Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whos Got Betty Davis Eyes?
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - Übersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Pages: 1, 2
carolmaginn
I would love to know people's opinions on which lines/horses have helped contribute big eyes to a program.
ArabianFancy
QUOTE (carolmaginn @ Jul 25 2009, 10:11 PM) *
I would love to know people's opinions on which lines/horses have helped contribute big eyes to a program.

Carol,
When I think of eyes I instantly think of Botswana. There is something about his eyes that just GETS TO ME! You can see his soul in his eyes. Maybe they are not the biggest but to me they are amazing.
Suzanne Sturgill photos....
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Edited to add , these are all Suzanne photos, when I resaved them to resize and put hee my "Arabian Fancy" got on there , I am trying to get it back off!
Cheryl L
*Jamilll, he had the most beautiful eyes.
DKG
Here in Australia there is Anaza Bay Shah, his eyes are incredibly beautiful. As for non-straights there are the Hawley lines...those horses have the most beautiful eyes one can imagine. Pictured.
hunnyhill arabians
Ali Khan has the most beautifull eyes. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
Gideon Reisel
I tend to believe that our WW Gremilia (Emiliusz x Grenlandia by Eukalyptus) qualifies as having exceptionally large eyes...
I am not sure sure whether her Dam, Grenlandia or her Sire Emiliusz is the heaviest contributing factor. They both are great in the eye-department, although Grenlandia has extremely large eyes.

WW Gremilia:

Grenlandia

Emiliusz
Al-Qahira spanish arabians
(carolmaginn @ Jul 26 2009, 05:11 AM) *

If you speak about large eyes, you should not forget these eyes -

These are Vendaval Qahira, Nueva, Shirina Carisma, Tarambana Qahira, Bacanora Qahira, all are pure spanish.
All pics by Alessandra Sarti.

All the best,
Al-Qahira
Martina
FarmgirlAlee
HS Infinite also has beautiful eyes:

Check out the eyes he put on RHR Ghayth! (sorry the pictures are on a slideshow so I can't pull them in here)
http://www.hsinfinite.com/progeny.htm#colts

Binmahfooz
I would say RDM MAAR HALA line has big impact on producing big, black, bold eyes
Teymur B
The most beautiful eyes had Ansata Samantha,
She had really big eyes wink.gif
Blue Pyramid
I like Himself's eyes (Emir Ibn Farazdac)
Samantha
www.bpeah.com/stallion
Cauly
QUOTE (Blue Pyramid @ Jul 26 2009, 05:16 PM) *
I like Himself's eyes (Emir Ibn Farazdac)
Samantha
www.bpeah.com/stallion

Bint Bint Maymoon her granddaughter and greatgranddaughter.
Solita
RDM Maar Hala
Click to view attachment

Ansata Samaria
Click to view attachment
Mohammed
I have seen good number of the very big eyes in the arabian horses, I would select 2 :

1- My beloved filly Ewida Al jamal (8 months old only)

Click to view attachment

2- My favorite mare Jamila Al Rayyan

I guess her age is less than 1 year in the following photo

Click to view attachment

Maybe 2 or 3 years

Click to view attachment

Great matured mare

Click to view attachment

Best regards
Mohammed
carolmaginn

Beautiful!!! You have great taste Mohammed!!!

Carol

QUOTE (Mohammed @ Jul 26 2009, 03:00 PM) *
I have seen good number of the very big eyes in the arabian horses, I would select 2 :

1- My beloved filly Ewida Al jamal (8 months old only)

Click to view attachment

2- My favorite mare Jamila Al Rayyan

I guess her age is less than 1 year in the following photo

Click to view attachment

Maybe 2 or 3 years

Click to view attachment

Great matured mare

Click to view attachment

Best regards
Mohammed

Robert 1
Hi Mohammed,
I like your choices of mares, very beautiful.
This is * Alaa Jabbar's latest filly by Bint Shadenn, a Salaa El Dine grandaughter, she is in Texas at Dogwood Arabians with Jerel and Daphne.
We named her Jadenn, she is very special.
Robert
Teymur B
QUOTE (Solita @ Jul 26 2009, 07:37 PM) *

Mashallah,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so beauty,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, smile.gif

Im Speakless
Polar Arabians
The biggest eyes I´ve ever seen:

P.A. El Amir Ibn Injah P.A. Injah ( Authentic Kharazi x Idi Sharaf by Moniet El Sharaf) x Ansata Ameerah (Ansata Hejazi x Ansata Princessa by Prince Fa Moniet)

LPA
These are the biggest eyed babes we have. Our stallion, his wife, and their first born daughter. Of course, with Mum and Dads' eyes being big in the first place, it wasn't a shock when their daughters' eyes were even bigger.
Lisa
Lavender Park.
Robert 1
Hi Manuela,
You have very pretty horses, I enjoy seeing their pic's. please show more. wub.gif wub.gif
Robert
YSArabians
This colt by Enzo out of LV Markelle has the biggest eyes i have EVER seen!
They are even bigger when you see him in real life..
He was a yearling when this photo was taken.
His name is Alihandro IA.
Would LOVE to see some new photos of him.
ANYONE??
Last time i saw him was in March 2007..

Yvonne

Mohammed
QUOTE (carolmaginn @ Jul 26 2009, 10:09 PM) *
Beautiful!!! You have great taste Mohammed!!!

Carol

Dear Carol,

Regarding your Question: "I would love to know people's opinions on which lines/horses have helped contribute big eyes to a program. "

I think it came from some particular names who are representing their families such as Hadban Enzahi via Madkour and other great sons, El Dahma via several nice progenies, Moniet El Nefous via I. Madheen, Ansata bint mabruka Via A. Shah Zaman and other progenies, the great sire A. Ibn Halima & the outstanding dame A. Bint bukra via A. Samantha and Halim Shah, his son A. Hijazi and many, many other great progenies, and Shaikh Al Badi via his sons out of bint magidaa: Ruminaja Ali, Bahjat and Alidaar and their progenies, also many other horses are giving same results and when you trace their pedigrees you find them relatives of the horses above going back to same foundation horses but with different structure, finally these combinations almost give supper results,

P.S. This is my opinion and it could be wrong,

This is one of my drawings, showing my test and what I'm planning to reach in the breed of the arabian horses:

Click to view attachment

Best regards,
Mohammed
Shemesh
QUOTE (Mohammed @ Jul 27 2009, 10:43 AM) *
Dear Carol,

Regarding your Question: "I would love to know people's opinions on which lines/horses have helped contribute big eyes to a program. "

I think it came from some particular names who are representing their families such as Hadban Enzahi via Madkour and other great sons, El Dahma via several nice progenies, Moniet El Nefous via I. Madheen, Ansata bint mabruka Via A. Shah Zaman and other progenies, the great sire A. Ibn Halima & the outstanding dame A. Bint bukra via A. Samantha and Halim Shah, his son A. Hijazi and many, many other great progenies, and Shaikh Al Badi via his sons out of bint magidaa: Ruminaja Ali, Bahjat and Alidaar and their progenies, also many other horses are giving same results and when you trace their pedigrees you find them relatives of the horses above going back to same foundation horses but with different structure, finally these combinations almost give supper results,

P.S. This is my opinion and it could be wrong,

This is one of my drawings, showing my test and what I'm planning to reach in the breed of the arabian horses:

Click to view attachment

Best regards,
Mohammed

Mohammed I love your painting. You have captured the essence of the arabian horse with their wise alert eyes. well done.
Below is our straight Egyptian gelding who has good sized eyes. He has a number of the horses your mentioned in his pedigree.
Thanks,

Click to view attachment
La-Fame-Arabians
LF Aliyyah Vivendi(The Verdict HG/Belle El Jamaal)
Liz Salmon
Asfour gets my vote. He's amazing in person.

La-Fame-Arabians
(La-Fame-Arabians @ Jul 27 2009, 02:21 PM) *

carolmaginn
I agree... Here are two of my favorite Asfour grand sons who also have big eyes...

First is Simeon Sochain, and the second is Hassan SA... Sochain is actually double Asfour, and Hassan included the blood of both Asfour and RDM Maar Hala...

And I would say that Sochain's eyes also come from his mom Simeon Simona - and Asfour daughter... (white mare photo attached)

QUOTE (Liz Salmon @ Jul 27 2009, 09:33 AM) *
Rosi Straub
Sheik el Arab Ibn Nijamin (Nijamin x Oraya) ein Märchenasiler mit Märchenaugen wub.gif
Teymur B
Madkour I. was a Stallion with big Eyes,and the mostly of his Offsprings and Descendants have ab big resemblance with him,............His eyes

Maysama
Post removed
carolmaginn
You are a lucky lucky lady!!! Congratulations!!! I LOVE Simeon Stav!!!

QUOTE (Maysama @ Jul 27 2009, 09:36 PM) *
Hello,

Here is my Simeon Stav daughter, Maysama Delilah. Her beautiful eyes come down to her from both her sire and her dam, who was a grand-daughter of El Hilal.

Lindy

Helga M.
Click to view attachment

Mahadin (Madkour I x Mahameh)
bartvb
I must say that i'm rather supriced with the choices that some people consider horses with big eyes! unsure.gif
Helga M.
Hi Bart, which horse is your favorite blink.gif
Liz Salmon
I tend to agree with Bart, I have been surprised too.
Robert 1
QUOTE (Liz Salmon @ Jul 27 2009, 03:33 PM) *

Hi Liz,
I will second your vote for Asfour, Dr. Nagel did a remarkable job of breeding Asfour. The Hanan line can just keep on producing wonderful beauty especially in the big eyes. wub.gif
robert
Marhei
(Robert 1 @ Jul 28 2009, 03:25 PM) *
Hi Liz,
I will second your vote for Asfour, Dr. Nagel did a remarkable job of breeding Asfour. The Hanan line can just keep on producing wonderful beauty especially in the big eyes. wub.gif
robert

Hello my Filly Sabiih Sire Ramses by Adnan x Ansata rebecca and Dame Shalimar (Khaled el assuad x Shihan by El Thay Mansour) she have Bib Eyes
Click to view attachment
Polar Arabians
(Robert 1 @ Jul 27 2009, 03:40 AM) *
Hi Manuela,
You have very pretty horses, I enjoy seeing their pic's. please show more. wub.gif wub.gif
Robert

Hi Robert,

it seems, that we have the same taste wink.gif your words make me happy!

Especially for you: some photos of our Hatani Jamil (by NK Hafid Jamil out of Ansata Hamama), who has the typical "Nagel-Look" with big, reound eyes rolleyes.gif

The photos show him as a 4day old foal and as a yearling.

Manuela

Rising Phoenix
New lil 09 SE filly, her name will be Arabic for Diamonds in the Mist. Don't have Bashir's book in front of me for proper spelling. I feel she has Betty Davis eyes smile.gif !
She is in the classified section... wink.gif
Allison of Talaria
Thank you, Gina, for your nice words about Botswana's eyes.

I think the attached photo probably best illustrates what you meant.

Allison
Rebecca Davis
QUOTE (Robert 1 @ Jul 26 2009, 10:51 PM) *
Hi Mohammed,
I like your choices of mares, very beautiful.
This is * Alaa Jabbar's latest filly by Bint Shadenn, a Salaa El Dine grandaughter, she is in Texas at Dogwood Arabians with Jerel and Daphne.
We named her Jadenn, she is very special.
Robert

Love it Jerel! She also has that wedge shaped head and tiny muzzle. Super.
Rebecca Davis
QUOTE (Robert 1 @ Jul 28 2009, 02:25 PM) *
Hi Liz,
robert

Asfour has always been one of my personal favorites. He passes it on for sure! Robert, we should talk about my Shadwan mare rolleyes.gif
railkat1
Here's a good example of Betty Davis eyes... this is my HA mare.....
Gideon Reisel
QUOTE (Liz Salmon @ Jul 28 2009, 02:11 PM) *
I tend to agree with Bart, I have been surprised too.

OK; so which do you consider big and which not exceptionally large ?
FLM Frida
QUOTE (La-Fame-Arabians @ Jul 27 2009, 04:21 PM) *

She is looking good wub.gif wink.gif
Alihadem
My filly by Off Broadway...not SE but she has deer like eyes.

Click to view attachment
Abbasiyah
Sorry if this is a double post but I tried before and it refused to let me upload the photos!!

BUT for big beautiful eyes we have Imperial Pharasha (Imperial Al Kamar x Imperial Phanadah) tail female 9 Tamria

Click to view attachment

AND our beautiful Bassel Al Rayyan (Ashhal Al Rayyan x Dana Al Rayyan) tail female Bukra

Click to view attachment

Judi

Treff Haven Arabians
Several from our own collection, a homebred Kuhaylan Rodania stallion and a Kuhaylah mare and her son.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Robert 1
QUOTE (Rebecca Davis @ Jul 28 2009, 11:41 PM) *
Asfour has always been one of my personal favorites. He passes it on for sure! Robert, we should talk about my Shadwan mare rolleyes.gif

Hi Rebecca,
You may e-mail me about your mare Shadwan, and don't forget the pic's. biggrin.gif

Robert
ShannonC
Here our guy love his eyes and body... rolleyes.gif
Nota Chance 2008
(HF El Cid x Sayyidah Bakht)
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
and here is one of Chance and his half-sister Shir Penina(HF El Cid x Ysabella) 2002 they have the same sire
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.