Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whos Got Betty Davis Eyes?
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Pages: 1, 2
Robert 1
Hi Manuela,
Your NK Hafid Jamil colt is spectacular! wub.gif
Here is a pic of another Jabbar colt I have, Jamal he is extremly typey in the flesh. wink.gif
Robert
AAArabians
Ok Carol,

We don't have Betty Davis eyes; however they are fairly large!

Also we tend to breed the soft large eye rather than the poppy ones,We do like both!!!

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attac
hment=99924:IMG_0079.JPG]Click to view attachment

KR
Candi

Solita
Our 2 year old mare Sidrah (EAI Silvereen x Ramses Emore)
She gets her large eyes from her dam Ramses Emore who has huge eyes also.
Click to view attachment

Imperial Kalima (Imperial Al Kamar x Charm of Halima)
Click to view attachment

carolmaginn
For sure... I agree there too...

Here is my Anaza Bay Shah daughter...

QUOTE (DKG @ Jul 25 2009, 10:54 PM) *
Here in Australia there is Anaza Bay Shah, his eyes are incredibly beautiful. As for non-straights there are the Hawley lines...those horses have the most beautiful eyes one can imagine. Pictured.

El Sabu
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Shaheed
DJS
Here is one of my mares that I think has a lovely eye. She is Lady Minstril (The Minstril x AK Shahlima).
Liz Salmon
When I do my evaluations, I classify eyes as huge (the large and prominent eyes), large, and could be larger, as well as well set/fairly well set with excellent, good or fairly good width accordingly.
Gabriele Schweiher
Fotos: C. Tosichel wub.gif
caligalou
Navarrone-P tongue.gif

Click to view attachment
Al-Zawraa Arabians
QUOTE (Gabriele Schweiher @ Jul 30 2009, 02:50 PM) *
Fotos: C. Tosichel wub.gif

Wow, is this your GR Amaretto filly?
She looks great! You must be so proud wub.gif
ArabianFancy
QUOTE (Liz Salmon @ Jul 30 2009, 08:40 AM) *
When I do my evaluations, I classify eyes as huge (the large and prominent eyes), large, and could be larger, as well as well set/fairly well set with excellent, good or fairly good width accordingly.

I would LOVE to hear you critique the "class" posted here so far . It seems we all have VERY different ideas as to what a "big eye" is.......... huh.gif
Gina
Gabriele Schweiher
ZITAT(Al-Zawraa Arabians @ Jul 30 2009, 10:47 PM) *
Wow, is this your GR Amaretto filly?
She looks great! You must be so proud wub.gif

thank you, yes, this is Shariha by Amaretto, rolleyes.gif
brentwoodarab

I think Arabest Samir has beautiful eyes. 2008 US Egyptian Event Supreme Champion.
carolmaginn

What a beautiful photo... Wow he looks great!

QUOTE (brentwoodarab @ Jul 31 2009, 06:25 AM) *

I think Arabest Samir has beautiful eyes. 2008 US Egyptian Event Supreme Champion.

idan atiq
Here is our 2006 filly Atiq Ayla (Laheeb x Al Hambra B).
Tzviah Idan
Idan Atiq Arabian Stud
Israel
marsha thompson
MAJJESTA sired by Marajj x Falina's Magic rolleyes.gif

Marina Arabians
straight_egyptian_lover
I personally am a big fan of the Imperial Madheen lines, this is one of my favourite SE stallions, Dunwingeri El Shaareef who is sired by Imperial Maakir (by Imperial Madheen).

Here are some photos i took last month of "Shaareef" and two of his amazing daugthers, all owned by Lisa Whitehead of Lavender Park Arabians, Australia.

Shaareef-
Click to view attachment

Lavender Park Eternal- Rising 3yo Filly- Eternal's dam, Dunwingeri Maarisa is also sired by Imperial Maakir.
Click to view attachment

Lavender Park Stardust- Rising 2yo Filly
Click to view attachment

Enjoy!!!

Jess Bailey
Cautzar
This is one of our colts from last year by CE Magnum x Wahenah/Masran El Shaklan.

I believe he is the foal we had so far with the largest and most expressive eyes......

Click to view attachment

Regards

Gitte
pathannay
Ava (Vervaldee x Aziza)

Are these eyes big and beautiful enough!! Amanda Holloway's eyes are beautiful too even though they are closed on the first picture!!

Photo credit Lisa Jennings
Stephen McMorrow
QUOTE (carolmaginn @ Jul 26 2009, 03:11 AM) *
I would love to know people's opinions on which lines/horses have helped contribute big eyes to a program.

This is a very important topic, good eyes are essential in any breed especially in arabians, they are the window to the soul of a horse. Beautiful low set eyes, full of expression are a 'must' for me. I hate hight set slanted eyes that so many arabians have nowadays. Here in Australia I have yet to see bad eyes from SK Shakla Khan or Amir El Shaklan, they always have a beautiful expression. Pictured here is my 2009 Australian National Champion Gelding, by SK Shakla Khan out of Windella Silver Shadow by Amir El Shaklan, although I am biased I think he has superb eyes!
Liz Salmon
I like to see a large eye socket too. Sometimes I see fairly flat sockets, although the eye may be a good size.
DJS
QUOTE (pathannay @ Aug 3 2009, 12:33 AM) *
Ava (Vervaldee x Aziza)

Are these eyes big and beautiful enough!! Amanda Holloway's eyes are beautiful too even though they are closed on the first picture!!

I love seeing this baby unclipped. What a stunning animal! I am so put off by all the extreme clipping and balding we see in the US. These horses are beautiful as God made them, and don't need all the artificial nonsense that humans deem necessary for show.

Here is a pasture shot of one of my yearling fillies, a grandaughter of Alidaar and The Minstril.
Rising Phoenix
Oh that black filly is just beautiful!!!
Please show us more photo's of her!
Robert 1
The black filly Ava is gorgeous, is the name form the beautiful black haired movie star Ava Gardner. wub.gif
lyndi
ooh its all changed since I was last here , lets hope this works , I always thought Minuette had the biggest buggy eyes ever , but you will need to click on to see up close
lyndi
here is her daughter Venus equally buggy eyed, but then dad does have big eyes too smile.gif
pathannay
As requested, some more pics of Ava! Her name actually came from trying to put together something using Aziza and Vervaldee but she is abit of a superstar as well!!

and mustn't forget her beautiful Mum Aziza

cookie
wink.gif Click to view attachmentHere is another lady with beautifull eyes.
EUZA
Greg Egan
HI All
Just wanted to share this beautiful Straight Egyptian filly we bred, Ayishah(Simeon Sohar x Ashahni) now owned by Mangalo Park in South Australia. Ayishah has the most beautiful big and when she was a foal, she would always look alert like in this photo when people were around, a real show off, she always wanted to show that she was gorgeous.

All the best

Greg Egan
Myth Haven Arabian Farm
Australia
Liz Salmon
It's great to see those lovely big eyes coming back as for a few years they were hard to find.
horseranch

Allison of Talaria
Two Botswana weanling foals
barbara.gregory
I have never seen Asfour but have always loved him; would really like a mare/filly by him. Thank you for the photo, Liz, just gorgeous.

Some of the best eyes I have seen were on my straight Spanish mare but I never got a photo to do them justice. Her son by Crusader also has lovely big black eyes although the photo doesn't show them as well it could.

I also have a filly (Ansata Qasim/Crown Princess) who has lovely eyes; Crown Princess has very nice eyes, a friend described them as "big doe eyes". Princess has a filly by Assad (lovely eyes) but she hasn't got the large eyes her sire and dam have, maybe when I get round to having a foal from her it will have the eyes!

My Hafid Jamil grandson has really lovely eyes, seems that line do tend to produce lovely eyes.

Barbara
crookedcreek
My new colt has BIG beautiful eyes. He is sired by Imperial Mistaar out of my Richter MH mare, Alli-Eloura.

Jan Alexander
Crooked Creek Arabians
Arkansas
usamah ezzain
DEAR FREINDS rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
IF WE ARE SPEAKING OF EYES,THEN,THE BEST AND THE MOST EXPRESSIVE,I HAVE SEEN IN 20 YEARS,IS ANSATA ALMURTAJIZ,VOTING FOR SAMANTHA INFLUENCE,WOWWWWWW wink.gif HE IS NOW OWNED BY MY 2 GOOD FREINDS,AALAA ALROUMI AND TALAL ALNISF smile.gif WELL DESERVING THAT wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
I THINK BETTY DAVIES WILLBE JEALOUS laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
jillian
QUOTE (pathannay @ Aug 2 2009, 11:33 PM) *
Ava (Vervaldee x Aziza)

Not only are Avas' eyes big and beautiful enough, there is also just a very special exotic quality to her that I've never seen before that I like.
Jill
jillian
QUOTE (usamah ezzain @ Aug 8 2009, 03:40 PM) *
DEAR FREINDS rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
IF WE ARE SPEAKING OF EYES,THEN,THE BEST AND THE MOST EXPRESSIVE,I HAVE SEEN IN 20 YEARS,IS ANSATA ALMURTAJIZ,VOTING FOR SAMANTHA INFLUENCE,WOWWWWWW wink.gif HE IS NOW OWNED BY MY 2 GOOD FREINDS,AALAA ALROUMI AND TALAL ALNISF smile.gif WELL DESERVING THAT wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
I THINK BETTY DAVIES WILLBE JEALOUS laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

He has a very beautiful, but soft sparkly sweetness to him and very expressive. Very special quality I think Usamah.

Jill
marsha thompson
Wonderful photos from everyone.

This is our Marajj filly, Majjesta as a foal. Photographer Nancy Pierce captured her "Betty Davis" eyes!

And we would like to show you our new Stival filly. Elle Maya just arrived and is so beautiful.
Many thanks to Markelle Arabian Stud for sharing her with us. wub.gif
Photo credit: Suzanne

Cheers,

Marsha
Marina Arabians
Dr Daniel Wigger
Click to view attachment
Bado
For me Sandhiran has the most beautyfull eyes. Also his grand grand mom Estopa.
joharaarabians
Here is a flyer that I did up for the inlaws. Their imported Polish stallion Falk passes on huge eyes with excellent width as you can see in his daughter and granddaughter.
YSArabians
My champion mare, Tabiha and her doughter YS El`Anya Sinan. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.