Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Some Expertise
StraightEgyptians.com Forum > Overview - ‹bersicht > Discussion - Diskussion
ohricky
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the world of the Egyptian Arabian. Not Arabians in general. Just the Egyptian. I've always loved my Spanish horses. So that is the world I am most familiar with.

Recently I fell for an amazing Egyptian stallion. I have found myself changing course. I still love the Spanish, But I've developed an affinity for the Egyptian.

So I need to bone up on my Egyptian knowledge. Maybe you all can help. I is clear that I have a lot to learn.

1---What does it mean to be Strait Egyptian?

2-- How can a horse be SE but not qualify for Al Khamsa ?

3--How can a horse be AK but not SE?

4 - What exactly is Sheykh Obeyd ?

5-- How is a horse AK and Sheykh Obeyd not be SE?

Please explain this pedigree-- DA Superstitious Moon

Thanks
Nadj al Nur
QUOTE (ohricky @ Apr 25 2012, 10:12 AM) *
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the world of the Egyptian Arabian. Not Arabians in general. Just the Egyptian. I've always loved my Spanish horses. So that is the world I am most familiar with.

Recently I fell for an amazing Egyptian stallion. I have found myself changing course. I still love the Spanish, But I've developed an affinity for the Egyptian.

So I need to bone up on my Egyptian knowledge. Maybe you all can help. I is clear that I have a lot to learn.

1---What does it mean to be Strait Egyptian?

2-- How can a horse be SE but not qualify for Al Khamsa ?

3--How can a horse be AK but not SE?

4 - What exactly is Sheykh Obeyd ?

5-- How is a horse AK and Sheykh Obeyd not be SE?

Please explain this pedigree-- DA Superstitious Moon

Thanks

To be SE, the horse's ancestors must have been used in an Egyptian breeding program. Many of the AK horses, or their ancestors came straight from the desert without passing through Egypt, so even though they may come from the same roots, they are not considered SE.(very basic explanation)
If you go to the AK site at www.alkhamsa.org you will find full definitions and explanations and also an online roster of North American AK horses with full pedigrees and lists of descendants. This is free for anyone to use.
DA Superstitious moon is AK, but not SE. There is a line to Rabana, and others that are not considered SE, but definately an AK horse. Somebody more familiar with SOF would have to check that one, as I am not up on it as much.....
Hope this helps.
Cathy
karin
http://www.sheykhobeyd.org/

This is a link to Sheykh Obeyd.

Karin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.