Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Founder Of Bentwood Farms, Has Passed Away
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
gwasurr
Jarrell Franklin McCracken passed away Nov. 7, 2007, after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease. He was an amazing man who was truly a winner at the game of life. You may view his obituary and leave your condolences at the following:

http://www.legacy.com/WacoTrib/Obituaries....rsonId=97618570
Marilee
I heard him speak about bloodlines at the Egyptian Event in 1985 as one of the forum moderators. Also if you have or can get the Bentwood Farm videos, there you will see his knowledge of and passion for the horses he loved.
Egyptian Star
I have seen some of the Bentwood Sale video, but never the Bentwood Farm video. Does anyone have a copy to share? Would love to see more of the horses. I have a Brentwood Mare with me now AK Tiffara (Moniet El Sharaf x Tiffara) 22 years young and in foal to El Rameekh Amir. Even the Vet couldn't belief she was 22, looks and acts like a 14 year old. :rolleyes:
Marilee
Found the video on The Pyramid Society website just now.
HLM
I am terribly sorry to hear of JarrelMcCracken's passing. I knew him alost 40 years. A kind man, helping so many other people. A mentor to many, a fair and understanding man. Although highly successful in his life, he only showed humbleness to others. He loved sharing. Indeed a man with great compassion.

It is sad to know that again two great men follow each other into heaven so close in time, Doug Marshall and Jarrell McCracken, who were also such good friends.
Both gave us so much as far as the Straight Egyptians are concerned, taught us a lot and reminded us ever so often how to preserve the SEs.

My condolences go to his family, especially to his wife Judith and Lisa his daughter.

May God bless them all

Bill and Hansi Melnyk
Serenity Arabian Farms
Egyptian Star
Thank You Marilee. I will order that one.

It is sad to see the old times leaving us in mind and spirit. They knew so much and gave to the Straight Egyptian World timeless treasures.

I am glad that Hansi is with us to share some of her knowledge of the ole
lines that made such an impact on the breed. Thank You Hansi, may you be with us for many more years.

ES
aliaalhussein
Very sad to hear of his passing. Alzheimer's is quite distressing for all, and I pray that he is now at Peace . My condolences and sympathies to his family and friends. Sincerely, Alia
Carol Cooper-Hall
My thoughts and prayers are with all the family, friends and many loved ones on the passing of a GREAT man, Jarrell Franklin McCracken. sad.gif
Carol

A HORSEMAN'S PRAYER

Dearest God in heaven,
Give me the strength to guide my horse.
Make my hands soft and my head clear,
Let my horse understand me, and I him.
My heart You have blessed with a special love for these animals,
Let me never lose sight of it.
My soul You have gifted with a deep need for them,
Let that never lessen.
Always let my breath catch as the sun gleams on an elegant head,
Always may my throat tighten at the sound of a gentle nicker.
Let the scent of fresh hay and a new bag of grain always be sweet to me,
Let the touch of a warm nose on my hand always bring a smile.
I adore the joy of a warm day on the farm,
The grace and splendor of a running horse.
The thunder of its hooves makes my eyes burn and my heart soar,
Let it always be so.
Dearest God, grant me patience,
For horses are harnessed wind and wind can be flighty.
Let me not frighten or harm them,
Instead show me ways to understand.
Above all Dear God, fill my life with them,
I am not whole without them.
When I pass from this world, send my soul to no heaven without them,
For this love You have given me graces my existence.
I shall cherish it and praise You for it for all time,
Amen

-Author Unknown-
Cheryl L
What a lovely prayer Carol.
If fits the loss of a true horseman, such as Jarrel.
My condolences to his family.
Cheryl
Nasr
Dear Lisa and Family ,
Great loss to all of us. My deepest sympathies and condolences .
Nasr Marei
Ralph
I will never forget my visit to Bentwood and the incredible horses I met. And I will always be grateful to Jarrel McCracken for the opportunity to meet horses like Prince Fa Moniet and Ansata Abbas Pasha in one place. How wonderful it is to marvel over how one man's dream became the fuel to encourage and inspire the dreams of so many different people.
Bandit
Im sorry to hear your father has died Lisa.

His body might be gone but Im sure some of the best of him still lives on thru you and the people who loved him.
AllieP
I'm so sorry to hear of this devastating loss for dear sweet Lisa. She is an invaluable member of our community and a soul friend.

Mr. McCracken was certainly a pioneer and trailblazer in the Egyptian Arabian community. My prayers are with the whole family.

Love,
Allison
Fatma Hamza
Dearest Lisa,
I am very sorry to hear of your father's passing.
He was a great man. I am sure that his immense love and devotion
for the Arabian will be one of his main paths to Paradise. May his soul rest
in Eternal Peace.

Our sincerest condolences to you, your mother, and family.

Fatma & Alya'a
Abbasiyah
Dear Lisa,

Our sincere condolences to you and your family.

Judi and Al Parks
Oliver
Dear Lisa,

our condolences to you and your whole family.
Your father meant so much for many of us around the globe.
He will always be remembered.

Aleksi & Oliver
Kat
My prays go out to you Lisa, family and friends. Jarrel McCracken was a brilliant and great horseman. I never got the opportunity to meet him or see Bentwood, my travels have never taken me to Texas, yet. So sad, would have loved to talk to him about AK Shah Moniet. With out this great breeder, their would have never been AK Najib Pasha the corner stone of my breeding program. Every time I see an AK in a pedigree I am glued to my research books. Jarrel had a great foresight for performance in his breeding program. His horses could kick butt with the non straights in the ring. When was the last time you seen a Straight Egyptian at Scottsdale in the English Pleasure class and win!!!! Jarrel McCracken is a Legend.
Kat
Marilee
Dear Kat, I saw AK Shah Moniet at Scottsdale when he was a young horse, just under saddle. He was wonderful. So typy and such strong movement from the shoulder and the hip/rear. I know that Hansi has this horse in her stallion's bloodline too. The sire of my mare I just lost at 26 was AK El Maleek (*Refky X Fa Halima), and that horse only produced a few foals before an early loss. Did you get the Bentwood video? It is excellent. I saw your Pasha in magazine ads years ago and really admired him. A great horse.
Kat
Dear Marilee, no I don't have the Bentwood video yet but soon. This year at the EE I bought all the Egyptian hand books and it came to $375.00 so I asked them to throw in the Bentwood video and they laughed, I didn't. When I have more time this winter I will start a forum on AK Najib Pasha and show you the photos I took of him over the years and also his beautiful kids. Pasha has laminitis and that was why his show career was cut short. This great stallion should have his Legion of Merit or more, he was so close. I got the opportunity to ride him a couple of times and this inspired me to write a poem about him. Later we should start a forum on all the greats that were bred at Bentwood or have they already biggrin.gif .
Have a great even,
Kat
Marilee
Today The Pyramid Society sent us all a wonderful tribute called "The Pyramid Society Mourns the Passing of Two Former Presidents and Trustees----Jarrel McCracken and Douglas Marshall."

Perhaps we could get permission to reprint it here?

I will see if it is already on their website.
Lisa Lacy
Dear Friends,

Thank you all for your kind words and remembrances about my father. He always loved and enjoyed the Egyptian Arabian horse and the community of admirers that surrounded it. My family and I miss him, even though his illness took him away from us several years ago. We wish you all a happy holiday season.

Lisa Lacy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.