Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paris - Worldchampionship 2009
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - Übersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Verena1
The year befor it was alltime the mercure next to the exhibition the meeting point in the evening.
Which hotel will be this at the new place?
Verena1
No idea??????
DebC
I'm not sure anyone yet knows where this new place will be since the show is in a brand new location this year. So the attendees don't know yet in terms of what hotel most people will stay at and which one has the best lounge area for after show socializing.

I think it will take this year to figure that one out so you might have to wait until the show starts.

Deb C
Verena1
up.....
Liz Salmon
I've booked into a hotel Kyriad Roissy Villapinte Parc Des Expositions across from the show—a few minutes walk. It has varied reviews but I like to be within walking distance of the hotel, so we'll see. The train station is very close too to get down to the centre of Paris.
Verena1
Thank you Liz!!!!

See you in Paris!
DS-Sharnya
Would love to get to the World Championships oneday and see all the beautifully prepared horses strutting their stuff
Samsara
We booked in the Hotel Mercure, Parc des expositions, Villepinte.
and a lot of breeders booked there too....

AL MOUSSAMI
QUOTE (Liz Salmon @ Oct 1 2009, 12:36 PM) *
I've booked into a hotel Kyriad Roissy Villapinte Parc Des Expositions across from the show—a few minutes walk. It has varied reviews but I like to be within walking distance of the hotel, so we'll see. The train station is very close too to get down to the centre of Paris.

Liz I booked a room at "Premiere classRoissy-Villepinte ..See you in Paris I( will have a booth with my friends Anas and Ali Maamar the Artist ..For those looking for a hotel make sure to look in the area of ROISSY-VILLEPINTE PARC DES EXPOSITIONS,,That will be close to Charles Degaulle Airport and At a walking distance to the show grounds ..
Regards
Bachir
Susan
ZITAT(Verena1 @ Oct 1 2009, 06:20 AM) *
up.....

hallo Verena,
Wir Österreicher sind auch im Mercure neben der Show!!
Freu mich sehr Dich wiederzusehen!! Hast einen deiner feschen Araber mit????
Susanne
Arabian Stud Europe
QUOTE (Liz Salmon @ Oct 1 2009, 12:36 PM) *

We are also in this hotel! See you there!
cmaginn
I'm so excited about going to the show. I have not been there in 6 years! The last time I was there Al Adeed was World Champion Stallion and I think Loubna was the champion mare. Its was so fun. I ran to the horse show met lots of people. Was for the first time considered a "foreigner" which was fun. Someone told me I had an accent. I wonder if the American accent is so noticeable as a French or British accent? I met my first friend from Egypt - Essam Attia - he could see my future - and who would ever guess that...

I was able to introduce my mother to the Watts (I think they owned Loubna at the time). I seem to remember Chen there too congratulating them. We were giddy with excitement.

I recall walking away from the Watts and saying to my friends Janice and Becky "Boy they sure have the most amazing horses. I wonder what they do for a living?" Becky and Janice gave me this blank look like "Carol are you kidding me?" And she said have you not ever heard of the Rolling Stones? And I had of course but I didn't know why Janice was telling me about the Rolling Stones. Then she said that Mr. Watts was the drummer. I was shocked. He looked so proper and reserved I had no idea he could be a drummer in a rock band like that... Glad I didn't know so I wouldn't act all goofy and star struck. Anyway - my mom was impressed. I had to go buy a CD to see him on the cover to really believe it.

We ran to the Eiffel tower - ran to the Louvre to see the Mona Lisa. Its was not that impressive but nice to say we were there. We drove around and found the hotel that Princess Diana was last at. Made me really sad.

There is nothing like going to the Salon Du Cheval and the tickets used to be pretty cheap to fly over - not as much as you would think. I hope everyone goes. Put it on your bucket list! Its really a thrill!

Carol

QUOTE (Verena1 @ Sep 29 2009, 02:33 PM) *
The year befor it was alltime the mercure next to the exhibition the meeting point in the evening.
Which hotel will be this at the new place?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.