Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help With Egyptian Pedigrees
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
soquilichi
Hi I am a new member from australia

I have recently purchased an egyptian stallion and now my first mare for him.

His name is Talika Shahn from Simeon Sochain and Simeon Sadik

Now I am asking if anyone knows whether the mare I have bought has much egyptian blood,I have been given many different opinionns.

Her Sire is Simeon Shoshan from Asfour and Ramses Malaka

(To my knowledge he is egytptian but I am told otherwise?)

Her Dam is CEARADALE NAPHTALI from Sabtah Sahiba and Pearsons Statistic

Any help would be much appreciated smile.gif
Nadj al Nur
Ramses Malaka has a line to Fol Yasmeen, who is not considered SE bacause of his line to Registan. This is the only line preventing her from having SE status.
Cearadale Naphtali is mostly Crabbet blood with some egyptian and a few other lines as well, so just at a rough estimate, I would say that your mare is a little over half egyptian.
Hope this helps.
Cathy
tiawarra
Congratulations on your purchase of Shahn. One of my mares was due to foal to him this season, sadly she has either slipped or reabsorbed. I was quite impressed with this young stallion!

I havent gone into the pedigree of your mare, but as Cathy has already stated, Shoshan isnt SE. I'll try to get time to sit down with her pedigree & work out a % for you.

All the best with Shahn, I look forward to seeing news about him from time to time.

By the way.......Welcome to SE.com!

Kind regards............Debbie
Carol Cooper-Hall
WELCOME and CONGRATULATIONS on your new stallion, Talika Shahn!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I thought I would provide you with the extended pedigrees of his sire and dam so our members can give you their comments! Wishing you all the best!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Cheers,
Carol
soquilichi
Thanks any help is greatly appreciated,would you belive I found the mare at the doggers yard wink.gif
diane
QUOTE (Carol Cooper-Hall @ Nov 30 2007, 07:57 AM)
WELCOME and CONGRATULATIONS on your new stallion, Talika Shahn!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I thought I would provide you with the extended pedigrees of his sire and dam so our members can give you their comments! Wishing you all the best!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
Cheers,† Carol

Almost right, Carol biggrin.gif Simeon Sochain would be the grandsire not the sire of Talika Shahn's foal from Ceradale Naphtali.

Here is Shahn's webpage from the Talika website. Lots of information including a strain based western pedigree and photo history. The strains are represented by colours.

soquilichi... some of your lines will be similar to mine smile.gif Waterford Natasha is a full sister to Hamil.

Best wishes, a picture of Shahn as a foal...
Carol Cooper-Hall
QUOTE (diane @ Nov 29 2007, 06:40 PM)
Almost right, Carol  biggrin.gif  Simeon Sochain would be the grandsire not the sire of Talika Shahn's foal from Ceradale Naphtali.

Oops! wacko.gif Thanks for letting me know Diane!!! wink.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Cheers,
Carol
soquilichi
Thanks for the help

Yes I already know a fair bit about Talika Shahn and his pedigree I was actually searching for information on my new mare

"Jazz Rah Shashoni'

Sire:Simeon Shoshani
Dam:Ceradale Naphtali

I am trying to determine what percentage egyptian she would be.
Carol Cooper-Hall
Below is an extended pedigree on your mare, Jazz Rah Shashoni (it's actually the same pedigrees as in my post #4 above only with your mare's name). I hope this helps? wink.gif
Cheers,
Carol
reidfm
Hi soquilichi from Australia, Don't send me to the "dogger's yard" for this inaccuracy. Your new mare is 100% minus:
Skowronek at 10 generations @ 50% = -0.09375
Rikhana at 5 generations @ 70%= -0.9375
Nasula at 4 generations @ 0% = -6.25 So she's about 92.71875 % Egyptian
Best Wishes, Floyd Reid
soquilichi
Ooh my god I never expected her to be that high, wow I guess I was lucky, thanks so much!!!!!
soquilichi
I also just acquired Myrimbah Nakala dont suppose anyone can perecntage her?
soquilichi
Also if anyone is extremely bored I would love to know what percentages egyptian these horses are of mine.

ZEEHAN RAASHIO
GALIFREY SABRE
CHAZAR SCHAMILLIA

AND I HAVE A COLT FROM SILVER DOMAGE AND ELITE MONARCH(FOAL RECORDED)

SO if anyones bored smile.gif biggrin.gif
Mr Prospector
Whatever percentage or what, you have got yourself some very good Aussie breeding. Congratulations. Hope you will share some photos.

cheers
Karen
soquilichi
Yes will have to go through them all

Here are some pics of my stallion

Talika Shahn
soquilichi
Yes will have to go through them all

Here are some pics of my stallion

Talika Shahn

A couple of halter pics and one of him with trainer Richard Sharman
diane
unsure.gif Floyd, what about the other non sE lines eg Arjai Lucinda, Haladin and Napraslina. My thoughts and a very quick, rough calculation are that Jazz Rah Shoshani would be around 74.61%.

soquilichi - why not have have a go at doing the calculations yourself, its the best way to learn smile.gif

Generation:1 = 100%
Generation:2 = 50% each (x2)
Generation:3 = 25% each (x4)
Generation:4 = 12.5% each (x8)
Generation:5 = 6.25% each (x16)
Generation:6 = 3.125% each (x 32)
Generation:7 = 1.5625% each (x 64)
Generation:8 = 0.78125% each (x 128)
Generation:9 = 0.390625% each (x 256)
Generation:10 = 0.1953125% each (x 512)

I used the 6th generation on Jazz Rah Shoshani per the pedigree shared by Carol ( smile.gif ). There are 22 out of 32 individuals who are sE in the 6th generation. As you can see, once you start getting further back the percentages drop quickly.

Regarding more details on Jazz Rah Shoshani - why not contact her breeder or connections? Details are on the AHSA data base via the www. Especially if her connections don't jump in here smile.gif

ps - I can see both parents in Shahn, he's certainly grown well smile.gif
soquilichi
Hi anyone know much about this mares breeding and maybe what percentage egyptian she could be?

JODA JEHAN?

biggrin.gif
Oliver
Joda Jehan is 0,375% Egyptian.
diane
QUOTE (Oliver @ Dec 20 2007, 09:08 PM)
Joda Jehan is 0,375% Egyptian.

Oliver, do you mean 37.50% huh.gif
soquilichi
ooh i hope so lol
2mntn
QUOTE (diane @ Dec 1 2007, 04:24 AM)
unsure.gif Floyd, what about the other non sE lines eg Arjai Lucinda, Haladin and Napraslina.  My thoughts and a very quick, rough calculation are that Jazz Rah Shoshani would be around 74.61%.

soquilichi - why not have have a go at doing the calculations yourself, its the best way to learn  smile.gif

Generation:1 = 100%
Generation:2 = 50% each (x2)
Generation:3 = 25% each (x4)
Generation:4 = 12.5% each (x8)
Generation:5 = 6.25% each (x16)
Generation:6 = 3.125% each (x 32)
Generation:7 = 1.5625% each (x 64)
Generation:8 = 0.78125% each (x 128)
Generation:9 = 0.390625% each (x 256)
Generation:10 = 0.1953125% each (x 512)

I used the 6th generation on Jazz Rah Shoshani per the pedigree shared by Carol ( smile.gif ).  There are 22 out of 32 individuals who are sE in the 6th generation.  As you can see, once you start getting further back the percentages drop quickly.

Regarding more details on Jazz Rah Shoshani - why not contact her breeder or connections? Details are on the AHSA data base via the www. Especially if her connections don't jump in here  smile.gif

ps - I can see both parents in Shahn, he's certainly grown well  smile.gif

Hello Diane,

The method you describe is a tediously manual process. Can you (or anyone) recommend any software for pedigree analysis?

Regards,
Ray
diane
laugh.gif but the software takes the fun out of the equation!

A copy of Eva Dano's work would be brilliant... its the best that I'm aware of for this type of work.
Liz Allen
QUOTE (soquilichi @ Nov 30 2007, 03:06 AM)
I also just acquired Myrimbah Nakala dont suppose anyone can perecntage her?

Hi there

Sorry I just accidenally came across this thread as I saw the prefix Myrimbah and got excited. Nakali is mainly of Crabbet breeding but has a dash of Egyptian through Mustafa as he his around 7/8s Egyptian and was a wonderful sire and a lovely horse overall. Nakali's sire Pinaroo Kasim was a beautiful stallion even in old age he had so much presence and type to him. He was shown in halter and under saddle for many supremes. He is the sire of Myrimbah Mysterious Girl and Myrimbah Al Khass who won at the EC and Aussies mostly under saddle and at the Royals in open hack classes, Al Khass has also won in dressage at Medium level. Woomera Zora sired two very very good Arabian Warmbloods who both went Aussie champion (Myrimbah Talent and Myrimbah Atlandrea).
If you would like me to email some pics to you, just PM me as I have several as I have known Maree and Vic of Myrimbah stud for over 10 years now and learnt so much from them too, they're wonderful people and dear friends of mine.

Good luck with all these new horses of yours especially with that stallion you saved the life of, there should be more people like you around. I saved my first horse (a partbred Arabian) from starvation and I will never forget the look in his eyes when he arrived of the truck, walked into his stable to see all this fresh feed that was just for him...

Best wishes

Liz
Allyndah Arabians
Hello,

I read with interest the aquisition of your Joda mare.. did you get her from the Doggers as i have read that you have been getting some arabs from the yards ?? She has some age on her.. lovely old girl..

Lynda :-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.