Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Off To South Africa!
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3
zandri
Hello everyone

Well I suppose we can all hardly wait for that first foal Jake!! Congratulations! But even without seeing a foal of him I wont hesitate to breed to Djamil, without making it sound bullish, with some stallions one just know that that stallion will produce spectacular foals. since I saw the first photos and checked his pedigree I had that feeling. Ive always been one to give young unproven colts a chance, but with Djamil its not just giving him a chance, I honestly believe he will work well with most of our mare and produce something special for our stud, I have one particular filly in mind, Bin Yssuf Mareeg Saahirah. by Exlusive out of an exquisite Darius daughter, Metra Diana, although we will have to wait a couple of years since she is only one and a half. Our Darius daughter, Niha, 22, is now in foal to our Exclusive son, her grandson, provided her health allows it, I do believe that she will nick well with Djamil to.

So now we start counting the days for Jakes to post that first photos of that firt foal

kind regards

zandri
Jakes
Hi Zandri

I think 11 months is going to be a very long wait..... dry.gif But I have to forgo thinking of him as a breeding horse just yet. He is still so young and I just want to make sure that I enjoy every bit of him before the serious breeding stuff starts towards the end of this year and then possibly the show scene next year.

Luckily, he is starting to outgrow the 'nibbly gribbly' stage where he wants to test everything with his teeth and he is only a pleasure to work with. He will follow you around on the farm like a puppy dog.

I would really have liked to breed a direct Darius daughter to Djamil, but I think all of them are too old now.

Regards

Jakes
Jakes
Hi forum

I know there is a special post for new pics of horses, but since this was started as a thread some time ago, I thought I would update your with this new pic of Djamil.

Djamil is doing great and have settled in very well. Although only still very young, he is already acknowledged as 'head sire' of the farm by the other horses and especially the mares often come over to say hallo.

Pictured at 22 months old - photo taken by myself.

Best Jakes

Click to view attachment
Echo1
How nice Jakes ! He's looking great, and I enjoy hearing how he is doing. Thanks for keeping us updated, and I am looking forward to see how he produces for you. I'm happy to say, *Alaa Jabbar just had his first foal born on the 4th of July. I can't believe the day has finally arrived. I am ultra-pleased with the results. I'll have to email you some pictures. wink.gif

Kelly
Echo Hill Arabians
Jakes
Hi Kelly

How exiting about your first Jabbar baby. smile.gif I have sent you a pm, but am sure that there are a number of other forum users that will be very interested to see this foal! Is it a colt of filly?

Djamil's first foal is due 29th December, so we are hoping for a nice Christmas present this year wink.gif

All the best

Jakes
Robert 1
Hi Jakes,
Djamil looks great he is looking like his sire line more each passing day. biggrin.gif
Thanks for sharing the nice updated photo of Djamil. biggrin.gif
I can't wait to hear about your Christmas present.................... wink.gif
Robert
anucki
Hi Jakes!

It is always such a pleasure to see a photo of Djamil. He looks really great and i am sure that he will offer you a very special christmas present. My mare is now in foal too to NK Hafid Jamil, and 11 months is a very long time to wait.

Much Greetings!
Anucki
Jakes
Hi Robert

Yes, I think Djamil wil go quite similar to Hafid. Same dark coloring and I he will probably not grey out before at least 6 - 8 years of age.

Anucki, good to hear from you and wonderful news that your mare is in foal to Hafid Jamil! How is she bred? I am sure you will be so pleased with the foal!

Best regards

Jakes

Two more pic's of Djamil
anucki
Hi Jakes!

My mare is of polish lines Gondolier, Palas, Bandos ... and is ridden by a 15 year young girl in dressage and endurance.

Best Greetings!
Anucki
Jakes
Anucki

Sounds interesting. Djamil also has a polish tail female line through the Weil/Marbacher lines. Any pictures of her?

Great that you are using her as a riding horse too! biggrin.gif

Jakes
anucki
Hi Jakes!

I try to put here some pictures of my mare and the young rider. As you will see she is not that typey, but has a good body a great heart and you can do everything with here. So I hope that Hafid will give to the foal a little bit of his type and I will be very happy.

Greetings

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
AbshaArabians
the first Baby from Djamil El Absha is born biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
a fine nice filly

CONGRATULATIONS
we wish Jaco, El Galal Arabians/ South Africa
all the best with this sweet little Girl

from Djamils proud breeder
Miri smile.gif

AbshaArabians
QUOTE (Dr Daniel Wigger @ Feb 20 2008, 09:50 PM)
Dear Jakes,

he looks great! I am very curious to see how he breeds on with the mares in South Afrika tracing back to Darius.

hm I think this little girl goes back to Darius ...?!
Jakes
Hello Miri

Thanks for the wishes!

I am so proud of Djamil. biggrin.gif Finally the long wait is over and the promise that he showed as a breeding horse and the high hopes that I had for him, has been realised with the birth of this exquisite filly!

He has bred true to his pedigree and I cannot thank you enough for making him available to me biggrin.gif biggrin.gif He has once again confirmed my admiration for the NK line of horses, but also for the great of Weil/Marbacher lines!!

Yes, I think the fact that the mother is a Darius granddaughter could have played a part in prodocing this beauty!

All the best from a sunny SA biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Jakes
sheller
Congratulations on a beautiful filly.
Who is her dam?
Sue Heller
Robert 1
Click to view attachment wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
CONGRATULATIONS....CONGRATULATIONS
A beautiful filly.
Robert,
Jakes
Dear Robert and Sue

Thank you for the congratulations. It is always an anxious (but very exiting) few moments when the mare starts to foal and you are not sure what to expect!

The filly has to most amazing personality and have no fear/caution for humans whatsoever. She always stand next to you waiting for a scrach. smile.gif

This breeding reinforced my belief about the prepontency of the Egyptian blood. Even though my colt is not SE (about 95% though), he has reproduced his line and pedigree incredibly well.

Sue, the mom is my 20 year old mare of mostly crabbet breeding, however on her sire side, she is a granddaughter of Darius (Ghazal x Darsi by Hadban Enzahi) and I think that possibly played a part in the looks of the filly. wink.gif

Jakes

Click to view attachment
zandri
Dear Jakes

Firstly a huge Congratulatons!!!! She is simply stunning, gorgeous, exquisite and even in the photos her great personality is coming through. hope you will have loads of pleasure from this filly and I insist you enter her for the National futurity class!!!

Then a big thanks for allowing me to share in the excitment of waiting for your little precious, she is everything I expected and more. I never doubted that Djamil will produce excellent foals, his pedigree promise that and to think I havent even seen him in real life! Maybe Ill see him at nationals? Now i can hardly wait for Exclusives daughters to get old enough. Can you imagine what those matings will produce, with most of them having 3 and 4 crosses to Darius!

good luck with her

regards

zandri
anucki
Hi Jakes!

All my congratulations for this wonderful filly! I still have to wait.

Anouk
sheller
Jakes,
She really is beautiful. She just looks so proud.
Do you have a picture of her dam?
Sue
Jakes
Hi Sue

Attached is 2 pics of the dam, (unfortunately taken in the winter). She is not very pretty in the head by todays standards, but a good example of my belief that type is not just a pretty head, but rather the way the arabian horse carries itself. In particularly grace and femininity in the arabian mare.

The last 2 pics are of the filly again at 5 days old. wink.gif

Jakes

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
sheller
Hi Jakes
She's a beautiful mare.
Is she under saddle?
I have a 21 yo mare. I would say she's Crabbett/Egyptian.
I should put her pedigree up here and ask someone for sure. I haven't been doing this all that long & I'm still learning.
She is my favorite riding horse.
When is your bay polish mare due to foal?
Sue
Jakes
Hi Sue

Yes, she used to be my riding horse when I was at university. She was a wonderful ride and very considerate (i.e. when I fell off she used to stop dead and wait for me to get back on....) This mare's mother had Nationals colors in gymkana, so it's a line known for rideability.

Unfortunately, my bay polish mare aborted her foal during winter. sad.gif She is back in foal to Djamil again now for a September foal, so hopefully everything will be ok this time.

Jakes

Click to view attachment
Dr Daniel Wigger
Very, very nice filly Jakes. I believe that Djamil will have a great impact on South African Arabian horse breeding. You should reconsider the suggestion I made via PM a few weeks ago!!! wink.gif cool.gif ph34r.gif

All the best!
Jakes
Hi Dr Wigger

Thanks for your nice words.

Over the last few years there have been a huge influx of breeding stallions to South Africa of various bloodlines. It is now a lot more difficult for any stallion to prove himself and not to get lost in the sheer number of breeding stallions available.

Especially if a stallion is bred sparingly, which I plan to do with Djamil, the impact of such a stallion wil only be seen after a number of years. Fortunately for Djamil, he is the only stallion in South Africa of this particular line, which is a total outcross to most of the popular American sirelines currently seen in our country.

With regards to you pm, I definitely would have considerred this if only I had the $$$ sad.gif sad.gif

All the best

Jakes
Jakes
Dear Dr Wigger, Sue and all

Would like to share some new pictures of the little princess at 10 days old.

Judging from this foal, the NK lines seem to work wonders for outcross breeding i.e if bred to non-straights. I was a little worried that, if bred to horses that is not line bred to them within a mostly SE pedigree, they may loose type or refinement, but this appears not be the case? unsure.gif

However, because they are so much line bred, I suppose it can be expected that they will be very dominant breeding horses.

I certainly do not complain biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Jakes

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
NNagel
Congratulations, she is beautiful !!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
sheller
Jakes
Thanks for posting more pictures of her.
I must agree that this cross seems to have worked very well.
She has that special look.
Keep us updated with pics as she grows.
Sue
sheller
Hi Jakes
How is your Djamil filly doing?
Any recent pictures to share?
Sue
Jakes
Hi Sue

Djelfene is doing fine, thanks for asking!

She simply has the most amazing personality. Whenever she sees you, she nikkers and come on over for a scratch. I have never had a horse before that enjoys being touched so much! I have not handeled her a lot since birth, it's just the way she is.

Unfortunately, no new pics of her, but I will take some new ones soon. I promise you will like her even more......

Best
Jakes

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Dr Daniel Wigger
Jakes - she looks gorgeous - very much like her sire when he was a foal.
sheller
Hi Jakes
Can't wait for the new pictures - she's beautiful!!
Sue
Robert 1
Hi Jakes and Sue,
I thought you may want to see how * Alaa Jabbar looks now, next to his grandsire NK Hafid Jamil. biggrin.gif

Robert,
Claudia Fazzino is the photographer of Jabbar, I am not sure who the photographer is of Hafid wink.gif
sheller
Hi Robert
WOW! He just keeps getting more beautiful.
We've got to get to your place soon.
Maybe next weekend or the weekend after if you're ready for some company.
Love to see you guys again.
Sue
sheller
Robert,
How old is Hafid in that picture?
Robert 1
Hi Sue,
I am not sure but, I think the pic of Hafid is from 2008 and he maybe about 12 years, Jabbar is going to be four and this was taken this month. wink.gif
Robert
Jakes
Hi Robert and Sue

Jabbar looks very nice and incredibly similar to Hafid. rolleyes.gif I would love to see other new pictures of him when you have wink.gif

Sue, here is a few more pictures of Djelfene that I took yesterday. Unfortunately, the sun has dulled her black coat to a red/black color, but I prefer not to keep them in a stable simply for the benefit of a coat color.

Best

Jakes

sheller
Hi Jakes.
She is stunning.
I agree with you. They much prefer to be out rather than stabled. It's healthier for them.
Do you have any more pictures Djamil? I'd love to see how he is growing.
Maybe you and Robert can both post more pictures of your boys here.
Sue
Robert 1
Hi Jakes,
Good to hear from you.
Djelfene is really growing and is very beautiful, I like the pic's of her, what a great filly. biggrin.gif
Hi Sue,
We enjoy hearing from you and your pic's wink.gif
Robert
Jakes
Hi Forum

Finally, some more Djamil El Absha babies has started to arive on the farm - and a very special filly has started to grow up...... wink.gif

I attach a few pictures for those who are interested. Unfortunately, not professional, but there are no such thing close to where we are! laugh.gif
anucki
Hi Jakes!

Just wonderful! smile.gif
DS-Sharnya
jakes what wonderful photos of your horses. To me it does not matter what colour the arabian is they are all beautiful lol biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif
sheller
Hi Jakes
Congratulations on some beautiful foals.
Does one of them belong to your Polish mare?
I've been thinking about you and have been meaning to look up this thread
to ask about your foals. Glad you brought it back up.
Sue
Jakes
Hi Sue

Yes, the dark bay little colt is out of the Polish mare, Sidi Azalia. (He will go grey though) Typical of the Ladinn line, he has a fairly straight profile, but is otherwise quite typey and correct.

He is just such a personality! He is too small yet to see over the stable door, so the other day he simply reared up and put his front legs over the stable door to get a good look of what is going on outside. Now he is doing this on a regular basis..... circus here we come! laugh.gif

I am not expecting anymore Djamil foals for this year. His health has not been the best and we took some time to properly sort this out first, but everything is fine now.

Best

Jakes

sheller
Jakes
He is beautiful. I guess he's just a curious boy & needs to see what's going on around him. That's adorable.
Sorry to hear that your Djamil was having probems, but glad to hear you have it under control.
Can't wait to see more pics.
Thanks
Sue
Jakes
El Galal Djewel laugh.gif
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

And for the critics that says certain horses are only good for pasture ornaments, whatch this space....... wink.gif,
Click to view attachment
sheller
Just beautiful Jakes
Who's her mama?
Sue
karin
Jakes,

Wauh. I am impressed!!!

Love those pictures...keep them going on.

Karin
Jakes
The mom is Meersgeluk Bint Nadira. She is an El Shaklan granddaughter.

In the next few days I am expecting a foal from my Ghazal granddaughter, (picture attached) so watch this space! This will be a very special foal linebred strongly to Ghazal and Hadban Enzahi!!

Click to view attachment

karin
Ghazal plus Hadban Enzahi were in the pedigree of my mare. She is no longer there since 2 years. But I think they are great in a pedigree and they were great stallions. Who is the father of this foal?

Here I lost the one foal I bred this year but I am still enjoying other people's foals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.