Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Riffal/oran/grand Royal
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
alythlong
In other forums there has been discussion about Riffal (Naufal/Razina) Oran (Riffal/Astrella and Grand Royal (Oran/Sharima) being classed as Straight Egyptians. I have read and re-read the criteria for defining an se and cannot see how these horses can be classed as such. Can anyone enlighten me? What are your opinions? Thank you all in advance!
HLM
QUOTE (alythlong @ Mar 19 2012, 09:11 AM) *
In other forums there has been discussion about Riffal (Naufal/Razina) Oran (Riffal/Astrella and Grand Royal (Oran/Sharima) being classed as Straight Egyptians. I have read and re-read the criteria for defining an se and cannot see how these horses can be classed as such. Can anyone enlighten me? What are your opinions? Thank you all in advance!

Alythlong, I consider Riffal (1936) champion horse and producer of champions a Straight Egyptian.
I do not consider Grand Royal a Straight Egyptian or even "Asil" as he carries Skowronek.

Hope that explains?

Hansi
2mntn
QUOTE (HLM @ Mar 19 2012, 01:55 PM) *
Alythlong, I consider Riffal (1936) champion horse and producer of champions a Straight Egyptian.
I do not consider Grand Royal a Straight Egyptian or even "Asil" as he carries Skowronek.

Hope that explains?

Hansi

Hi Hansi,

I think she means GRAND ROYAL AHSB*1226. These three horses were of ancestors that had produced horses incorporated by the RAS. These ancestors all "became" Egyptian when TPS set forth it's definition of "straight Egyptian".
HLM
QUOTE (2mntn @ Mar 19 2012, 09:15 PM) *
Hi Hansi,

I think she means GRAND ROYAL AHSB*1226. These three horses were of ancestors that had produced horses incorporated by the RAS. These ancestors all "became" Egyptian when TPS set forth it's definition of "straight Egyptian".

Thanks Ray, I looked at Grand Royal (1947) my mistake.

Hansi
alythlong
Thanks Hansi and Ray. I understand Sotamm and his son Kazmeen became Egyptian when exported there, but how about his English born foal Naufal? How can he be Egyptian? And Riffals dam Razina (Rasim/Riyala) although there is lots of Egyptian in her bloodlines there are lines that go to Blunts desert imports who neither went to Egypt or had offspring go there?
HLM
QUOTE (alythlong @ Mar 20 2012, 06:53 AM) *
Thanks Hansi and Ray. I understand Sotamm and his son Kazmeen became Egyptian when exported there, but how about his English born foal Naufal? How can he be Egyptian? And Riffals dam Razina (Rasim/Riyala) although there is lots of Egyptian in her bloodlines there are lines that go to Blunts desert imports who neither went to Egypt or had offspring go there?

Well my dear, it takes a lot to understand the system. Horses which should not be considered SEs are, others which are , are not considered. these are menmade labels and one needs to consider their usage.Labels usually enhance the value of a horse, regardless of what quality it is. I also feel it is the EAO/Egypt who is decider what is and what is not.

I consider "Naufal" (1916) a SE. He is also a multiple champion. (under saddle)

Hansi

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.