Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Al Shahaniah Farm
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
AlineS
Today morning, German tv has broadcasted a documentation of Arabs in Qatar. Besdes Al Shaqab and Al Rayyan they've also interviewed guys from Al Shahaniah that breeds performance Arabs for racing and endurance. Does anyone know if they have a website around? I'd like to see what lines they are using. The documentation was from 2005.

Aline
C_Ma
The website is...

Al Shahania Farm

It's the most beautiful farm I have been to in Qatar. It's truely an oasis in the desert smile.gif And they got some really gorgeous racing arabs!
I have been a fan of Djendel since I saw him the first time wub.gif
AlineS
Oh thanks for the info! They do have nice and athletic Arabs. Manifik also seems to be very handsome.
C_Ma
Even though many of their horses is mainly french lines, they did (dont know if they still do) use a few polish bred horses too.
My friend got 2 mares from Al Shahania, one is by Djendel out of a Bask mare, a nice horse, not alot of dish, but quite a bit of type anyway! You wouldnt doubt that she is arabian smile.gif
The other one is by CR Pistol Pete, who is by the polish Pyton, out of a fullsister to Djendel. Less type, but a super strong mare that won alot one the racetrack...
I actually like the french lines with a touch of "something else". Maybe they are not showhorses, but very strong useful horses, and many of them are actually beautiful animals, even if they are not a headhunters dream, they are for sure a riders dream, specially the al shahania horses, as they are used both for endurance, racing, dressage, and just for a lovely ride smile.gif
AlineS
I remember the trainer of Al Shahaniah said, that he looks at his horse from bottom to top. It must own good legs. He also knew that many people look at head first and he mentioned that good legs are more important to him. As I've learned how hard the horses are trained I know why he's no head-hunter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.