Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mare Info
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Dina M.
Has anybody heard of a mare called Abbas Mareeka. I'm trying to get her pedigree and have failed to find any info on her, except that Hamdan stables had a mare called Dihmana (Dharieb x Abbas Mareeka) in the 70's or 80's. And that is the only info that I could find no details. Would be great if someone can provide the info.
Kromar Arabian Stud
Hi Dina

The mare is called Abas Mareekha (AHR 266484) born 1982/06/15, colour Gr.
She is by El Mareekh out of To-Phet (Talal x Hialeah who is by El Hilal out of Hekmat)
The progeny I know of are:
Stallion Kabir Al Gadah by Ruminaja Ali
Mare Dhimaara by Dharib
Mare Imperial Safeekah by Ibn Safinaz
Mare Tareekha by Hadaya El Tareef
Gelding Taremar by Hadaya El Tareef
Gelding Tareekh by Hadaya El Tareef
Gelding Tamareekh by Hadaya El Tareef
Mare Hals Angel CF by Abraxas Halimaar

I hope that will help you biggrin.gif
Greetings
Mariks
Julia
The only mare I could find was "Abas Mareekha", an El Mareekh daughter out of an Talal daughter who is owned by Chapel Farms/USA. I am sure you mean another one but sorry this was the only name that matched with the AHRA data source cdrom.
Kromar Arabian Stud
Hi
The reason I said that the horse she seeks are Abas Mareekha is that she had a foal by Dharib = Dihmaara
She and a daughter of her are owned by El Masri

Mariks
Dina M.
Dear Mariks,

Thanks a million for the info, as there is a mare that a friend might buy and her grandmother is Dihmarra. Can't thankyou enough, hope I could be of any help.

Best Wishes
Dina
Dina M.
Julia thanks for your efforts as well in trying to provide info.
ema
Hi Dina,
I am the owner of Abas Mareekha (pics and pedigree to the desert available via private email in respect to this forum's rules smile.gif ). I would love to have a picture of Dhimara, Abas Mareekha's black daughter!! Do you have any information on that black mare?

Julia
El Masri Arabians
Gulsun Sherif
Dear Julia,

I think Dhimaara was sold to Mr. Ahmed Hamza in Egypt, there is a photo of her black daughter Mona by Hafeed Anter (EAO), a 1994 mare, in our new Reference Handbook. Mona belongs to Mr. Mohsen Al Gabry of Al Gabry Stud. I can call him and find out if he has a photo of Dhimaara herself.

Best regards,

Gulsun Sherif
Jmarcan
As my older mare is another Dharib daughter, pictures of other Dharib offspring would also be appreciated. As I remember Dharib (DalulX*Nafei) from Stonebridge in the mid-1980s he was an OK, but not spectacular colt despite the stratospheric dollars involved in his syndication. In any case, he did not remain fixed in my memory!

Subsequently I have heard it said that he had good movement, (which my mare fortunately seems to have inherited), but have also heard comments that his head was perhaps less typey than one might ideally want. Does anyone know if he is still alive? I would be interested in seeing other offspring!

Jmarcan
Ontario Canada
ema
Hello Gulsun,

Thank you for your kind offer. Old Abas Mareekha is a beauty with huge eyes and wonderful, though somewhat independent, personality. smile.gif I do know she has produced champions and is the dam of Imperial Safeekah (in Italy) and her foals (and grand-foals)have been beautiful. It was very interesting to me when I bought her how she produced color as she does... and with grey stallions!!
My own daughter of Abas Mareekha is bright chestnut with a huge blaze down her face, but full of fire and very typey. This black daughter, Dhimara is a mare I have wanted to see for a long time... a grey and a grey producing a true black is interesting, though I am not a color breeder smile.gif
Right now, Miss Bess (Abas Mareekha) is in the hands of a good friend who has graciously allowed her to cohabitate with a SE stallion, to try to get one or two more foals from this grand old mare... I don't know another mare of this breeding anywhere... Abas Mareekha is out of the *Talal daughter, To-Phet and by *El Mareekh. She stands about 14.2 but thinks she is a big mare and gives that impression to those around her smile.gif

Julia
Dina M.
Dear Ema,

Unfortunately I do not have any info on Dhimara except that I know she's owned by Hamdan stables. However I do have a friend who has a colt out of Dhimara, and if you're interested I can try to get a picture from him and send it to you,

Best Wishes,
Dina
ema
Hi Dina,
It would be wonderful to have a picture of Dhimara, if you have one available smile.gif
Julia
Sliver
Hi,

Dharib last recorded foal was in 2002 and he was owned by a gentleman in NY. This foal was born in Alabama though. I thought he had passed away as well or gotten lost in the shuffle like a lot of unfortunate horses at Stonebridge did but apparently not. Before that his last foal was in 1996. I had one of his daughters at one time and although I don't have a picture of her, she was a nice enough mare. Short back,head, big eye, nice straight legs etc. I would say that the one thing that I wish was better on her was her head for typy. Her dish was there but not very prominent and her head never dried out the way it really should have. Other than that I loved the mare herself.

Hope that helps somewhat.
Guest Julia

Here are a couple of pictures of Abas Mareekha, and her now grown daughter by Abraxas Halimaar. And a picture of Dharib.. I do not know author of the Dharib, and I took the pics of Abas Mareekha smile.gif
Guest Julia
Sorry,
Messed up and hit the wrong button....

Guest Julia
here is Dharib.
In checking the pedigree for the cross between this fine stallion and Abas Mareekha, the only black horse that shows up in a 5 generation pedigree (datasource) is Gharib of 1965, the sire of Dharib's dam.... I am sure as we go back there must be others but to produce a true black mare (Dhimara) from this cross is very interesting smile.gif

Gulsun Sherif
Dear Julia,

I have spoken to Mr. Ahmed Hamza who previously owned Dhimaara, he has sold her to Mrs. Hoda Hedaya but thinks he may have a photo of her. He will check and let me know. I will also call Hoda and ask if she has any photos of her.

Best wishes for a very Happy New Year!

Gulsun
ema
Gulsun,

Thank you so very much for your kind attention to my wishes for a picture smile.gif I appreciate everything you have done, whether we get a picture or not smile.gif

I wish I could afford an embryo transfer for old Abas Mareekha! She sure has been a good producer smile.gif

Julia
Dina M.
Dear Ema,

I have checked with my friend who has a colt out of Dhimara, and unfortunately he does not have any pictures of her. However I will try to get you some and maybe Gulsun will have better luck than me.

All the best
Dina
Omar Sakr
Dhimara is now owned by Hoda Hedaya. I picked the mare the mare for Ahmed Hamza in the early nineties as I was travelling in Pittsburgh it was later sold to Hassan Breish and finally to Hedaya Stud. Her picture is in Gigi Grasso's first book published on Egypt
ema
Mr. Sakr smile.gif

Thank you!!
Now I just have to get that book. Does anyone know the title? If it is the wonderful "Return and Renaissance" as shown on this site, I will order it.. if another, can someone relate the title to me smile.gif

Julia
Dina M.
Dear Ema,

I think the book mentioned is CAPTURED IN TIME - EGYPT, you'll find it on www.gigigrasso.com, but you'll have to contact him to buy it.

Dina
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.