Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fotos Of Carriage Driven Arabs
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - Übersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Pages: 1, 2
Ghana
Dear Forum,

I know that there are so many around, especially in the USA: the carriage driven Arabians! (But when I need pictures, I don't find them spontaneously) sad.gif

Would you believe that especially in the professional German driver's community the Arabian is believed to be impossible to be trained in the carriage? Actually, there are trainers who refuse to take Arabians into their schooling classes and send the owners home.

So please - give me as many fotos as possible from past and today to show how good our breed looks in front of a carriage!

Thanks a lot
Dorothee
Liz Salmon
Here's a photo I took at Sport Horse Nationals last year.
Liz Salmon
Here are photos I took at Sport Horse Nationals last year.
katarin
oli
biggrin.gif
Our Gharib sons E.H. Gabir & E.H. Assam
oli
..and mares at Marbach State Stud...

...and Saddam (Gharib x Senitza) at Schwarzwald-Baar-Stud

Photo: van Lent
USAMAH ALKAZEMI
MY JAMILL EZZAIN WHO IS BY HAFID JAMILL AND TH CAMILLE wink.gif wub.gif
Arabian Stud Europe
Our national halter champion mare: Atlantis
Amal x Ghazel
smile.gif
BasiliskBelka
We are going to start our 4yo black stallion in harness this year!

In the past, several people showed Arabs in harness in the UK: the Theobalds showed their Argos-bred horses, Mr Skowcroft drove a pair of geldings, and Mr John Blundell also showed his horse in harness.

I am hoping that in future we may be able to start a driving class for Arabs again here.

Keren gbfahne.gif
oli
Shawky (Morafic x Bint Mabrouka) at age 27 together with my mother
rhoni
The beautiful Adres (Drug x Agata), also a supreme champion in hand and under saddle, dressage horse, successful sire, being driven at home, Cullinghurst Stud UK. I have no connection with them at all, just think he is wonderful wub.gif
rhoni
Also check out http://www.al-qahira.at/01/Gallery_001.php...id=25&cmd=seite (Al Qahira stud in Austria) for great pictures of performance Arabians - straight Spanish bloodlines, inspirational all round performance from beautiful horses! Don't know them either but would love to visit one day...
Erna Kornelis
Have a look at the website of Al Qahira Arabians in Austria smile.gif

http://www.al-qahira.at/01/News_001.php#
oli
Hamasa Gharbi (by Gharib) 1989 Federal Champion of long-distance driving over 90 km
(Photo by K. Kamppeter)
SpiritThyme
Greetings ! This is my first post here :-)

Liz posted a photo of My Arabian driving, I am adding more photos for you !

This is Spirit Thyme, he is a 4 year old Stallion biggrin.gif
Ghana
FORUM, YOU ARE WONDERFUL!
Thank you so much!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
lynnbrook
Photos from the 2007 Arabian Sporthorse Nationals
lynnbrook
Photos from the 2007 Arabian Sporthorse Nationals
Georgia
Driving is a great way to get your younger ones ready, some show experiance
without getting on their backs just yet.. something to think about.

Great pictures everyone.. loved them all .
Especially the one with the sled, you looked raddant and having a grand time.. your horse too!

Thanks for posting

Georgia
Tous crins
I would love to learn to do that. Georgia and everybody, it would be great to start a thread on training the young horses to do it.

Here are some pictures from the 2006 SHN

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Charaway Arabians
Unfortunatly this pic is a little older ... time constraints limit us to be able to do harness anymore ....

This is Wayne's old english stallion 'Wollongbar Romulus' (decd) and a much younger Wayne competing to win Champion Harness Horse.

I must get Gail Webster to post some pictures of her two wonderful geldings who have been so succesful in harness and open combined driving competition.

Miranda
Cindy
Here is my 28 year old *Morafic grandson
Click to view attachment

My Alidaar son
Click to view attachment

A SE gelding that we once owned
Click to view attachment
BeckyHuffman
What a wonderful thread. I'm trying to attach a photo of ALI-ZEUS at a 30 mile endurance ride, he placed 10th out of about 15(?) starters. (that's his 18yo dam bring ridden on the right!)

Lots of other photos, some good cross country photos, but there listed by event from here: http://www.aelfleahfarm.com/ALI-ZEUS.html

Click to view attachment
Al-Qahira spanish arabians
Thank you Rhoni & Erna for giving a link to our website.....

I want to share some pictures with you...

Shamal (Abha Harim x Abha Saira), performance tested, Showchampion

pic by Hans Trummer

Arabians Alameda (Arabian Beauty x Benazir), performance tested,
Allround Res. Champion ECAHO-A Driving, Allround Champion ECAHO-B Classic,
Lower Austrian Res. Champion Pleasure Driving, Classwinner Obstacle Driving

pic by Foto4U

Regards,

Al-Qahira
Martina
.. I have some more ...

Nueva (Arabian Beauty x Dacita), performance tested, National Res. Champion Pleasure Driving, Bronze Medal Lower Austrian Champ.ships Pleasure Driving

pic by Gudrun Waiditschka

Espinosa Qahira (L.M.Libretto x Shamal), performance tested, DOUBLE EUROPEAN CHAMPION, Austrian National Champion Dressage & Obstacle Driving, Bronze Medal Winner European Championship, classwinner Type & Confirmation, Libertychampion, ..........

Pics by Alessandra Sarti, Mateuzs Jaworski, Gudrun Waiditschka

I also want to mention that we have two young horses in driving training, one mare and one gelding, but we have no pictures in front of the carriage yet.

I hope you enjoy what you see,
Yours,

Al-Qahira
Martina
Erna Kornelis
QUOTE (Al-Qahira spanish arabians @ Jan 13 2008, 01:36 PM)
I hope you enjoy what you see,

Absolutely!! biggrin.gif
Rising Phoenix
biggrin.gif Hi Cindy,
Sheikh looks great!!!
Is that Khammin in the last shot he looks good, if so it's so nice to know that he is in such a wonderful new home. Looking forward to the Event. Sincerely, Lisa
katarin
Rosi Straub
Ihr bereichert diese Box mit Fotos, also das ist ja einfach nur zauberhaft! Wunderschön!
Hallo Katarin, am besten Du machst den Führerschein. Ihr habt doch bestimmt ein regionales Pferdekäseblättchen, da stehen auch Anzeigen von Fahrschulen drin. Ist in einer Woche erledigt. Gefährlich wird die Fahrerei, wenn Du kein wesensfestes Pferd vor Dir hast. Den Pferden macht die Fahrerei viel Spaß.
Hallo Katarin,

Fahren ist auch nicht gefährlicher als Schifahren, Eislaufen, Snowboarden, Reiten.....

Alles, was man anständig gelernt hat, ist auch nicht gefährlich.
Wichtig ist eine gute Ausbildung (wie halt überall) von Pferd und Mensch.
Hauruck-Aktionen sind immer gefährlich.
Wagen und Geschirr muß eine gute Qualität haben!

Normalerweise lernt man beim Reiten wie beim Fahren niemals aus.
Wenn man bedenkt, daß die heutigen S-Fahrer auf Turnieren Schenkelweichen fahren müssen?!

Wenn du in Tübingen zu Hause bist, dann besuche doch mal die Fa. Manfred Lessing in Wiernsheim, dort habe ich meinen Buggy gekauft, sehr hübsch und vor allem nur 190 kg schwer. Viele "hängen" dem Araber viel zu viel Gewicht dran, wenn es dann zu schwer und zu anstrengend wird, kriegt das Pferd Zugangst und das Fahren macht ihm keinen Spaß mehr.

Schicke noch Fotos mit - ich schreib jetzt für die Bilderklärung englisch weiter:

Cascabel Qahira (L.M.Libretto x Bel Princess), performance tested, 4. pl. Driving Europ. Champ.ships , Lower Austrian Champion Obstacle Driving

L.M.Libretto (Drago x Dadobia), performance tested, WAHO-Trophy 2007, Reserve Champion Classic Europ. Champ.ships, Bronze Medal Driving Europ. Champ.ships, Classwinner Obstacle Driving, Allround Champion Classic, classwinner Cross 2003

..and Espinosa Qahira again, training with Isidor Weber, Austrian Driving trainer

pic by Alessandra Sarti

.. noch Fragen ?
Ich hoffe, ich konnte helfen,
viele Grüsse

Al-Qahira
Martina
Rosi Straub
QUOTE (Al-Qahira spanish arabians @ Jan 13 2008, 06:24 PM)
Viele "hängen" dem Araber viel zu viel Gewicht dran, wenn es  dann zu schwer und zu anstrengend wird, kriegt das Pferd Zugangst und das Fahren macht ihm keinen Spaß mehr.

Super, daß Du darauf aufmerksam machst!
Allison of Talaria
Dear Ghana,

I'm not sure if you are interested in historic driving photos, but attached is a photo of General TiboClick to view attachmentr von Pettkoe Szandtner (head of the Hungarian horse breeding program in Balbolna and then Directior of the Egyptian breedfing farm at Ein Shams under King Farouk and later the EAO under the Egyptian government) driving a five- in-hand of all all grey/white Arabians somewhere near Aachen. I do not know the date, but it has to be prior to WW II.

Von Szandtner was apparently an expert on driving and Hungarian harnessing.

Allison of Talaria
katarin
Carol Cooper-Hall
QUOTE (Ghana @ Jan 10 2008, 08:22 AM)
Dear Forum,

I know that there are so many around, especially in the USA: the carriage driven Arabians! (But when I need pictures, I don't find them spontaneously)  sad.gif 

Would you believe that especially in the professional German driver's community the Arabian is believed to be impossible to be trained in the carriage? Actually, there are trainers who refuse to take Arabians into their schooling classes and send the owners home.

So please - give me as many fotos as possible from past and today to show how good our breed looks in front of a carriage!

Thanks a lot
Dorothee
THANK YOU, Dorothee, for starting this thread biggrin.gif biggrin.gif and THANK YOU to all our members for posting their FABULOUS photos!!! wub.gif wub.gif
Cheers,
Carol
Halla Katarin!

Natürlich kann man bei uns Urlaub machen, gleich in der Nähe sind einige Hotels und Pensionen.
Wir haben insgesamt 8 gefahrene Vollblutaraber, 2 Welsh-Cobs und einen Arabohaflinger.
Da ist vom Ferrari bis zum VW Käfer alles dabei zum Üben!

Würde mich sehr über einen Besuch freuen.

.... übrigens: unsere Pferde kann man auch reiten ...

Foto Alessandra Sarti

Viele Grüsse

Al-Qahira
Martina
simonetta
Click to view attachmentthis is my beloved egyptian related mare Julia Bint Waseem wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
simonetta
Click to view attachmentin classic rolleyes.gif
simonetta
Click to view attachmentin team smile.gif smile.gif
Julia and Al Mabrouk (Bayfyrre x Julia bint Waseem)
katarin
simonetta
Hello Katarin, Yes Al Mabrouk is one son of Julia smile.gif
she give to his foals very good disposition...
I sale mabrouk two years ago rolleyes.gif
katarin
simonetta
100km rolleyes.gif Click to view attachment
diane
Tarong Sharie (Hamil x Tarong Shalena) - performance mare supreme. Shown here at the Australian Championships, many years ago, whilst 4-5 months in foal.
Carol Cooper-Hall
Please keep those FABULOUS photos coming!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Cheers,
Carol
Charaway Arabians
I am gonig to post these pics of the two Purebred Arabian Geldings 'Ravensward Richard' and Staplyton Park Addiction owned by Gail Webster.

Both have been such well performed horses, with Addiction being 3 times Reserve Australian Champion Gelding in Halter, as well as saddle awards and Richard winner countless saddle champions. Both have been multi champions in harness, both as singles and in pairs, as well as competeting in open Combined Driving competitions...

Unfortunatly there is a sad side to these lovely photos - Richard was being ridden out on a trail ride yesterday and suffered a heart attack and died... he was a great ambassador for the Arabian breed and will be sorely missed by Gail, Brett and Kaylene...

Miranda
katarin
diane
Sad to read about Richard.

Stapylton Park Addiction's dam, Waterford Natasha is a full sister to Hamil... sire of Tarong Sharie smile.gif
Ghana
Hi all,

I re-open this older thread to add new pictures of driven arabs - MY driven Arabs! wub.gif wub.gif
In the meantime we proved to any (German) doubters - and here ar a lot of people that believe strictly that an Arab MUST NOT be driven since it would destroy the carriage, endanger the life of the driver and become totally crazy and mad when harnessed - that they are the most wonderful, sensible and easy horses to be in front of a carriage.

I drove Ghana and Esfahan (well trained on the ground by double longeing) up from the first minute without any problem, and we have a lot of traffic here.

In the meantime, I have two lovely carriages, a Victoria and a Spider Phaeton, and especially Ghana loves driving!

And - what I also proved: weight IS important for Arabians! Although the carriage producers and professional warmblood and pony drivers deny that, for an Arabian it really makes a difference what he has behind him. My Spider has a weight of 175 kg (instead of the 250kg to 300 you have usually for a horse of this size), and Ghana goes 100% better!

So this might be a encouragement for any Arabian owner who considers what to do with his horse without having to sit on their back all the time: try to drive!

Esfahan Ibn Ansata Exemplar with a Marathon carriage (his very first time in harness):
Click to view attachment

Ghana with our Victoria in rain (and me completely wet)
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

And Ghana with our light Spider Phaeton (and believe me or not: you have NOTHING in your hands, just a few grams):
Click to view attachment
orient arabians
some very old photos (about 20 years !) one with three stallions !
Hi Dorothee,

.. I love Ghana in front of the new spider !!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

But we have also trained a lot and he have made our first start in an open driving competiton! In Weer/Tyrol Espinosa Qahira with driver Alexandra Moosburger and co-driver Martina Minhard competed in marathon, dressage driving and obstacle driving open for all breeds.

Pic: private

All the best, .. give Ghana & Esfahan some carots from me.....

Al-Qahira
Martina
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.