Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something Exciting For Me
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
FarmgirlAlee
So if you have read some of my previous posts, you might know that I am the new proud owner of RHR Tala. She is just barely 2 years old and I just brought her to Montana a week ago tomorrow.

Tala has been so willing to learn and do what I want. The other day the round pen was being used for another horse so I took her down to the large outdoor arena. So far we had only been using a round pen and/or a short lunge line for training work.

I decided at the arena that we would both get a work out so I didn't put on her lunge line on. I figured that if she misbehaved we would both get a work out and since I need to lose a few pounds that was okay.

So I gave Tala her command to start trotting like I do when we round pen, and to my surprise, even though she has a huge competition sized arena to run in, she kept close to me- maybe a 40-50 foot circle just like the round pen. She knew she could take up the whole arena, but she round penned around me without walls or barriers of any kind. I am so proud of her!!
Cheryl L
What a good filly she is. You are developing quite the bond with her.
Good for you, too!
PGD
There is just nothing like having one-on-one time with your horse, is there?! Your excitement and pride in your filly make me smile. smile.gif I've just started halter lessons with my 1-month old colt, and I am really enjoying the time with him, just getting to know him. smile.gif

Keep having fun and keep letting us know how your filly is progressing!

Nancy
FarmgirlAlee
Thanks Nancy and Cheryl!

We did some lunging over poles on the ground yesterday and the stable as a wooden bridge/platform in one of the arenas so I lunged her over that and walked her up and down over it. We also went for a walk through the woods and down by the river. She is so great! My heart is just so full of love and happiness right now!

The only thing so far that she hasn't liked is having her ears clipped, but she even has been standing for that. Considering it's a new location and new clippers, I can understand, so I am taking it slow and desensitizing her to the clippers a bit every day. I am sure in no time she will just stand patiently for it with hardly a flick of her ears! biggrin.gif
jerelkerby
It is wonderful to hear you tell of your girl and the bond the two of you are getting.
Jerel
sarri
QUOTE (FarmgirlAlee @ Jul 12 2009, 11:51 PM)
So if you have read some of my previous posts, you might know that I am the new proud owner of RHR Tala.  She is just barely 2 years old and I just brought her to Montana a week ago tomorrow.

Tala has been so willing to learn and do what I want.  The other day the round pen was being used for another horse so I took her down to the large outdoor arena.  So far we had only been using a round pen and/or a short lunge line for training work. 

I decided at the arena that we would both get a work out so I didn't put on her lunge line on.  I figured that if she misbehaved we would both get a work out and since I need to lose a few pounds that was okay. 

So I gave Tala her command to start trotting like I do when we round pen, and to my surprise, even though she has a huge competition sized arena to run in, she kept close to me- maybe a 40-50 foot circle just like the round pen.  She knew she could take up the whole arena, but she round penned around me without walls or barriers of any kind.  I am so proud of her!!

awesome 2 thumbs up way ta go both of you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.