Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can You Venture A Guess As To His Pedigree?
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
Abbasiyah
Philippe Paraskevas has given me permission to copy this from his FB page "The Egyptian Alternative". He would like you to join in in trying to guess the pedigree of this lovely young colt.

The author posted a photo of one of his 3 year old colts. Can you venture a guess as to his pedigree? Breeders are invited to take the plunge and advance their estimates of the sire and dam lines involved. Share with your friends.

Click to view attachment

Judi Parks I am still trying to fix the strain of the dam... is it Hadbah with some Anter/Akhtal in the sireline? Although he has the elegance of having some Saqlawi in there too....
2 hours ago ∑ Like∑ Posted Image 1Posted ImageThe Egyptian Alternative Consult your friends, share the link, keep your answers coming, it would be awesome if anyone could find the pedigree of this colt. The answer my friends, will be given in the next Arabian Horse World issue (May).about an hour ago ∑ Like
Abbasiyah
Wow... nobody is brave enough?? I ventured to guess that he might have some Anter or Akhtal in the sireline, Kuhaylan looking and maybe a touch of Saklawi...
Don't be afraid to make mistakes .... heck I make them every day!! LOL
M.D.
QUOTE (Abbasiyah @ Apr 18 2012, 04:17 PM) *
Wow... nobody is brave enough?? I ventured to guess that he might have some Anter or Akhtal in the sireline, Kuhaylan looking and maybe a touch of Saklawi...
Don't be afraid to make mistakes .... heck I make them every day!! LOL

U want Volume II for free ?
Abbasiyah
QUOTE (M.D. @ Apr 18 2012, 10:26 AM) *
U want Volume II for free ?

Wow M.D. what is your problem? unsure.gif I have already acquired Vol l and Vol II and read both of them. I'm getting ready to read them again as I have a great deal of interest in what Philippe has to say and I myself love the EAO breeding programme. So no I don't need Vol II for free unless of course you wish to give me another copy for my library?? Actually I could always give this extra copy to someone who is serious interested in what this book has to offer. blink.gif
Nadj al Nur
I have both volumes as well, but indeed, if you are giving one away, I know people who would love to have it.
C
Nasser
He reminds me of Misk
JoeFerriss
QUOTE (Abbasiyah @ Apr 17 2012, 07:54 PM) *
Philippe Paraskevas has given me permission to copy this from his FB page "The Egyptian Alternative". He would like you to join in in trying to guess the pedigree of this lovely young colt.

The author posted a photo of one of his 3 year old colts. Can you venture a guess as to his pedigree? Breeders are invited to take the plunge and advance their estimates of the sire and dam lines involved. Share with your friends.

Click to view attachment

...okay I will bite. First, I don't do Facebook so this forum is the only viewing for me of this colt. Second, it is nearly impossible to look up the pedigrees of the young stock in Egypt. Datasource is woefully behind, sometimes nothing beyond 2002 and even All Breed Pedigree Database does not list some of the El Ateya horses if spellings from AHW articles are entered. So all I can do is make wild guesses. At first, I see color and markings reminiscent of one of my favorite dam lines, that of Basima (Alaa El Din x Sherifa) who is marked very similar to this young colt. (I loved her daughter *Saleema by Anter). That being said, I do not find her in the pedigrees that I can round up of the El Ateya breeding program, so then my guess would be this colt could be of the El Deree sire line via Akhtal and perhaps of the Rodania female line via Rissala-Yashmak-Rahma-Raweyah. Don't forget that the famous Aseel son out of Raweyah, *El Mareekh had a look similar to this colt.
karin
Joe, you might have won the book. Interesting what you wrote! thank you,

Karin
Abbasiyah
Wow.... Go look at the Arabian Horse World web site and see Philippe's new farm brochure.... You will be in for a surprise as to what the breeding is on the colt.... An out cross for sure smile.gif

Wonderful article and some super nice horses IMHO...
Egyptian Star
QUOTE (Abbasiyah @ May 11 2012, 04:49 PM) *
Wow.... Go look at the Arabian Horse World web site and see Philippe's new farm brochure.... You will be in for a surprise as to what the breeding is on the colt.... An out cross for sure smile.gif

Wonderful article and some super nice horses IMHO...

I agree..wondeful website and information. Super nice horses......something for us all to think about. I have always liked the Anter, Alaa El Din and Sameh lines. So I am not to far off in my breeding group.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.