Never mean but she has little quirks. Like the other day. She's still what I consider green broke to the saddle though she's been being ridden for about 6 moinths with never a problem. We were trying to herd her yearling son up frm a back pasuture and I grabbed her becasue I thought he might follow. well he didnt and maggi acted as she never has before. ran in circles and did some little odd hops for about 5 min and then was fine like nothing had ever happened. I can always catch her bit some days she takes a jog around the pasture first. :0

lol
Gabe
Timur Can
This is Rodania...the Foundation Mare of this Beautiful Line...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.