Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Micklem Bridle
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
JacqueB
On Facebook with my dressage trainer & someone brought up the Micklem bridle. Arab's can be tough to get a bridle to fit right because how broad yet short their heads are. I was wondering if anyone has experience using this bridle & how to order one to fit an Arab. Looking at the William Micklem website I can appreciate the comfort it might bring a horse. And I've seen Linda Tellington-Jones use something like this on her training videos. My Arabs are light in the bridle which this bridle would seem to keep. Looking forward to finding out anybody's experience with this bridle used with Arabs. Thanks!
M.D.
QUOTE (JacqueB @ Mar 21 2012, 02:28 PM) *
On Facebook with my dressage trainer & someone brought up the Micklem bridle. Arab's can be tough to get a bridle to fit right because how broad yet short their heads are. I was wondering if anyone has experience using this bridle & how to order one to fit an Arab. Looking at the William Micklem website I can appreciate the comfort it might bring a horse. And I've seen Linda Tellington-Jones use something like this on her training videos. My Arabs are light in the bridle which this bridle would seem to keep. Looking forward to finding out anybody's experience with this bridle used with Arabs. Thanks!

Hello to all who are trying to huddle and hide their topics and pictures on facebook ?

C'mon out 'n play out here, again. Your exclusive little teaparties can be held and shared on this forum, instead on ridiculous and seperate clique- and fan-groupings on fb.
Or are you scared ?
Not everyone wants to joinfb you know. But if everybody leaves this forum boring as hell after a while I say it like Schwarzenegger: " Don't be a party pooper!". smile.gif smile.gif

Get your..out here. wink.gif
MAXHOPEMIME
Hi Jacque!
I do not know much about the bridle in question, but having looked and read about them on the website, I would say that you should contact them, because you are right, with an Arab head you will need part small horse and part big horse for it to fit correctly.
My own personal observation on this bridle is the noseband/flash that holds the mouth closed as it runs under the bit. I am of the school of thought that it is unnecessary to force a horse to keep his mouth closed. And it does cause discomfort to the horse not being able to evade what is really a problem with the riders hands.
JacqueB
Thanks Maxhopemime,
I think that's something a rider always struggles with, being responsive/elastic to the mouth contact especially on the green horse. Having good timing is really helpful when you can quickly release to freely forward, balanced work, but offer resistance-a rein half halt for trying to "run away" at what ever gait you are in or simply demanding elastic contact when you first start into work. I thought it was an interesting looking bridle & some folks had their horses going more freely forward with the "comfort" of this bridle. I think I'll work longer in what I've got & keep my ears open & keep asking questions. My trainer said there was a question on her "r" dressage judge examine, but she had never seen one.
I'll keep your thoughts in mind.
Marilee
Don't know what this bridle is. We used a normal headstall/bridle with a snaffle bit (egg butt) and a cavesson (dropped noseband). Did not have to use a flash or anything else.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.