Ray
Chiron
Here's another biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

and one more laugh.gif

Click to view attachment

rolleyes.gif
Seglavi
Ray and Chiron, please identify those beautiful horses. I have a genetic weakness for chestnuts myself, wish I had some good photos of some of my AK horses that fit that description, but alas, Christine lives very far away. I too am in favor of encouraging our young friend in London, don't give up on those dreams kiddo, just use this time to study, study, study. Later on you will be mucking, mucking, mucking, LOL!
Pam Studebaker
vclink
Thee Integrity!

Click to view attachment

Valerie
Tous crins
QUOTE (Seglavi @ Aug 6 2008, 01:14 PM)
Ray and Chiron, please identify those beautiful horses.  I have a genetic weakness for chestnuts myself, wish I had some good photos of some of my AK horses that fit that description, but alas, Christine lives very far away. I too am in favor of encouraging our young friend in London, don't give up on those dreams kiddo, just use this time to study, study, study. Later on you will be mucking, mucking, mucking, LOL!
Pam Studebaker

Hi Pam,

i think it is Ray's spanish stallion - gorgeous.

Karen's pictures are of Zohar Z... RARE bloodlines! (taken with the little Sony DSC H1 in 06)

Christine
Ralph
I love the color chestnut and I love what this color does to a horse. They are, for the most part, very sensitive horses. For some people, it is good to have a sensitive horse...you learn a lot of respect, compassion, patience, understanding and kindness. For some others, you know the type, "I am going to teach this horse whooz da boss", well, THATS a little problem. tongue.gif

Nichole Sachs is an awesome photographer. How she captured the very essence of El Thay Mameluk (Ibn Nazeema x El Thay Mansoura), I will never know but I never tire of this photo of a most unforgettable horse...my favorite Chestnut. smile.gif I only wish he were mine. He is trained under saddle too, in dressage. smile.gif
Seglavi
Mouth wateringly beautiful. Whew, what a horse, what a photo!
Pam
Tous crins
Here is mine

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Almearas
Some recent photo's of friends horses, both Chestnut with aflaxen mane and tail.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Chiron
QUOTE (Tous crins @ Aug 7 2008, 02:09 AM)
Karen's pictures are of Zohar Z... RARE bloodlines! (taken with the little Sony DSC H1 in 06)

Christine

Zohar Z the first 2. His full brother in blood Z Evening Sun on the bottom biggrin.gif
tkr9
Aww thanks guys! smile.gif They really are all lovely! I have my own reddish hairs (some, my hair colour is very fickle even though I never dye it) and I kind of sympathise with reddies. tongue.gif

And the more chrome the better.

These are all absolutely stunning horses. smile.gif gbfahne.gif
hoerm
RH Preciousmoment (Encore Ali x Falehs Valentine)

I love to see what the sun does with the color chestnut...
Aremeriel
Antar (Kamal (Authentic Kharazi) x Hanifa Kan (Abakan))

Not so much chrome though, tkr9. wink.gif
Allyndah Arabians
Hi,

Here's one of our foals that was born a couple of years ago, his name is Allyndah Irresistibly Suave. He has some chrome for the chrome lovers..

Lynda :-)

Allyndah Arabians
Australia
cate
No chrome I'm afraid, but here's an old girl of 25 years, been with me for just one year. W Princess Bahyia (The Egyptian Prince x Hi Fashion Bahyia) One also of her chatting to my stallion. She has the run of the croft. A very sweet lady who has had, by the look of her body a pretty hard time in the US and UK before coming to me.
Jakes
I never really liked chestnuts and particularly not with blazes, until last year that I bred 2 in one year! ohmy.gif

Both are really special to me and since then the color has grown on me a lot. wink.gif
The first is my Carmargue grandson out of Ali Khamoud and the second is a filly by Patrician B (by Besson Carol)

Jakes
Razgold
I love chestnuts with chrome. Here are a couple of mine.

Lyndale China Moon and Celtic Princess LA

Sue
tkr9
Absolutely blinkin' stunning! All of them!

Razgold: Is China Moon named for the Enya song?

this was a nice idea but instead of cheering me up this thread is depressing me. I WANT ONE! mad.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Tous crins
QUOTE (Chiron @ Aug 7 2008, 12:09 AM)
Zohar Z  the first 2.  His full brother in blood Z Evening Sun on the bottom biggrin.gif

Gosh fooled me!
MHuprich
More chestnuts!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Razgold
QUOTE (tkr9 @ Aug 7 2008, 03:59 PM)
Absolutely blinkin' stunning! All of them!

Razgold: Is China Moon named for the Enya song?

this was a nice idea but instead of cheering me up this thread is depressing me. I WANT ONE! mad.gif

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

No it was just a name that popped into my head at the time.

Sue.
Tous crins
Wow Melissa,

Who are those liver chestnut?
Love that color.

Christine
2mntn
Click to view attachment

biggrin.gif
PlumCreek
Here is my chrome girl:
Cassandra WP
MHuprich
Hi Christine, will send you a pm on more details. The 2 top photos are of one horse (not a SE), the bottom one is my SE daughter of The Egyptian Prince several years ago with her filly by an Ansata Imperial son.
Melissa
Nafiesa Arabians
beautiful chestnuts everyone cool.gif

we have also 2 chestnuts
allanooka
We have plenty of chromed chestnuts. Here are some:

Masafi Mimosa - our matriach.
Click to view attachment Aged 23 and
with her son -Allanooka Omar
Click to view attachment
Below are 3 generations of Mimmy's descendants.
Her son - Allanooka Omar
His daughter - Allanooka Ray of Sunshain - with her mum - Cranston Park Khamissa
Click to view attachment
and Sunshain with one of her foals - Allanooka Born 'T" Shain
Click to view attachment
Sunshain's sons:-
Allanooka Rise 'N' Shain
and Allanooka Born 'T' Shain
Click to view attachment

Our other chestnut chromes:
Allanooka Shaiklan
Click to view attachment
Shakara
Click to view attachment
Halimas Padrons Melody
Click to view attachment

Cheers

Prue
Allanooka Arabians
Razgold
Here are another 2 of mine. They are mother and daughter.

Brightstar Lady Jane and Razina Gold.

Sue.
Gari
Antham, his sire *Rushan and Antham's daughter Janiya Maj and *Rushan's daughter, Carabella
Jenny Lees
QUOTE (cate @ Aug 7 2008, 11:54 AM)
No chrome I'm afraid, but here's an old girl of 25 years, been with me for just one year.† W Princess Bahyia (The Egyptian Prince x Hi Fashion Bahyia)† One also of her chatting to my stallion.† She has the run of the croft.† A very sweet lady who has had, by the look of her body a pretty hard time in the US and UK before coming to me.

gbfahne.gif I dont know this mare but how lovely that she is ending her days in such a nice home and where she can still feel young by chatting up your stallion. Well done for giving her a home so late in her life. Jenny
Ladypurr
Wow, Christine!

He is beautiful. Excellent photo of his eye! I love those close-ups and not everyone can pull it off. You did good, Girlfriend!!!

--Susan smile.gif
Ladypurr
Tkr9,

You are funny!

I am blessed with two lovely chestnuts and just love any shade of chestnut. I can't understand why people don't like white stockings and facial markings? They just add such striking appearance. Some of my favorite chestnuts are:

*Rushan, Antham, Prince Charmming, VooDooo, El Thay Misk, Kubinec, *Asaad,
*Faleh, Ames Charisma, Adnan, Vision, Vicktor, Nariadni, Ora El Masri, Serenity Sonbolah, Mike's own Mon Amir, and an old Crabbet-bred stallion named *Blue Mantle. I saw him in a park horse class at the PA National Horse Show one year and he just awed me. He was the darkest liver chesnut with white markings. Just a beautiful horse. AK El Zahra Moniet was beautiful as well. I saw him and Shah Nishan at the EAst Coast Arabian Championships in 1980. Shah Nishan won the class, but I still prefered Moniet.

You people have some of the most beautiful horses I've ever seen. It must be a true pleasure waking up in the morning and going to visit these special animals.

Here's a link to a beautiful "chrome and flaxen" chesnut. He was always one of my favorites--Gold-N-Ali.

http://www.supremearabians.com/pedigree/goldnali.html

And here's a tribute to him by a woman who owned his gorgeous son, Golden Ecstacy.

Enjoy!

http://www.dahabiarabians.com/index_files/...ansGoldNAli.htm

--Susan wink.gif
Ladypurr
Gari,

thanks for sharing these stunning photos.

The picture of *Rushan as a yearling is one I'll never forget. I remember seeing it in Arabian Horse World and remarking, oh! wow! what a striking youngster and then when I learned that he was the Supreme National British Champion at just a year old, I was floored.

He and Antham just make me think they are creatures who've stepped out of the Land of Enchantment to spread joy and happiness to all they meet.

And they surely do!!!

--Susan smile.gif
Ladypurr
Thee Integrity--He's really beautiful!!!

--Susan smile.gif
cate
deleted by cate
mistuarabians
Beautiful chestnuts!!!

I have always liked the chestnuts but never really thought much on chrome.... well until this year... I think there is a "personality" that goes with the extra chrome... so sassy and full of life!! We have 2 foals from out SOF Babson Halima stallion (black) that produce some serious chrome from non- chrome mares.

Our rejected foa--lDoing wonderfully with Buckeye milk replacer and feed!!

Mistu Izz al Din- SE

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

and one our 2008 fillies

Mistu Wafeeqa- EB/Crabbet

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

so special each of them and great, great personalities!!! We could not believe the chrome we got... most color I have EVER gotten ....even when I tried...hehe...

Jessica
Dieter
@ Ray,

Who is this second chestnut horse you've posted - never seen this piccy before?

Liz
marsha thompson
Hi Everyone,

Here's a head shot of our Versace mare out of a Tammen daughter. Sorry it doesn't reveal her chrome...but she has it. 3 nice white stockings...and a strip on her sweet face.

wub.gif
Jenny Lees
gbfahne.gif Hi folks we do "chrome" in the pure Bahraini colour shade chart biggrin.gif Here is Shuwaiman Al Rais our youngest endurance stallion. He upgraded to Open last week after completing his final Novice ride. He has done three Novice rides all at Grade One. This particular day he vetted out on a pulse of 33 and came back in on a pulse of 38 after 25 miles of very hilly going. The ribbons in his tail are to tell everyone that he is "green" (young Novice) and the blue ribbon warns folk that he is a stallion. Not that being a stallion makes any difference to Rais he is very laid back about life.
Jenny
Tous crins
QUOTE (Ladypurr @ Aug 8 2008, 11:48 AM)
Wow, Christine!

He is beautiful.  Excellent photo of his eye!  I love those close-ups and not everyone can pull it off.  You did good, Girlfriend!!!

--Susan smile.gif

So many gorgeous horses here... I do have a weakness for Rushan and Antham...

Hi Susan,

Thank you! He is my baby.
Just started to ride him. well not today or yesterday has he has a huge horsefly bite where the saddle should go...

A few more

Click to view attachment

I
2mntn
QUOTE (Dieter @ Aug 9 2008, 04:25 PM)
@ Ray,

Who is this second chestnut horse you've posted - never seen this piccy before?

Liz

Hi Liz,

That's Serenity Aruf

Ray cool.gif
Kessafan
I've got a couple for you all...
First of all is a now gelding, Brentwood Quasim Khan, stable name-Harley. He was gelded at the start of the year at the age of 8, to concentrate on his saddle career. He belongs to a good friend of mine, Shannon Parry in Qld Australia.
As a stallion.....
Click to view attachment
As a gelding.....
Click to view attachment
And his nearly 10 month old son in his hairy winter pajamas.... Out of my Egyptian related mare...
Sandy
crookedcreek
My Chestnut and Chrome boy !!!! biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif

Jan Alexander
Crooked Creek
ShadoWind
QUOTE (crookedcreek @ Aug 10 2008, 06:23 PM)
My Chestnut and Chrome boy !!!!  biggrin.gif  rolleyes.gif

Jan Alexander
Crooked Creek

LOVELY boy! What is his name/breeding?
Jakki
crookedcreek
QUOTE (ShadoWind @ Aug 10 2008, 07:38 PM)
LOVELY boy! What is his name/breeding?
Jakki

Thank you!!
He is Thee Halima B
2003 SE stallion by Thee Gambler X Ansata Aniq

Jan
Almearas
Hey Guys,

I was emailed these photos today of a young colt that is for sale and had to post them on this topic!!! I just love his markings, so unique!!! I'm sure his owners will get a good price for him with his markings and his beautiful face!!

Menna

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Tous crins
QUOTE (crookedcreek @ Aug 10 2008, 12:03 PM)
Thank you!!
He is Thee Halima B
2003 SE stallion by Thee Gambler X Ansata Aniq

Jan

Wow Jan,

I am pretty sure I saw him as a foal at Rocky Top in 2003. How old is he?
He was already gorgeous at the time.

Christine
Gari
QUOTE (Ladypurr @ Aug 8 2008, 08:29 PM)
Gari,

thanks for sharing these stunning photos.

The picture of *Rushan as a yearling is one I'll never forget.† I remember seeing it in Arabian Horse World and remarking, oh! wow!† what a striking youngster and then when I learned that he was the Supreme National British Champion at just a year old, I was floored.

He and Antham just make me think they are creatures who've stepped out of the Land of Enchantment to spread joy and happiness to all they meet.

And they surely do!!!

--Susan† smile.gif

Dear Susan,

Thank you-I was truly blessed and honored that the Cowards allowed me to purchase *Rushan...And Antham-well what can anyone say except that he lived up 100% to the combination of his folks' pedigrees. You have been with us from practically the day *Rushan arrived! What is so funny is that at the time he won the British Nationals I never dreamed that I'd one day own him but he had truly knocked my socks off and he overcame something like 2500 purebreds and partbreds to win the Supreme! So that day there was a booth selling fabulous art work and one was Pamela Du Boulay's Horse with the Golden Saddle...It was very pricey but I was so enamored of *Rushan my thought at the time was, "Well if I can't own *Rushan, I can own the next best thing and yanked out my credit card (after all what are they for????). So now, of course the irony is that I have them both. Weirder still is that the statue looked identical to *Rushan but the markings were slightly different....'Lo and behold 4 years later Antham is born and his markings are nearly identical to the Horse with the Golden Saddle's!

Thank you, too Christine...But then your taste in horses is excellent judging by your boy and his dam! Huge WOWs!
tkr9
I was going to say which horses were lovely, but they are all absolutely stunning! I can't decide which ones I like more, but the foals are cute, naturally, being foals.

I went to Bychan Arabians for their open day on Saturday, and that did it for me. Two gorgeous chestnuts just broke my heart. When I met them in the stable afterwards I'd never met such beautiful, beautiful horses, and one was just so affectionate. I thought it was Divine by Design (by Master Design) but I'm not sure it was, the name thingie had fallen off the stable door. Whoever it was I fell in love. She was just so affectionate and sweet tempered and built like a gazelle.

God it broke my heart not to take her home with me. It;s amazing just how much character makes a horse too, beautiful to look at, and a beautiful temperament, no fair! laugh.gif

I've seen arabians from a distance, but I have to admit not very often close up, and meeting these exquisite creatures at close quarters, with the most refined, sculpted heads and eyes a person might drown in, it completely blew me away.

I hate my job, I hate being horseless, and if I liked chestnuts before I'm besotted with them now! biggrin.gif gbfahne.gif S'not fair.

Guys, you are all blessed. You own some fabulous horses.
Dieter
@ Ray,

I like him - what a body, eh? wink.gif Would love to see more pics of the rest of your chestnuts.

Liz
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.