Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kehilan Horses In Europe? Makhsous Blood?
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - Übersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
TommyH
Dear all,

Wondering if anyone has Kehilan bloodstock or/and Makhsous blood in their barn??
Babette
Hi Tommy,

I have Amurath Grey Dawn here in Germany. She is Makhsous x Ramses el Haia by Shaikh al Badi.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

and her filly of this year by Richter MH

Click to view attachment

...and her colt by Messaoud

Click to view attachment

greetz
Babette
TommyH
QUOTE (Babette @ Jul 23 2009, 12:10 AM) *
Hi Tommy,

I have Amurath Grey Dawn here in Germany. She is Makhsous x Ramses el Haia by Shaikh al Badi.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

greetz

Hi Babette,

So you are the very lucky owner of Amurath Grey Dawn!! I congratulate you with this SUPER looking mare AND a SUPERB fillie by Richter!!!! The Messaoud son doesnt look bad either!!!
All in all a very nice group of horses! How old is this colt? Must be of one the last croups from Messaoud.
Are you breeding Grey Dawn this year? To who??

Best,

Babette

Babette
Hi Tommy,

yes we are the proud owners. And thank for the nice words about her !
The colt is 3 years old now and he was one of the last breedings of Messaoud, you´re right.

We just got the filly foal 4 weeks ago and we are just planning the next breeding. It depends on many things - but we have three breedings to choose.
Richter we are repeating for sure, but I´m not sure if we get it this year. This filly is so exciting - she is always full of presence, tail flagged and prancing around !!

regards Babette

Babette
Hi Tommy,

I just remembered the name - we have Royal Spirit KA in Italy ... a really nice chestnut stallion, which I saw on the EE Europe.

greetz babette
Mandarin
rolleyes.gif oh I agree totally with Babette a really nice stallion

greets Renate
TommyH
QUOTE (Babette @ Jul 28 2009, 02:45 PM) *
Hi Tommy,

I just remembered the name - we have Royal Spirit KA in Italy ... a really nice chestnut stallion, which I saw on the EE Europe.

greetz babette

Yes - I altso remembered him yesterday - Altso some friends from Sweden had his full brother Regal Spirit KA on lease one year from Willy Poth, Classic Arabian Horses - France but he did not sire to many foals. It really doesnt seem to be an real interest in the KA horses in europe or what....???
Babette
I´m pretty sure many of the breeders over here don´t know the Kehilan breeding.

Where is Royal Spirit now ... this was the other one I was thinking about ! Are there fotos available ?

regards Babette
Babette
sorry, I mixed them up ... "where is Regal Spirit now" is the correct question.
TommyH
QUOTE (Babette @ Jul 29 2009, 09:59 AM) *
sorry, I mixed them up ... "where is Regal Spirit now" is the correct question.

I am not quite sure where he is but you might find the answer at this website www.najiib.se - The website of the stud that had him at leasing in Sweden.

I find it hard to believe that breeders do not know the Kehilan program although I wont argue hard on the fact........, one should think that horses like Sultan, Makhsous, Nabiel and the legacy within straight egyptian breeding that these horses bring should make them VERY popular. I have a feeling that breeders do not expect enough prettyness and extreme heads from this lines and therefore do not include them in their program. Could it be so??
AbshaArabians
ZITAT(Babette @ Jul 23 2009, 12:10 AM) *
Hi Tommy,

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

greetz
Babette

Hi Babette

wunderwunder schönes Stütchen, und die kleine Richter Tochter ist auch ein Traum, meinen Glückwunsch zu solch tollen Stütchen.
Naa, die 2 gehören in die Big Eys Diskus.. rolleyes.gif

grüßle
Miri
Babette
Danke Miri,

ja schöne Augen haben sie ... *träum*
Wenn die kleine selbst mal solche Fohlen macht bin ich mehr als zufrieden laugh.gif

@Tommy,

it´s another sort of type as the show-barbies, but nevertheless very typey horses, with georgeous bodies and gaits to die for !
Over all very good horses - in my opinion, like everything it´s everybodys taste ....

Acorn AEA
I am not in Europe - but I do have two Kehilan horses - and gee - they are both beautiful. Bodies are flawless - movement breathtaking - and a tail carriage to envy! Their heads are classic and eyes are expressive. I have a video of a colt on my website www.Acorn-Arabians.com that is the Makhnificent KA blood. I look for a "real" horse that can be ridden and be competitive. You certainly get that with the Kehilan bloodstock. We went to a farm visit this year and I have never seen so many georgeous horses in one place! The Kehilan owners and managers are wonderful and treat you like you have a million dollars (which we don't). Anyway - I just wanted to add my two cents worth - I think more of Kehilan blood should be in Europe!
Liz Salmon
I have nothing but high praise for the Kehilan family run farm. They are only one hours drive from me and I love to take visitors down there. Great people and wonderful horses.
carolmaginn
I think the real issue is people need to know how to use such a valuable ingredient to get "the whole horse".

Here is my latest filly sired by Bellisimo BCR - (Marquis I x Primabella KA). Her dam is a Safinaz grand daughter out of a Desperado son. I think she is quite pretty but that is just my taste...

QUOTE (Acorn AEA @ Aug 4 2009, 08:07 AM) *
I am not in Europe - but I do have two Kehilan horses - and gee - they are both beautiful. Bodies are flawless - movement breathtaking - and a tail carriage to envy! Their heads are classic and eyes are expressive. I have a video of a colt on my website www.Acorn-Arabians.com that is the Makhnificent KA blood. I look for a "real" horse that can be ridden and be competitive. You certainly get that with the Kehilan bloodstock. We went to a farm visit this year and I have never seen so many georgeous horses in one place! The Kehilan owners and managers are wonderful and treat you like you have a million dollars (which we don't). Anyway - I just wanted to add my two cents worth - I think more of Kehilan blood should be in Europe!
Acorn AEA
QUOTE (carolmaginn @ Aug 4 2009, 02:27 PM) *
I think the real issue is people need to know how to use such a valuable ingredient to get "the whole horse".

Here is my latest filly sired by Bellisimo BCR - (Marquis I x Primabella KA). Her dam is a Safinaz grand daughter out of a Desperado son. I think she is quite pretty but that is just my taste...

So cute!
Babette
Yes very nice ... look at that body, that´s a horse to do everything ! And she has a lot of type too !
carolmaginn
She is awesome and just like her daddy at that age - same curious and strong personality. But if she could she would sit in your lap.... I just love her!!!

I think that its a shame that people have so many stereotypes in breeding horses. There are so stereotypes and there there is my reality. Here are some examples:

Stereotypes I have heard My Reality (what I have found)

1) Kehilan Horses Don't have Type 1) Kehilan horses often have really beautiful type, and generally contribute movement and great body

2) Desperado Horses have bad legs and can't move 2) Desperado Horses are the easiest way to get some type into a horse with a good body

3) Ali bred horses are way to hot or are crazy 3) Ali horses are intelligent and have charisma and help revive horses that are too quiet

There are so many stereotypes out there and its a shame because often the people who most need each other don't work together because of their prejudices. I so admire those who have a fresh palatte and are not afraid to try new things for it is those who will win the ultimate prize.

Carol

QUOTE (Babette @ Aug 5 2009, 03:20 AM) *
Yes very nice ... look at that body, that´s a horse to do everything ! And she has a lot of type too !

Babette
I totally agree with Carol.
Stereotypes are very common, and they are narrowing the breed, as many people are only using the same sort of horse. Boring ... wink.gif
Treff Haven Arabians
QUOTE (carolmaginn @ Aug 4 2009, 03:27 PM) *

Carol, you're filly caught our eye already on the other thread, "Whos The Best Stallion To Give The Best Body,buttock And Dock?" She looks like a lovely combination of her bloodlines and one to watch. Also would be interested to find out how she moves and whether that powerful drive and stride that our experiences with the Makhsous line has provided through his son, Nagsous (Makhsous x Nagliah [*Ibn Hafiza x *Nabilahh]). Nagsous is a class A Liberty Champion in competion against both purebred and half Arabians. The blend of the Makhsous (and other Sameh blood) with mares of the *Morafic/Shaikh Al Badi lines shows continueing evidence of success in our own program, as well as at Kehilan, and now with your filly through her dam, a Thee Desperado granddaughter. Some of our mares trace to the *Morafic/ Shaikh Al Badi lines through Ruminaja Majed and Alidaar - (Shaikh Al Badi X Bint Magidaa, full brothers to Ruminaja Ali), Ruminaja Ali, as well as Prince Ibn Shaikh (Shaikh Al Badi X RDM Maar Hala) along with Shaikh Mah Badi (Shaikh Al Badi X *Maheera) and other sources of *Morafic.

And Babette, we really enjoyed seeing your breautiful Amurath Grey Dawn and what she's been producing. Thank you both!

Below we have Treff-Haven Leina (Nagsous X Leilaah) a tall (near 16 hh) powerhouse mover and Grand Champion Mare.

Click to view attachment

And full sisters Treff-Haven Savana (Nagsous X Alidance), unshown 15.1 hh+ Bay Mare,

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

and Treff-Haven Salina, Reserve Grand Champion Mare and Most Classic Head, 15.2 hh+ Chestnut Mare,

Babette
sorry I was off for some days ...

I really like Nagsous - he looks like he is a really power pack - my sort of horse. And it is realla interesting what you are telling about Shaikh al Badi/morafic x Sameh/Makhsous blood - I will check that in my favorite horses too !

Thank you for the nice words about Grey Dawn, we are aware what we have with her, even if it took a while.

regards Babette
carolmaginn
Homer,

My filly's motion is like - earth shattering... Seriously.... If you were standing there with us watching her trot around you'd just say "Holy freaking cow".... She reminds me of a Rockette the way she picks up those legs and springs off them - just amazing. But - I'm sure you have seen it over and over again...I love your lines. I have admired your mares for a long time - in particular the two bay mares, although the chestnut is also gorgeous. I love her eyes, her dish and her neck - again - this is my kind of breeding - the body and the head all in one horse... and a trot to be blown away with.

You are a lucky man Homer to own Nagsous - I love him too. I hope to come see you eventually and would love to see your horses. It seems like there are a few of us who like these specific lines (Makhsous, Shaikh al Badi/Ali, Ibn Hafiza...) It you, us, Babette and a few others like Mike and Jennifer over at living art...

I will get some video of our filly and post it just so you can see her - its the only way I'll get to show others as we are all so busy :-)

I hope you breed Nagsous like crazy to you get a bunch of his babies here for a good long time and preserve these lines...

Carol

QUOTE (Treff Haven Arabians @ Aug 8 2009, 02:54 PM) *
Carol, you're filly caught our eye already on the other thread, "Whos The Best Stallion To Give The Best Body,buttock And Dock?" She looks like a lovely combination of her bloodlines and one to watch. Also would be interested to find out how she moves and whether that powerful drive and stride that our experiences with the Makhsous line has provided through his son, Nagsous (Makhsous x Nagliah [*Ibn Hafiza x *Nabilahh]). Nagsous is a class A Liberty Champion in competion against both purebred and half Arabians. The blend of the Makhsous (and other Sameh blood) with mares of the *Morafic/Shaikh Al Badi lines shows continueing evidence of success in our own program, as well as at Kehilan, and now with your filly through her dam, a Thee Desperado granddaughter. Some of our mares trace to the *Morafic/ Shaikh Al Badi lines through Ruminaja Majed and Alidaar - (Shaikh Al Badi X Bint Magidaa, full brothers to Ruminaja Ali), Ruminaja Ali, as well as Prince Ibn Shaikh (Shaikh Al Badi X RDM Maar Hala) along with Shaikh Mah Badi (Shaikh Al Badi X *Maheera) and other sources of *Morafic.

And Babette, we really enjoyed seeing your breautiful Amurath Grey Dawn and what she's been producing. Thank you both!

Below we have Treff-Haven Leina (Nagsous X Leilaah) a tall (near 16 hh) powerhouse mover and Grand Champion Mare.

Click to view attachment

And full sisters Treff-Haven Savana (Nagsous X Alidance), unshown 15.1 hh+ Bay Mare,

and Treff-Haven Salina, Reserve Grand Champion Mare and Most Classic Head, 15.2 hh+ Chestnut Mare,

Babette
I´m totally thrilled of Savana ... she impresses me in many ways. And she is bay - my favorite colour laugh.gif

Hey Carol - let´s see the video !!

regards Babette
arabica
Hello Tommy,

we have the halfsister to Maknificant KA !

Star bint Hafiza was one of the foundation mare of Kehilan Bloodstock

Raquin RA X Star bint Hafiza

Please look under www.fardos-el-arab.de
TommyH
QUOTE (arabica @ Aug 16 2009, 12:11 PM) *
Hello Tommy,

we have the halfsister to Maknificant KA !

Star bint Hafiza was one of the foundation mare of Kehilan Bloodstock

Raquin RA X Star bint Hafiza

Please look under www.fardos-el-arab.de

Thanks alot Babette and Arabica - VERY nice to see that we do have something of this blood and really both of these mares are SUPER quality. The Messaoud son must be really interesting breedingwise, he looks fantastic as an individual to!! - but I suspect there is more.....??!!
I opened this thread with a question of Kehilan horses in Europe, I would be grateful if we could keep it there........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.