Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Do You Play With Your Horse?
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
FarmgirlAlee
Last night I went out to be with my horse. I turned her out in a big outdoor arena, and after she had had some time to just run around and be herself, I went back in. I love to hug her and scratch all of her itchy spots. Then we ran together (halter and lead less) up and down the length of the arena several times. She was so sweet and never tried to beat me at our little "race". We even got the pasture of two year olds that share a fenceline with the arena to run around with us. It was lots of fun, and afterwards, she was begging for treats and scratches again. I probably could have led her back to her run halterless and lead less if I had wanted, she was that good and intune with me. But of course I wouldn't do that (especially since we are at a boarding stable, so people drive up any time).

We ended up sprinting for the barn as a cloudburst rainstorm broke overhead.

So what do you do to play with your horse? I am trying to get Tala to be interested in playing soccer (football) with a big exercise ball like a friend's horse does, but so far she only kicks it when I make her by leading her into it. Other than that we play like I described up above and do groundwork and grooming. We also take walks along the river and through the trees as well.
Acorn AEA
QUOTE (FarmgirlAlee @ Aug 8 2009, 01:30 AM) *
Last night I went out to be with my horse. I turned her out in a big outdoor arena, and after she had had some time to just run around and be herself, I went back in. I love to hug her and scratch all of her itchy spots. Then we ran together (halter and lead less) up and down the length of the arena several times. She was so sweet and never tried to beat me at our little "race". We even got the pasture of two year olds that share a fenceline with the arena to run around with us. It was lots of fun, and afterwards, she was begging for treats and scratches again. I probably could have led her back to her run halterless and lead less if I had wanted, she was that good and intune with me. But of course I wouldn't do that (especially since we are at a boarding stable, so people drive up any time).

We ended up sprinting for the barn as a cloudburst rainstorm broke overhead.

So what do you do to play with your horse? I am trying to get Tala to be interested in playing soccer (football) with a big exercise ball like a friend's horse does, but so far she only kicks it when I make her by leading her into it. Other than that we play like I described up above and do groundwork and grooming. We also take walks along the river and through the trees as well.

We have a colt that we play with - he is so people minded! We have "toys" for him - plastic flexible drain pipe - he throws that around and a rubbermaid trashcan - I need one of those balls for him. But the fun thing he does with us is plays hide and seek around a tree in his paddock. It is really fun when you have a horse that likes to "play" with you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.