Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hanan (eao)
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - Übersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
KGH
Hanan a bay mare bred by the EAO and born in 1967 was sired by Alaa El Dine (Nazeer X Kateefa) and out of Mona (Badr X Mahdia) Abayyan (om el gres)

Hanan Produced the following foals

1st Generation:

1972 Ibn Galal 1 (stallion) by Ibn Galal
1973 Ghazala (mare) by Ghazal
1974 Abdallah (stallion) by Ghalion
1975 Jamill (stallion) by Madkour1
1976Arussa (mare) by Madkour1
1978 Ameera (mare) by Madkour 1
1979 Amal (mare) by Mohafez
1980 Ashraff (mare) by Mohafez
1983 Alia (mare) by Jamilll
1984 Asfour (stalllion) by Malik
1985 Salaa El Dine (stallion by Ansata Halim Shah

The following six Straight Egyptian Horses were from breeding half brother to half sister through the mare Hanan by *Jamill

2nd Generation:

1980 Afifa (Jamill X Ghazala)
1981 Alifa (Jamill X Ghazala)
1983 Aziz (Jamill X Ghazala)
1987 Amrulla (Jamill X Ghazala)
1983 Ameena (Jamill X Amal)
1984 Ibn Jamil (Jamill X Ashraff)

The following seven Straight Egyptian Horses were from breeding half brother to half sister through the mare Hanan - by Salaa El Dine

1989 Adnan (Salaa El Dine X Ghazala)
1989 Nahaman (Salaa El Dine X Ameera)
1990 Shahin (Salaa El Dine X Ameera)
1990 Newal (Salaa El Dine X Ghazala)
1990 Alaa Al Dine (Salaa El Dine X Ashraff)
1993 Mandoubh (Salaa El Dine X Amal)
1994 Ken Mareena (Salaa El Dine X Amal)

Salaa El Dine (Ansata Halim Shah X Hanan) was bred to Ansata Gloriana (Jamilll X Ansata Ghazia)

and produced:

3rd Generation:

Helala - Bay mare born in 1992
Moharam 1994
Helwa 1995

This was of the first three generations of breeding Hanan, an accomplishment in both thought and process by a breeder who had a vision to not only maintain a mare line but also to fully develope a mare line. Though careful and thoughtful planning of the use of excellent horses of the highest quality his vision in brought to fruition as well as the vision of others who supported this family of horses in Straight Egyptian. Where by through careful planning and use of key horses from Ansata through Ansata Halim Shah and Ansata Gloriana the vision is realized.
There are but only two ways to prove a horse, one is through the ancestors and the other is through the progeny. The latter being time consuming and of often quite tedious, yet the most rewarding for the future which often will give a much clearer view and greater insight into a family of horses.

COMING SOON-to Straight Egyptians.com Journal

Part 1 - Interview with Dr Hans Joachim Nagel
by Kelly Gobla-Hughes ©copyright 2009

"With “family” I mean a dam family based on a certain foundation mare. If mares belonging to such a family are bred to stallions of different types, such a family starts to be unreliable and cannot be considered as a solid cornerstone in a breeding programme. They remain a member of that family; in breeding they follow a different trend. Otherwise their type could be possibly be maintained".... Dr Hans Nagel
Greg Egan
Dearest Kelly

I can not wait to read the article.

I have just been reading my Hanan book again the past few nights, I love reading about it and the honesty that appears in it, everyone should read it, its great to read about the Hanan family but also hear opinions on so many other horses and environments with Arabian Horses.

Hope all is well

Kindest Regards

Greg Egan
KGH
Hi Greg, smile.gif
I guess you can tell I've just read the book through again too! biggrin.gif It's one of my favorites as Dr Nagel is very straightforward in his remarks about breeding SE horses. I think you'll really enjoy this first series of articles and interviews in the Journal. Dr Nagel's first interview is 17 pages long and part one of my interview with him , he was very open and candid with me to which I'm really happy about, and then I"m also working on a follow up article to this with him so we can expand upon some more things in greater detail. Also, there are plenty more interviews coming from other long-time notable breeders from around the world who are contributing as well. I'm putting something together now with Omar Sakr who I think we've all missed hearing from lately. I am so genuinely thankful for all those who are participating in this project. Plenty more to follow, but I dont' want to give away too much just yet wink.gif .... I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

How is your Hanan grandson, the bay? Any new pictures you can share? He's a shining example too of just what the Hanan line is doing today in SE.
Great to see you here. smile.gif
Kelly
Greg Egan
Dear Kelly

Everyone knows how so lucky we are to have the amazing Hanan son Asfour here in Australia, we love him and am so lucky to have two Asfour Stallions and several related females.
Bay Egyptian Related Simeon Safsal by Asfour from Simeon Sigalit

Grey Straight Egyptian Stallion Simeon Sohar by Asfour from Wed Albadeia
and the magical
Double Asfour mare Stavs Simbel by Simeon Stav from Simeon Sima.

BUT we are also extremely happy to have two additional males who Hanan feature in their pedigrees.
Maarhir (co owned wth Pearsons View) by Salaa Sihr(Salaa El Dine x Ansata Nile Magic(Jamill)) from Maardassa.
and Ashquar Sihr(Salaa Sihr x Simeon Shaina) who we are expecting his first foals this coming season. Ashquar had three crosses to Hanan through her famous sons Jamill, Asfour and Salaa El Dine.

Salaa Sihr is one of my most favourite stallions, I just love him and am thrilled to have two of his beautiful sons, we look forward to their foals in the future.

Can not wait to read your articles, they sound great and look forward to them all.

Thanks for asking about Saf but I had to add the others as well, I hope you do not mind.

All the very best

Greg Egan
Connyi
Thanks for posting these Ppcs of Safsal biggrin.gif He looks great, both pretty and powerful rolleyes.gif
Solita

by Kelly Gobla-Hughes ©copyright 2009

I am looking forward to reading this article too.
I hope it is soon smile.gif
Shanaz
QUOTE (KGH @ May 20 2009, 02:22 AM) *
Hanan a bay mare bred by the EAO and born in 1967 was sired by Alaa El Dine (Nazeer X Kateefa) and out of Mona (Badr X Mahdia) Abayyan (om el gres)

Hanan Produced the following foals

1st Generation:

1972 Ibn Galal 1 (stallion) by Ibn Galal
1973 Ghazala (mare) by Ghazal
1974 Abdallah (stallion) by Ghalion
1975 Jamill (stallion) by Madkour1
1976Arussa (mare) by Madkour1
1978 Ameera (mare) by Madkour 1
1979 Amal (mare) by Mohafez
1980 Ashraff (mare) by Mohafez
1983 Alia (mare) by Jamilll
1984 Asfour (stalllion) by Malik
1985 Salaa El Dine (stallion by Ansata Halim Shah

The following six Straight Egyptian Horses were from breeding half brother to half sister through the mare Hanan by *Jamill

2nd Generation:

1980 Afifa (Jamill X Ghazala)
1981 Alifa (Jamill X Ghazala)
1983 Aziz (Jamill X Ghazala)
1987 Amrulla (Jamill X Ghazala)
1983 Ameena (Jamill X Amal)
1984 Ibn Jamil (Jamill X Ashraff)

The following seven Straight Egyptian Horses were from breeding half brother to half sister through the mare Hanan - by Salaa El Dine

1989 Adnan (Salaa El Dine X Ghazala)
1989 Nahaman (Salaa El Dine X Ameera)
1990 Shahin (Salaa El Dine X Ameera)
1990 Newal (Salaa El Dine X Ghazala)
1990 Alaa Al Dine (Salaa El Dine X Ashraff)
1993 Mandoubh (Salaa El Dine X Amal)
1994 Ken Mareena (Salaa El Dine X Amal)

Salaa El Dine (Ansata Halim Shah X Hanan) was bred to Ansata Gloriana (Jamilll X Ansata Ghazia)

and produced:

3rd Generation:

Helala - Bay mare born in 1992
Moharam 1994
Helwa 1995

This was of the first three generations of breeding Hanan, an accomplishment in both thought and process by a breeder who had a vision to not only maintain a mare line but also to fully develope a mare line. Though careful and thoughtful planning of the use of excellent horses of the highest quality his vision in brought to fruition as well as the vision of others who supported this family of horses in Straight Egyptian. Where by through careful planning and use of key horses from Ansata through Ansata Halim Shah and Ansata Gloriana the vision is realized.
There are but only two ways to prove a horse, one is through the ancestors and the other is through the progeny. The latter being time consuming and of often quite tedious, yet the most rewarding for the future which often will give a much clearer view and greater insight into a family of horses.

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>by Kelly Gobla-Hughes ©copyright 2009</span>

"With “family” I mean a dam family based on a certain foundation mare. If mares belonging to such a family are bred to stallions of different types, such a family starts to be unreliable and cannot be considered as a solid cornerstone in a breeding programme. They remain a member of that family; in breeding they follow a different trend. Otherwise their type could be possibly be maintained".... Dr Hans Nagel

Hi there!

I have a Abdallah daughter and grandson!
Al Shahab and Sher'Russia

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/al+shahab
Studer
Nicht vergessen ICHAM Sindibad x Ameera 1992
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.