Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Al Khamsa Convention-2008
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - Übersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
HLM
Dear Fellow Breeders/Owners

As you all know basically al Asil Arabian horses are "al Khamsa" with the exception of the Tahawis, on which we need to work on. But these are covered by the Asil Club, Germany. At one time I was upset with the issue of a couple of Asils not accepted then, but this has been straightened out.,

All STraight egyptians, SOFI, etc.etc. are covered and we are combined into one great big family. I do not know of any organization in the world who gives so much information, has done so much research and provided our people with bonafide
help.And this work is done on a volunter basis, nobody ever got paid nor will. this is why AK does not have members, but it is called "Supporters" who will donate whatever they can to help pay for cash outlays, be it postage, printing, or whatever

The AK Convention in Calfornia last year was an event none of us can ever forget, nor the excellent Asil horses presented. the speakers were incredibly good and in the midth of the AK supporters are highly respected researchers, breeders and
artists.

It is also the only organization I know off, which caters to all Asil Owners and lovers, and consistently educates all those who want to be.

Therefore, I feel that anyone of you reading this might wish to also join as a supporter, help with what they can and make this non-political organization
continue to firmly stand as a historical entity. Their publictions are absolutely outstanding, highly educational and library issues.

Now let's all work on how we can get the convention away from Tulsa and
help and support, be it financially or otherwise and continue standing on our own merits, our own feet.

We had an auction last year at the convention, and did take in a bit of money.
I will again contribute hoping that the intake will at least double. wont you all please join?

Take care and have a grand day
Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms
Seglavi
Thank you Hansi for this wonderful post and how beautifully you have described the goals of Al Khamsa. I must tell you and others, as I have already in another thread, that while we greatly appreciate the offers to move our convention to Texas, we are obligated through contracts and other commitments, to have the '08 national Al Khamsa Convention in Tulsa. It just won't be at the U.S. Nationals as was previously announced. This doesn't take away from the terrific speakers, Fantasia, chuck wagon dinner party, and our breeders panel at the fabulous Philbrook Museum, who will help us all have a wonderful time with our horses and each other. We have two new projects to roll out, it will be exciting to have you and others join us to find out what they are!
Pam Studebaker
dalcrista
Greetings all -

I say let them have their Nationals, but let's have an even bigger Convention! What would they think if ALL the small, incredibly enthusiastic and knowledgable breeders of fine Asil bloodstock flooded Tulsa and outshone their elitist little show.
I'm making my plans now to be at the convention and I challange all of you to do the same. Why not show AHA what we are truly interested in, the true Asil Arabian horse - not their high-fallutin' high rollin' saddlebred wanna-bee's. Seems to me this might be an opportunity to give them a reality check. Wouldn't it be nice for the headline to read "Al Khamsa Convention draws TWICE as many attendees as the US Nationals! If there is no one in the stands watching, isn't it kinda like a bear in the woods...

Dale Hunsburger
Tous crins
Pam,

I will come. I hope it will be as nice as Paso Robles.
I was never attracted by the Nationals anyway. Bought the new camera bacsue of the indoor arena but I sure don't regret it.

Do you already know who the speakers will be?

Looking forward to meet you and your horses Dale!

Christine
kay cochran
It sounds like fun. It would be nice to go to an event where people are friendly and there is no stress. I would love to go. It depends on who I've got to take care of all my critters. That particular time of year is a busy time for us. We have a lot of fall calving cows and you never know when you're going to have to pull a calf or call a vet because one of the cows has prolapsed. It seems like every time I leave something happens and then my husband is not a happy camper. Maybe I can attend when you guys have it in Texas.
HLM
Dear Pam

I understand, if contracts are signed, then no changes can or should be made.
I did not realize this.

Yes, regardless it should be fun I am just so concerned that the Nationals get more attention and might take some away from the AK convention.

In any case, lets make the best of it

Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms
An American Breeder
Oregon is going to be great, of that I predict, in 2009 and maybe everyone will have time to plan for 2010 in Texas??? Start marking the calendars!
starbright
Is the AK convention at the same time as Nationals? A friend and I were interested in going last year, but couldn't quite pull it off, but are hopeful for this year. where, and when is it to be held? And does anyone know who is the AK rep for my area? Myself and a few friends are interested in promoting SE and AK horses in our area, and want to know where to start! By the way, I'm in Massachusetts. Dawn
Nadj al Nur
Well, Pam........It sounds like the convention committee had better book a whole hotel for the Oregon convention, instead of just a block of rooms like last time, LOL. I predict the biggest convention in the history of Al Khamsa in Oregon in 09.
Cathy
phanilah
Are the Oregon dates for 2009 set yet? That I can probably swing for attendance...I loved being at Davenport Days in 2006 - so I enjoy horsey jaunts down to OR. smile.gif

Beth
Nadj al Nur
Yep.........set aside the end of August Beth.....28, 29, and 30.....see ya there...
Cathy
phanilah
Thanks, Cathy....and where will it be held?

Beth

P.S. I was planting some petunias the other day and thought of you. wink.gif
HLM
Hi Cathy

You are right. I visited the doyle ranch and was truly impressed with their horses, but also that huge beautifully kept ranch, and of course the fun we always have with Rosemary being such a great person to be with.

So, lets do it, lets it be huge.

Hansi biggrin.gif
Serenity Arabian Farms
Seglavi
Wow, you guys make me feel so good! The convention in Tulsa is Oct. 24-27th. There will be a bulletin on the electronic "Inside Al Khamsa" coming out in a few days, I saw the rough draft today and truly the convention is going to be fabulous. Our main speaker will be Peter Harrigan of the Isle of Wight, UK and Saudi Arabia. Those of you in the general area of Tulsa with AK horses you might like to bring can look forward to a warm welcome at a beautiful indoor arena and plenty of chances to show off your horses to a like minded audience at the Fantasia.
Right now as much as I want to, I can't look past Tulsa. Many of us are working very hard, especially Ellen May the chair person, to produce a memorable and fun convention so please if you ever wanted to come and just haven't done it, try it this year! It is one of those watershed experiences that can alter your perceptions and begin a network of life time friends.
Pam
BaileyArabians
I'll be able to make the 2009 one in Oregon. Way too much going on this year with buying a farm and moving and all.

I'll definately bring cookies though the following year. biggrin.gif

someone PLEASE get pictures of this year's (since it's allowed) I'd like to at least be there vicariously smile.gif

Kathy
p.s. I think Texas in the future would be wonderful also. There are so many great horses, great food and great people in Texas!! smile.gif
Seglavi
Thanks Kathy, we will really look forward to seeing you in Oregon in '09 as well as your cookies! That Northwest Pacific AK group is wonderful and oh the horses out there! Good luck with getting your farm, we aren't that far away and would really love to see your mare and her foal when it arrives next year, notice the positive thought!
I love the idea of a Texas convention. There are several convention sites already locked in for the next few years, Oregon-'09, Ky. -'10 and probably Virginia-'11. I don't think we have ever had so many invitations to hold a convention, it is wonderful.
Pam Studebaker
BaileyArabians
Thanks Pam for the welcome and I think it's so wonderful that it seems like so many places want you to be there. Just goes to show that folks have a lot of interest.

When we have the little one I'll for certain invite you and Jill over to see it and it's sweet mommy and whoever I can find for a companion for her. smile.gif

Kathy
Timecapsule Arabians
I can only speak for myself but I must admit I am greatly dissapointed in AHA and it's show comission members in how they handled this, though frankly can't say why I would have expected more from them.

Even more so I am devastated for Ellen May who has worked very hard at having tried to cordinate this.

I think truthfully this speaks volumes to where AHA's priorities and focus is.

And believe me when I say this is a very conservative version of how I feel about AHA and how they have delt with this.

Irregardless of AHA and Nationals I have complete faith in Ellen May and her committee to be able to pull this convention together and make it a huge success.

Matter fact I have been counting on those mechanical bulls !!!!
Laura
Timecapsule Arabians
Now for those of you who have never had the chance to attend a Al Khamsa Convention let me share briefly my experiences.

I had wanted to go for many years but the timing never seemed right to get away to go. But back in 2006 I told my hubby I really wanted to go, it was in IL that year and I was also hoping to get a chance to go over to the Craver's farm. So he agreed he could deal with the animals and the kids for a long weekend and I booked my trip.
I have a bit of a phobia about driving ( highways and cities esp, and even worse if it is in a area I do not know) so the IL group offered to pick me up at the airport and bring me to the hotel/convention. As my flight had been a early one I was there before the convention technally started. When I entered the room at the hotel where the board was having their meeting, I was greeted and asked who I was. When I responded and gave them my name, many of them seemed to have already heard of me which kinda took me aback ( of course some of the board was Davenport owners so pretty small group ), I had honestly expected to fall back in the shadows and be the wall flower that I normally am at social gatherings and in crowds, as I am not a big fan of large crowds. Every single Al Khamsa board member and supporter that I had the pleasure to talk to or meet was very warm and welcoming.

SOOOOOOOOOOO anyone who is on the fence on weather or not they should attend a Al Khamsa Convention (weather it be this year or in the future) I very highly recommend the experience. It is a experience that I highly doubt will ever be achieved at too many other Arabian horse functions, and definetely not at the Nationals or Scottsdale. It is a warm welcoming friendly enviroment that is conducive to making friendships with in the Arabian community.
Laura
Tous crins
QUOTE (Timecapsule Arabians @ Jun 20 2008, 07:21 PM)
Now for those of you who have never had the chance to attend a Al Khamsa Convention let me share briefly my experiences.

I had wanted to go for many years but the timing never seemed right to get away to go. But back in 2006 I told my hubby I really wanted to go, it was in IL that year and I was also hoping to get a chance to go over to the Craver's farm. So he agreed he could deal with the animals and the kids for a long weekend and I booked my trip.
I have a bit of a phobia about driving ( highways and cities esp, and even worse if it is in a area I do not know) so the IL group offered to pick me up at the airport and bring me to the hotel/convention. As my flight had been a early one I was there before the convention technally started. When I entered the room at the hotel where the board was having their meeting, I was greeted and asked who I was. When I responded and gave them my name, many of them seemed to have already heard of me which kinda took me aback ( of course some of the board was Davenport owners so pretty small group ), I had honestly expected to fall back in the shadows and be the wall flower that I normally am at social gatherings and in crowds, as I am not a big fan of large crowds. Every single Al Khamsa board member and supporter that I had the pleasure to talk to or meet was very warm and welcoming.

SOOOOOOOOOOO anyone who is on the fence on weather or not they should  attend a Al Khamsa Convention (weather it be this year or in the future) I very highly recommend the experience. It is a experience that I highly doubt will ever be achieved at too many other Arabian horse functions, and definetely not at the Nationals or Scottsdale.  It is  a warm welcoming friendly enviroment that is conducive to making friendships with in the Arabian community.
Laura

Some friendly volunteers - Ellen attending a visitor

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Baraka
For the first time in years, and only because Tulsa is so close, I am making plans to drive to Nationals for a couple of days. I quit going years ago, because frankly, it was boring. I'd rather spend the precious little time I can get away, going to the Egyptian Event.

Now that I hear the AK Convention will be in Tulsa, I am much more interested in making the trip. Can someone post the address where it will be held? I assume that it will now NOT be on the Fairgrounds. Such a shame.

I assume the problem is that they were afraid it might draw the audience away from Nationals. To me, this would be very short sighted. It works both ways, and would only serve to bring MORE people to both functions - not the other way around! What better way to show the world what a wonderful, and versatile community supports this Arabian breed. I just have a hard time understanding a lot of what goes on when competition is at play.
Oak Grove Arabians
Hello,
As the Chair for Al Khamsa's 2008 Convention, I am getting over my fear of forums to let everyone know that our plans are well underway. biggrin.gif We have a wonderful facility selected http://www.bridlecreekok.com only a few miles North of Tulsa for our Fantasia and horse activities and a breathtaking location http://www.postoaklodge.com for our meetings nearby.

While we were disappointed the the AHA's decision dry.gif , we are definitely turning lemons into lemonade! tongue.gif This is going to be one fantastic convention starting with an early bird special tour of the Gilcrease Museum on Thursday, a Chuck Wagon Dinner and Barn Dance to kick things off on Friday night, Peter Harrigan's lecture on Saturday morning, a helpful workshop on breeding stock selection lead by Mike Albertini, Tom Patterson and Sue Burnhan on Saturday afternoon and a Fantasia organized by Alice Martin later that same day. On Sunday, Joe Ferriss is lining up some of Al Khamsa's "treasures" for a Breeders Panel and Brunch at the Philbrook Museum and Gardens. Our visit to Tulsa caps off with a tour of nearby Sanctuary Farms with owner Helen Callaway. This will be a weekend absolutely filled with enthusiastic people, wonderful horses, great food and enourmous fun, all arranged with limited budgets in mind.

We need people to bring Al Khamsa horses for the Fantasia. Taking advantage of the media attention on the Arabian breed, this event will be highly-publicized and will offer the public a chance to see 'a different type of Arabian' in a non-competitive demonstration of their beauty and versatility. This is the first time for Al Khamsa to be in this part of the country so we really want to showcase AK horses in this region. The stabling and arena facitity is top-notch, cabins, RV spaces and free camping are also available on site for those who like to stay close to their horses.

So whether you are coming to Tulsa for the U.S. Nationals or for the 2008 Convention or both wink.gif , please join us and show your support for the Al Khamsa Arabian horse!
Ellen May
LMG
I know that this is supposed to be a secret, but I think it is of such import that I must give a hint about the one event in the fantasia which is celebrating women warriors through the centuries, including those in the New World and the Amazons of the Old World.

I've been told this includes the painting of one's body blue and groups of women riding at full in more or less battle regalia on original war horses.

I suggest everyone bring cameras to this event, since it is to be a once in a life time showing.

LMG
Tous crins
QUOTE (Oak Grove Arabians @ Jul 7 2008, 09:13 AM)
Hello,
As the Chair for Al Khamsa's 2008 Convention, I am getting over my fear of forums to let everyone know that our plans are well underway.  biggrin.gif We have a wonderful facility selected http://www.bridlecreekok.com only a few miles North of Tulsa for our Fantasia and horse activities and a breathtaking location http://www.postoaklodge.com for our meetings nearby.

While we were disappointed the the AHA's decision dry.gif , we are definitely turning lemons into lemonade!  tongue.gif This is going to be one fantastic convention starting with an early bird special tour of the Gilcrease Museum on Thursday, a Chuck Wagon Dinner and Barn Dance to kick things off on Friday night, Peter Harrigan's lecture on Saturday morning, a helpful workshop on breeding stock selection lead by Mike Albertini, Tom Patterson and Sue Burnhan on Saturday afternoon and a Fantasia organized by Alice Martin later that same day. On Sunday, Joe Ferriss is lining up some of Al Khamsa's "treasures" for a Breeders Panel and Brunch at the Philbrook Museum and Gardens. Our visit to Tulsa caps off with a tour of nearby Sanctuary Farms with owner Helen Callaway. This will be a weekend absolutely filled with enthusiastic people, wonderful horses, great food and enourmous fun, all arranged with limited budgets in mind.

We need people to bring Al Khamsa horses for the Fantasia. Taking advantage of the media attention on the Arabian breed, this event will be highly-publicized and will offer the public a chance to see 'a different type of Arabian' in a non-competitive demonstration of their beauty and versatility. This is the first time for Al Khamsa to be in this part of the country so we really want to showcase AK horses in this region. The stabling and arena facitity is top-notch, cabins, RV spaces and free camping are also available on site for those who like to stay close to their horses.

So whether you are coming to Tulsa for the U.S. Nationals or for the 2008 Convention or both wink.gif , please join us and show your support for the Al Khamsa Arabian horse!
Ellen May

Ellen,

That is the kind of detail I need to fully decide me!
Does Alice Martin (is she the one?) still have her team of Davenport stallions?
I have seen some old pictures that were breathtaking.

Wondering if Lorriee's post has something to do with it.

Who is Peter harrigan? (forgive my ignorance).

Christine

Christine
Nadj al Nur
Makes me wish I was able to go this year, but alas.....must wait for 09 in Oregon...................
Blue paint ????? Lorriee, are you and Deb riding in that presentation???? Now I REALLY wish I could go............
Cathy
Oak Grove Arabians
I am not sure about Alice's horses or if she will bring them down from Illinois. I do know that she knows how to put on a Fantasia!

I can only assume it is none other than Lorriee herself who is planning to strip down to nothing more than a coat of blue paint and gallop through the arena on a desert bred war horse. That should draw a good crowd.

Peter Harrigan is the commissioning editor for Barzan press, who published Peter Upton's book The Arab Horse and the autobiography of Lady Anne Blunt by HVF Winstone. He is a prolific writer, a long time resident of Saudi Arabia and made a presentation on the History of the Arabian Horse at the 2007 Egyptian Event. We are fortunate to have him travelling all this way to speak for us!

So bring your camera. YOU and ALL photographers, no matter how big their lenses, are very welcomed to join us!

Al Khamsa will soon be mailing a flyer to everyone on our mailing list and will also be sending out updates via the Inside Al Khamsa and Khamsat Express. I can also provide a text of the schedule, prices, etc. for anyone who wants a sneak preview. arabians@centurytel.net.
Ellen
LMG
After receiving many many pm's requesting that I not show up in blue paint, or that the photographers lack a lens which is sufficient for such a panoramic scene, I must demur from participating, but I am absolutely certain that this is going to be a whiz-bang event.

I know that Ellen and others have done yoemen's work in putting together a Convention which will be not only one which will be a lot more bang for the buck than the ordinary horse show, but you will have an opportunity to meet people who will make you feel a part of the Convention, will be both mentally and emotionally stimulated by the planned events and after hearing about the good time everyone had at both the last one and this one, wonder why you haven't been attending these Conventions all along.

This is not your Mom's ordinary Convention, but one that will make you glad you are a member of the Arabian Horse fraternity.

LMG
eyegor2
well dang it,, now I am truly tempted to attend, cause I for sure just have to observe what all the flapping blue is about, especially on an extended trotting desert horse...
Dang, the imagination is totally rampant......
Mr Prospector
Well if Hansi goes and paints herself blue, would someone please, please get me a picture of it. lol.
Karen
Nadj al Nur
Well, at the last convention, Hansi took the bull by the horns, and they got a picture of that............so, if she is one of the ones to paint herself blue, I'm sure SOMEBODY will take pictures.........
Cathy
2mntn
Blue paint? Like this?

Click to view attachment

Shall we bring our own horses and swords?

Ray tongue.gif
eyegor2
There are certain times when SILENCE is truly golden............
Oak Grove Arabians
May I suggest that those with an interest in blue paint, bull riding and photography plan this for sometime after the Al Khamsa activities conclude on Saturday afternoon? The evening hours are left open for people to do whatever pleases them while in Tulsa, including going to the show. Of course, it would be entirely your individual decision about the appropriateness of the blue paint, bulls, swords and cameras on the show grounds. rolleyes.gif

On the other hand, we do welcome you as you are, your Al Khamsa horses, your enthusiasm and your riding demonstrations at our Fantasia. Seriously now folks, please help spread the word about the Al Khamsa convention Oct 24-26. Bring horses if you can, bring your friends, meet some new ones, and let's have a great time!
Ellen
Nadj al Nur
Sure Ray, something like that..........but watch out with the sword............prob'ly wouldn't matter anyhow...........you'd be swinging over everyones head and we could just duck under and kick yer shins.............
Cathy
larapintavian
Hope we don't miss all the fun.

We're planning to drive up and are really looking forward to meeting a lot of you, but we may be able to attend only 1 day.
Tous crins
QUOTE (larapintavian @ Jul 9 2008, 09:50 AM)
Hope we don't miss all the fun.

We're planning to drive up and are really looking forward to meeting a lot of you, but we may be able to attend only 1 day.

Hi Sharon,

Are you bringing any horses?
You would really be a highligt of the show. How far do you live?

Christine
Oak Grove Arabians
If you can make it for Saturday only, you will miss some of the fun, but not all of it by any means! Saturday starts with a gourmet breakfast at the Post Oak Lodge, then the Al Khamsa Advisory Board meeting followed by Peter Harrigan's presentation. Then we all head up the road only a few miles to Bridle Creek Horse Ranch for lunch and the workshop with Mike Albertini, Tom Patterson and Sue Burnham. Following that, the FANTASIA!

As I mentioned earlier, Saturday evening is open so there will be time to get together with your friends and see Tulsa, go to the show, hit the casinos, ride a mechanical bull, or all of the above. This would also be a great opportunity for those concerned about specific breeding groups within the Al Khamsa horse population to plan to meet.
Ellen
larapintavian
QUOTE (Tous crins @ Jul 9 2008, 06:10 PM)
Hi Sharon,

Are you bringing any horses?
You would really be a highligt of the show. How far do you live?

Christine

Currently, tentative plans are to bring Daalim El Nefous (Fa Durra Halim x Sajha Selket). He's the only one we have now that is AK (other than the yearling). We have our reservations about bringing him as he's not in 'fit' condition and at age 19 has not been ridden in 6 or 7 years. He also has totally lost the sight in his right eye (he injured it as a suckling foal and somehow retained good sight until 3 years ago). The eye is now a bit sunken so it might bother some people looking at it. I don't know if Chrissi (who also has a new baby and is not yet cleared to ride) will be able to get both the old man and herself ready. She hasn't had him over fences since he lost the sight in that right eye. He might do just fine, or iit might bother him since he last jumped with two good eyes.

Losing Serenity Taruf (SF Untouchable x Serenity Marufa) last month really was distressing. He also was the one we had planned to bring under saddle and as a prime example of a sport horse.

Chrissi's excellent purebred Eventer, CL Emmersom, unfortunately is not elegible to come. While his sire, TCP Rada Bazaz, is AK, his dam is not.

We live a little over 100 miles SW of Tulsa (SW of OKC on I44), so since the Fantasia is N of Tulsa, it will be a little further.

Sharon
Tous crins
QUOTE (larapintavian @ Jul 9 2008, 11:03 AM)
Currently, tentative plans are to bring Daalim El Nefous (Fa Durra Halim x Sajha Selket).  He's the only one we now have that is AK (other than the yearling).  We have our reservations about bringing him as he's not in 'fit' condition and at age 19 has not been ridden in 6 or 7 years.  He has also has totally lost the sight in his right eye (he injured it as a suckling foal and somehow retained good sight until 3 years ago).  The eye is now a bit sunken so might bother some people looking at it. I don't know if Chrissi (who also has a new baby and is not yet cleared to ride) will be able to get them both the old man and herself ready for anything.  She hasn't had him over fences since he lost the sight in that right eye.  He might do just fine, or iit might bother him since he last jumped with two good eyes. 

Losing Serenity Taruf (SF Untouchable x Serenity Marufa) last month really was distressing.  He also was the one we had planned to bring under saddle and as a prime example of a sport horse. 

Chrissi's excellent Eventer, CL Emmersom, unfortunately is not elegible to come .... only his sire is AK.

We live a little over 100 miles SW of Tulsa (SW of OKC on I44), so since the Fantasia is N of Tulsa, it will be a little further.

Sharon

I am so sorry for the loss of your stallion.

As far as I am concerned, AK sire is fine but I am not making the rules. I did do an ad for a Davenport stallion (for AK III) that had to be completely redone because I had included some get out of non AK mares. Pretty sad as they are what the preservation is for, infuse a good dose of old blood in other lines.

I would really like to see them jump!

Christine
Oak Grove Arabians
The location of the Al Khamsa convention is literally just minutes North from downtown Tulsa so hopefully that won't add much to any drive times coming from the South! The Fantasia arena is located actually on Osage Reservation land in a lovely rural but convenient setting. The view of Tulsa from high atop Persimmon Ridge where our meetings are being held at the Post Oak Lodge is magnificent... again, only minutes from downtown Tulsa. If you happen to know where the Gilcrease Museum is, these locations are 3 and 8 miles from there respectively.
(By the way, there will be a private tour of the museum's world famous Native American and Western Art collection on Thursday morning for those of us arriving in Tulsa early.)

Yes, as far as I know, the Fantasia's have always been for only horses qualified as Al Khamsa Arabians. I agree, some truly outstanding horses are produced with AK sires or dams and many top performers have a good dose of AK horses up close in their pedigrees. However, the purpose of the organization is to educate about the Bedouin Arabian horse and for the identification and preservation of these specific bloodlines. While some great horses of today have come as a result of the "infusion" of AK blood, Al Khamsa's mission is to see that the AK horse itself remains available for future generations as well.
Rettke Arabians
I'm really happy to hear so many are planning to attend this years convention. We are planning on bringing 3 horses for the Fantasia. One stallion and two mares. It promises to be a wonderful event! I went to my first convention last year in California and everyone made you feel very welcome! I am sure this year will be no different! Welcome to the midwest everyone!

Lisa wink.gif
Liz Salmon
I hope the Convention goes well this year, I'm sure it will. Last year I witnessed people having a lot of fun, which has certainly gone out of the AHA shows on the whole, except our Sport Horse shows. This year's Regionals were a blast.

I've just completed a survey for AHA—boy did I have fun with that one. My main concern was the total lack of concern for the small breeder and one horse owner (I own just one mare too). I suggest that you all complete this survey and see if we can't get some things changed.
larapintavian
I just completed a survey for AHA too ... ithe survey I received was sent to those of us who had not renewed our membership this year. It covered quite a bit of 'terrirtory' and also gave the respondent several areas where they could wirte their reasons. Object was to see why people had not renewed..
Echo1
We can't wait to see you all there!! smile.gif
Rettke Arabians
This year will be great to meet many new people! We did have a blast last year!
I got my survey and filled it out today. They do give you plenty of places to really let em have it. So I didn't disappoint them. tongue.gif If they don't want to know they shouldn't ask me.

Lisa
Liz Salmon
I do hope everyone let's them have it !! I had renewed my subscription, so I think it went to all members.
Oak Grove Arabians
cool.gif I would like to suggest that we discuss the Al Khamsa Convention in Tulsa under this forum topic. Plenty of wonderful things to talk about and plans to make. Liz, will you be coming? We would love to see you there!

As for the discussion regarding the survey from the AHA, since this is indeed another topic, I will start a thread for that. I would love to hear what you have to say about this, and have a few choice words of my own. But since this is about the 2008 Al Khamsa convention and education, and not the AHA, wink.gif let's not get off track.
Ellen
LMG
Remember the fun we had in October of 2007, with the bull riding, the dancing in the streets, the naked lady drill team, the "probably never ready for prime time palyers" play, the seminars, the spurs, chaps and sombreros, the open houses and the FOOD?

Well, that was then, this is now, and I've heard that the Al Khamsa Convention, this year, is a response to the gauntlet that was thrown down in Paso Robles, California. In Tulsa, this year the Al Khamsa Convention's motto is: "The Most Fun You Can Have, Without Laughing!" (No, wait, I think they may have lifted that from some other activity, will check and get back to you.)

Well, wherever the stole they new motto from, it will probably be right up there, and I urge everyone to come and see the bear, or perhaps the real bigfoot, in Tulsa. The Nationals are so yesterday, and the Al Khamsa Convention is the happening and the place to be.

LMG

Old Crippled Bob and I are looking at flights.
LMG
I so miss having secretaries to proof read.

LMG
An American Breeder
Bigfoot is up here in the Northwest, didn't yah know? And they now say they have found his body!

Don't worry about fun for 2009, I'll be there
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.