Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photo's Of Se Dark Liver Chestnut's With Flaxen
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Rising Phoenix
I love the coat color of the Phara arabians, does anyone have examples of any SE's with any of these coat colors? Please & Thank You!

I do love the coat color of the Rocky Mt. horse. Chocolate with white mane & tail . However I don't believe that we have any SE's with this beautiful color combo. I might be wrong & sorry if so & yes I need to bone up on color genetic's smile.gif . Thanks All.
vclink
How about Simeon Sehavi?

Click to view attachment

Valerie
Rising Phoenix
wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif THANK YOU!
Any blk liver chestnuts out there???
Tous crins

SADATS ESPRESSO 2003 Stallion (GLENGLADE SADAT x EH BAHRETTA by MESSAOUD) Anter sire line. Hadban Enzahi
morabene
A colt, The Triumph that I bred who left my house a regular chestnut with a flaxen mane, but turned a lovely liver color for his new owner. Boy was I surprised.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

And Prince Charmming (Alaa el din grandson) was an incredible black liver with a flaxen mane. He was featured in the Robert Vavra book "Horses of the Sun"

Martha
orient arabians
I have a two years old filly Orient Annlee (Orient al Rayyan - Orient Abisha - Tasallam) who was of a very nice color last year, now she is less flaxen.. may come back .. smile.gif
Tous crins
QUOTE (morabene @ Dec 9 2008, 11:01 AM)
A colt, The Triumph that I bred who left my house a regular chestnut with a flaxen mane, but turned a lovely liver color for his new owner. Boy was I surprised.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

And Prince Charmming (Alaa el din grandson) was an incredible black liver with a flaxen mane. He was featured in the Robert Vavra book "Horses of the Sun"

Martha

Hi Martha,

How old was he when he turned liver?

Christine
morabene
Hi Christine,

He was 2 when he left my house. I saw the photos of him at age 4-5 posted on the internet. I was stunned. Just stunned. I have his half brother who is also chestnut with a flaxen mane n tail. He has darkened, but has not turned liver.

Martha
Tous crins
QUOTE (morabene @ Dec 9 2008, 11:24 AM)
Hi Christine,

He was 2 when he left my house. I saw the photos of him at age 4-5 posted on the internet. I was stunned. Just stunned. I have his half brother who is also chestnut with a flaxen mane n tail. He has darkened, but has not turned liver.

Martha

I a am amazed at changes too. My own boy can be quite dark in the shade (glimmers in the sun and looks lighter) depending on the season but nothing like Espresso.

That horse is the darkest I have seen, must be one of those "purple" liver chestnuts.
His dam is a normal liver, sire normal chestnut. I am so far behind in my pictures.. I took pictures of her too.

Could you post your stallion pictures at 2?

Christine
morabene
I'll have to look for some photos of him. I have this photo of him. I believe he was a long yearling.
Click to view attachment
shaker
What about Mascha Frag? Is he still alive? Would be nearly 30 now.
dogwoodsprings
This is our filly Thee Asseefah by Thee Desperado x Renenet (Thee Gambler) at a couple months old...... she is now 6 months old and her mane and tail continue to lighten... we are hoping it to get flaxen like her older sister Miss Bellagio out of Renenet as well .....in the second picture. Next spring when she sheds her winter coat we should get much better idea where color is heading..... but as now her base coat is very dark.
Jerel
2mntn
QUOTE (Tous crins @ Dec 9 2008, 06:51 PM)

SADATS ESPRESSO 2003 Stallion (GLENGLADE SADAT x EH BAHRETTA by MESSAOUD) Anter sire line. Hadban Enzahi

Hi Christine,
WOW! That's a nice boy - is he at your place?
Ray biggrin.gif
Solita
Our Botswana filly born this year is a dark chestnut with a lighter mane & tail.
Plus she will have roaning all over her body.
Will be interesting to see her when she all sheds out next spring smile.gif
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Lysette
QUOTE (2mntn @ Dec 9 2008, 09:41 PM)
Hi Christine,
WOW!  That's a nice boy - is he at your place?
Ray  biggrin.gif

All the pictures of this fellow are so stunning, but those bottom two literally made me gasp. What a lovely creature, I so wish that I could see him in person!
Tous crins
QUOTE (2mntn @ Dec 9 2008, 01:41 PM)
Hi Christine,
WOW!  That's a nice boy - is he at your place?
Ray  biggrin.gif

Hi Ray,

No, he is at Calico (member's name), Sandy. She bred him. He is HUGE and very sweet. I have seen him every few years since he was born. His sire died last year at 29 (I think he was 29) at Chiron.

Christine
Tous crins
QUOTE (morabene @ Dec 9 2008, 12:22 PM)
I'll have to look for some photos of him. I have this photo of him. I believe he was a long yearling.
Click to view attachment

nice!
2mntn
QUOTE (Tous crins @ Dec 9 2008, 10:04 PM)
Hi Ray,

No, he is at Calico (member's name), Sandy. She bred him. He is HUGE and very sweet. I have seen him every few years since he was born. His sire died last year at 29 (I think he was 29) at Chiron.

Christine

Have I made either one of them mad at me? laugh.gif ohmy.gif ph34r.gif

Ray wink.gif
Tous crins
QUOTE (2mntn @ Dec 9 2008, 02:11 PM)
Have I made either one of them mad at me?  laugh.gif  ohmy.gif  ph34r.gif

Ray  wink.gif

don't know... Calico does not come here very often. No time to be on the web and both of them have very poor dial-up connections.

Wilma saw him, liked him a lot. He did injure a foot (stuck between two pipe pannels)...

Christine
Clothilde
WOW Christine, never saw that color except on Aradan, her owner Marcie Partlow posted here on the forum the picture, telling this color might come from the Khebir line if I remember correctly...
2mntn
Hi Christine,

I'll bet that Wilma did like that one. biggrin.gif Off topic, but are you using a Nikon? Like a D50 or newer? Your photos are always very well done.

Ray biggrin.gif
Tous crins
QUOTE (2mntn @ Dec 9 2008, 02:32 PM)
Hi Christine,

I'll bet that Wilma did like that one.  biggrin.gif  Off topic, but are you using a Nikon?  Like a D50 or newer?  Your photos are always very well done. 

Ray  biggrin.gif

I am a black sheep - Sony A700 (in the last year) - other Sonys before too.
Tous crins
QUOTE (Clothilde @ Dec 9 2008, 02:28 PM)
WOW Christine, never saw that color except on Aradan, her  owner Marcie Partlow posted here on the forum the picture, telling this color might come from the Khebir line if I remember correctly...

Hey Clo,

Did you know Diana Johnson has a video of Khebir galloping on hilly pastures?
That is a must see!

Princeton Maarena is a normal liver, similar to Espresso's dam.

In an old thread on this forum, people mentionned Ibn Rabdan. Common links going back far enough.

Christine
Chiron
QUOTE (2mntn @ Dec 9 2008, 10:11 PM)
Have I made either one of them mad at me?†  laugh.gif†  ohmy.gif†  ph34r.gif

Ray† wink.gif

HaHaHa. Have you really, really tried tongue.gif

Here's Sadat (Expresso's dad) at about 23 yrs. Think Sandy snapped it with my camera.
Click to view attachment

Here's Sadat @ 29 yrs. A Christine photo.
Click to view attachment

Feed canj often make a BIG difference in the intensity of the color in chestnuts.
I've been told kelp will really darken'm up biggrin.gif
kay cochran
Our mare, Moonfire, was a dark liver chestnut. She was by Dalul and out of SX Symphonette. a bay. JK
2mntn
QUOTE (Chiron @ Dec 9 2008, 11:43 PM)
HaHaHa.† Have you really, really tried tongue.gif

Here's Sadat (Expresso's dad) at about 23 yrs.† Think Sandy snapped it with my camera.
Click to view attachment

Here's Sadat @ 29 yrs.† A Christine photo.
Click to view attachment

Feed canj often make a BIG difference in the intensity of the color in chestnuts.
I've been told kelp will really darken'm up biggrin.gif

Hi Chiron,
No, I guess I haven't tried very hard.. wink.gif Say - there is no way I would have guessed that Sadat was 23 - or 29 in those photos. He still had a great looking back. Very good conformation, in my opinion..love his neck and bend at the poll.
I don't know if you tried very hard to get outside mares, but whatever - some folks missed out on a good one, I would think. So many good ones had to stand aside for the piddly-butt, dished-faced wonders of the "halter world". Too bad.

Anyway - thanks for the photos!

Ray biggrin.gif
Marilee
Solita, the body on your filly is wonderful. Who are the 4 grandparents of her dam? Thanks.
Solita
Thank you Marilee!

Her dam is
Imperial Kalima
(Imperial Al Kamar x Charm of Halima)
(El Hilal x Imperial Sonbesjul) x (*Ansata Ibn Halima x Nama)

QUOTE (Marilee @ Dec 10 2008, 01:19 AM)
Solita, the body on your filly is wonderful. Who are the 4 grandparents of her dam? Thanks.
Marilee
Awesome. I guess my eye for a good horse is pretty consistent. I had an El Hilal son here for most of his life, and also an *Ansata Ibn Halima son here on lease. Haven't seen Imperial Al Kamar in person yet, but I certainly have heard of Charm of Halima. Lovely filly out of a great mare there. Maybe some day we can meet and talk horses. Are you coming to the Vegas show this next spring?
Marilee
PS--I remember Prince Charmming. I think I have video of him as I was looking at his daughters many years ago.
crfarm
here are 2 pics of my colts sire
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
morabene
I have some photos of Prince Charmming and a videos of him. He was an incredible color. I always wanted it, but never got it. I own a son of his and the disposition is fantastic. His foals are wonderful.
Cheryl L
I found a picture of Prince Charmming in the pedigree section here on SE.com
Cheryl
Charaway Arabians
I am not sure if our stallion is the exact colour you are looking for?? I would call his mane more gold than flaxen.

But Simeon Sochain does fit this description of liver with Flaxen mane and tail.

Miranda
Cleland
Simeon Sira ( Imperial Madaar x Simeon Salome)
Cauly
This filly is a very black liver,her mane and tail are more of an orange color than blond flaxen,Both parents are grey.
Rising Phoenix
biggrin.gif Hello,
Thank You everyone for all the beautiful photo's. Well I see that we do have this wonderfull coat color in our SE's. Maybe not the true white mane but close.
Morabene, that boy you bred is beyond beautiful , do you regret selling him?
Cauly, tell us more about your filly's bloodlines, she sure is a beauty!

Solita that filly has a superb body & head & her color wub.gif !!! Is she for sale & will she be shown @ the Event?

Prince Charmming & The Triumph are both Holy cow WOW!!! those boy's have my dream horse color & I would be proud to have either one of them grace my stable wink.gif !

So everyone what SE bloodlines ( ansester wise) do you think could produce this color, come on out all you genetic buff's & teach us laugh.gif ! Thanks in advance smile.gif !
vclink
The Simeon horses get this unique coloring from the Simeon foundation mare 27 Ibn Galal V.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

In looking at her ancestors I think this coloring may have come from Ibn Rabdan. However, I have only seen seen these black and white photos of him. In it he appears to be a very dark liver chestnut. Maybe someone else who knows more about him can verify.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Valerie

All of the horses named in this thread so far are descendants of Ibn Rabdan. Coincidence?
calicoarab
Hello all! Thanks to everyone for their photos, and for the kind response to Chrisitnes' pics' of Espresso! "Bennie' (as he is known here at home) is quite the show off, he really loves an audiesnce, as did his dad. They are really 'people horses'. For the most part the liver does seem to follow the Ibn Rabdan lines, it is also fairly prevelent in the Babson horses. Khebir was just awsome! I will try to put up a photo of EH Bahretta. Her dark color is forever changing, so from year to year I always have a new horse! And I'm pleased to see someone else remembers the Phara Farm horses. They were also nice riding horses, so more than just pretty faces. And Primce Charmming is a beauty too!
BaileyArabians
I'd love to see more pictures of EH Bahretta, I think she's got a great body from the other picture I've seen of her. Gorgeous mare.

Kathy
jillerisman
This is the mare Illa Bint Serag
by *Serag (Anter x Bint Om El Saad)
out of Black Solataire (Sonietas Solar X Alfisa RSI).
She is an odd purple chestnut
with flaxen mane/tail.

Jill
morabene
Rising Phoenx,

I don't regret selling him, he has a wonderful home and is producing palominos for them. I keep all of them. But I saved some breedings to him. I do regret not having that color. I keep eyeballing his half brother and wondering. He's darker, but not liver. Maybe their mother, Alabaster will give me a liver filly with that blonde mane?

I have a foal that is coming next year that has a shot at being liver with the blonde mane. the mare carries the liver color and blonde. The sire is a 3/4 brother to Alabaster, he carries the flaxen mane and . . . maybe, maybe.

Martha
BaileyArabians
If this is the mare we saw at David's she's another lovely typy mare with a nice full body. Very beautiful in person.

Kathy

QUOTE (jillerisman @ Dec 10 2008, 09:27 AM)
This is the mare Illa Bint Serag
by *Serag (Anter x Bint Om El Saad)
out of Black Solataire (Sonietas Solar X Alfisa RSI).
She is an odd purple chestnut
with flaxen mane/tail.

Jill
Rising Phoenix
Hi Martha,
I have my finger's crossed for you wink.gif ! Calico, sorry I didn't mention your mare what a beauty, & for everyone else that posted photo's of their Liver chestnut's , THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

One of our SE sire's is a bay & has so far only been crossed with a SE Blk. bay & has produced two Blk foals so far, we never planned on blk. however it has been quite a nice bonus ( they both have super conformation, type , size legs so on... plus both are class A show winners). Upon study of our boy's ( my moms stallions) pedigree he has quite a few crosses to Ibn Rabdan, far back. His lines are quite interesting & his name is POV SI Alitaz we look forward to his future foals cossed with different colored mares who knows what we'll get??? Like I said eariler I really need ta bone up on color genetic's huh.gif laugh.gif !

Keep those photo's & bloodlines coming everyone, I would also love to know your location are you in the states or elsewhere? Thanks.
hayspetnut
crfarm - I have a 3 year old filly out of the same sire. We love her and she's a carbon copy of her sire - which I believe is still for sale.

Kathy
hayspetnut
crfarm - I have a 3 year old filly out of the same sire. We love her and she's a carbon copy of her sire - which I believe is still for sale. Here's the most recent photo that I have of him.

Kathy
Shakti
Our stallion was a light chestnut with flaxen as a yearling, and is progressively getting darker with age. THe last photos Ive posted are from last summer, and he is darker now (he turned 4 this year). I will have new photos of him this spring.

His coloring comes from 27 Ibn Galal V through Simeon Safanad as well, as most the horses in his pedigree are grey.

As a yearling:
Click to view attachment

And as a 2 & 3 yr old:
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
jillerisman
QUOTE (BaileyArabians @ Dec 10 2008, 04:04 PM)
If this is the mare we saw at David's she's another lovely typy mare with a nice full body. Very beautiful in person.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Illa Bint Serag is a different mare, but
you did see her at our place.

The mare at David's is Bint Serag
(*Serag x Hialeah by El Hilal).
Attached is a picture of Bint Serag taken at David's:

I like Bint Serag very much also -- an excellent mare!

Jill
crfarm
QUOTE (hayspetnut @ Dec 10 2008, 11:24 AM)
crfarm - I have a 3 year old filly out of the same sire.  We love her and she's a carbon copy of her sire - which I believe is still for sale.  Here's the most recent photo that I have of him.

Kathy

Beautiful pic Kathy! I have been wanting other pics and photos and have wanted this stallion too. I have just seen the pics I posted and one when he was much younger. Which filly do you have?
Stephanie
Ladypurr
Oh, my these pictures sure make my day! I LOVE CHESTNUTS, every shade, but liver is my favorite. I, too, love the beautiful Phara horses, descendents of the most classic Crabbet stallion, Lewisfield Sun God. My favorite of the stallions (living) is Majestic Sun but I also got to see Eclipse of the Sun and he was one of the most beautiful horses I've ever seen. Burgundy Sun is the most unusual chesnut--he is actually burgundy (like burgundy wine) in color.

One of our forum members--Jodi Tuft--has three incredible chesnut stallions. I tried to paste the photo but it only picks up the text so here's a link. My favorite (and only because I love his dam) is Messaoud's Amir. http://www.extendinc.com/valleyhorsecenter/stallions.htm

Those who mentioned Prince Charmming--Dr. Clemminger of Oasis Arabians in Arizona has a splendid Prince son--VooDooo. He was not only a halter winner, but was trained in dressage. A beautiful and sweet boy, too!

--Susan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.