Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Strains Of Egyptian
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
ShadoWind
HI
I am fascinated and interested in learning more about the various strains of the Egyptian Arabians. I read an article once and would really like to hear more about this from some of the experts out there....please? huh.gif
Cheers biggrin.gif
Jakki
Nadj al Nur
Hi Jakki
There are several good threads about strains, and strain breeding on here. I will see if I can find them and bump them up for you......
Cathy
Bandit
I think it would be really interesting to see photos of different horses being strain bred and explanations given of how those horses are continueing to express given strain traits inheritant with whatever strain qualities the animal is bred from.
diane
QUOTE (Bandit @ May 12 2008, 09:21 AM)
I think it would be really interesting to see photos of different horses being strain bred and explanations given of how those horses are continueing to express given strain traits inheritant with whatever strain qualities the animal is bred from.

Maybe, maybe not huh.gif smile.gif This style of question would tend to foster the traditional thinking that phenotype is name-linked. Phenotype is gene linked and it depends on which genetics are "in play" in any given individual (regardless of the name(s)). Phenotype being the outward expression of the inner genetics. What would be good to see, in addition to or instead of, are the photos of Arabians that don't ook like their strain names ~ either in an exacting way or less. smile.gif
Nadj al Nur
I have bumped up three threads with a lot of strain information, and explanations in the DIFFERENCE between strain and phenotype, and the fact that strain, really has very little to do with the way a horse looks, only with where it comes from..............
Hope they help you out, Jakki........lots of good info in them.
Cathy
ShadoWind
A million thanks!
smile.gif Jakki
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.