Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2009 Australian National Championships
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ▄bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Liz Allen
Hi there

Unfortunately I didn't make it down there this year, but I'm sure a lot of us would love to hear from others who did get there and also share some photos.

The judging started today, and there are already results on this useful website:
http://www.impressivewebdesign.com.au/shows.html

Good luck to all who are competing, and I hope the show goes well for everyone involved. I'm sure there will be a lot of fabulous horses there to watch, not to mention talented riders, handlers and strappers.

Also The Arabian Shop will be down there, I would have loved to go shopping at that store. Thank goodness you can order most products online though, they have a great range of quality products. I'm looking forward to buying some products soon for next season.

Cheers

Liz

smile.gif
DemelzaH
I'd also love to hear stories from the various Open days. Bashir, Seven Oaks and Slipstream were on today.
tiawarra
Hello Demelza,

I went to all three open days today! Am very tired right now, have been on the go for 19 hours!

Will try to give a commentary on what I saw, some time soon.

All the best...............Debbie
Dennis
Dear Debbie:
This would be very nice but sleep well first! biggrin.gif
Allyndah Arabians
Deleted info and checking again to make sure..

:-(
DemelzaH
tongue.gif
Marilee
I'd like to learn what these definitions are (how different from here in USA) :

Arabian Pony
Arabian Warmblood

AngloArabian
PartBred Arabian

Saw these on 2 show results and want to learn more. Thanks. smile.gif
Allyndah Arabians
Hi Demelza,

Mmmm dont i feel like a dill.. i have read it several times and have just asked to make sure its correct.. as it was written in results for the Aussies...

Thanks...

Lynda :-)
Liz Salmon
I believe I'm right in saying that Arabian ponies are under 14.2 and need have only a small percentage of Arab blood. The Arab Warmblood is a cross between the 2 breeds. I have seen some fabulous examples when judging over there. The Anglo is the same as here a cross between the TB and the Arab. The Part bred is a cross between any other breed and the Arab.
DemelzaH
QUOTE (Marilee @ Mar 19 2009, 01:49 PM)
I'd like to learn what these definitions are (how different from  here in USA) :

Arabian Pony
Arabian Warmblood

AngloArabian
PartBred Arabian

Hi Marilee,
Here's a table which should explain:
http://www.ahsa.asn.au/pdfs/DerivativeTable.pdf

Hey Lynda no problem, I'll delete my above quote etc until it's sorted out! laugh.gif Here is the timetable for the Aussies anyway:

http://www.ahsa.asn.au/pdfs/timetablefinal.pdf
Kaitiaki
QUOTE (Marilee @ Mar 19 2009, 01:49 AM)
I'd like to learn what these definitions are (how different fromá here in USA) :

Arabian Pony
Arabian Warmblood

AngloArabian
PartBred Arabian

Hi Marilee, we certainly have different guidelines for our Arabian Derivatives here in Australia! smile.gif
As you would have seen from Demelza's link, the categories our registry has for Arabian Derivatives are:
Anglo Arabian
Arabian Pony
Arabian Riding Pony
Arabian Warmblood
Partbred Arabian
Quarab
Arabian Stockhorse

If you would like some more detailed information, here's the Standard of Excellence.
Marilee
awesome info. Thanks to all for their input. You are far more progressive than in the "States". The proof of the power of the Arabian is in a great outcross.
DemelzaH
Results for 2yo purebred fillies:
Champion: Ghazala El Jamaal (Marwan Al Shaqab x Foxbriar Parysel)
Reserve: Chelleason Wind Fortune (Gai El Jullyen x Windsstar)

Pedigrees for those interested: http://ahsadata.com/studbook/pedigree.cfm?ahsid=260034
http://ahsadata.com/studbook/pedigree.cfm?ahsid=254856
DemelzaH
Well Lynda it looks like your words were prophetic... have just got off the phone and heard the wonderful news...
SUHALIA AL SABA is the AUSTRALIAN CHAMPION FILLY 3/4 years! Yahooo! As if you didn't know already with all my bleating over the past few months laugh.gif , Suhalia is by Thaqib Al Nasser from Simeon Siboni
http://ahsadata.com/studbook/pedigree.cfm?ahsid=252901
Reserve went to Mustangs Magnum (Magnum 44 x Sahtarah) http://ahsadata.com/studbook/pedigree.cfm?ahsid=250006
Liz Allen
QUOTE (Demelza Hoogeveen @ Mar 21 2009, 01:51 AM)
Well Lynda it looks like your words were prophetic... have just got off the phone and heard the wonderful news...
SUHALIA AL SABA is the AUSTRALIAN CHAMPION FILLY 3/4 years! Yahooo! As if you didn't know already with all my bleating over the past few months laugh.gif , Suhalia is by Thaqib Al Nasser from Simeon Siboni
http://ahsadata.com/studbook/pedigree.cfm?ahsid=252901
Reserve went to Mustangs Magnum (Magnum 44 x Sahtarah) http://ahsadata.com/studbook/pedigree.cfm?ahsid=250006

Wonderful news:-) Thanks for sharing Demelza. Do you know what the scores were?

And I think the Chelleason filly was the one who won at the EC...lovely:-)
I haven't heard of the other filly, but she has some lovely bloodlines, will be nice to see some photos soon.

Lucky you Debbie:-) I would also love to hear about the open days as I was planning to go down for these as well, but unfortunately was unable to. I hope you catch up on some sleep:-)
Liz Allen
QUOTE (Marilee @ Mar 19 2009, 01:49 AM)
I'd like to learn what these definitions are (how different fromá here in USA) :

Arabian Pony
Arabian Warmblood

AngloArabian
PartBred Arabian

Hi Marilee, here is an example of a top quality Arabian Warmblood (multi Aussie champ, EC champ and Nationals champ) she also won in open dressage up to Medium level and has produced some stunning foals like this years EC Supreme ridden derivative AND this years EC Derivative Cup winner (Myrimbah Cha Cha)
This mare is called Myrimbah Atlandrea, her sire is a warmblood and her dam is pure Arabian (Crabbet). She was bred to a pure warmblood to produce Cha Cha and was also bred to a pure Arabian twice from memory, unfortunately one of these foals died tragically as a yearling and absolutely stunning. I believe the Arabian Warmblood is a difficult cross to breed, it's much harder to produce a quality individual than an Anglo for instance. I have seen many in which the breeding has gone awfully wrong, i.e the resulting foal looks like a small draught horse instead! However I believe they generally have better temparements (less hot) than your average anglo. Cha Cha has an amazing temperament and is very well educated under saddle even though she is only 6yo. Her owner Maree rode her recently after not having ridden her since she was first started and said to me she was simpy 'a dream of a ride'. Mark Tarrant is not only an amazing rider, but so talented at training them too. I'll have to download the photos of her from the EC and post them in the Arabian Warmblood thread, she is stunning! Unfortunatly she isn't competing tomorrow due to the location of the show, however some other people will be relieved that they don't have to compete against her no doubt!
Kaitiaki
Wonderful to hear about Suhalia's win. biggrin.gif Congratulations to ALL the winners at the Aussies!

Looking forward to hearing from Debbie about the Open Days. And looking forward to hearing from others about the show too.
RobertVic
I know this is a 'breeders' site but wondered if anyone at the Aussies yesterday saw that Fairview gelding go champion? Wow, blew me away, very typey and what a mover! He had the most 19's of the show yesterday and the joint highest marks of the day. All judges gave him 19 for head and 19 for movement, I would have given him 20's! Great to see a stallion quality gelding! does anyone know who owns him? Go the geldings!!
RobertVic
QUOTE (Kaitiaki @ Mar 21 2009, 02:35 PM)
Wonderful to hear about Suhalia's win. biggrin.gif Congratulations to ALL the winners at the Aussies!

Looking forward to hearing from Debbie about the Open Days. And looking forward to hearing from others about the show too.

Hi Did anyone see the Fairview Gelding yesterday that went Aussie Champion? Wow what a horse! He blew everyone away, where has he been hiding? Super Typey and an unbelievable mover. He had more 19's than any of the other purebreds all day and the joint highest mark of the day, all judges giving him 19 for head and 19 for movement, I would have given him 20's!

People wondered why he was gelded but I think a terrific gelding is a great ambassador for the breed! My favourite horse of the show so far, does anyone know who owns him or his exact breeding? as I had no catologue and cant get back to the show today.
RobertVic
yes, a well deserved win for such a lovely filly. So very feminine. Well done Sabah!
Stephen McMorrow
Many congratulations to Glen and Louise. She looked so feminine and is certainly one to watch as a mature mare.
Liz Allen
I just heard that Fire Alert went Reserve Champion in the stallion class, I am not surprised as he really impressed me at the EC and Jason Hodgkins (sp) showed him beautfully and the horse looked really happy and excited in the ring. I am so happy for all involved. This stallion also makes a lovely saddle horse.

smile.gif
JMO
Well said Stephen and what about your guy....you must be thrilled with your own results . wink.gif
I also heard you had a huge turn out at your open day with some 200 visitors who ate you out of food in no time. laugh.gif Some told me that Ansata Iemhotep made their hairs stand up on the back of their neck, such is the presence of this stallion. smile.gif JMO
Stephen McMorrow
Thank you JMO, I was thrilled with my boy, lots of lovely feedback, highest points of the day for head and movement, and for a gelding, really really amazed and happy. The open barn was a fantastic evening, we were thrilled that so many people came and hope they enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed having them there!
DemelzaH
More purebred halter results:
Purebred Arabian Colt, 2yo
Champion - Aamahni (TS Al Malik x Aliha Bint Nizr)
Reserve - Morocco ERA (Om El Shareikh x River Oak Summer Girl)
Top 6 Eklipse, Valinor Park Ghazal, Kharbonation J, Elganen El Adien,

Purebred Arabian Colt 3-4 years
Champion -CraveFF (MASH x Bremervale Charmed)
Reserve - Because (Magnum 44 x Befame)
Top 7 Azteq LBA, El Sidaqa, Shak'abu, Lexington Eclipse, Bremervale Bey Sebastian

PURE ARABIAN MARE, 5 YEARS AND OVER
CHAMPION
Bremervale Arwen (Bremervale Hercules x B. Bey Accolade)
RESERVE CHAMPION
Principessa CCA (Vercase x Pele Bey)
TOP TEN
Bluegrass Fairy Tale (D'Amors Saabi-Khan x B Storybook)
Shala (Sarezin x Safiyah)
Navarra Rikkara (Sanadik Ibn Estopa x Trystan Replicaa)
Audrey H JCA (Falcon BHF x Von Herte Only One)
Bremervale Charmed (Desperado x B Spellbound)
Damalana (El Damascus x Taflana)
Bremervale Lyric (Desperado x B Bey Accolade)
Just Fantasy (Pampas Kalil x Atlantis Park Kylin)

PURE ARABIAN STALLION, 5 YEARS AND OVER
CHAMPION
Klass (TS Al Malik x Karmaa)
RESERVE CHAMPION
Fire Alert (TS Al Malik x Fire Flame)
TOP TEN
KA Shahal (SK Shakla Khan x Halina Shaklan)
Paro Alemap (VVF Kai x Paro Pamela)
Ennis (PL) (Ganges x Elada)
Caramea Wind Candle (C Wind Dancer x Desrt Fox Pinup)
Kaysand Shere-Khan (Ali Kamar x Nadaara)
Rokewood Riyadh (Shatoor x Simeon Shelli)
Unforgettable Era (Om El Shareik x Joda Bashaar)
Symbolik (Abu Shaklan x Magdalena)
DemelzaH
Top 10 2 yo fillies
As previously mentioned, Ch and Res were Ghazala El Jamaal and Chelleason Wind Fortune, with the TT being:
Victoria Park Nahzaya, Parada, Quartz Hill Farm Johara Shaklan, Chelleason Bey Jullyeanne, Wybalena Lodge Blue Moon, Bremervale Magdalena, Ravensvale Al-Amani, Brentwood Exquizite

...and 3/4yo fillies Ch and Res Suhalia Al Saba & Mustangs Magnum with TT:
Aviva, Rimaraa, B Fortune Queen, B Bey Angel, Avondale Grace, Dara Park Sarina

Judges scores and full pedigrees for all classes are here: http://ahsadata.com/show/show.cfm
DemelzaH
Yearling colts
Ch Shumani ERA
Res Varaz
TT
Shahrak, Astor, Valinor Park Eli, Mustangs Magnet, Prince CharmingFF, Bremervale Prince Caspian, Istashra Malachi, Bey Rafiq

Yearling fillies
Ch Ishtaar ERA
Res Lover GirlFF
TT
Magelica, Shaylen Park Ooh La Laa, Vaya, Quartz Hill Farm Ooh La La, Breakaway Kleopatra, Bremervale Narnia, Ajmala Mulahn, Deshala

Yearling geldings
Ch Mulawa Ace
Res High Calibre
TT
Zihayr, FuturisticFF, Chelleason El Julle Ser Mur, Mulawa Inspired
DemelzaH
Purebred geldings 2 years
Ch Shafiq
Res Dara Park Zyon
TT
Valinor Park Sakim, Kathmar Park Radar

Purebred gelding 3/4 yrs
Ch Fairview Ibn Shakla Khan
Res Tiggah
TT
Ghost Whisperer, Falzon Four Claim, Shahzar, Sienna Star Wars, Jakel

Purebred gelding 5+
Ch Electric Dreams
Res Arinya Park Monsoun
TT
Shalizar, Panasia Kirdal, Flame Afire, Eastwinds Exclusively, Avondale Eternity, Kathmar Park Seclusive
smile.gif
http://ahsadata.com/show/show.cfm
Allyndah Arabians
Thats Great news Demelza... and a well earnt win with Suhalia Al Saba.. i saw her as a weanling and she was my pick of the foals.. just gorgeous.. would love to see her now... ahh the physic powers that be...lol....

Congrat's to all others also on your great wins..

Lynda :-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.