Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 27 Ibn Galal 5
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - Übersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Al Zayd NZ
I believe this is a wonderful compliment to Marion and I believe it will be a welcomed thread to discuss.

I missed seeing 27 Ibn Galal 5 myself but it is well respected that this mare is one of the truly exceptional mares to come to Australia. She was indeed the Inaugural Australian Champion Mare.

I was there to witness the crowning of her daughter Simeon Sukari (Asfour), a bronze statue who came alive in motion of symmetry, extreme beauty and feminine poise. I believe that Simeon Sahavi (Asfour) her grand daughter would fit a similar description... also Australian Champion Mare plus ... if not more extreme type...!

Her daughter Simeon Safanad... a cornerstone in her own right... dam of Triple Crown Simeon Shai, The Black Stallion-Simeon Sadik, another Australian Champion Mare- Simeon Salome and another of my favorites Simeon Sa'ada etc...

I have to add Simeon Simona only to realise that I am inadequate to mention enough of what could be a feature book of reference and reverence.

Please I invite others to contribute...

Thank you Marion for recognising and enabling this precious mare to flourish for us all to witness and even share in her bounty.

regards David Marshall.
Liz Salmon
A great thread David. I first went to Simeon in 1990 and was very extremely impressed with the herd. I had just judged Simeon Sukari as a winner, so I was very interested to see the rest of the horses. I believe that this blood will be so incredibly beneficial to not only the SEs but also to the non SEs as you say David. I'm so tired of looking at horses in the show ring that resemble 'sausages on toothpicks.' The Simeon horses have everything that I like about the breed, but most of all the wonderful substance with deep bodies. Add good bone & legs, extreme type and great movement and that is why this is such a success story. Of course they are not all going to be a Simeon Sehavi, but varying degrees of super horses with the background to breed one like her. I try to visit each time I go to Australia, which has been about 5 times now I think—sometimes it was not possible if I was in Queensland or Tasmania. It's about time I went again !!

So often US breeders miss the boat in breeding to good stallions such as happened with El Shaklan. I do hope that the stallions of Simeon bloodlines are well incorporated into SE breeding programs. It has been well proved by HS Infinite (Simeon Sadik x HS Infanta) that the bloodlines cross extremely well with TM/TD bloodlines as well as Imperial and Ansata. I look forward to the future with great anticipation.
jo-martin
Thank you David for this. She was a amazing mare, a working mare whom won in halter. I like all i have sceen or read about this mare. I'm also proud to have this mare in my breeding program through Simeon Sadik, two lines in our latest filly. I have so many questions for Marion when we visit her farm as it seems difficult to find time at horse shows. Best Regards, Jo-martin Archuleta Martin Al Arab Stud
Gregory Keyes
Hi David,

I am amazed that this thread did not take off. 27 Ibn Galal 5 wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif will go down in history as one of the all time exceptional producing mares not only for the showring but for the breeding barn. I was fortunate to see 27 Ibn Galal 5 and this is an experience I will treasure for all time, a mare of exceptional beauty that was very correct. 27 Ibn Galal 5 crossed extremely well with any stallion bred to her. 27 Ibn Galal 5's first daughter Simeon Safanad is an arabian icon, her get have been influential around the world, her next daughter Simeon Shemesh I do not have any information. Her third daughter Simeon Sheba is the dam of Simeon Sehavi. Sheba is proving to be a mare that people are taking notice of through her descendants. Her next daughter is the exquisite Simeon Sukari and her final daughter Simeon Simona.

Simeon stud is based on 27 Ibn Galal 5 and her wonderful contribution is felt across the world. A search of 27 Ibn Galal 5 on the Arabian Horse of Australia's database will read as a who's who of the Arabian Horse world, her influence is truly phenomenal and this influence will be felt for many more years to come.

I have attached some photo's of some of our 27 Ibn Galal 5 tail female descendants of which we are very blessed to have gracing our paddocks.

Kindest Regards

Greg cool.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
cmaginn
Well we are grateful for 27 Ibn Galal... Without her there would be no Simeon Sochain, no Hassan SA. And no Simeon Sachi. We love all of them and feel they are great breeding stallions. Actually we will have to wait and see what Hassan's foals will be like, but the future looks bright.

Great thread...
Gregory Keyes
HI Carol,

Yes I agree that 27 Ibn Galal 5 has produced wonderful breeding stallions through her daughters. How could we not mention Simeon Stav, Simeon Shai, Simeon Sadik and a host of others too numerous to mention. 27 Ibn Galal 5 will live on in her daughters and their progeny who grace just about every continent on this earth.

Kindest Regards

Greg cool.gif
Greg Egan
Good Evening all.

I have been fortunate to see many beautiful relatives of 27 Ibn Galal 5, most recently though after a wonderful weekend at Pearsons View Arabians in Queensland, owned by Don and Carmel Rowley, I got to see their amazing horses especially the incredibly beautiful Simeon Stav, at nearly 24 years of age, this extraordinary stallion in one of the most extremely beautiful representatives of this family, not only is he a great representative but has produced over and over amazing Arabians. Attached is a photo of him from the weekend.

Also attached is his gorgeous daughter Stavs Sorsha (xSimeon Shaina), who has two crosses to 27 Ibn Galal 5, Sorsha has the most exotic looks and movement that flies and you can see in one she is off the ground, I think a lot of her trotting photos was of her powerfully moving forward and continually off the ground, she is very beautiful.

Enjoy these two amazing beauties, oh I have to mention also, the beautiful Simeon Stav is the feature horse on both of Carmel Rowley's new novels, Tails Carried High and Voices In The Wind.

Greg Egan

Greg Egan
Dear Forum

I thought I would also add some of our own 27 Ibn Galal 5 related Straight Egyptians from Myth Haven Arabian Farm.

Attached is Ashquar Sihr (Salaa Sihr x Simeon Shaina)
Click to view attachment

Stavs Simbel (Simeon Stav x Simeon Sima)
Click to view attachment

Our beautiful Sumeih (Simeon Stav x Simeon Sucie)
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Simeon Stavi (Asfour x Simeon Saada)
Click to view attachment

All the best to everyone and hope to see more representatives of this family.
Kind Regards
Greg Egan
Myth Haven Arabian farm
Click on link
Al Zayd NZ
QUOTE (Gregory Keyes @ Apr 23 2011, 05:27 AM) *
Hi David,

I am amazed that this thread did not take off. 27 Ibn Galal 5 wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif will go down in history as one of the all time exceptional producing mares not only for the showring but for the breeding barn. I was fortunate to see 27 Ibn Galal 5 and this is an experience I will treasure for all time, a mare of exceptional beauty that was very correct. 27 Ibn Galal 5 crossed extremely well with any stallion bred to her. 27 Ibn Galal 5's first daughter Simeon Safanad is an arabian icon, her get have been influential around the world, her next daughter Simeon Shemesh I do not have any information. Her third daughter Simeon Sheba is the dam of Simeon Sehavi. Sheba is proving to be a mare that people are taking notice of through her descendants. Her next daughter is the exquisite Simeon Sukari and her final daughter Simeon Simona.

Simeon stud is based on 27 Ibn Galal 5 and her wonderful contribution is felt across the world. A search of 27 Ibn Galal 5 on the Arabian Horse of Australia's database will read as a who's who of the Arabian Horse world, her influence is truly phenomenal and this influence will be felt for many more years to come.

I have attached some photo's of some of our 27 Ibn Galal 5 tail female descendants of which we are very blessed to have gracing our paddocks.

Kindest Regards

Greg cool.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I must admit I was thinking everyone must have enough information to not wish to share more... thank you for your contributions. Since I started this I have been back to Simeon for another visit and came away just as confident and thrilled to see the further continuance the family was achieving. I was particularly excited to see Simeon Shifran as the almost obvious heir for Asfour but significantly from yet another branch emanating from 27 Ibn Galal 5.

Personal encounters are great to share... maybe you will individualize some of your beauties and other experiences.?

Thank you for sharing.
Al Zayd NZ
QUOTE (Greg Egan @ Apr 28 2011, 12:54 PM) *
Good Evening all.

I have been fortunate to see many beautiful relatives of 27 Ibn Galal 5, most recently though after a wonderful weekend at Pearsons View Arabians in Queensland, owned by Don and Carmel Rowley, I got to see their amazing horses especially the incredibly beautiful Simeon Stav, at nearly 24 years of age, this extraordinary stallion in one of the most extremely beautiful representatives of this family, not only is he a great representative but has produced over and over amazing Arabians. Attached is a photo of him from the weekend.

Also attached is his gorgeous daughter Stavs Sorsha (xSimeon Shaina), who has two crosses to 27 Ibn Galal 5, Sorsha has the most exotic looks and movement that flies and you can see in one she is off the ground, I think a lot of her trotting photos was of her powerfully moving forward and continually off the ground, she is very beautiful.

Enjoy these two amazing beauties, oh I have to mention also, the beautiful Simeon Stav is the feature horse on both of Carmel Rowley's new novels, Tails Carried High and Voices In The Wind.

Greg Egan

There is no doubt the spirit of Simeon Stav is going to be long lived like those before him... he is looking great. Thanks Greg.

Marilee
What I like seeing here are the deep shoulders and wide chests, and powerful rear ends, that you do not see much of (or at all) in stall- raised horses, or in many show horses. The horses shown here have genetically good structure, which is only enhanced by their natural physical development over time in your great Australian and NZ terrain. I see the type and character in these photos, but also much more. Thanks for sharing. smile.gif
Gregory Keyes
Dear Greg,

Thank you for sharing those wonderful photo's of Stav and Sorsha at Pearsons View and your very own wonderful representatives of the amazing 27 Ibn Galal 5 family.

Stav is a truly beautiful stallion who has contributed significantly to the 27 Ibn Galal 5 family.

Kindest Regards

Greg cool.gif
Gregory Keyes
Hi David,

I feel that we will continue to see representatives of this family contributing significantly to the Arabian horse world through many branches. As the world gets smaller and particularly Australia and New Zealand afford themselves of many wonderful and diverse bloodlines we will see how well this family will contribute to new generations of Arabians.

I have attached more photo's of the same mares as my previous post but this time identified who they are and where 27 Ibn Galal 5 comes into their pedigree.

Click to view attachment
Chaswyck On Gossemer Wings (Asfour x Simeon Sooka (Anaza Bay Shahh x Simeon Sheba (Raadin Royal Star x 27 Ibn Galal 5))

Click to view attachment
Shado's Suri (Simeon Shado's x Durra Chantilly Lace (Akid Geshan (US) x Simeon Seona (Simeon Sadik x Simeon Sheba (Raadin Royal Star x 27 Ibn Galal 5))

Click to view attachment
Shado's Sokara (Simeon Shados x Simeon Succa (Simeon Sadik x Simeon Sheba (Raadin Royal Star x 27 Ibn Galal 5))

Click to view attachment
Simeon Siliet (Imperial Madaar (US) x Simeon Sukari (Asfour x 27 Ibn Galal 5))

As you can see the majority are through 27 Ibn Galal 5's daughter Simeon Sheba, we do have another mare who is a paternal granddaughter of the 27 Ibn Galal 5 daughter Simeon Safanad but do not have any decent pictures to post just yet.

Kindest Regards

Greg cool.gif
Al Zayd NZ
One of the greatest gifts is not only a beautiful mare but one who leaves a legacy such has 27 Ibn Galal 5.

We have been thoughtful in our acquisitions.

Firstly through her daughter Simeon Safanad (Sankt Georg) through her daughter Simeon Sa'ada (Asfour), with our very successful Simeon Sapar (Anaza Bay Shahh (Shaikh Al Badi)) http://www.hollyfarmnz.com/stallions/saparaz.shtml He is one of NZ's first SE stallions and has provided a strong contribution to our primary Holly Farm breeding program of Egyptian, Russian, Crabbet bloodlines. Now with the addition and formation of Al Zayd Straight Egyptians he is now also contributing to this program. His first SE daughter is Maisa Al Zayd (x Simeon Sharazad), http://www.hollyfarmnz.com/alzayd/maisa.shtml she is a beautiful blend with Imperial Madheen and El Halimaar.

Secondly through another stunning daughter Simeon Simona (Asfour) through her daughter Simeon Shafan (Prince Fa Moniet) with her first filly Halimas Al Zayd (Fayrid), http://www.hollyfarmnz.com/alzayd/halima.shtml

Then using a great grandson Madreya (Simeon Stav (X Simeon Safanad) with Halimas Al Zayd we have bred a delightful grey filly Madiya Al Zayd (also the result of a double Imperial Madheen combination), http://www.hollyfarmnz.com/alzayd/madiya.shtml

Also this season we have three other Madreya (Simeon Stav x MB Madirah (Imperial Madheen)) SE foals. A black filly, Madinat Al Zayd (Nafeesa Al Zayd), a liver chest filly, Mada Al Zayd (Anara) as well as a chest colt Madrasa Al Zayd (Simeon Sharazad)

Thirdly, we purchased Chaswyck Fareedah, http://www.hollyfarmnz.com/alzayd/fareedah.shtml a daughter of Baarafic (Imperial Baarez) out of Chaswyck Diamonds are Forever. Diamonds is not only pure in strain but is a direct double grand daughter of the two 27 Ibn Galal daughters Simeon Simona (Sankt Georg) and Simeon Sheba (Raadin Royal Star). I did not see 27 Ibn Galal 5 but can only imagine that Diamonds is a very close look alike.

Now finally we have added the ultimate family branch of her youngest daughter Simeon Sukari (Asfour). Not only her most look alike daughter but the one to follow her winning ways of being an Australian Champion Mare which she was also. We first purchased Simeon Sukari's grandson Chaswyck Al Zayd (Asfour) http://www.hollyfarmnz.com/alzayd/cazayd.shtml before we could eventually and most recently secure his highly regarded dam and Simeon Sukari's very unique daughter, Simeon Shakova (Prince Fa Moniet). (yet to have her own web page...!)

This coming season we look forward to a SE breeding of Simeon Sapar to HHP Mahlak Hala (Halliluyah MH x Imperial Mimraah) http://www.hollyfarmnz.com/alzayd/mahlak.shtml and for the first SE breeding of Chaswyck Al Zayd, we chose Simeon Sharazad (Imperial Madaar s Maadassa) http://www.hollyfarmnz.com/alzayd/sharazad.shtml

We are very confident in our choices and the future results as we focus on beautiful correct athletic structure and stunning type. Less seen but very evident is the superior metabolic strengths and their "yours forever" temperament. I am not 100% sure who to give full credit other than Simeon Stud, but certainly 27 Ibn Galal 5 and with the common denominating factors of Asfour, Imperial Madheen, Prince Fa Moniet, El Halimaar and also Shaikh Al Badi we are huge fans.

vclink
We are expecting our first foal from this line in two weeks. One line to 27 Ibn Galal 5, three lines to Hanan, one line to Imperial Mistilll, three of the greatest mares of all time, we are very excited about this foal.

Click to view attachment
Bloodstone Farms
Dar Aziza Arabians
I love to see all those descendants of 27 Ibn Galal 5! I think there are not many horses with this mare in their pedigree in Europe.
We are really proud to own a mare with this damline through 202 Ibn Galal (full sister to 27 Ibn Galal 5). She is a really well built, sweet mare, and here first foal is also very nice. I would love to know if there are more horses with these bloodlines in Europe?

Here some pictures of Hala B and her 2011 colt by Shahim Al Nakeeb (NK Hafid Jamil)

Gregory Keyes
Dear Dar Aziza Arabians,

Your Hala B is a beautiful mare very much like the descendants of 27 Ibn Galal 5, same smooth body structure and shoulder. The colt has this structure a swell but with the added refinement of NK Hafid Jamil.

We have used a similar cross as you, all our 27 Ibn Galal 5 mares are in foal to a full Nagel bred horse in Ashquar HM (NK Hafid Jamil x NK Asila (Salaa El Dine x Amarilla (Jamil x Ghazala)).

Dear Bloodstone Farms,

What a wonderful pedigree your foal will have!!!!! God Bless and please post a photo when born.

Kindest Regards

Greg cool.gif
Anne-Louise
I really try not to post on internet forums any more, but you have chosen my favourite mare! I think I've told this story a thousand times, but when I was a young girl, Australia's first Aussie Champs were being held and I told my mother that it was very important and I should go to this show. Because she is an excellent mother, I was there when 27 Ibn Galal V came into the ring, and it was my "epiphany moment" with Arabian horses. She was completely different to all the others, and when she snorted and blew and flew across that ring, with the most enormous, powerful, lofty trot, I got goosebumps all the way from head down my back and arms and to my toes. If I think about it now, I can still picture her and I STILL get goosebumps. I told Mum that someday, I would have a horse like that (I think I was 11 or 12) and Mum said, yes, dear.

I now have two grand children in tail female, Simeon Sachi (Asfour x Simeon Sheba out of 27 Ibn Galal V) and Simeon Selena (Asfour x Simeon Simona out of 27 Ibn Galal V) and several great-grand children - four Sachi daughters and a Simeon Shavvot daughter (Imperial Madaar x Simeon Soosa by Sadik out of Simona), and the latest imported in utero filly who is double Galal, by Simeon Shifran (Asfour x Simeon Shavit out of Safanad) and out of my lovely Selena.

Sachi is a treasure of a boy, more influenced by his sire than his dam, I think except that he also has her forward, powerful movement and spectacular shoulder. He is the kindest, sweetest stallion on the planet and just spent a few weeks with a David Conner for a brush up under saddle. He is such a soft, gentle horse in the stall, hates being stood up for halter and always has, but absolutely comes alive when he is ridden. We have a whippet puppy who is his best friend - they run all the way up the long fence together in his field, and when she is hot she will lie down in his big water bucket while he splashes his nose up and down and plays with her. He will call to her if she is outside and hasn't gone to visit him first.

Selena was shown under saddle quite successfully in Australia before she came to live with us, and a few years ago the very talented Kimmy Gibson was riding her under the trees at Simeon while I was there visiting. She was just a picture, floating through the sun and I fell completely in love with her. She wasn't for sale and I came home but mildly obsessed. I was back at Simeon the following year, and Marion mentioned that she was thinking of selling her. They turned her loose in the outdoor arena and she snorted and blew and flew across that ring just as her granddam had all those years earlier. I had my camera with me but couldn't even pick it up to take the picture, she was so beautiful. Greg, I am following your lead with Selena this year, she is being bred to Carol Maginn's new import, Nebras al Rayyan.

I realise the stories aren't as interesting as the pictures, so here are some of ours. Greg, you have acquired quite the collection there! Love all your Sheba offspring, she had the most spectacular eyes, didn't she?! Lucky you. And I love Hala B, too, what a treasure you have there, Dar Aziza.

Anne-Louise (edited to add, the photos are of Simeon Selena being ridden by Kimmy the day I fell in love with her, and my sweet boy, Sachi, photographed by Carol Maginn in 2010)
Gregory Keyes
Dear Anne-Louise,

You have 3 superb individuals of the 27 Ibn Galal family, the only Straight Egyptian daughter of 27 Ibn Galal 5 that is not represented in your 3 Simeon Arabians is Simeon Sukari wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif. I am amazed that you have a Simona daughter as I read an article where Marion had quoted she had sold 1 Simona daughter but no more would ever be sold and now I think there is 3 Simona daughters sold. You have been blessed with wonderful individuals that need to be treasured. Sachi is one of my personal favourites and how I wish he were here in Australia or at least his semen!!!!

What a wonderful story, it does not matter how many times you tell this story there will always be people that have not heard it. What an experience for a young girl and then how this experience played a part in the future for your breeding program. I had goosebumps just reading of the incomparable 27 Ibn Galal 5.

Good luck Anne-Louise with your future breeding program and thank you for your lovely comments.

Anne-Louise,

I tried to email you but have had the email returned, would you please email me at the address below.

Kindest Regards

Greg cool.gif
chaswyck stud
Haven't been on 'here' for such a long time and was drawn to the discussion about our favorite mare!!!

We first saw 27 Ibn Galal V at Sydney royal, I think it was about the late 70's, she went Champion mare and it was like the same as Anne-Louise described it, she simply just blew us away and we both remarked how much we would love to have a mare of this calibre one day. Never believing that we would realise our dreams in the not too distant future by having not one, but four fabulous individuals from this great mare. Our first was the love of our life in Simeon Sochain (Simeon Sadik x Simeon Simona) who gave us many beautiful progeny and memories. Our first Simeon mare was Simeon Sooka, a gorgeous bay/brown by Anaza Bay Shahh out of Simeon Sheba. She was a fantastic brood mare and had some stunning foals. Next we acquired the gorgeous Simeon Shakova that David and Sandie now have in N.Z. By Prince Fa Moniet out of Simeon Sukari, she also produced some stunners. Lastly we acquired Simeon Shakhaf ( Sadik's full sister) By Asfour and out of Simeon Safanad who sadly only left us with 2 offspring before her untimely demise. So we had what we thought 4 Simeon horses out of Marions' best mares and all coming from our dream mare Ibn Galal. She certainly left a legacy. And these will continue to breed on and produce more beauties for the S.E. gene pool. One very remarkable mare line.

Cheers,
Lorraine

P.S. Lovely to see all your lovely photos and descendants.
Gregory Keyes
Dear Lorraine,

Thank you for sharing your memories of 27 Ibn Galal 5. Your wonderful Chaswyck breeding program was certainly reflective of your original choice to focus on 27 Ibn Galal as your foundation tail female. You and Ron bred some truly outstanding individuals from this family who proved themselves in the showring and the breeding barn. We have been truly blessed to have acquired 2 Chaswyck mares that incorporated 3 of your 4 Ibn Galal descendants. Chaswyck on Gossemer Wings (Asfour x Simeon Sooka) and Chaswyck Bint Shakhof (Chaswyck Ace of Spades (Simeon Sochain x Simeon Sooka) x Simeon Shakhaf), they are 2 exceptional mares that we are very excited to have in our paddocks. Thank you for the wonderful opportunity you and Ron have given us.

Kindest Regards

Greg cool.gif
cmaginn

Anne Louise,

Great that you decided to post your story here. The story makes me want to cry. I am a sucker for a happy ending or a dream coming to fruition.

I am so happy that you have lived your dream, and I am grateful that you imported the first Asfour son in the US, and then Selena - such a beautiful Asfour daughter. I feel so much gratitude when I think of all the breeders who worked so hard and without which we wwouldn't have what we have now. For example without Balbona and Marion and you, many of us wouldn't have the horses we do now.

And that makes me think about how important it is to carry the torch forward - for the next generation of breeders.

Im so excited to see Selena's foal by Nebras. Miracle happens - a mare from Australia, a stud from Qatar - the future is bright and the world is gettng smaller every day it seems.

To the future....

Carol

QUOTE (Anne-Louise @ May 1 2011, 12:13 PM) *
I really try not to post on internet forums any more, but you have chosen my favourite mare! I think I've told this story a thousand times, but when I was a young girl, Australia's first Aussie Champs were being held and I told my mother that it was very important and I should go to this show. Because she is an excellent mother, I was there when 27 Ibn Galal V came into the ring, and it was my "epiphany moment" with Arabian horses. She was completely different to all the others, and when she snorted and blew and flew across that ring, with the most enormous, powerful, lofty trot, I got goosebumps all the way from head down my back and arms and to my toes. If I think about it now, I can still picture her and I STILL get goosebumps. I told Mum that someday, I would have a horse like that (I think I was 11 or 12) and Mum said, yes, dear.

I now have two grand children in tail female, Simeon Sachi (Asfour x Simeon Sheba out of 27 Ibn Galal V) and Simeon Selena (Asfour x Simeon Simona out of 27 Ibn Galal V) and several great-grand children - four Sachi daughters and a Simeon Shavvot daughter (Imperial Madaar x Simeon Soosa by Sadik out of Simona), and the latest imported in utero filly who is double Galal, by Simeon Shifran (Asfour x Simeon Shavit out of Safanad) and out of my lovely Selena.

Sachi is a treasure of a boy, more influenced by his sire than his dam, I think except that he also has her forward, powerful movement and spectacular shoulder. He is the kindest, sweetest stallion on the planet and just spent a few weeks with a David Conner for a brush up under saddle. He is such a soft, gentle horse in the stall, hates being stood up for halter and always has, but absolutely comes alive when he is ridden. We have a whippet puppy who is his best friend - they run all the way up the long fence together in his field, and when she is hot she will lie down in his big water bucket while he splashes his nose up and down and plays with her. He will call to her if she is outside and hasn't gone to visit him first.

Selena was shown under saddle quite successfully in Australia before she came to live with us, and a few years ago the very talented Kimmy Gibson was riding her under the trees at Simeon while I was there visiting. She was just a picture, floating through the sun and I fell completely in love with her. She wasn't for sale and I came home but mildly obsessed. I was back at Simeon the following year, and Marion mentioned that she was thinking of selling her. They turned her loose in the outdoor arena and she snorted and blew and flew across that ring just as her granddam had all those years earlier. I had my camera with me but couldn't even pick it up to take the picture, she was so beautiful. Greg, I am following your lead with Selena this year, she is being bred to Carol Maginn's new import, Nebras al Rayyan.

I realise the stories aren't as interesting as the pictures, so here are some of ours. Greg, you have acquired quite the collection there! Love all your Sheba offspring, she had the most spectacular eyes, didn't she?! Lucky you. And I love Hala B, too, what a treasure you have there, Dar Aziza.

Anne-Louise (edited to add, the photos are of Simeon Selena being ridden by Kimmy the day I fell in love with her, and my sweet boy, Sachi, photographed by Carol Maginn in 2010)

Gold Coin Arabians
Here is another mare with 27 Ibn Galal 5 in her pedigree. SH-Amira Zuleika, due to foal anytime now.

[attachment=117640:SH_Amira_Zuleika.jpg

Danny
Gregory Keyes
Dear Gold Coin,

How is your mare bred? She looks a lovely mare and who is she in foal to?

Kindest Regards

Greg cool.gif
Gold Coin Arabians
QUOTE (Gregory Keyes @ Jun 12 2011, 09:27 AM) *
Dear Gold Coin,

How is your mare bred? She looks a lovely mare and who is she in foal to?

Kindest Regards

Greg cool.gif

Amira is by LS Thee Bahim, a black, Thee Desperado son, and out of Shai Ganiya by Simeon Shai. Dahman Shawaniya strain to Bint El Bahrein through Bint Maisa El Saghira. She is currently in foal to AA Dark Ali. Long nights watching foal cam for the last few weeks, waiting for foals!!! Just visited your website and you have some lovely horses yourself.

Danny
cmaginn
Just wanted to add how much I love Danny's mare. Not only is she beautiful, but her movement is exceptional. I'm really happy she is in foal and can't wait to see her baby!!
Gregory Keyes
Hi Danny,

Good luck with the foal watch and may you be blessed with a lovely filly foal of the 27 Ibn Galal 5 type. Always admired the Simeon Shai descendents.

Kindest Regards

Greg cool.gif
Sabrina
My mare is a great
Sabrina
My mare is a great granddaughter to El Aswad, the full brother of 27 Ibn Galal 5 smile.gif. This year or next year, she will be bred to Imperial Baaron smile.gif

And her 2010 son smile.gif

Gregory Keyes
Dear Sabrina,

What a lovely bloodline this is!!! I have never seen any El Aswad progeny, he was a black? Your mare looks lovely and I wish you good luck and lots of blessings for a wonderful Imperial Baaron foal. Who is her son by?

Kindest Regards

Greg cool.gif
Sabrina
QUOTE (Gregory Keyes @ Jun 20 2011, 11:16 AM) *
Dear Sabrina,

What a lovely bloodline this is!!! I have never seen any El Aswad progeny, he was a black? Your mare looks lovely and I wish you good luck and lots of blessings for a wonderful Imperial Baaron foal. Who is her son by?

Kindest Regards

Greg cool.gif

Thank you :0. I'm very proud to have this bloodline biggrin.gif. Her son is sired by Kenz Noor biggrin.gif
vclink
QUOTE (Gregory Keyes @ Apr 30 2011, 10:53 PM) *
Dear Bloodstone Farms,

What a wonderful pedigree your foal will have!!!!! God Bless and please post a photo when born.

Kindest Regards

Greg cool.gif

Greg, we got a beautiful filly for Mother's Day. I have photos of her now online:

Photos (Simeon Sadran x MB Pirouette)

Valerie
Sabrina
hh such a sweet en very beautiful girl you have there Valerie smile.gif wub.gif
Gregory Keyes
Dear Valarie,

What an exquisite filly Pirouette has produced wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif . Exceptional bloodlines have definitely come to the fore in this case. Good Luck and God Bless that this filly lives up to all your dreams and expectations.

Kindest Regards

Greg cool.gif
Gold Coin Arabians
QUOTE (cmaginn @ Jun 15 2011, 03:57 AM) *
Just wanted to add how much I love Danny's mare. Not only is she beautiful, but her movement is exceptional. I'm really happy she is in foal and can't wait to see her baby!!

Thanks Carol, see her second foal in the 2011 Foals posting! She has had nice babies.........

Danny
Shakti
My previous stallion Desert HS Hero (*HS Hero by Simeon Sadik X ET Crown Prince DTR) has her to thank for his beautiful coat! In 4 generations of a predominantly grey pedigree, her chestnut came through.

It was a shock, but a very good one ;-)

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.