Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jordanian Nationals
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - Übersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Liz Salmon
I have just returned from Judging this show with Dr. Nasr Marei. It was my first time in Jordan, but not to the Middle East in general. Words cannot sufficiently describe the wonderful welcome, friendliness and hospitality of this attractive country. In my opinion it is a shining example, and stands tall and proud amid the turmoil of the Region. Never for one moment did we feel unsafe anywhere in the country, and we went from almost the top, to Aqaba at the bottom. I want to publically thank Princess Alia, Princess Zein, the show secretary Ghalia Nooreddin and everyone else involved for making it such an incredible and memorable visit. The friendly reception and hospitality was second to none.

I was very impressed with the standard of the horses, as I didn't know what to expect. About 100 horses competed, and the standard in some classes was higher that we often see at our Regional Championships which encompasses, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana—a huge area by comparison. I will be posting photos of the Champions soon. We are down loading them today. I judged the fillies and stallions, while Nasr judged the colts and mares. We judged all the Championships together. The really fun part—if a bit nerve racking as one got kicked by another, was judging all the foals, who were shown loose !! They strutted around—sometimes at a flat out gallop competing with each other.

I would really recommend a visit to this country for the Middle Eastern Championships held on October 6-9th. I also discovered that the Travel agent we used in Petra for our weeks tour after the show, does a five night horse camping trek in Wadi Rum, which would be a great experience, having visited the area.
aliaalhussein
Dear Liz, Thank you very much indeed for your kind words. We are all very happy with your assessment of our horses, and even more so that you had a good stay and liked the country and people! All the best, Alia
bartvb
Great to hear Liz.

It would be nice to have some results and maybe pictures?

All the Best, Bart.
Liz Salmon
I'm working on the photos now, and I will also post the results too. Liz
Majid
Dear Liz and Princess Alia,

Congratulations to Jordan on the success of its show!

Liz, it is great to hear about the positive experiences of your trip to Jordan! I had no doubt that you would have a great time! We look forward to your report and the pictures.

See you at at the Egyptian Event.

Majid
Nick
Dear Liz,
your show reviews are one of the best.
I can't wait to read it.
Your words are more precise than any picture. biggrin.gif
Liz Salmon
You know one thing that really struck both of us was the sense of peace and tranquility in both the cities and the countryside. It's particularly amazing with all the turmoil going in countries on either side. Amman is such a beautiful city, whose buildings are composed almost entirely of a creamy beige sandstone, with sometimes terracotta roofs. The architecture was also very imaginative and stunning. We learnt so much from our drivers and guides too.

On one occasion, coming back from Jerash we got caught up with bus and car loads of students hanging out of the windows waving the Jordanian flag and photos of the late King Hussein and the present King Abdullah. They were on their way to a rally at the Royal Palce to support peace and to condemn the recent discovery of chemical weapons in Amman. One bus load saw me taking some video, and shouted encouragement, yelling YES YES !! It was great to be among them, instead of reading about it in a paper or seeing it on TV.
Liz Salmon
Here are photos of the four Champions:Stallion- BK Hamza (Pesal x Elwirena)
Liz Salmon
Champion Mare: Karmen CT (Lumiar Amadeus x Dahila RMC)
Liz Salmon
Champion Filly: Kuhaylar Maar Hala (Richter MH x Thee China Doll)
Liz Salmon
Champion Colt: Nibras (Ansata Safeer x Noora)
Liz Salmon
I just love this photo of Princess Zein's daughter showing the Champion mare in the Young Handlers class.
ArabianFancy
I am getting an error message for the photos!
Any suggestions for viewing them? Thanks!
Gina
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.