Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Goudah Finds The Daffodils
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Jenny Lees
gbfahne.gif Hello All......Goudah found the Daffodils this afternoon and set off round the all weather school with his heels up. I think he has worked out that Daffodil=Spring=Ladies wub.gif wub.gif so Amanda decorated him to attract the girls, worried my other stallions a little huh.gif huh.gif
Jenny
Carol Cooper-Hall
Awww...one of my most favorite stallions, Goudah...loved the daffodils!!! wub.gif wub.gif
Cheers,
Carol
2mntn
Hello Jenny,

Thanks - I needed that!!

By the way, forgive for saying so but I would think that Amanda is your reward for not strangling your son as a teenager!!

Happy Days!
Ray biggrin.gif
Ralph
Jenny:

I just love this horse, his whole body shape, the circular lines...there is just so much horse there. It is a delight to know that there are horses like this. smile.gif Like a warm bowl of chicken soup on a cold, damp, rainy day...it does a body good...mmmm...mmmm...mmmm good. Thanks for lifting me out of the doldrums today. smile.gif

Ralph
Jenny Lees
gbfahne.gif Carol: Goudah is such a sweetheart we all love him. He has had time off over the winter but we plan to bring him back into some work in the next couple of weeks. I just have to shed a few more Christmas kilos I have collected tongue.gif

Ray: I could not manage without Amanda she is marvelous. rolleyes.gif She knocked on my door when she was ten years old and asked if she could help me with the horses. I gave her an after school job and she has been here ever since biggrin.gif My son William and his friends used to tease her (horrible little boys) then they all went off to University (peace and quiet). At the end of his final year at Uni my son came home for the summer and suddenly noticed that Amanda had changed somewhat. wub.gif wub.gif When one of his buddies asked her for a date William went ballistic mad.gif and finally got round to asking her himself. They married eighteen months ago having known each other 12 years.....my son has never been one for rushing into things laugh.gif

Jenny
Jenny Lees
QUOTE (Ralph @ Feb 2 2008, 09:05 PM)
Jenny:

I just love this horse, his whole body shape, the circular lines...there is just so much horse there. It is a delight to know that there are horses like this. smile.gif Like a warm bowl of chicken soup on a cold, damp, rainy day...it does a body good...mmmm...mmmm...mmmm good. Thanks for lifting me out of the doldrums today.  smile.gif

Ralph

gbfahne.gif Hello Ralph.......my grannie made the best Chicken Soup in the world and I always make a bucketful if I am feeling unwell sad.gif or need cheering up smile.gif Today lifted my spirits too, just a blast of sunshine, a beautiful horse and a splash of yellow daffodils. Not quite " a host of golden daffodils" but plenty enough to cheer us all up.
All the best,
Jenny.
Ralph
Hi Jenny and happy Sunday to you smile.gif :

Sounds like you were blessed with a very good grannie smile.gif I never got to know either of my grandmothers, thanks to Fidel Castro. mad.gif

Anyway, I think I remember that you mentioned having Goudah available by AI at some point. Will this be AI for the UK only or will you be able to make him available to the USA also?

I sound like a broken record and I am sorry abou that but this horse really reminds me of the horses of my youth and the reason why I love this breed, above all others.

Ralph
Jenny Lees
QUOTE (Ralph @ Feb 3 2008, 03:16 PM)
Hi Jenny and happy Sunday to you smile.gif :

Sounds like you were blessed with a very good grannie  smile.gif  I never got to know either of my grandmothers, thanks to Fidel Castro.  mad.gif

Anyway, I think I remember that you mentioned having Goudah available by AI at some point. Will this be AI for the UK only or will you be able to make him available to the USA also?

I sound like a broken record and I am sorry abou that but this horse really reminds me of the horses of my youth and the reason why I love this breed, above all others.

Ralph

gbfahne.gif Hi Ralph...I had a Spanish/Maltese grannie and she was one of the best rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif . She brought up ten children on Malta and throughout the war years they all lived mainy underground in shelters cut from the rock. Food was very scarce so any stray chicken/pigeon/rabbit went into the pot. She could make a good soup out of almost anything biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Yes I am planning to have Goudahs and the Bahraini stallions semen available for export to the USA/Canada/Australia and South Africa. These are the countries I have had enquiries from to date. As I will not let my stallions go to commerical quarrantine and collection establishments for the three months necessary I have applied to have my own quarrantine stables and collection area here on my farm. The Government Veterinary Department (DEFRA) is supervising the requirements but at the moment progress is being held up by the Planning Authority (as usual) :angry. So it looks as though we are talking September 2008 at the earliest before we can officially collect having fulfilled the necessary quarrantine regs for export. We treat all our stallions with extreme kindness and as part of one big family I could not just hand them over to strangers for three months unsure.gif unsure.gif
All the best,
Jenny
Marilee
I wish anyone in the world with a stallion, especially with a trainer, could just read her last sentence and think about what she is saying. You are awesome.
Zahra Bint Krayaan
He's so handsome rolleyes.gif

Great pics biggrin.gif
An American Breeder
Finding the daffodils would be impossible here in the Northwest. Just do a google on Oregon, Washington, Idaho roofs that are collapsing.

However, give it another 4 to 6 weeks, and yes we might!!!!
Debbie A-C
Hi Jenny

I have also dealt with the minefield of red tape surrounding collection for AI and I am also doing this route with Ali Barba. The assessment of semen can be done on your yard with no quarantine just a teaser mare and a Vet.

There is no quarantine period for the EU but health checks are carried out and are certified.

Stallions need to be resident at the collection centre for min 21 days for Australia, New Zealand and USA.

Other major export markets must be collected at a centre (or your place once registered) quarantined before semen collection, for 30 days. However during this period you can collect semen for the EU and New Zealand, Australia and USA.

The length of time at the centre quarantined will depend upon semen produced and the number of doses required.

I thought this may be of interest to anyone in the UK considering this route but I fully appreciate your concerns regarding sending off your stallion to unknown carers!

Debbie Abbott-Compton
Jenny Lees
QUOTE (Debbie A-C @ Feb 5 2008, 07:05 PM)
Hi Jenny

I have also dealt with the minefield of red tape surrounding collection for AI and I am also doing this route with Ali Barba.  The assessment of semen can be done on your yard with no quarantine just a teaser mare and a Vet.

There is no quarantine period for the EU but health checks are carried out and are certified.

Stallions need to be resident at the collection centre for min 21 days for Australia, New Zealand and USA.

Other major export markets must be collected at a centre (or your place once registered) quarantined before semen collection, for 30 days.  However during this period you can collect semen for the EU and New Zealand, Australia and USA.

The length of time at the centre quarantined will depend upon semen produced and the number of doses required.

I thought this may be of interest to anyone in the UK considering this route but I fully appreciate your concerns regarding sending off your stallion to unknown carers!

Debbie Abbott-Compton

gbfahne.gif Hello Debbie...many thanks for the information. All these rules are going to be a steep learning curve for me blink.gif so be prepared for a few emails and phone calls between Hereford and Cornwall. I chased the Planning Officer this afternoon and extracted a half hearted promise that something would be sorted by the weekend. Seeing is believing!
best wishes,
Jenny
Debbie A-C
Hi Jenny

AI collection and freezing is very complicated in that true british fashion, but for all of the right reasons. I would be pleased to assist if you have any queries, I am becoming rather proficient with the tests and procedures.

I can also help with planning issues - deal with these on a daily basis, even have an on board architect who has learnt lots about equine projects recently.

Just give me a call or email.
Carol Cooper-Hall
QUOTE (Jenny Lees @ Feb 3 2008, 02:23 PM)
gbfahne.gif  Yes I am planning to have Goudahs and the Bahraini stallions semen available for export to the USA/Canada/Australia and South Africa. These are the countries I have had enquiries from to date.
All the best,
Jenny
WOW...that's FANTASTIC news, Jenny!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Please do keep us posted!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Cheers,
Carol
Jenny Lees
QUOTE (Debbie A-C @ Feb 5 2008, 07:32 PM)
Hi Jenny

AI collection and freezing  is very complicated in that true british fashion, but for all of the right reasons.  I would be pleased to assist if you have any queries, I am becoming rather proficient with the tests and procedures.

I can also help with planning issues - deal with these on a daily basis, even have an on board architect who has learnt lots about equine projects recently.

Just give me a call or email.

gbfahne.gif Thanks Debbie I will be in touch. I am still waiting to hear from the Planning Department with permission to go ahead mad.gif mad.gif All I have had so far is a demand from the Senior Planning Officer that I put "in writing" that I will not apply for staff accommodation on this site???? He also asked why I needed to build this on my farm as in his opinion the Semen collection business could be set up and carried out on an "Industrial Estate"...... blink.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif So much for encouraging diversification in the countryside. Jenny.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.