Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prayers Needed!
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
elsbet
Mike,
What wonderful news!! Thank you so much for keeping us updated, and I will continue to keep you both in my prayers!!!

Beth
zandri
dear Mike and Mon Amir i was reading all the many posts about your beloved stallion it brought back all the pain we endured last year we realy experienced a horible year when we came face to face with the much dreaded african horse sicknes for the first time in our lifes we all love our horses and it breaks our hearts when they suffer i am so happy for you we will continue to pray that he will make a full recovery so that the 2 of you can spend many more happy years toghether best whishes zandri of south africa cool.gif
Perissa
FANTASTIC NEWS Mike.

Great pictures wub.gif

How refreshing it is to see a proper horse and not a thing on a string!
Zahra Bint Krayaan
isn't he gorjus biggrin.gif

glad he getting better
Heirloom Arabian Stud
I,m very happy to report that Mon Amir is still improveing, Not sure if i mentioned it or not, but both VETs say, i might be able to strart rideing him again by the end of this month, NO hard races, but at least i can continue our predawn rides and keep him in shape, had a 50 mile schedules in late Sept, but vets say "NO"
We wont know if he is still abe to breed for some time, But Ive got a good feeling about this for some reason and i am keeping my fingers crossed!

As far as Mon Amir being a "proper horse" I guess if anyone is,, he is, !! I,m not possitive, but I believe he has logged nearly 1,200 hours on AHA, FRP program, and nearly 3,600 hours life time achievements, that translates into nearly 9,000 miles if all he did was walk !!!!!!,,,lol,, This all in these mountians of N.C. and barefoot, Mon Amir is 10 now, and being slow to mature, he really is just coming to himself, and we have learned thru the many visitors that, IF? we can get people to come see him n the flesh, thats usually all it takes,
As you might tell, I,m quite proud of him, and i know in another thread a month or so ago, someone knicknamed him "HILDALGO" and to me that is an honor considering we are small breeders and he only has 20 foals on the ground!

I think, once we got over the inital shock of him being hurt, what he and I both missed was our rides, and he doesnt understand why ? And he is smart enough to know that when he is loaded on a trailor, that usually means a good ride is on the way,,,,lol We often get invited by differant breed clubs to ride with them, and because of his attitude and demeaner, usually comes out with flying colors and makes an old cowboy,, like me,, look good!!

I really do wish to thank everyone for all the emails, phone calls, posts and especially the prayers, It makes me proud to see the arabian community come togeather in such a way!

thank you all so very much!

Mike
Heirloom Arabain Stud
elsbet
It's so good to hear of his continued positive progress! It sounds like you both are very strong individuals, but much stronger because of each other and the bond that you share. Hopefully we will hear that Mon Amir is back to his normal self soon! Thank you so much for the updates.....
1rider
Mike so glad to here Mon Amir is doing well. Its nice to see all the support. KK
Georgia
Great news Mike,

Give Mon Amir a rub for me.. I hoping to be one that stops by to see him in the flesh the next time we head south.

Georgia
Heirloom Arabian Stud
Good morning,
For all of you who are still emailing and asking, Mon Amir is continueing to improve day by day, Still some pretty bad swelling, and this heat doesnt help, but i continue to hope that he will get well and still be able to breed mares,

Thank you all again,

Mike
Heirloom Arabian Stud
Perissa
HEAT!!!!!!!!! I am sat here in the UK with a sweater and the heating on while it pours with rain and the wind howls a gale.
Heirloom Arabian Stud
WELL,
Its been awhile since i posted, and because of the emails, i figured I might give an update,

Our vet was here a few weeks ago, over a rejected filly, and he asked to see Mon amir, much to my surprize, he wasnt happy with what he saw and felt in the examine, Seems we will wait till spring, and then check, ultrasound and then collect him and see if time might help heal him, i try and think positive, and see my boy getting better and takeing his place back in the scheme of things!
The vet did ,,, give me permission to ride him, and as a added blessing, he had another beautiful filly born the 22nd of Aug,
If anything should happen to him, at least he will be well represented with females within the Se lines,

I wish to thank all of you who are still emailing me and asking about Mon Amir!

mike
Heirloom Arabian Stud
Georgia
Well, so glad to hear an update.. hopefully time will heal all Mike.
He still has all his body parts to date, so a good thing.. and to be able to start your morning rides.. just might get the blood moving and at least it is FAR better than I had first thought.

Great news.. tale care and give Mon Amir a hug.

and YEA on the fillies. Pictures?? tongue.gif

Georgia
sarri
WOW Mike what ajourney sorry to hear that you are going though this .. glad to hear he is improving .. healing thoughts and prayers for a full recovery. BARB
sarri
any updates on Amir Mike???
Heirloom Arabian Stud
Just wanted to update everyone who has prayed for Mon Amir,

yesterday, for the first time since the accident, I saddled my boy up and off in the mountians we went, some pretty good climbs and some water, The first few miles, I kept him in check and watched him close for any signs of pain, My trail is about 9 miles to the river, and as well 9 miles back, doesnt sound like much, but these are not flat easy trails, one tough climb and several deep water crossings,
I tried to take it easy and just ride, but Mon Amir was pretty frisky and glad to be back again, i trotted him quite a bit, still watching for any signs of pain or any changes, we made the 9 miles to the river and his pulse was 66 in 10 minutes and he wasnt even damp, I took his bridel off and let him pick alittle and rested another 10 minutes and I checked underneath, where he had been kicked and all was fine,
I was quite happy, and so was he, and was very frisky on the way back,
We got on a logging road, about 5 miles from home and I breezed him in a light canter about 4 miles, he seemed fine and was up in the bridle and wanting to sprint, so i let him go and for the last mile, he blistered the trail,,,lol, I pulled him up at the small trail leading home, walked him a blt and checked his pulse, he was fine and hardly damp, remounted and he danced and jigged all the way back to my farm, i was happy and tickled, and quite proud, It was only 18 miles, but it was 18 miles well earned !! We were both happy campers last night,,
I checked im this morning, and he is great, no soreness,
Phase one,, of his recovery is complete, he has healed enough to ride and romp and still keep up with the big boys,,lol,, Now, come spring, we will see if he can get a few mares pregnant!
I am just so thankful, he and i have long history of raceing and romping thru these mountians, and it felt so good to sit in the saddle and feel that power and energy again!

I want to thank everyone again, for your prayers, you thoughts, phone calls and emails,

Thanks so very very much!

Mike & Mon Amir
Heirloom Arabian Stud
Desert Tag Arabians
Thanks for the update Mike smile.gif. I'm so happy to hear you and Mon Amir are back to the trails. Sounds like he was thrilled to go out for a ride. I'll be continuing to pray for his full recovery and that he is back to breeding mares in the spring.

Angela
Nadj al Nur
Great news Mike....sounds like you both had a blast. I'll bet you're going to see some nice babies from that boy yet too.
Cathy
Heirloom Arabian Stud
Thank you both,
i am keeping my fingers crossed, that he can still breed, he just had a filly born ,Aug 22, and shes a liver chectnut, Se as well,
We both had fun rideing, I know he was feeling neglected, not understanding he needed time to heal, ive been rideing one of his sons, but just not the same,,lol,
I,m just happy that he has come this far!

Mike
Heirloom Arabian Stud
Sha3lan
Thank God : im so happy for you ,, and for him smile.gif
Yassmin
Robert 1
HI MIKE,
GLAD TO HEAR THINGS ARE IMPROVING WITH YOUR
WONDERFUL MON AMIR. biggrin.gif
ROBERT.
ECHO HILL ARABIANS
1rider
Right on Mike both of you must feel good to get out. Ken
elsbet
That's so great to hear!!!!! WONDERFUL!!!!!
Marilee
You are not the kind of person to stick this horse in a stall for recovery. You know that the key to his recovery and yours is as much mental as physical. Good for both of you. I so wish that more horses stuck in show barns or stalls for most if not all of their lives could have but a fraction of what you describe with your horse. As it is meant to be. Awesome. tongue.gif
barbara.gregory
Hi Mike

You must be psychic. I don't get much time to come on line lately and I was thinking of you and Mon Amir and little Rocky at the weekend and decided to come on line tonight and see if I could trawl back and find this topic to see how things were since I had seen it and there you were, on the front page!!!

I am so pleased for you both, as we say, you can't keep a good man down and I think that applies to you and Mon Amir. God bless you both and I am sure Mon Amir will be fertile in the new year.

Kindest regards

Barbara
Jenny Lees
gbfahne.gif Mike so glad to read that you are back in the saddle and that your lovely stallion is well on his way to recovery. Jenny.
Heirloom Arabian Stud
Thanks again everyone,!

Marilee,
yes you are right, he wasnt confined to a stall but a short time, i asked my vet and he said it was ok to ride him, i actually rode him a few weeks ago, and he seemed abit not himself, the temps changed here and it has gotten cooler, and i could tell he was wanting to ride, And he did,, once we hit the trails and made the first steep climb, I could feel the fire and energy again,,,lol and on the way home, he got very animated, frustrated, wanting me to turn him loose, sometimes cantering in place,
No way to describe it, unless you were there,,lol,

thanks
Mike
Marilee
I have owned horses such as this. You describe it well.
JMO
Mike I'm absolutely thrilled for you that Mon Amir is back to his best. Congratulations on the filly's birth & she sounds like a " chip" off the old block being liver chestnut and all.....you described the ride so well I felt I was there with you. smile.gif
Cheryl L
I am so very happy for you and Mon Amir. That must have been the most exhilirating ride of your life. How nice to have your old friend sound and happy.
Cheryl
heidip
smile.gif Great news Mike, I'm very pleased for you both!
Heirloom Arabian Stud
Thanks again everyone,
I am quite pleased, i found out today, and its official, one of Mon Amirs, fillys,, a beautiful 2003, Se,,Ak Asil, SO was sold and is now in texas, awaiting transport,to EL Janah Stud,, in Kuwait,, I,m not the breeder.,, Brandy Wine Arabians is the breeder, but i do take pride in that fact that Mon Amir is the sire!
It tickles me that breeders abroad, can see quality, and we must remember "quality begets quality"

Lets just hope, that Mon amir is still fertile after his accident!

Mike
Heirloom Arabain Stud
Marilee
Congrats. Type + Athletic Ability. Yes you can have both!!!!
Marilee
PS---can you post pix of this mare, her dam, and tell sire and dam of the mother, so we can celebrate with you?
Heirloom Arabian Stud
Marilee,
I,m not the breeder nor owner of the dam, maybe i can coax her into some pictures, i just own the sire,,,and i,m very proud of that,,, i do have foal pictures of this mare, i took for my records i could share,

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Marilee
Strong shoulder and hip/rear!!!!
Georgia
My heart dropped when I saw this back on track..glad it was good news.

Nice, very nice.. Congrats.. it is both happy and sad to see on leave this country.
But, wish her well and many SE babies.

Are there any other SE foals in the USA?

Georgia
Heirloom Arabian Stud
I must say, this has been one of the best threads ive had here since I joined in 2003, first, the hundreds of emails and phone calls about Mon Amir, and now this!

Marilee,
Yes,, yes i,m so tickled you saw that, thank you!!!!!

Georgia,
i dont want to turn this into a "promote Mon Amir thread" but Mon Amir has 22 foals on the ground, and in 4 seasons, NO,, all are not registered yet, and only a few are mine,,, yes!!!, there are se,s mostly fillys,,,,,,The first 2 years i stood him at public stud, i bred him everything, every breed, as a breeder I needed to know how consistenat he was, good points,, bad points, what he improved,,what he honestly didnt, what he added and what the mare added. and what lines he seemed to nick with......,, Am I makeing sence? Mon Amir is foundation, old blood, a tight gene pool, powerful, yet close knit,, before i could advertize him at stud, I needed to know, and be honest with myself and with clients, Now,, we have an idea, what he can cannot do, i have turned many mares away, and sent them somewhere else, WHY? because the stallion gets the credit, or the blame, and I would rather produce above average foals than horrible folas at the cost of putting a few dollares in my pocket!

I love Mon Amir, and we have traveled to the ends of hell and back together, but he cant fix everything and he isnt everyones cup of tea,, but,, he is a good horse and crosses well on certian lines,,

thanks everyone,,

Mike
Carol Cooper-Hall
QUOTE (Heirloom Arabian Stud @ Sep 18 2007, 04:06 PM)
Thanks again everyone,
I am quite pleased, i found out today, and its official, one of Mon Amirs,  fillys,, a beautiful 2003, Se,,Ak Asil, SO was sold and is now in texas, awaiting transport,to EL Janah Stud,, in Kuwait,, I,m not the breeder.,, Brandy Wine  Arabians is the breeder, but i do take pride in that fact that Mon Amir is the sire!
It tickles me that breeders abroad, can see quality, and we must remember "quality begets  quality"

Lets just hope, that Mon amir is still fertile after his accident!

Mike
Heirloom Arabain Stud
CONGRATULATIONS, Mike, on such EXCELLENT news!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif You and your beloved Mon Amir remain in my thoughts and prayers!! smile.gif
Cheers,
Carol
Regality
Prayers answered!
Baraka
Dear Mike,
Having had such a busy summer and away from the computer, this is the first time I have seen this thread. I read each one, first with tears, then rage (trolls) and now joy. There is no questioning the power of love and prayer, which I think has been proven here.

We will all watch for the final report, but above all the most important thing is that he lives on, healthy and happy with his best friend - you.

So many of us can sympathize. This past June, my own Ansata El Shahraf was bitten by what must have been a very nasty snake. It was on the inner part of the leg, barely inches away from his testicle. He too had massive swelling, could hardly stand in the rear, and was very sick.

With love and care, he improved. The swelling took all summer to go away. I did collect him a couple of weeks after the bite, and he had trouble staying on the phantom. His count was down, but after another week or so, the semen had returned to normal. He went on to finish out the breeding season. I had already stopped doing live cover, due to the risks.

Mike, unfortunately, there are many people out there who have so much anger in their lives that they vent at every opportunity. They are to be pitied. There are also many people out there who simply don't understand how deep the love for our horses can be. They have lost something in life that we are fortunate enough to have. Yes, we "brag" but in truth it isn't bragging. It is just wanting to share this deep love and pride that swells our hearts so much that we must let it out. Some of the special moments we share with our horses are so wonderful that we just have to share the happiness. Unfortunately, often when we do we are accused of "advertising" and are totally misunderstood.

I think the responses you have had here truly validate that such a large percentage of this community do "get it." They know the depth of love and are happy to have it shared, as those in kind. We all are thankful for a place to go, knowing that there are people here who truly understand what we are going through.

Do keep posting. Do keep sharing your successes and love, knowing that your friends here will be in that saddle with you, feeling the exhilarating joy of the moment. May God continue to keep his hand on the two of you. Unquestionably, he will do what is right for Amir, and the outlook is good.
Georgia
Amen Baraka!! biggrin.gif

Great to hear Mon Amir has a good number of foals already... Still waiting the final answerd prayer at the end of your and Mon Amir's long road...if he will be able
to sire foals again. Still thinking about what hurdle is yet to come. with good thoughts

Georgia
Heirloom Arabian Stud
because I,m still getting emails asking about Mon Amir, I thought i should give an update,
As far as breeding, we dont know, and wont really know till spring,
As far as rideing he seems to be 100%.

On the weekend of oct, 13th, there was a distance race, between 2 rival clubs, here in the mountians of N.C, a very challengeing race,although not sauntioned, it was held and vetted, just like a normal AERC race,
I was asked by one of the clubs to ride with them, and i accepted,

Not to get into a detailed story, the race was approx 48-50 miles, 4 hard climbs, includeing one climb over nearly a mile, and 2 swift river crossings, one pass at a place called Harpers creek that involved about 300 yards of shear solid rock formation on about a 20% sloop,

Long story short,
there were 16 horses, started at first light, ATV point rider, and ATV drag rider,
I started dead last,,,,,,When I arrived at the finish at the base of Grand father mtn, I was 11 minutes ahead of the fastest horse, Mon Amir ran. the last mile to the finish, and because i let him...we had a 10 minute hold by the vet, P&R didnt come down,!!

I think it is safe to say, Mon Amir is healed, I,m proud to say, we beat the other team, and done it in 9 hours and 36 minutes,

Once again, I want to thank everyone for all the prayers, the calls, the emails and the posts,

thank you all so much,

Mike
Heirloom Arabian Stud
Cheryl L
That is sooooo wonderful Mike.
Maybe in the spring there will be another miracle.
Cheryl
Georgia
Wow Mike, Great news!! Congrats..

Georgia
Nadj al Nur
That really IS great, Mike. So glad he is doing well.....and I've still got that nickle that says he will be up for the job in the spring too....
Cathy
barbara.gregory
I am so pleased for you and Mon Amir, Mike, a pair of true heroes.

As for his being fertile, I am sure he will be. The stallion I told you about in England who suffered a similar injury (was touch and go whether he had to have a testicle removed) was fine and has sired foals since.

All the best.

Barbara
gbfahne.gif
Seglavi
Mike and Mon Amir,
Congratulations on making it through life's hurdles and winding up still together and loving each other. I too hope he recovers and is able to breed again, he sounds like a mighty horse.
Pam
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.