Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ebc Stallions
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
An American Breeder
The list is up on the Pyramid Society with name, sire and dam, website or email and the fee for those stallions still available. I saw several of there that are known stallions, either very good breeding, or proven sires.
Cheryl L
Here is the list:
http://www.pyramidsociety.org/PdfInfo/2008...avail.studs.pdf

You are right, Liz................some very well known bloodlines on there. Very fine stallions.
Cheryl
ArabianFancy
I am surprised that Ibn Nitaya's has not sold . He sired the Champion EBC colt last year and the Reserve champion colt this year. Also, " TOR A Royal Eagle " is TDR, with a "D" . He belongs to a customer of mine.
An American Breeder
Regarding Ibn Nitaya. I received some information on him.

Just read the thread on EBC stallions. Someone asked about Ibn Nitaya's breeding not being sold. Hidden Springs donated a second breeding (first one sold in live auction) which is being offered for sale. He did sire the 2007 EBC Champion colt and won over $17,000 and in 2008 Ibn Nitaya sired the Reserve Champion Colt. Not sure how much he won, but it's probably around $10,000.
Echo1
If the first one sold, why didn't the second one sell?
An American Breeder
It says: The FIRST one sold during the live breeding. There IS a second breeding that was offered (at the time of nomination to the EBC list) and the back-up bidder did not take it. That's all. Nothing else.

So the second breeding is still available.
Echo1
Why wouldn't the 'back-up' bidder take the breeding if he/she bid on it just a second before?
Cheryl L
Probably because they went on to bid on another stallion. I have a friend that did that years ago. She was outbid on a breeding and then went on and won another breeding, on a different stallion. She was then offered the back up breeding and could not afford 2 breedings. So she had to refuse.
Cheryl
An American Breeder
I do NOT know the circumstances. But here is a possibility, and that is all.

Lot 11 Ibn Nitaya (spelling?) $1350 sold for $2000 two breedings available, one breeding sold

Perhaps the bidder up person only had really around $1600 or stretching it $1700 or maybe but not really 1800. There high bid was $1900, over what they really had to bid, and another person bids them up at $2000. This bidder up guy/gal looks over the crowd during the bidding and knows who is bidding against them (see, I been there before in the bidder up person's shoes) and says, &*(* they will just keep going, so no sense to continue and I do not have the $$ to continue anyhoo.

And since they were ALREADY over their set amount, they probably went home or somewhere else. Remember that second breeding now HAS to sell for $2000.
DinFayez 7
Are Silvereen's breedings still available?

Matt
An American Breeder
As of this weekend the pdf shows there is a breeding available to EAI Silvereen, Matt.
DinFayez 7
I saw on Slivereeen's web-site that they were sold! Oh well! I have El Kaream & Elixir's EBC breedings. That will keep me busy!

Matt
An American Breeder
You are correct, Matt. Perhaps TPS has not yet caught up with all the sales or perhaps it just occured.

The El Masr site states both breedings are sold and to whom they were sold.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.