Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Padrons Psyche Sold!
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - Übersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3
G.Naro
Who said that with money you can buy everything? Many times you can, but since you can't buy results, what about to buy a real stallion?
The rumour (or news) is that Padrons Psyche was sold to an European breeder. And he will not pay with Mastercard!

Gerald N.
Connyi
Is QR Marc getting a companion?
Marilee
many people here know that one can buy results dry.gif , not always good ones..
Arabian Stud Europe
QUOTE (Connyi @ Jan 14 2009, 05:50 PM)
Is QR Marc getting a companion?

Also heared that Shael Dream Desert was going to be Marc's stable buddy?
Robert 1
Hi Gerald,
Don't leave us all hanging, please give us more details of a transaction of this magnitude. biggrin.gif
Robert
Ralph
QUOTE (G.Naro @ Jan 14 2009, 12:37 PM)
Who said that with money you can buy everything? Many times you can, but since you can't buy results, what about to buy a real stallion?
The rumour (or news) is that Padrons Psyche was sold to an European breeder. And he will not pay with Mastercard!

Gerald N.

WOW. This is really, really, really big news...this is a very significant Arabian Horse, whose influence over the last 20 years has been extremely powerful. When I visited Wayne Newton's Aramus Arabians, my favorite horses were the Padron Psyche horses (out of the GG Samir horses). They were so beautiful.
2mntn
QUOTE (Robert 1 @ Jan 14 2009, 12:24 PM)
Hi Gerald,
Don't leave us all hanging, please give us more details of a transaction of this magnitude.  biggrin.gif
Robert

Hi Robert,

Did you mean to say "of this magnumtude"?? laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ray
p.s. - I wonder if those 3 lines to Aswan had anything to do with how he sired (1120+ registered) and how people liked him?
Ralph
There is a HUGE amount of Blunt desert bred blood in this horse, through the Crabbet lines on both sides of the pedigree., not to mention the 3 lines to Rodania through Priboj..combined with the Asil blood through Amurath Sahib and Kuhailan-Haifi. It is really impressive. As he is a chestnut colored horse, I wonder how much of his influence comes from the particularly strong family of Rose of Sharon????? That is, if we follow color theory to genetic influence. I just can't say enough of this horse, to convey how truly wonderful he really is. He is magnificent.
carol h61
So hes sold after they dumped 12 of his foals for 200.00 each.With another 19 supposedly going to a low end auction. If hes so good why the mass disposel of his foals to low end auctions
Ralph
I don't know anything about that. WOW. $200 each???? Who were the dams of these foals? Where would you find the results? WOW. Talk about a buyers market (not so good for the seller but very good for the buyer). I was shocked over the prices paid for SE mares, in the last quarter. But why be surprised when some car dealers are offering a second car for $0.99? When you have a lot of anything and you need to move it...These are tough times economically for all but if you are blessed with the resources enabling you to buy, you can get some AMAZING deals. We need to keep this all in perspective, as prices (or no sales) does not reflect the quality of the horse but rather a shrinking pool of people with disposable income to spend on horses...for right now.

By the way, just heard a report over expectations to when we might see an end to the recession and it was good to hear that we might start to see things bouncing back by the middle of the third quarter of 2009...that's somewhat good news, if we can all hang in there, right? smile.gif
Gideon Reisel
http://www.christine-jamar.be/html/hotnews.htm
horseranch
http://www.christine-jamar.be/html/hotnews.htm
horseranch
haha oeps laugh.gif
Nikita2006
QUOTE (Ralph @ Jan 14 2009, 09:59 PM)
I don't know anything about that. WOW. $200 each???? Who were the dams of these foals? Where would you find the results? WOW.

I hope I don't break any rule here by posing a link to another board -> http://forums.ablackhorse.com/index.php?showtopic=22948
Ralph
I am going to re-write this post, as there are 13 pages of messages on that other site and I am not sure how much of the information is actually factual and how much is, well, depending on the person posting, how many rounds of hearsay. I think the most responsible thing I can do is not say another word and I hope that the few posts I have read are not true...for the sake of the horses. sad.gif blink.gif sad.gif

It still does not change my opinion of Padrons Psyche...he has produced some really amazing horses and he still is a WOW for me. Congratulations to Mr. Paul Gheysens for the most wonderful horse he has purchased.

Have a great day everyone and

ALWAYS

ENJOY

YOUR

HORSES

It's a gift smile.gif

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
johnboy
QUOTE (carol h61 @ Jan 14 2009, 09:49 PM)
So hes sold after they dumped 12 of his foals for 200.00 each.With another 19 supposedly going to a low end auction. If hes so good why the mass disposel  of his foals to low end auctions

What is wrong with you? Do you wake up in the morning looking for something to be hateful and spiteful about?
Connyi
Thanks for posting the link to Jadem Arabians. That's really big news. Congratulation to his new owner and the best of luck and health to PP smile.gif
Arabiansummer
Thanks for the link! Nice boy, I've always liked PP.

Off topic, but I saw on the Jamar site news section that QR Marc's breeding fee is 7000€, and that's the early booking rate... Phew... I wonder if he will justify it in the long run.
Gideon Reisel
QUOTE (Ralph @ Jan 14 2009, 10:14 PM)
...there are 13 pages of messages on that other site and I am not sure how much of the information is actually factual and how much is, well, depending on the person posting, how many rounds of hearsay. I think the most responsible thing I can do is not say another word and I hope that the few posts I have read are not true...for the sake of the horses.  sad.gif  blink.gif  sad.gif ...

QUOTE ("This is a direct response From Bob and Dixie North from North Arabians")
Thank you for your email. We are in shock regarding this issue. The person we were dealing with gave us a totally different story. They agreed to provide the basic training on the geldings and find them good homes. They said they had a new farm with plenty of room and loved working with young horses. We have had many emails today regarding this situation. We have called the person we were dealing with (a Natalie) and she denies everything of course. We are now trying to buy back any of the horses that are still with them. So far she has not been cooperative but we will continue to try and save any of them that we can. Again, thank you and the others that sent us emails so we can at least save others that they have planned to pick up later this week. Please feel free to distribute this response anywhere appropriate. Again, we feel really bad about the situation and that we were fooled by a fast talking con artist.

Bob and Dixie.
flying hooves
Ok so they didnt directly sell to the auction, they sold to "a Natalie"

Addis would have been a far better fate for those 29 babies.
Ebony21
Well the Norths retired old Padrons Psyche. I wonder what he's going to be doing with him over there.........not retiring I would think. I think they sold him to make a buck before he gets too old, but that's just my opinion.
crfarm
QUOTE (flying hooves @ Jan 14 2009, 06:05 PM)
Ok so they didnt directly sell to the auction, they sold to "a Natalie"

Addis would have been a far better fate for those 29 babies.

there is MUCH more to it.
2mntn
QUOTE (Arabiansummer @ Jan 14 2009, 02:58 PM)
Thanks for the link! Nice boy, I've always liked PP.

Off topic, but I saw on the Jamar site news section that QR Marc's breeding fee is 7000€, and that's the early booking rate... Phew... I wonder if he will justify it in the long run.

He won't have to justify it - the folks who spend that much will work out the justification for him...ahead of time.
Bandit
QUOTE (carol h61 @ Jan 14 2009, 02:49 PM)
So hes sold after they dumped 12 of his foals for 200.00 each.With another 19 supposedly going to a low end auction. If hes so good why the mass disposel  of his foals to low end auctions

I thought everyone in "the know" knew things like this sometimes happen. Not just this horses get either IF this report is indeed correct. Remember when you couldnt give Probat daughters away?

Is it really possible that large farms produce lots of foals a year just to get ONE or maybe TWO that are good enough for the National venue. Hmmm. I wonder.

Bazy Tankersley said one time " If you breed a horse long enough, eventually your gonna get a good one from it".

Shush then Carol. There is still a dollar or two more to be made for throw away horses. Where's the nearest California common auction.
Going, going, goooonnne. Sold for $200.00 to number 2012. laugh.gif

Edited to say that IF this IS whats happened Ive seen enough of that thread on that other site to know that either someone is gonna produce photos as proof of receipts of sales to Mikes Aucition house and said horses sold or the report of these horses being sold for the sick "sport" of tripping in Mexico will be denied and the topic dropped. Who knows what really has gone on with all this.
Robert 1
QUOTE (carol h61 @ Jan 14 2009, 09:49 PM)

When it is considered how many mares he has been bred to over his career as a top breeding stallion, not all live up to his expectations considering when a stallion stands to the public, there is no control over the type of mares he is bred to, hence the outcome of the foals can't be controlled. biggrin.gif
Robert
Robert 1
QUOTE (2mntn @ Jan 14 2009, 08:32 PM)
Hi Robert,

Did you mean to say "of this magnumtude"??  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Ray
p.s. - I wonder if those 3 lines to Aswan had anything to do with how he sired (1120+ registered) and how people liked him?

Hi Ray,
Even though I have no horses with his lines or have ever had any bred to him, I will still go with Magnitude, because there is greatness in this stallion and such importance to his breeding. biggrin.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

Now come on who knows any details of the sale........................ huh.gif
Robert
tchaata
Well, actually it is not mention that Padrons Psyche or Sheal Drem Desert have been purchased... Shael Dream desert is said to stand in 2009 at Jadem Arabians for the breeding season. Is Psyche really sold or just leased or standing at stud at Jadem arabians? Who knows?
Am I wrong?
tchaata
QUOTE (tchaata @ Jan 15 2009, 11:10 AM)
Well, actually it is not mention that Padrons Psyche or Sheal Drem Desert have been purchased... Shael Dream desert is said to stand in 2009 at Jadem Arabians for the breeding season. Is Psyche really sold or just leased or standing at stud at Jadem arabians? Who knows?
Am I wrong?

blink.gif I have talked too quickly I had not seen Jadem Arabians Hot News...
julieM
Interesting, I'm still waiting to see the 70 or so QR Marc offspring that should have been born in 2008
anyone seen them?. Or have I not been looking in the right place.

Juliem
kal
Good news for some of us who were unable to use him while he was in the usa he is a stunning animal. gbfahne.gif
Dee Dee
QUOTE (Robert 1 @ Jan 14 2009, 07:52 PM)
Hi Ray,
Even though I have no horses with his lines or have ever had any bred to him, I will still go with Magnitude, because there is greatness in this stallion and such importance to his breeding. biggrin.gif  laugh.gif  wink.gif

Now come on who knows any details of the sale........................ huh.gif
Robert

Robert, heads up. I just purchased a gorgeous Padrons Psyche daughter.
PGD
I considered not posting at all to this, and didn't post on the "other" forum threads about this topic - but hey, why hold back when you can join the pack and throw stones and cast ugly aspersions for the sheer joy of seeing your words in print - evidently saying or suggesting mean things about people you hardly know or don't know at all is a major source of entertainment these days. Most of the people on SE.com these days, thankfully, do NOT fit into that category of "humanity", but if you read the entire thread on ABN (and probably ABH too, though I haven't seen that one), horses, facts, and conjecture aside, it seems that a large segment of society hasn't really evolved much from the Roman days of gleefully inciting the lions to tear the Christians apart, limb from limb. Great sport, don't you think? wink.gif Maybe someday someone can explain to me the delight found in deliberately hurting people for fun. <sigh>

I'm not commenting on what Norths did or did not do because I wasn't there, I know very few of the facts; if any of them, and I would never rely on internet message board postings as my basis for determining what happened in a situation like this anyway.

Now, back to what I do know. smile.gif Psyche was sold. Shael is still owned by Freeland Farms and is just standing at Jadem. Funny, my friend Robin bought breedings to Padrons Psyche and QR Marc when both were still in the States and she bought a breeding to Shael when he was supposed to be coming to the States, and now all three are to be in Belgium. Guess frozen semen is better than nothing. smile.gif

Dee, congratulations on your new Psyche daughter. I have one too - out of an El Hilal daughter, making her a pretty high concentration of Egyptian blood. smile.gif What's your mare's dam line? Those Psyche daughters are special, aren't they? smile.gif

Nancy P.
Dee Dee
QUOTE (PGD @ Jan 15 2009, 09:19 AM)
I considered not posting at all to this, and didn't post on the "other" forum threads about this topic - but hey, why hold back when you can join the pack and throw stones and cast ugly aspersions for the sheer joy of seeing your words in print -  evidently saying or suggesting mean things about people you hardly know or don't know at all is a major source of entertainment these days.  Most of the people on SE.com these days, thankfully, do NOT fit into that category of "humanity", but if you read the entire thread on ABN (and probably ABH too, though I haven't seen that one), horses, facts, and conjecture aside, it seems that a large segment of society hasn't really evolved much from the Roman days of gleefully inciting the lions to tear the Christians apart, limb from limb.  Great sport, don't you think?  wink.gif  Maybe someday someone can explain to me the delight found in deliberately hurting people for fun.  <sigh>

I'm not commenting on what Norths did or did not do because I wasn't there, I know very few of the facts; if any of them, and I would never rely on internet message board postings as my basis for determining what happened in a situation like this anyway.

Now, back to what I do know.  smile.gif  Psyche was sold.  Shael is still owned by Freeland Farms and is just standing at Jadem.  Funny, my friend Robin bought breedings to Padrons Psyche and QR Marc when both were still in the States and she bought a breeding to Shael when he was supposed to be coming to the States, and now all three are to be in Belgium.  Guess frozen semen is better than nothing.  smile.gif

Dee, congratulations on your new Psyche daughter.  I have one too - out of an El Hilal daughter, making her a pretty high concentration of Egyptian blood.  smile.gif  What's your mare's dam line?  Those Psyche daughters are special, aren't they?  smile.gif

Nancy P.

GTF Psylk Rose #0515939
Dam is WN Sultress
Robert 1
QUOTE (Dee Dee @ Jan 15 2009, 04:05 PM)
Robert, heads up.  I just purchased a gorgeous Padrons Psyche daughter.

Congratulations Dee,
This sounds so exciting, I can hardly wait to see more of this line of horses, I have always been an admire of their outstanding beauty and refiment.
Padron started a whole dynasty that has set these horses up as top show horses in national competition. biggrin.gif
How could she not be gorgeous being sired by the beautiful Pardons Psyche biggrin.gif wink.gif
Robert
2mntn
QUOTE (Robert 1 @ Jan 15 2009, 10:48 AM)
Congratulations Dee,
This sounds so exciting, I can hardly wait to see more of this line of horses, I have always been an admire of their outstanding beauty and refiment.
Padron started a whole dynasty that has set these horses up as top show horses in national competition. biggrin.gif
How could she not be gorgeous being sired by the beautiful Pardons Psyche biggrin.gif  wink.gif
Robert

Hi Robert,

I imagine that with over 1100 foals, some were plain-headed clunkers. However, I did see a son of Magnum P, here in Idaho the other day. That typey head sure passed along on him. But I'm not sure about the refinement part - depends on what you breed him to, I guess. A bit long bodies, in my estimation. I recall some comments from around here - 4 or 5 years ago - if you didn't have something by MP to show, you might as well stay home. dry.gif And many did...stay home. Those necks were getting a little ridiculous in length...to say nothing of straight shoulders, etc.

Ray
hilltia
Wow, would be lovely to see him in the flesh in Europe!
I have two super daughters of his too, they are so precious smile.gif not to mention versatile - One is a showjumper as well as multi champion show horse.
mckulley1
I was told that the reason why he was retired from public stud was because he was starting to not ship semen well....so I wonder what the plan is now...if that was in fact the case?
PGD
The long necks aren't coming from Padron or Padrons Psyche. They are coming from the horse that is often crossed on Psyche daughters, Echo Magnifficoo or on down the line from the Magnum bred horses (totally different phenotype, in my opinion). I don't remember Padron having a particularly straight shoulder either. Did he?

I imagine that with over 1100 foals, some were plain-headed clunkers.
Ray, I'm sure you're right about this, but then, you could replace the number of foals and say the same thing about any stallion ever born. wink.gif Some were plain headed clunkers, and a great variety of mares have been bred to Psyche to produce that number of foals. Heck, with most stallions, you could reverse it and say that any stallion bred enough times is bound to sire at least one foal with a pretty head, but what's the point? smile.gif I also agree with you that it does depend on what mare he is bred to - again, as it would with any stallion.

Anyone who has seen both Psyche and Magnum will tell you they are quite different, physically, a point which always makes me wonder when folks set about dissing the entire line. Anyone who hasn't seen Magnum in person probably has no idea what he really looks like. smile.gif Of course, they aren't perfect horses, and neither of them will be everyone's cup of tea, but in my humble opinion, Magnum's look was heavily influenced by his Spanish dam. He is quite a different style horse than his sire, and he sires quite a different horse than does his sire, in most cases, again, just my opinion. Psyche is much more Crabbet/Russian/Egyptian looking to me - which is what he is.

Another observation, having seen a lot of the Psyche horses, is that Magnum is pretty much an anomaly among the Psyche offspring, and he seems to sire his own look and characteristics. Padrons Psyche's solid colored (bay or chestnut) daughters tend to look a whole lot like their sire, while the grey Psyche daughters I've seen seem to have even a little more extreme heads than most, along with shorter necks - maybe the influence of Psyche's triple Aswan heritage? It makes for an interesting study. smile.gif

Did anyone realize that even this year's National Champion, LD Pistal (who, to me, is one of the plainer looking Magnum sons) has not only the 3 lines to Aswan behind his sire line, but his dam is out of mare that is well over half Egyptian, being a granddaughter of Ansata Shah Zaman and Nabiel. I know - I digress, but I just find the blending of blood which produces these horses fascinating. smile.gif

I wish Padons Psyche a safe journey and a healthy life in Belgium.

And Dee, I love that pedigree. I would imagine your mare IS extremely beautiful. smile.gif

Hilltia, that doesn't surprise me either - my mare is a wonderful mover and the Padrons Psyche daughter my friends lost last year was a superb mover - even Hansi was impressed. Wish I could find those photos - maybe I will have to do some digging.

Nancy
Ladypurr
If this is true about Padron's Pysche being sold, I only hope and pray that his new owners treat him with great care and respect. I'm pretty sure they will. He must be in his 20's. Like his sire, he is a phenomenal breeding stallion. If he didn't sire another horse, he is still incredible and worthy to be treated as a king.

As for passing on unkind stories about less-than-perfect offspring being "dumped" by his former owner, even if it were true (and I seriously doubt that it is), unless you have rock-solid facts (and it is truly public!), why start such ugly stories on forums such as this? What do you have to gain by such thoughtless posts?

We all know that not every foal is going to be a show horse. Try as we may, we fail when it comes to finding responsible, "good" homes. What the former owners posted in their comment suggests that they are doing more than most people would do in an attempt to rectify a sad situation.

Let's celebrate this horse' new chapter in his glorious life, not try to turn it into a tabloid feeding frenzy.

--Susan sad.gif
smokygirl
QUOTE (PGD @ Jan 15 2009, 09:02 PM)
The long necks aren't coming from Padron or Padrons Psyche.  They are coming from the horse that is often crossed on Psyche daughters, Echo Magnifficoo or on down the line from the Magnum bred horses (totally different phenotype, in my opinion).  I don't remember Padron having a particularly straight shoulder either.  Did he?

Ray, I'm sure you're right about this, but then, you could replace the number of foals and say the same thing about any stallion ever born.  wink.gif  Some were plain headed clunkers, and a great variety of mares have been bred to Psyche to produce that number of foals.  Heck, with most stallions, you could reverse it and say that any stallion bred enough times is bound to sire at least one foal with a pretty head, but what's the point? smile.gif  I also agree with you that it does depend on what mare he is bred to - again, as it would with any stallion. 

Anyone who has seen both Psyche and Magnum will tell you they are quite different, physically, a point which always makes me wonder when folks set about dissing the entire line.  Anyone who hasn't seen Magnum in person probably has no idea what he really looks like.  smile.gif  Of course, they aren't perfect horses, and neither of them will be  everyone's cup of tea, but in my humble opinion, Magnum's look was heavily influenced by his Spanish dam.  He is quite a different style horse than his sire, and he sires quite a different horse than does his sire, in most cases, again, just my opinion.  Psyche is much more Crabbet/Russian/Egyptian looking to me - which is what he is.

Another observation, having seen a lot of the Psyche horses, is that Magnum is pretty much an anomaly among the Psyche offspring, and he seems to sire his own look and characteristics.  Padrons Psyche's solid colored (bay or chestnut) daughters tend to look a whole lot like their sire, while the grey Psyche daughters I've seen seem to have even a little more extreme heads than most, along with shorter necks - maybe the influence of Psyche's triple Aswan heritage?  It makes for an interesting study.  smile.gif

Did anyone realize that even this year's National Champion, LD Pistal (who, to me, is one of the plainer looking Magnum sons) has not only the 3 lines to Aswan behind his sire line, but his dam is out of mare that is well over half Egyptian, being a granddaughter of Ansata Shah Zaman and Nabiel.  I know - I digress, but I just find the blending of blood which produces these horses fascinating.  smile.gif

I wish Padons Psyche a safe journey and a healthy life in Belgium. 

And Dee, I love that pedigree.  I would imagine your mare IS extremely beautiful.  smile.gif

Hilltia, that doesn't surprise me either - my mare is a wonderful mover and the Padrons Psyche daughter my friends lost last year was a superb mover - even Hansi was impressed.  Wish I could find those photos - maybe I will have to do some digging.

Nancy

You are the first person I have heard of that agrees with me. I think that Magnum looks a lot more like his dam and granddam (Medina Azahara) then his sire or maternal grandsire! But their aren't many photos of them floating around, so I guess people assume he looks like the Padron line, when he's much more like his spanish parts.
AlineS
Sorry, that I might sound stupid or not up-to-date but who is Mr Paul Gheysens? blink.gif
Emancy
QUOTE (AlineS @ Jan 16 2009, 10:07 AM)
Sorry, that I might sound stupid or not up-to-date but who is Mr Paul Gheysens?  blink.gif

The man who (reputedly) bought QR Marc for $4,000,000
paelmchen
Sorry, that I might sound stupid or not up-to-date but who is Mr Paul Gheysens?  blink.gif

A belgian breeder, who also bought QR Marc.

Look at the website of Christine Jamar:

http://www.christine-jamar.be/

ciao Roland Palm
AlineS
So, he has no farm of his own and puts all his horse at Jamar Arabians?
What horses did he bred?
Nikita2006
He has also done some extensive shopping at the last couple of Pride of Poland sales (Wiazma, Ekina, Altona, Fraskata, Polenta, Sawantka, ...)
Jakes
I wish Padron Psyche all the best in Europe.

However, my own take on the Psyche/Magnum Psyche lines is this:

If all the grains of sand were diamonds, what would a diamond be worth? They could still have a lot of quality but their desirabilty would be a LOT less.

I personally feel that the Arabian Breed is breeding itself into a corner with the heavy promotion of certain sire lines world wide. Not that these are necessarily bad stallions, they are just way over bred.

Chins up to those of us who are still sticking it out with the less fashionalbe, but rare and unique pedigrees wink.gif

Jakes
Gideon Reisel

Hello Aline,

Click HERE for a indepth article written for Tutto Arabi Magazine about Mr. Gheysens, the person and his passions...
Popitka
QUOTE (AlineS @ Jan 16 2009, 10:25 AM)
What horses did he bred?

I think Mr. Gheysens is an Investor, not a breeder - am I rhight? Well, nothing to say against people who are willing to put a lot of money in that industry.... wink.gif
Nikita2006
QUOTE (AlineS @ Jan 16 2009, 10:25 AM)

From what I've heard he has his own farm where he keeps his mares etc. It's only the stallions that stand at Christine Jamar's place.
Verena1
Hi Ivana, you're right!
Mr. Gheysens is a investor!
However, he is also a very nice, pleasent person!
He have his own farm, where the mares have her home.
He expect also 40 foals this year by ET from Marc!

Other rich people invest her money in Hedge-Fonds, his investion and passion are the arabian horses!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.